Levels are open, multiple ways to get from point A to B

>levels are open, multiple ways to get from point A to B
>stealth is the best it has ever been
>best selection of guns
>best story
>most interesting characters
>by all means have almost perfected the formula
>series ends

I hope some scrappy young developer takes up the Uncharted mantle with 4s improvements and add their own twist.

Is it possible to have an Uncharted thread on Cred Forums?

Yes, great game.
Gorgeous and fun

There's still the DLC to come

I'm a big fan of the series and I hope someone continues to make cinematic action games. Open world games are all well and good but I don't always want that.

Its fucking shitty movie garbage for normies with pshit4

t.pcuck

The stealth is pretty shit tho.

I like rise of the tomb raider too user.

>he plays nogames on pshit4

Yeah I said it's the best it has ever been. Servicable but not amazing.

Recently borrowed 4 from a friend and the way it controls just bugs me
Everything is entirely context sensitive, even movement, and it makes it feel like you hardly have any direct control over much, like you're just watching a movie
I know the cinematic games thing is a meme, but it honestly just feels like that to the point that it's jarring and detracts from actually playing the game

Uncharted 4 reminded me a lot of old school Metal Gear Solid 3, strangely enough. Tons of TECHNOLOGY, open environments to stealth or action through on a linear progression, cinematic chase sequences, including an escape on the back of a motorcycle while you shoot at a very large vehicle chasing you, ect.

Honestly, if they just decided to give Uncharted 4 crazy super natural boss fights with tons of character and a giant mech to fight, then it would be the best Metal Gear since 3.

>Everything is entirely context sensitive,
Besides 'playable story events' like the auction the rest when you drive around in a jeep or do tomb raider things controls normally.

Completed it on max difficulty. At first I thought it will be good. But in the end it was boring ass shitty movie. Into the trash bin it went.

>Everything is context sensitive
>Even movement

Whoa, hold up. I know climbing and platforming is semi-scripted bullshit, thats no surprise. I also know that melee combat is context sensitive as fuck. But movement? That's just a bullshit lie. Walking works the same as any other game.

It was great but IT COULD HAVE SERIOUSLY HAVE MORE SHOOTOUTS/ENCOUNTERS.

The shooting and combat was.the strongest part of the game but there was not enough of it.

The stealth was great too. The fact that nearly every level was built with stealth in mind was awesome.

Yeah that was cool as fuck. Hope the DLC isn't a walking sim.

>Completed it on max difficulty.
Which one was that? Not sure I even to managed to unlock it yet.

Eh, I liked the Uncharted series but 4 wasn't great. It's like the followed TLoU's blueprint and tried to make it relevant to Uncharted.
Story starts off far too slow with you just walking for 9 chapters before the game really starts. There's only about 3 big set pieces and they were all shown off in E3 trailers. And Nadine can only have been shoe-horned in during the last delay to add a black character as she had no impact on the story whatsoever.

No, the way Drake moves is entirely context sensitive
You can't run when you want to because you're still in stealth mode or whatever, things like that, I end mashing circle to roll all the time because it's literally the only movement I actually have control over
Like having a crouch button or something would help fix that and give a better feeling of control but no, the game decides that for you

If the enemies have not detected you yet, then you are in stealth mode. If you enter tall grass while in stealth mode you will crouch.

In the end, I don't know why it matters so much to you, because drake literally moves the same speed regardless of stealth mode or crouching.

>stealth is the best it has ever been
If hate to think how bad the others are. I killed a guy outside of tall grass, and his buddy saw it from at most 30 feet away and didn't react.

How's the multiplayer, is it still alive? I haven't been able to play for the past 3 months.

>best selection of guns
I don't know, man, I liked U2's better.

best ending, heist level and antagonist for sure

but not enough sully

>wants to say Uncharted 4 is good
>hypes up the nice-looking but shallow story mode and says nothing on the great multiplayer

It matters because it's boring
Everything just happens and Drake changes accordingly while all you do is hold forward on the left stick the exact same way, you don't even need to slow walk for stealth or anything, he just does it while you keep the stick pressed as forward as possible
There's as minimal player-control interaction as possible and it bugs me

Kind of glad they didn't go down the supernatural route, yet at the same time it made the treasure being "lost" at the end a little too grounded; I mean it only got sealed off in a cave. Just blast another hole in it and they could grab most of the treasure that wasn't badly burned again.

>normies!!
Kill yourself, dumb autist.

Uncharted multiplayer is ass. Always had been. Gears is still the best cover based TPS multiplayer.

>best story
>most interesting characters
I disagree, story was way too serious and Sam was a terrible human bean.

>he has aspergers

>not liking both
mad pcuck spotted

Nah man, Uncharted 2's mutliplayer was fun too. It wasn't untill 3 when they add so many shitty modes.

>liking shit
>not owning all consoles
should learn to manage money , it will come handy when mommy stops giving you 5 bucks every month

>trying to save face
ayy lmao

So metal gear solid 1 and metal gear solid 2 had boring stealth and were bad stealth games? You couldn't crouch, and you didn't make noise nor did you have to slow your footsteps.

I was honestly 100% expecting dramatic irony in its fullest- he goes off to do the malaysia job ship salvage after the events of the game, and ends up finding the treasure there.

Yeah metal gear was pretty shit too, what's your point

2 is still better

>by all means have almost perfected the formula

UC4 has the worst pacing in the series

This. I can't believe even a game made from segments pasted with cheap story glue like U3 manages to have a sightly better pacing than U4.

It's kinda sad that "the best series has" is just a way to hide "still shitty, but not as shitty as before".

Nah, the game just controls like shit. No need to try to explain it more than that.

This.

It was a bit too much like TLOU.

>levels are open, multiple ways to get from point A to B
If this is what you consider open I'd hate to see what you consider linear.

>resort to comparing UC4's stealth with a game from 1999

That's really not a good thing.

Gunplay is great.
Climbing is still shit.
Stealth is too barebones.
Early parts has too much exposition and story focus.
Later parts has too much same'y gameplay.
Middle is great.
Fantastic graphics.
Ok story.

Uncharted 4 is a solid 3/5.