youtube.com/watch?v=ZiDbv7nftM8
youtube.com/watch?v=6cBhE2JxPrM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Never started to begin with, so yeah.

>mechanically wonderful
>gorgeous visuals
>addictive loot system
>content by the boatloads

Nearing a thousands hours in this, and no, I'm not quitting soon. Lots of blind haters for this game, that's obvious. Point is, Rise of Iron is brilliant so far, and it's gonna add so many more hours to my playtime.

Destiny's greatest success is tricking console gamers who don't know better into playing a Korean grinding MMO.

Yes.
I quit in april when it was clear bungie had given and were just putting most of their effort into the next game. Might pick that up but I'm not picking up any DLC until then.

I didn't quit Cred Forums, I'm still here.

user you sound like a giant faggot. Even as someone who loved the game the hate it gets was well deserved.

>paying $30 for a 2 hour story with strikes from the exact same story mode as "extra content"

Fanboys never fail to amaze.

>gamespot clickbaiting again

I don't even like Destiny but the grind is nothing compared to something like Warframe which is basically just TPS Destiny.

im glad i never started

Nah m8, I love Rise of Iron but it's fairly bare-bones as far as actual new content goes especially compared to TTK.

New raid is pretty good though last boss feels a bit of a clusterfuck.

never started

sounds like they gayest thing you possibly could have said
great job

I never played

Well, I didn't, so no.

I am constantly disappointed by this game but there's so much potential I can't help but come back to it.

I'm actually going to be running a Destiny tabletop game to try and capitalize on all the cool lore shit, and minimize the dogshit in-game story stuff. That's how deep in this shitty Destiny hole I am.

depends, is getting geared for raids still less fun than pulling my teeth out with pliers?

if it is then yes

If you never started going on Cred Forums then how did you type that?

I never started. I only play the PS3 demo two times.
But for people who do play Destiny continuously, what is the appeal? Is it just a FPS Diablo lootfest?

I started today, it's amazing.

>addictive loot system
Thats the only reason why you and the others are playing.

Your ADDICTS.

I'm still annoyed about the total revamp that happened a year before launch.

It's beyond autism. I have friends who play it almost daily and it is fucking astounding.

Pretty much.

Also, MP/co-op.

No because the loot drops like shit. You rarely get anything actually exciting. It's mostly very minor one number improvements on shot you already have.

I stick around because the shooting is phenomenal, the art direction is fantastic, and despite Bungie's constant attempts to ruin it, the lore Joseph Staten wrote is still really good.

I saw how much shit Rise of Iron was adding and I just felt like it was barebones, and it seems like I was right.

Is it worth getting?

Imagine Diablo with even less content to re-grind, far less variation in gear types and power, but with better gameplay and provided to a horde of people who are almost entirely unexposed to the exploitative nature of grinding.

Its very satisfying to play and the gunplay is top notch. I never really played for loot and just played for the sake of playing. Also there is the playing with friends and strangers aspect and the raids to keep things somewhat diverse.

Do you love playing PvP and have a group of friends to play it with?
Absolutely.
Are you anyone else?
No.

RICH
MANS
WARFRAME

Did they add matchmaking to raids? I quit because I was locked out of so much content because I didn't have 6 friends that played. Kind of fucking retarded to lock me out of endgame content because I don't know 6 other people willing to shell out for the game

Just use DestinyLFG idiot

>wanting random 10 year old retards from the game to do a raid with you
Enjoy your 12 hour raid dumbass.

People pay $15/month to follow an arrow around in MMOs.

People buy COD every year.

Steam's top selling games are anime pictures that have text bubbles for $60

People have bought enough Dark Souls that there are 5 games built on the same broken engine at 30fps.

Gaming as a hobby is stupid waste of money, but we still do it.

>my friends are trying to get me to buy destiny but i dont want to because its shit

what can we all play instead

Yep, Taken King fucked it all up when I can't just play pvp as much as I want for welfare items and instead turned it into a daily.

Shadow Warrior 2 is coming up if you want a shoot'n'loot kind of game. And as bad as that game might potentially become, it will still be leagues better than Evolve.

My friends are doing the same thing, but I said I only will once it's playable offline and I can get a "complete" edition for like 20 bucks.

jesus christ why dont u hang yourself

The new raid is pretty cool
That's it I guess

its not money its time. i dont have hours to spend aimlessly shooting generic enemies in a retarded space magic universe

Never started

So i'm ok because i'm not a fucktard and i can read redflags

>Blind haters.
>Forgetting what made people hate it in the first place.
You just sucked dick long enough for the game to actually release it's content into you.

I'm still mad I spent $60 on just the base game

Easily doable in 40 minutes. KYS.

>tfw you didn't heed the Activision logo
I had just enough faith in Bungie. I wish I hadn't.

I love Bungie. Halo 1-reach were wonderful. But I hate how they have influenced the industry.

I don't buy Activision AAA shit.

why does that girl have a fucking buldge

why do i want to fuck her?

wew

Honestly, yeah. I mean I do kinda miss the pvp and the monotony of running strikes to fuck around with friends but there are much better channels for both of those needs in other games.

I'll check back in when Destiny 2 is coming.

Bungie isn't Bungie anymore, friend. There's several hundred people there now as opposed to the small core team that made the Halo series. Even at its apex with 3 and Reach, it was still a small studio. Now it's got a fully-fledged case of Activision bloat and bureaucracy.

Bungie is gone.

How is the Warframe grind? Is it comparable to Destiny's "rolls within rolls within rolls" weapon garbage?

>"Oh the Legendary item you wanted finally dropped after 8 monotonus Strikes. What's that? Shit rolls? Better do those Strikes again : ]"

Literally all you do in WF is grind, there is no endgame and pvp is trash. There are raids, but they're not very good and also not worth doing at all. Nice core gameplay mechanics tho

>defending no OPTION for Raid matchmaking, like it somehow takes away your ability to form a Fireteam
>locking all the best cobtent in the game behind a barrier that forces a lot of people to use some retarded 3rd party site instead of Bungie facilitating it

Nope. I'm glad I got sick of this game along time ago with it's tiresome Strikes and dogshit PvP.

>Hey let's make our own Borderlands but with even stupider AI

>Strike mission bosses are fuck huge HP

>Walk here, defend call of duty ghost

>Walk here, defend evil zerk

>Too much down time between matches despite the fact that Bungie themselves were masters at this before

>The entire game was built around traveling and seeing unknown people through Multiplayer

>No, Raid missions HAVE to be your friends

I bought the Collection edition. Hope it's not as bad as you make it out to be

>only $89.99/3months

I quit destiny once the second dlc came out. I immediately noticed that shit was becoming "DLC OWNERZ ONLY XDDD" and dropped it ASAP

>youtube.com/watch?v=ZiDbv7nftM8
youtube.com/watch?v=6cBhE2JxPrM

That score is about spot on if you are a solo player.
8 if you have friends.
All the decent people that was working on taken king have been taken to destiny 2.
Rise of iron is a half assed dlc.

Every bit of DLC exclusive content has been cosmetic, or absolute trash.

To me, the game is a PvP experience where your PvP gear is decided by your time spent in PvE. People who say "Oh, I'm only a PvE player" will probably quit after a short while. The TRUE replay-ability comes from raids and PvP. The gunplay in Destiny is amazing, and uses the downsides of playing on a game console to its advantage. I love it, and its a great social game. Basically if you don't have friends who play the game, go to the100.io and find some, otherwise you will have a pretty mediocre time.