>instantly recognizable
>is there enough if you enjoy it, small enough if you don't

>I hate when good games get popular!

Who are you quoting?

>indie games resorting to AAA tactics

Shovel Knight
more like
Shoved Knight

M-more like ShovelWARE Knight, amirite guise???!

what is that even supposed to mean?

Good for Shovel Knight devs because they're probably getting some minuscule royalties at least.

Shame on all the other indie hacks who piggyback on the more successful game.

I think it's nice how Yacht Club gives back to the indie scene by letting people put Shovel Knight in their game for publicity.
I just think it's a bummer how it makes those games feel less self-contained. That was one of my favorite parts about Shovel Knight, how it wasn't bursting at the seams with references to stuff, it had the guts to be it's own thing. With the exception of the Kratos and Battletoads thing of course, but those happened later.

>With the exception of the Kratos and Battletoads thing of course
Don't forget that Deaviantart autist's boomerang kid OC.

>Don't forget that Deaviantart autist's boomerang kid OC.
That's on Kickstarter.

HOHOHO YOHOHO YOHO HOYOHOHO

Subtext-kun, of course.

Which knight was best?

>featuring Shovel Knight form the Shovel Knight™ series

youtube.com/watch?v=jOvEhM_CzXk
Have a collection of them.

I liked Mole Knight a lot, even if his fight was easy

[doubt]

Probably like, some free keys. No way anyone would pay royalties for such a bland character to show up and go, "Hey, remember that game you breezed through, once, two years ago?" The player sighs, then the cameo flocks off. Good riddance. Why is he here?

>I think it's nice how Yacht Club gives back to the indie scene by letting people put Shovel Knight in their game for publicity.

I like how you make it seem like it isn't a gigantic ad for them as well.

So. When is Shovel Knight getting a sequel?
They aren't going to circlejerk around just one game, right?

I just feel like most people who are into the games he's in probably already know about Shovel Knight. It's not that big a get for them.

is that even a question?

Still two campaigns left to go.

How does this shit work exactly?

Feature popular character from popular indie game in another less popular game, barely doing anything or nothing at all, to sell more?

yes

Yup.
Unless you're a dumbass like the Indivisible guys, who added Shovel Knight, Hyper Light Drifter man, and Skateboarding Dinosaur to their fucking xenogears game as party members aka lots of animations and shit. The fools.

yes thats why there is question mark at the end of sentence you stupid fuck

Is the indie scene really such a massive circlejerk?

yes

More like BUTTBUTT
HOHOOHOHOHO

I should really play Hyper Light Drifter

I'm gonna be honest, seeing the character paraded around like some indie darling is putting me off to getting around to trying his actual game.

It's alright.

>Based Shants

I am checking this out solely for my half-genie honeybun. Her presence alone improves games by 200%

You had over two years to try out Shovel Knight, what the fuck is your excuse?

AH YES, THE MIGHTY BUTTBUTT

still didn't get in smash though

Has it really been that long? Time sure flies.

It's worse than Alundra 2, take that as you will.

Dumbass.

He probably heard how mind-numbingly easy it was.

You are a really bitter person

Same. Shantae cameo has guaranteed at least a pirate from me.

Why are Shantaefags always these overly obsessive, creepy (not the tumblr kind) weirdos?

They should have done re-envisionments of all the characters. I know they're all optional, but it would have gone a long way towards making characters like Guacamelee not stand out as much while also showing a little originality in the process.

On a semi-related note, Battle Chasers actually looks pretty cool, so I guess their presence is working as intended.

I need pictures of shiny Shield Butt.

> playing a game literally aimed at pedophiles

why

"based shants" is just one guy.

Give it time, Japan will love Shovel Knight vy the time for the next smash

>love his battle theme
>easier than king knight
Guess propeller is a close second

Not true, I liked the Ducktales game.

No, all waifufags are.

They know they only have one (1) decent game out right now but love the design because, let's be frank, it's fappilicious.

By the way, what happened to Keppok?

AH YO AHO AYO AH AYO

Super Meat Boy does this thing where all the unlockable characters are from indie games and each of them have their own unique abilities, adds a fuck ton of replay value to the game while advertising said games

>Not true, I liked the Ducktales game.
Then it just means you have shit taste instead of being bitter.

>all waifufags are
Sure, but Shantaefags take it to the next level.

I like the voice, but he talks really slow and it makes him sound mentally challenged

not the same guy but explain please, what do Shantaefags do that makes them worse than your average waifufag?

Oh, gee, yeah, God bless them for "letting" people use God's gift to video games, Shovel Knight.

Fuck off. It's yacht club who approaches these devs and ASKS them to include their character

I personally imagined his voice as this dignified cartoon hero, like Captain America in that chibi marvel cartoon

youtube.com/watch?v=ADNjtMcP3Go

Is this game worth 15 dollareedoos?

The original one, haven't played the remake. The 3D backgrounds turn me off.

>Make one game
>shove it everywhere like it was a fucking big franchise
Why are Indies such attentionwhores?

Act like this:

Things like these really show what a massive circlejerk the indie scene is. The constant patting on each others' backs comes off as extremely ingenuine and forced and makes it kind of hard to take it all seriously.

Once before the game came out sometime asked what it was. I had never heard of it before either and sarcastically replied Shovel Knight because obviously it couldn't have such a dumb name. I was floored when I found out that's actually what it was called.

>chinese cartoon faggot doesn't know that the Wilhelm scream is

>It's yacht club who approaches these devs and ASKS them to include their character

They're playing against the big guys (4u), so of course they are going to help each other out.

I want Shovel Knight in my game too.

>tfw Shovel Knight sprite done by the guy who made X's sprite in Megaman X and yet the Gunvolt games are painfully mediocre
It hurts guys. I don't want to play Gunvolt at all, so that sprite is completely wasted

Why is it so horrible that people with similar interests that do similar things are working together

Cred Forums

You could rip it and make a sprite comic.

>being interested in a game because a character you like has a cameo in it
You mean like shovel knight?

>not "Yacht Club's Lightning"
git gud

You really should, senpai. It's fucking great.

I've barely played his game and I think I've only seen him in one other game

I don't play that many games now, but is it like the same that happned years ago with commander video, super meat boy and others?

Not that user but I have no clue what this "willhelm scream of indie games" is or sounds like

It was by the guy who did MMZs Zero sprite, you faggot.

I'm starting to think he should have been added to Smash bros. Would have been more fun than Bayo.

He can have a smash attack the buries his opponents half in the ground like Villager, or a special that digs a pothole that half buries people in the ground. maybe some super armor attacks since he wears a lot of armor.

Don't do it, Gunvolt isn't even that good. Just go back to play Megaman Zero.

Oh shit, wait, is Indivisible actually gonna have other indie game characters for no reason? Is there anything more immersion breaking than that? The game might as well just be screaming out "Hey, this is video game."

You could just google it.

I'm not, I played the first one, it was awful.
I'm going to make a shitty fangame in game maker with that sprite, though.
Every other asset is going to be drawn in mspaint

that's one sexy looking shovel man

Not that guy, but all I get is a link to this thread and a bunch of other unrelated garbage.

What are you on?

>this stale shitpost again
They're post game only.

Try just "The Wilhelm scream".

no idea I've always found shantae to be really ugly

The only crossover character they probably should have done was a Skullgirls one, and even then they have far more fitting ones to pick than the Green Magical Girl

I complain, but Shantae and Drifter probably aren't that unfitting really

>The game might as well just be screaming out "Hey, this is video game."

I understand your initial point regarding immersion as some of the designs clearly clash with the game's visual style, but you sound like a fucking mong.

And if memory serves correct, there's an option in game to toggle them completely or some shit like that.

>character built entirely over a gimmick ("he's a KNIGHT but he uses a SHOVEL! How quirky LOL!") in a game that's one giant nostalgiabait for retro platformers
>character design is extremely simplistic to further highlight how "oldschool" it is
>suddenly gets 3D models once he gets whored out in other games
>every one of them is completely disproportionate to his original scale and dimensions
>now looks like some Fisher Price toy that had sex with a generic mobile game character

So when is Clash-of-Clans-Guy-Making-Dreamworks-Face going to get a crossover? He's insanely more recognizable than Shilling Knight is.

Looks interesting but I'm not giving them one fucking cent for it.

k

It's a cartoon and always has been, you autistic teenager

Funny you posted Battle Network, since 3 of the 6 games had a crossover with Boktai, yet I see nobody ever complain about muh immersion. There's literally nothing wrong with cameos.

Children like crossovers. The game is for children. Video games are for children.

Atleast it ain't Reize

>post game
Oh, that's fine. Still probably wouldn't make sense in the game's world though.

youtube.com/watch?v=cdbYsoEasio

Not like it already got funded anyway or anything.

Because it didn't break the inmersion at all. You had part of the plot revolving around "darknessss" and shit so Boktai worked fine since part of the plot was fighting vampires. It didn't clash with the visual style at all.

What in thee fuck are you talking about

What the fuck does this have to do with indie games

man, how must it feel for that probably dead guy to know that his scream sound effect transcended time?

I know what the wilhelm scream is but I thought when OP said wilhelm scream of indie games he was referring to a sound effect that you hear in different indie games a lot

>wilhelm scream is used in a lot of movies
>shovel knight is used in a lot of indie games

I'm putting the spoon away now.

Yea because Sony and Nintendo never did anything like this before.

A water level?

BN6 wasn't about DARKNEEEES though. Explain THAT, pal.

It's only a circle jerk for really popular indies. Small timers need to just fend for themselves.

It could also just be that the people they asked if they could have their characters didn't give a shit and just said sure for publicity.

It's a prime example of not delivering on anything you said you would on your kickstarter, in addition to not being particularly well made.

I think every indie game would be improved by replacing the main character with shantae, but that's just me.

>mfw i don't understand why people like shovel knight so much
>mfw no face

Game was okay but what the fuck ?

Graveyard Area still exists and you fight Count Hackjack there.
That was excluded from the american version though

It's just nice to have a metroidvania indie game not suck.

Hmm....I think.
Hmmmm.............

>cute, memorable characters
>good story
>great gameplay that doesn't try to either reinvent the wheel or be a movie
>enough lore for making theories
>interesting world

Its basically FNAF minus the autism

>Shovel Knight
>Metroidvania

>shovel knight
>metroidvania

>shovelknight
>metroidvania

>Openworld Sandbox

That's not it, here, that guy provided yet another example:

>good story
>interesting world

>Its basically FNAF minus the autism
Not to mention it's an actual video game.

>he didn't play plague knight

>I would like to play more games with this character I like
I'm still not seeing your point?

>Lore
What? The game is a simple platformer with a simple story, unless they make another game to expand over the story there's no fucking lore to discuss.

read the shirt in the image dumbo

He's shoving his face everywhere

and i fucking love it

Imagine making a simple yet recognizable character who managed to be really popular within the indie population

I want that as a future game dev

He was watching Steven Universe.

This
>Mfw he called out specter knight on being an edgelord

>uh, he's a generic looking knight and he has a shovel instead of a shield
I'd feel bad for indie fags who actually put some effort into their characters.

>dude these characters interacted lmao
That's not lore or world building. That's a joke.

Definitely one of the things that made me consider not getting Gunvolt 2 and just sticking to the first game, but this Thursday I will get the game.

>Game made around Megaman nostalgiabait
>Instead of making different Themed Knights/Not-RobotMasters they rehash the same fucking characters for new gameplay.
This could've been interesting but just ended on fucking circlejerking

>Megaman nostalgiabait
Good thing the game played nothing like Mega Man then.

>Clash-of-Clans-Guy-Making-Dreamworks-Face
who the fuck is that

>Not that user
Of course, of course, desu desu ching chong nemisa inn kun faggot senpai desu mental dissorder chan! ^_^

kek'd

I love how full of snobs this place is

Yeah, it's a metroidvania, right?

They are called animefags, user.

Why is Quote never a guest character? What happened to him man?

Trying to hard to be contrarian. Take it down a notch.

Pixel has dignity.

Not really, it requires minimal backtracking.

he's not from a western indie game

Ah yes, the twitter fueled indiegame scene.

FINANCIALLY FRISKY, AND DOWN TO FUCK,

YET SADLY I'M CREATIVELY BANKRUPT

THEY PAY YOU IN LIKES IF YOUR CHARACTER, YOU'LL LEND HER.

BUT FUCK CIS SCUM IF SHE'S NOT TRANSGENDER

Nicalis.

Also, he was in Runner 2 and 1001 Spikes IIRC.

>The next smash
There's enough shield grabbing and broken counters in tr4sh to convince me to stay away from any other future installment.

He was in Gang Garrison 2.

That was a thing on Cred Forums for like a month

He has the worse game.

Pixel doesn't allow it, was asked to be in Super Meat Boy and denied.

It's too bad because Pixel will never make a sequel to a game in Cave Story's scope again. Kerro Blaster isn't even comparable.

>Kerro Blaster isn't even comparable.
Yeah it was. It didn't have the structure, narrative, or art of Cave Story but as far as gameplay it is on par.

>Pixel won't allow it

???

Shitty publisher.

But at this point, I don't know if Cave Story's popularity is still that high. I guess people nowadays would prefer Shovel Knight or even Undertale as their favorite indie games.

La Mulana was better

It's missing all the stuff you mentioned and I didn't really believe it was on par. Very straightforward levels with few enemies, didn't really have the attack/evade feeling of Cave Story.

It was just alright.

Are we still pretending Indivisible is going to be a bad game?

This is Cred Forums, every game is a bad game

Did you play the steam version or the freeware?

Cave Story? Both with many playthroughs.

Kerro Blaster was never free, I played the version off Playsim and beat it and then tried the Steam version when they gave that code out years later and couldn't bring myself to finish it again.

I was hyped from day one, m8.

SHOVELBANA-SAN

WHY ARE YOU JUST STANDING THERE

ok but where the fuck are the shovel knight updates
goddammit

Spectre Knight's coming out in Spring, King Knight apparently not too long after.

>We want to retain a unique art style with our own designs and world!
>Fail to get funding so immediately sell out and destroy your own artistic integrity, while sucking everyones dick to get the money
This game went from credible to a joke overnight.

No need to pretend, I was bored with the demo within minutes.

See: