Mass Effect 1 and 2 were both very good games. Can this series get back on track with Andromeda?

Mass Effect 1 and 2 were both very good games. Can this series get back on track with Andromeda?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BD9Cv5xsdHo
youtube.com/watch?v=uG8V9dRqSsw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, BioWare is dead

3 is a better game than 2 in terms of gameplay

And yes, andromeda will be good

hi bioware shill!

>Mass Effect 1 and 2 were both very good games

Someone actually believes this.

This they are now sjw faggot cuck shillary antiracist tumblr liberals

>Bioware is dead

Inquisition won game of the year, was a huge financial success, and Bioware still has legions of fanboys. Not even close to being dead.

It's going to be some single player MMO fetch quest shit like Inquisition which is a shame because I liked all 3 Mass Effect games equally and actually enjoy the setting, lore and characters.

They gonna put this shit on pc right? I'll buy it at 50% off after the first price drop.

Was this a serious question?

use more buzzwords next time, i recommend adding numale

>Goty

he's right, i don't know what they were thinking dumbing down the skill trees to such an extreme in ME2.

This. I have my doubts. I love ME, but this game is being written by a pro sjw, anti-white racist. Possible trainwreck coming.

>Can this series get back on track with Andromeda?

Of course! With people like pic related on their development team, there's zero chance this game won't be a smash hit!

>Inquisition won game of the year
Your tears are still delicious you fucking numale biocuck

I agree that 1 was pretty good. It was also the only game that wrote the reapers well, something I'm sad they fucked up so royally in the sequels.

I'll die happily if I never have to play 2 again

Hey how's it going

wat game

>Hey, remember this game was a sleek futuristic space opera in line with Buck Rogers or Star Trek?
>Haha fuck that, we're gonna throw mechs, plot holes and ugly people from the Race of Beautiful Girls at you wearing casual clothes!

>everyone asks for exploration back
>they put it back in

>ITS JUST GONNA BE A SHITTY AIMLESS MMO BIOWARE ARE FAGGOTS

kys

>I agree that 1 was pretty good. It was also the only game that wrote the reapers well, something I'm sad they fucked up so royally in the sequels.

I don't understand why people try to insist Mass Effect is good when most of the games were trash and the only playable game had awful gameplay and "goodish" lore/story.

Two misses and a hit is still a failing grade, I don't understand why everyone wants to make this game work *so bad* when the series and their creator have long-since lost their luster.

Will they wear skintight spandex vacuumsuits in the next mass effect?

No it's not

>remembering it actually did win GOTY
youtube.com/watch?v=BD9Cv5xsdHo

Geoff's face after the award is golden.

Yes it is.

Just give me the multiplayer from 3 but with improvements and I'll be fine. Less of those stock abilities and more fun, interesting skills that push the limits of Biotics/Engineering/Tech/Combat augmentation. There's no reason why we shouldn't be wall running ala Titanfall or stealing Atlas Mechs or building mega turrets and shit of that nature.

See The setting has gone from "sleek vacuum-suits" to "gritty, dark and liberal-friendly."

ME1 is one of the greatest games of all time

No it's not

See

Well, hello there Manveer, then. How is it going?

He's only the lead gameplay designer, he has no say in the quests or characters that are created.

>Mass Effect Andromeda GAMEPLAY designer

Does anyone else feel that they never got the running animation right in any of the Mass Effect games? In the first, you ran like a sissy, the second had you running like a constipated fuck and I don't even know what the fuck is going on with the third game's running animation. This is in addition to all the other problems the whole series had and more so the problems 2 and 3 had.

I really hope Andromeda is well-made since we don't have a large selection of sci-fi RPGs (pseudo RPGs, action RPGs, whatever) to choose from. But knowing Bioware and EA, I won't be holding my breath at all.

Seems fishy he gets no input over the characters or quests since he is the LEAD GAMEPLAY DESIGNER. But oh well. What do I know, I've never worked on a gaming company, desu.

youtube.com/watch?v=uG8V9dRqSsw

>first trailer gives the vibe of a Space Cowboy game
>other trailer and gameplay video don't even mention it

Fucking why, Bioware.

>tfw there are no good sci fi universes in vidya anymore

how did this happen

He's a clear example of the kind of people working at Bioware and a sign of where the game is going, you don't get someone this outspoken and controversial without agreeing with what they're saying to some degree.

You are also ignoring, of course, him being the lead gameplay designer means he has a voice in whatever decisions they make elsewhere in the game. Remember, he's a passionate fighter for intersectional diversity in games, this means if he sees an opportunity to suggest some bullshit into the game, he will.

And, since Bioware is a company that supports this kind of stuff, they will probably listen to him.

>was a huge financial success
I thought it only sold like half a million copies?

Witcher 3 is, ME is a bargain bin game

Are you me?

>Fucking why, Bioware.

They rope skeptics into wanting the game to be good by emphasizing how "frontier" and "cowboy" the game will be, and then quiety scoot along without mentioning it again.

Science fantasy =/= scifi
Aliens that look maked up humans and skintight vacuum suits are fantasy, not science fiction.

Why does everyone hate on 3 so bad

The ending sucked, but it was literally an improvement in every way over 2

Ie the combat in 2 and 1 are shoot it till it dies/take cover and regen health

ME1 is probably one of the most overrated games on Cred Forums

The inventory system is aids
The combat is aids
Everything minus the plot/universe is aids

ME2 improved everything

>Advent Rising died
>most platformers like Metal Arms, Oddworld, and everything besides Ratchet and Clank died
>Freelancer's dead
>Beyond Good and Evil is stuck in development hell
>Oni never took off for some reason or other

Damned shame.

>I thought it only sold like half a million copies?

It sold 4.8 million units.

In comparison, Skyrim sold 23.27 million units.

Damnit, I'm one of those 4.8 million suckers.

Where do you get data on origin games?

>The ending sucked, but it was literally an improvement in every way over 2

Are you forgetting the Citadel? The way they handled side-quests? Kai Leng? Cerberus? The Child?

God the running animations were bad. You didn't run like a trained soldier but like a 300 pound lardass that can't even keep his head upright as he jogs.

Google magic, which is saying Inquisition was the most successful release in Bioware history.

>Dragon Age 2 tanked
>Mass Effect 3 tanked
>Release videos for Inquisition make it look bad
>Opinion on Bioware is at an all-time low
>Inquisition releases
>THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING GAME EVER MADE BIOWARE IS SAVED 100/100 GOTY PRAISE BE TO BIOWARE

Notice anything?

No. You always got stuck everywhere because space did everything. ME3 sucked ass.

You didn't like those running around in dark wood with the child dream segment. That's was artsy as fuck. I bet your an entitled homophobic shitlord for not liking it

>Why does everyone hate on 3 so bad

It was a legitimately shitty game.

Video games conspiracy?

Not even Thomas Pynchon, man.

I believe it

>PRAISE BE TO BIOWARE
I do not remember praise for DAI, just totalbiscuit saying its goddamn boring and filled with fetch quests, and it has 6/10 usescore on metacritic.
I find nearly 5 mil copies sold retardedly high number.

Oh god. Was that what it was? Can that be why the animations are so bad despite being motion captured? Because they were done by the whales and sticks in the dev team instead of professional actors? It never struck me before but I can definitely see them doing such a thing.

No, it's further now than ever before

>I do not remember praise for DAI

Video-game journalism was on full-shill mode with DAI, even the worst of the reviews said the game was "not good" but it was "good enough" to "redeem" Bioware.

There was a very clear and obvious effort to use Inquisition as the "redeemer" of a company that was considered a laughing-stock in the industry. How else did the game get Game of the Year a week after it was released?

I googled it up and it isn't an accurate number or anything, just vgchartz's assumption. EA never released the real numbers for DAI and we only have their claims that it's their most successful release and all that.

only one looks like made up humans. the rest are just bipedal because guess what, all of the most developed species are always bipedal

>game of the year
>implying that matters

To be honest the entire reason that DA:I was even considered good enough was because of Liliana and Morrigan.
These two characters alone made the game playable to the vast majority of people.

Have you played Inqusuition?

The exploration fucking sucks, the "quests" fucking suck. I would rather have focused sidequests rather than "collect 25 weeds." The only actual sidequests in Inquisition were like 8 party member quests.

Game of the Year does not matter, but the fact the game was *given* Game of the Year says volumes about the state of the industry.

It's like if Timmy won "Best Player" at Junior Soccer even though he sucked, and everyone knew Timmy's dad seemed to be awfully friendly with the coach.

Bipedal fucking rules. We should have been bipedal. Imagine our basketball or track and field sports then.

Hexer.

to be fair it was a terrible year for vidya

>modern bioware
>doing anything right

Enjoy your trannies, white guilt, shitty multiplayer, and microtransactions

we are bipedal

But user, the banter was so great! These games were always about the characters, their quips and their identifiable struggles make them feel so... So human!

2011 was great year after than the next good game was witcher 3.
2012-2014 was like a mini-ice age of gaming.

Geezus doesn't this guy have white co-workers and execs? How the fuck can someone be this openly racist and not get in trouble for it?

Yeah, I was thinking of hind legs.

>How the fuck can someone be this openly racist and not get in trouble for it?

He isn't overtly aggressive and his white co-workers are sipping the kool-aid.

>white people butthurt that they're finally being put into their place.

lol

Just give me a turian gf and I'll say it's 10/10

>Dragon Age 2 was bad
>Mass Effect 3 was bad
>Dragon Age: Inquisition was bad
>DLC for all those games were bad
>Will their new game be bad?
I don't know, what does your heart tell you?

We got a Turian girl in ME3 DLC.

She was a lesbian.

Does fucking an Asari really count as being a lesbian?

We are bipedal and on our hind legs. Our arms evolved from the front legs.

They're designed like women and Turians come from a very traditional society, so she's either a lesbian or at least bisexual.

It's like dating a lady-boy as a dude; sure the twink is hot, but it's still attraction to a man and you should realize that after a couple weeks of being together.

If you're a human female and you fuck another human female whos painted blue, does that make you a lesbian?

Asari are just human females that have been painted blue?

>Heck yeah, we're frickin' showing those white butt-heads who's boss
>...
>Where's our money?

t. beta white male

I hope she gets shot right in her bellybutton. That'll teach her.

>Human female painted blue with a mop on her head
Sorry, corrected it.

The point he's making is they're clearly feminine in body structure and vaguely feminine in personality, so while the Asari might be fine with fucking a girl from another species, the girl is still limited to her tastes and orientation.

Yeah, thats why they look like humans fucktard.

I thought they have vaginas at the back of their heads or something.

>implying i give a shit about these faggot simulators by sjws for sjws

Jack and Miranda went into battle wearing hardly anything at all in Mass Effect 2.

Seriously speaking about the actual game though, will we just get not!Reapers as our enemies?

With competition like that, it's no wonder it won GOTY.

>will we just get not!Reapers as our enemies?

Even better, we're getting the Not!Protheans as our enemies.

Jack had tattoos. Tattoos are forever.
Well that is actually better.

>Mass Effect 1 and 2 were both very good games.
>Mass Effect 2

No user. No, it was not.

You know, I thought the ME3 hate was just a meme, but now that I've tried playing it, I was convinced that this is quite true.
I liked the first two parts, but wow I've never not given a fuck about the game so much like I did while playing ME3.
To answer OP's question, no it can't. Bioware is drowning in shit and soon will die, so everyone should just stop caring about anything they do and let them please the tumblr crowd.

ME:A will be like the gasps of air from a drowing man before he just sinks to the bottom.
Not gonna lie Bioware have shit the bed hard.

Sup

I dont get the hate, i really liked this game. Better than fallout 4 imo. I know they arent really that relatable but i was very excited for them both.

>but now that I've tried playing it, I was convinced that this is quite true.

Did you get to Kai Leng on Thessia?

ME3 is good until the last two missions

3 was best gameplay wise. Combat was at it's best and level progression was satisfying, offering gameplay refining choices earlier in the skill trees. Multiplayer was a blast too.

Everything else felt like a step backwards, most noticeably in conversation/ Role playing.

Bullshit, 3 shits the bed as soon as the first PTSD dream sequence, and there's even some garbage before that like the interactions with the Vermire survivor on Mars.

ME3 legitimately had the best gameplay by far, though. I remember having a blast with the multiplayer for months.

Why is this a daily thread now?

I remember watching that with Cred Forums

>Bioware can't rig animations but they can rig an awards show

It's not even ME3, it's not TOR, it's not DA2 that made me lose all of my faith in Bioware.

It was Dragon age Inquisition. It was the most blandest excuse for a game I've EVER had to set my eyes on, literally like playing an mmo from 2010 offline.

FUck I'm still mad.

ME3 multiplayer was the best part of the game though. Which would be okay if it wasn't a FUCKING SINGLE PLAYER RPG

No. Pretty much every side mission was "Go scan this planet, k thx." or "Survive 2-3 waves on this multiplayer map, k thx." Not too mention the kai leng bullshit. The game had some pretty cool moments, but it was definitely littered with shit throughout the entire campaign.

Has anyone emailed ea about this?

They're aware, he's been that way for a long time, before he was even hired there. Hating white people isn't controversial enough to fire somebody over.

They don't give a shit.

EA buy developers just to milk them until they finally stop being profitable.

The only way to influence EA to do anything to bioware is to stop buying their shitty games so EA will finally shut them down having realized they've gotten all the money out of blind fanbois who refused to acknowledge their developer was dead that they're gonna get.

Good god, that face.

yessir

No, I uninstalled the game after I met Garrus and ran around with him for a bit.
It's really funny, since he's my favourite character, but not even that made me want to keep playing.

No.
ME1 was published by Microsoft Studios and 2 was only somewhat passable because it still had a lot of the talented Bioware holdouts working on it.

Andromeda is going be the gayest unplayable fucking bullshit because just image what Mass Effect 3 would be like if you were never even invested in any of the characters.
That is underlines just how dumb this game will be.

>lives in Montreal

I bet he behaves himself when not being a bitch on Twitter, those frenchies don't like brown people.

>GOTY
KEK
>huge financial success
Which is why they never released the sales numbers and an EA exec talked about fucking HOURS PLAYED at a SHAREHOLDER MEETING instead of copies sold, mirite?

What the fuck happened. Bioware used to be capable of making attractive female faces.

>people actually think Mass Effect 2 isn't a great game

That game was packed full of awesome character moments and had more content and better aesthetics than both 1 and 3
>b-but muh stats
Ya but ME2 has the most ROLEPLAYING nigga. There were dialogue choices and interrupts up the ass

If I was working for them I'd quite and sue for a racist work environment and harassment and use his tweets as evidence to make mega bucks in my racial law suit.

I should get a job with Bioware just to do that. I can 3d model better than the faggots they have working for them.

Old Bioware, the one that was responsible for the original Mass Effect is dead and replaced with nu-male cucks. The probability that Andromeda will be decent is incredibly small.

>Shepard kills thousands of people during the course of ME1 and ME2
>Hell, 300,000 BT? BT? HUEHUEHUEHUEs die at Shepard's hands
>But seeing a single kid get Reaper'd turn Shepard into a little crying bitch who needs mommy to make the bad dreams go away

Nah, fuck off.

That was obvious pasta

primal sex get

rolling boys

>all those comments
>"this game is pure perfection!"

Fuck this gay earth

>being this retarded