Are mods good?

Are mods good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kOWh142gBjA
genericname112.wixsite.com/gmdx
youtube.com/watch?v=NJ-xcgBL1mY
vndb.org/v1489
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Some good, a few phenomenal, mostly awful.

Mods are worth it because they can fix games, or transcend them into something beautiful.

Pic somewhat related.

No, they're disrespectful to the original creators. If you think you can do better, make your own game instead of mooching off other people' work.

Mods are just choosing toppings on your plain pizza. Add whatever you like on it, but don't expect others to like it too.

If they're so disrespectful why do many creators provide modding tools for people to mod their games?

They can be, but modders have very narrow priorities. Having nice visuals is good and everything, but when given the tools to shape the game it seems limited when that's all modders do.

>make old games functional again on modern hardware
>update visuals
>fix bugs which devs forgot
>add new content

youtube.com/watch?v=kOWh142gBjA

You can't argue against them being good as a whole, only adress specific mods you might dislike on personal preference.

genericname112.wixsite.com/gmdx
Mods are amazing. Anyone who says otherwise is a console babby.

Yes.

Most mods are.

The ones with anime, brony shit, furry shit and anything like that need to be killed though

Do you live in 2003? Mod tools are a rarity nowadays, thankfully.

You sound like a virgin, kid

. . . NOW YOU DIE ! TRY AND DODGE THIS !!! 1!

They are necessary for Bethesda games

that trailer looks like shit

And people still think those games are good rofl

They kept the Doom community alive for over 20 years, which means they're the fucking best.

The dumbest thing id software ever did was not charging for Doom's mod tools.

Considering most mods nowadays are just texture swaps or a very specific fix because of a lack of modding tools I'd say... yes?

Why?

>Mod tools are a rarity nowadays, thankfully.

Well not like modern games are woth keeping alive anyway.

It's a game from 1999, it looks fucking PHENOMINAL considering its age, you underage faggot.

>AAA titles that are usually the attention of modders
>"""artist's vision"""

pls bruh. they're just engineered cash grabs with heavy compromises from the original "vision" due to budget constraints, marketing input, and tight deadlines. Modding is a way for the consumer to add replayability to a product.

Bethesda has been absolute dogshit from Oblivion onward. Morrowind was their masterpiece, everything later has been consolized dogshit that requires 100 mods to be playable. Morrowind didn't need mods to be excellent, but they still enormously improved the (already great) experience.

Terrible business decision, lost income.

This.

Mods are a good thing. Original Artist Vision has to be good from the beginning, otherwise no one would make mods for it. Firthermore sometimes artist might lack ability, tech or funds to create artistic vision, which mods also can fix.

This is the worst, I love the stalker series but 99% of the mods just change the fucking visual.

They give you the option to change the game in certain ways, if you so desire.
That's objectively desirable, no matter how you look at it.

so 99% of the mods?

Here's the image, that actually reflects reality

Found the Nintendrone

>Are mods good?
just to see consolefags crawl and buy a new console and the same game just to have the right to use 2gb of retexture and think it's a victory and a revolution?

absolutely

I suppose, but it led to a loyal fanbase that kept their game alive for decades, and would loyally purchase their new efforts upon release. (Doom II, Quake 1/2, etc.)

When they add new shit, sure
Most graphical mods are shit though since they either
>Replace shitty blurry textures with still shitty sharp textures
>Completely fuck the brightness so you can't see shit in anywhere but the most well lit areas (looking at you, every single VtMB mod)
>DoF so strong it feels like a "lost my glasses" simulator

Mods can turn shit like Skyrim into an amazing adventure. With 150+ mods this piece of shit is able to entertain me for tens of hours.

talking about the voice acting too

Mods as a generic idea are good. You can do basically anything.

So some faggot wanted to turn his game into a JJ Abrams faggotfest with additional Waifu's.

Or you can strive for something more realistic, everybody gets what they want.

Look at games like Wind Waker and Twilight Princess for the Wii U. They look almost identical to Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD Texture mods available for emulators on PC.

>People actually think this looks good
Just make your own game, you leech

If it needs to be that way so that we at least have %1 good non furranimetrapbrony shit then so be it

no, not quite
The real version would have "artist's vision" replaced with "marketing"
and there'd be a panel labeled "artist's vision" and it'd just be a picture of a pile of cash

I'd make it but I'm lazy

>looks
>voice acting

Do your job and report spam/bait thread you bunch of retards

>install 30 mods
>none of them change the actual game world
>all of them fix stupid shit the lazy devs fucked up

>not posting OpenXCOM
Opinion trashed

>free new content is bad

Consolecucks pls go

Not bad, just stupid. It should all cost money to enforce competition and quality

it looks fun

Might as well, yes. Fuck all that noise, filter the wheat from the chaff.

>All those community patches for Skyrim that patch unfixed bugs
>The patch that decreases likelihood of savefile corruption
>The mods that increase game stability to decrease crashes

Anyone who thinks the very idea of mods, and by extension all kinds of mods are bad, are either trolling or just sour grapes because they can't have them.

Hell look how Xbox players shat themselves in giddy excitement over Fallout 4 mods, and how angrily the PS4 fanbase is reacting over Sony pulling the plug on Skyrim mods.

Go to bed Bobby.

>consoles
>quality
loma

>things costing money "enforces quality"

go shill your shitty dlc somewhere else

Sauce?

Paid mods are not a inherently bad idea, the free market would ensure fair competition. As users compete for your dollar, the mod scene's quality rises to meet demand. Make mods free and you end up with 100s of shitty mods, because there is no incentive for quality.

"artist" "vision"
I think you mean "producer's good-enough-to-ship"

>mfw neo Cred Forums is against mods and pirating

Mods are ok if devs explicitly allowed it, but if you actually pirate games, please remove yourself from the gene pool.

It's like you're not even trying anymore.

It's really bad. Against mods and pirating, Halo and CoD are good games. Graphics are important. It's really just all gone downhill.

Your shitty theories do not apply to the real world.

Fuck off with your jewing sugarcoated as "free market"

There's no incentive for quality either way. Charge money and people will move in and realise they can half-ass something and take peoples money.

Look what happened during the brief Steam Paid mods, people were stealing free mods from other creators and uploading them as their own for money.

If your logic held any weight, anything that costs money would be quality and not at all shit, but it's not the case.

There are stand alone games you can pay for that are trash. Paying for something has nothing to do with incentive for quality

I know this is b8 but still

Just replace the anime girls with ponies and you're about right.

Free mods without proper moderation will simply become a shit show. At the point of proper moderation they might as well just become official DLC that the creater gets a cut of.

With modding, we can have both.

There are some games which you literally can not buy anymore, only second hand which is the same as pirating.
Do you even play games, or do you shitpost on Cred Forums all day?

>Mods are ok if devs explicitly allowed it
>if you actually pirate games, please remove yourself from the gene pool
good fucking goy
just leave, please

Meant for

t. mordecai goldbergstein

Out of the loop here, what's the Battleborn reference?

>neo Cred Forums
the "artist's vision" fags have always been around, but I always chocked it up to bitter console players going sour grapes on mods.

What about the fifty million copies of that game you can find in bargain bins?

I love Stranglehold.

This. As a proud redditor, cuckold, nu-male, and beta extraordinaire I strongly hate anime mods.

I saw that smug alligator picture on r/funny this morning btw, great taste in reaction faces.

Underrated.

>muh free market
Fuck off, you lolbertardian classcuck.

Is that from that shitty James Bond movie?

Honestly. A few years ago, this thread would have been recognized as shitty sour grapes bait by a salty consolefag. Now, not only are people biting the bait, they're outright agreeing with it.

communism sounds good on paper too, faggot.

Too bad it doesn't work

Good luck driving across the entire country spending 800 dollars on gas to track down a single store which doesn't value its shelf/bin space enough so they stock a 10 year old game.

>communism doesn't work
Tell that to Cuba and Rojava.

>fsopen

I love you user

hud in battleborn is a clusterfuck.

unfortunately, this. I keep with the original:

youtube.com/watch?v=NJ-xcgBL1mY

I'm so sad that this game is stuck in limbo from being released on steam, gog etc.

that is because you are lurking the shittiest and most reddit-infested board on Cred Forums, just leave and fuck discussing vidya with those newfaggots, man.

There is no board culture at all here.

>Rojava
>Communist
mhm.

What is the movie top pic is from?

>caring about permission for something

That's nice, kid.

Holy fuck, I didn't think it would be so fucking bad.

I don't know, you tell me

You're such a hardcore rebel. I would probably wish to be like you when I grow up if not for the fact that I'm already older than you.

>deleted

Glad you realized how much of a faggot you are

Infinite Heaven made me replay MGSV.

>What is Half Life
>What is Counter Strike
>What is Team Fortress
>Mods are bad >:(
Wew lad

That's.. real nice kid.

>meme parody

gabe please, there is no need for this. Your fans are gonna eat your shit anyway.

I didn't realize the free market triggered Cred Forums so badly. Are you all socialcucks?

I didn't realize you were a libertarian faggot.
Have fun claiming to be an enlightened atheist while simultaneously worshipping the free market and Ayn Rand.

>Semen remaining

>I'm already older than you.
I'm sure you are, it's obviously evidenced by the fact that you've been cucked into needing "permission" before you do anything. Bought a product, but the creator didn't specifically say it was okay for you to alter it? That's not allowed, then. The overall declining quality control for vidya over the years? Too bad, pirating is still against the rules. Take a look at yourself, is this really what you believe?

You can't manipulate my hatred of Communism with your shitposting, user.

mods that provide bug fixes and graphical improvements without interfering with the game balance or visual design are good.

mods that add shit from other media, "sexy" content, ugly reskins of models, cheats, dogshit graphical updates that destroy the original aesthetic, "restored" content that was cut for a damn good reason, memes that will be dead in a month, and other pointless shit that serves no purpose other than to add autistic things so shitters with no attention span can jerk off are cancer.

Its like the word 'meme' has completely swallowed the word 'joke.'

>hating communism
For shame.

They're the reason why a single player RPG like Skyrim has been hovering consistently near the top 10 played games on Steam for 5 years.

just on Cred Forums, my friend.

this board is just reddit 2.0

No, the reason for that is casuals

unironically enjoying Skyrim as an RPG is like an official declaration of plebism

Communism is the very definition of failure.

I'd rather put up with them and still have mods than give all mods up entirely. I just won't install them

McCarthyism is the very definition of failure.

Nobody does.
Skyrim is a modding platform.

>Nobody does.

Make an account on facebook

Top 3 games of normies are Skyrim, The Witcher 3 and Bioshock Infinite.

Skyrim isn't even an RPG, it's a barebones simplified dungeon crawler with an overworld.

>Top plays on a 80$ console.
>Bottom plays on a 800(+)$ PC.

what would you prefer to call it?

>classcuck

leftypol cuck spotted

How about "Parody"?

Alright, I guess I can understand the OP's point now.

>DLC and yearly releases become more prominent
>Modding support and dedicated communities for games dwindle

Makes one ponder.

Can't wait for Butterlord.

You don't fucking say?

>implying Joseph McCarthy wasn't right.

parody?

at least you acknowledge you're a cuck, that's a good little commie.

No, I acknowledge that literally anyone with half a brain would recognize I'm a communist in a second, judging from the fact I literally attached communist propaganda to that fucking post. Of course, you are a libertarian, so I wouldn't expect you to have half a brain.

I'm not a libertarian, dumb cuck.

I remember the thread this was made in

My computer cost me 1400€ not counting peripherals when I bought it in 2013.

Source of the image: Boy Meets Girl
vndb.org/v1489

>le free market will solve everything
>le free stuff is bad
Try again, classcuck. We all know you're a libertarian.

>Boy Meets Girl
Here we go...

well it's difficult to tell because of Poe's law either way.

>citing Poe's Law
It only applies to fundamentalism, libertarian.

>w-well my baseless assumption went wrong, so here's a crude meme and I'll just go all in on it!

Keep it up, cuck. The only subservient one here is you.

Is a Communist's only argument to just say "nu uh" to whatever their opponent as to say? It seems like this is the case.

>tell that to Cuba
You're telling this to the son of a Cuban who escaped that shithole because he knew it was shit, where if you wanna study architecture you're forced to join the military, where the government controls literally all forms of information and media, where he got a complex about people not finishing their food because he knew what it was like to go hungry every day, and who cried when he arrived in the US because he was seeing things like microwaves and electric garage doors everywhere when back in Cuba they were just a fantastical things to him that only appeared in movies. I don't care if this comment is bait, it's absolute shit. Fuck you.

Indeed, it is difficult to investigate ones own beliefs and put them under careful scrutiny.

Mods destroy the realistism factor for me. Everytime I install a mod I have to deinstall it again. It just takes the magic away, the vanilla taste.

Communists don't know how to put their ideas under scrutiny, it's why they're Communists.

Hmm weird that they increased life quality wherever free market strategies were applied...

What.
That's not what he said at all. Good mods would get more visibility. This isn't some half-baked theory, people have been charging money for their work for millenia and it's been going great.
>but people steal!
You can't steal a mod.

IM JUST FALSEFLAGGING
Falseflagging is the new trolling user. All those pro denuvo threads? all me

>calls a claim baseless when there is a lot of base to it
I do apologize for calling you a libertarian, though, nobody deserves that.
>implying Cuba wasn't already poor due to colonialist exploitation
How is that relevant to what I said?
Pure ideology there.

Thanks m8

I was exposing the hypocrisy of poe's law which is why I was mentioning it in the first place.

Visual mods are all 100% shit

No exceptions.

Gameplay mods are 99% shit.

here's your (You), i know you were craving it

I really have a nagging feeling that all these 'mods are bad' is a campaign from developers specially bethesda to push that mods needs supervision and needs to be monetized.

>You can't steal a mod.
no but you can pirate them pretty easily

>screenshots are of different places
why

>Sony dissaproves of mods on console
>slew of anti-mod posting in the following weeks

rangeban ps4 posters when?

Need that mod list user.

>video games
>art

It wont be a free market with someone like Valve or Bethesda overlooking and taking a cut of the profit just for hosting, and unless you can get everyone under one site you wont there will be a massive problem of repackaging

>no english tl
being eop is suffering

Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing that up famerino.

Not the same guy but for one, I recognized that the guy is using Skyrim town expanded, which add walls, additional structures, people and merchants through the so called 'villages' of skyrim.
2k(or is that 4k) texture pack
Armor, I dont know.
Also perhaps he is also using clear weather based on the clarity of the skies.
I hope he has Beeingfemale since it is mandatory to have the risk of getting pregnant in skyrim after all.

Yes

Did Mario really murder those cops?

oh god, Arx Fatalis. I loved this game

what armour mod is that?

Go replay it, get Arx Libertatis patch though.

No you idiot its a mod. The real Mario is still in jail after the raping spree in Brooklyn during the 90s.

They certainly make Fallout 4 not an unbearable piece of shit to play

Don't push the Mario man!

Marxism is an ideology so evil it beggars the mind. A vile authoritarian state that wants to usurp god, it hides its evil behind pie in the sky egalitarianism and false equality

Which mod is this?

>The gun isn't a penis gun
0/10

Mods are great. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a butthurt consolefag. Mods can do wonders for games by improving its mechanics or fixing its bugs, especially Bethesda games.

No one would still play Skyrim if not for mods.

There are some stupid mods out there on Fallout, but who cares? No one forces you to install them.

And one of the biggest reasons I got Unreal Tournament 3 on ps3 was due to the game allowing for mods on console. I made a couple maps myself to play with friends.

more like sonygagger, no mods on ps4 lel