I have a question

I have a question.

I'm near finishing Re;birth 1 and some time ago Marvy joined my party. And upon doing a bit of research, I found out she was originally from the third game. I've seen playthrough and how she actually meets Neptune and all...

So my question is - how can both versions co-exist? Should Re;birth be treated as an alternate universe of sorts? I'm not missing any scenes or story by playing only Re;birth?

Neptunia thread, I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/64yOsRVZH7I
youtube.com/watch?v=31Yot7znY7A
m.youtube.com/watch?v=bJFJw8wjPWA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Who is this citrus haired genki-machine?

Big titted, double-wielding ninja who loves futomaki rolls and is voiced by Hitomi Harada

>how can both versions co-exist?
Alternate Universes
>Should Re;birth be treated as an alternate universe of sorts?
Yes
>I'm not missing any scenes or story by playing only Re;birth?
Yeah for one NISA ;_;.

The Re;Birth games are alternate versions of the same events. The storyline in the originals was kinda darker too.

ReBirth1 and HDN 1 are vastly different games.

Are the original games worth playing? It seems liks everyone speaks more highly about Re;birth, but I've seen bit of gameplay of the original and it seems kinda interesting. I like their sprites, as well as darker environment.

Rebirth 1 is a single story while rebirth 2-3+ V-II are "canon"

Do you like your game to run at 10 fps in dungeons and have music that makes your ears bleed?

HDN is 100% the kusoge it was hailed as. Only with HDN2 did the games start to get better.

Blanc

just an example
youtu.be/64yOsRVZH7I

The combat system is kinda weird in 1. It seems interesting at first, but it becomes boring very fast.

>steamshits will never ever get gust desuno~

HDNmk2 has in my eyes the best and most interesting battlesystem.
It's not as smooth/slick as the post Victory games, but a good deal more tactical.

Though in V2 they managed to extend the "this is somewhat challenging and I have to think about things instead of spamming 1-2 moves over and over" quite a bit through breaking up your party in the golden third arc.

She was useless anyway, like all magic users.

Neptunia's music aren't horrible. V-II's combat theme get pretty damn good.
youtube.com/watch?v=31Yot7znY7A

The makers from Victory/Rebirth 3 use MAGES.'s technology to warp to a similar world to Neptunia 1 and change the events.

that's what I said.
The games got progressively better each installment.
What I posted was from the original HDN which has music that, combined with the atrocious framerate, gives me headaches after playing for longer than 15 minutes.

I've read a bit about Nisa. She was an important character in the original, right? Why was she complelty cut from remakes?

They speak more highly about Re;Birth because the original Neputnia played like shit and the only thing redeemable about it was the actual character development None of the other maker girls were shoehorned in aside from the dlc just for the sake of it.

Spoilers:
Iffy actually questions whether to poison Neptune for her loyalty with Leanbox.
Blanc is the one who screwed herself over instead of Arfoire and is too stubborn to admit it.
Neptune questions herself if she really wants to be the Goddess of Planeptune instead of just taking it like it is in Re:Birth. Also you can beat the crap out of her until she accepts it.

Keep telling yourself that steamshitter

m.youtube.com/watch?v=bJFJw8wjPWA

>true justice will never return to gamindustri
She was the best and only got cut due to silly company drama. Though I guess she's still "alive" in the netherworld.

she and compa were the only makers that really saw much action in my main party for mk2.
Baby got SP for days.

>Steamshitter secondaries will never ever get gust and nippon ichi

I wish that drama finally resolves itself so that NISA can remake HDN yet again with RB1 battle mechanics.

She and Gust were side characters who joined your party but were only playable if you bought their DLC. Both of them returned for Mk2 but Gust got bought by Koei after that so she doesn't exist anymore. As for Nisa, CH and NIS had a dumb argument that resulted in them cutting all ties so she only appears in Disgaea now.

>tfw we could have had neps in disgaea if not for dumbass japanese business men

>NISA
>not CH

Nisa has new lines in Disgaea 5 in which she mentiond gameindustri so there might be a small chance they'll patch things up in the future. I wouldn't count on it though.

>dumb argument
it was NIS working their Disgaea salaryslaves too hard to the point that they jumped ship to CH, who took'em in and took care of them.
That caused the drama between CH and NIS.

It is a dumb argument on NIS' part since those employees quit by themselves because of their harsh working conditions. And instead of admitting their mistakes NIS decided to get mad at CH for not being slave drivers.

Gust was right to stay out of the nepshit cancer when it hit steam with secondary """fans"""

HDN1 and Re;birth1 take place in separate universes compared to HDN2/Victory and Re;birth2 and Re;birth3.

Both HDN1 and Re;birth1 end in ways that leave no room open for a sequel, so they had to make a new universe that starts off in the second game. This universe is the world they choose for the story in every game after.

>how can both versions co-exist?

There's actually little hints here and there suggesting that Hissy from another dimension is sending them on missions to help neps in other dimensions....

>Are the original games worth playing?
I would if you enjoy the neptunia series. It's darker and the goddesses are very hostile towards each other. Also, the game becomes a joke once you hit level 20.

inb4 it's not Histy doing it
it's badsty doing it so she has shit to watch