Elon Musk is announcing SpaceX's plans for the Interplanetary Transport System in less than two hours

Elon Musk is announcing SpaceX's plans for the Interplanetary Transport System in less than two hours.
What games have optimistic views of a spacefaring future?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0qo78R_yYFA
spacex.com/mars
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

thanks doc

Trials in Tainted Space, future must be pretty good everyone is fucking instead of fighting.

No Man's Sky is pretty good

>can't put satellite into orbit
>wants to build interplanetary transport

System Shock 2

they've got rockets blowing up on the launch pad and they're thinking about mars? heh. i miss the old days when we still had nazis working for us.

>implying they aren't putting satellites into orbit regularly
The Amos-6 explosion was a fuck-up, don't get me wrong, but the number of successful launches vastly outnumbers the amount of failed launches.

No Man's Sky.

SpaceX is based
Take on Mars is pretty relevant

>His rockets and cars blow up every other month
>Hey guise trust me to get you interplanet travelling

No thanks my mane

Has that improved at all in the last year? I tried it out a few months into early access and it was kind of terrible.

at least he is trying. Nasa on the other hand needs to rideshare to get to space.

What do you mean
If you're referring to the manned stuff that was all in heavy development, not the original scope of the game
The unmanned stuff was great

Just fumbling around with the terrible "these doors are exactly the size of you and they're all at bad angles" systems on EVA. Also, they had a weird focus on the ISS and other things that distinctly weren't on Mars.

because NASA doesn't have that air force money anymore. they made their scramjet bombers and they bounced.

Yeah, like I said, that was all stuff added after the original scope, which was just the unmanned drone stuff
I hope the rest of it will come together though

None tbqh

No one has made a decent space travel game. Just play Kerbal or Space Engine

can't make progress without a few failures to learn from. no reason to stop aiming high

youtube.com/watch?v=0qo78R_yYFA
SO SPACEX JUST RELEASED THE CONCEPT VIDEO
HOLY LIVING FUCK

Is there a stream or something? Link?

the reason is that the astronauts will almost certainly die a slow and agonizing death because we have literally no experience traveling to other planets.

if only

I want to go live on Mars, being a frontiersman would be great

Wait a minute, that cliffside...

> the company doesn't have a 100% success track record, therefore I'll stay here on a dying planet

feel free to stay here with the googles in africa "my man". I'll take my chances out in the stars

Go back to Cred Forums with your shitty forced meme

Fucking based

>that ridiculous number of engines on the booster
Asking for trouble with that.

spacex.com/mars

gonna need more than that doc.

Actually it reduces the chances of accidents
It's designed so that if a handful of nozzles fail, it doesn't wreck the vehicle's thrust and can still perform adequately

What the fuck happened with the light years and aging while you travel in space?

And assuming this somehow works what in the fuck are they gonna do on another planets, how are they going to build shit there and keep it working in the extreme environments?

Seems like dogshit to me.

>mars is light years away
Fucking retard
And you send equipment ahead of time so it's already there and ready to operate when humans arrive

I know why they have all those engines, but it is increasing the chances of a failure just by virtue of having a shitload of them. Not to mention the plumbing must be a nightmare.

>We will once again teach for the stars
I want those feelings back. We need to dream high again.

Because NASA and other space agencies have never had any fuckups when dealing with rockets. You're just jealous you don't have a real life Tony Stark doing all kinds of awesome SCIENCE! stuff for your second-rate country.

This
Space race 2 fucking when, that was the one good thing to come out of the Cold War

honestly he's probably just a huge fraud trying to rack up investors so he can eventually build a space hotel and make truckloads of cash. we're not going to mars in the next 100 years. probably not 300.

Duskers.

>NASA vs. CNSA
>SpaceX vs. Blue Origin
>ESA vs. Roscosmos
>all of them are also kind of sharing tech in addition to competing
We're already experiencing the beginnings of Space Race II. Get excited.

When the Chinese become competent.
The Ruskies are out of the game for the moment.
Sure, the Soyuz is based, but Roscosmos just does not have the budget to do anything else but launch sattelites and ressuply the ISS. It's a shame really.

Never, we'd rather race for the largest military budget dicks.

They're working on a new generation of launch vehicle though, one version of it has even been launched once.

>literally the most bleak future
Good joke though

The Angara?

Elon Musk is psychotic hack.

>GUYS WE'RE ALL IN A COMPUTER SIMULATION

Yes. It may not be moving along quickly but it is moving along. They're even making a new cosmodrome to launch them from (which has it's own issues since well, it's a Russian project in Russia).

>not understanding the fact that, if it's possible to simulate a universe, we're almost certainly in a simulation
It's not like it changes anything, so it's not really something to dwell on, but it's almost certainly the case. Reality would be just as real as before, just this time religious people would have a basis for their beliefs.

It's actually much more likely that we are than not

so they're gonna land on Mars and do what?
look at rocks? collect sand?

space is lame. call me when hyperloop is finished