Remember when this little shit was all over the place and people fucking hated him and wanted him gone?

Remember when this little shit was all over the place and people fucking hated him and wanted him gone?

Now he skips a few titles this gen (nowhere to be found in 3D Land/3D World/NSMB2/MK7/MK8/Color Splash for example) and suddenly it's considered absolutely haram? What changed?

People that liked him didn't have a reason to complain. It's like how the Koopalings were sorely missed back in the day, but nowadays people are more vocal about disliking them.

The kids raised on Gamecube grew up.

I dislike him still, but at least he condensed the bowser left hand man into one character. I hate when unique bosses get passed over so we can fight lemmy or ludwig or whatever for the thousandth time

He's shit. The only difference is now the Koopalings are shit, too. What's wrong with creating new enemies for every game? What the fuck is Nintendos problem with creating new characters?

HE WAS ALL ABOUT PAINTING IN SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE

HE PAINTED THE TOWN

PAINTED IT

PAINT BRUSH

OF ALL THE THINGS TO FLIPPANTLY DISCLUDE IN THE ABORTION THAT WAS THE PAPER MARIO GAME THAT WAS ALL ABOUT PAINT

THIS LITTLE RETARD WASN'T IN IT

IT'S LIKE THEY CAN'T EVEN GET SHIT RIGHT WHEN IT'S HANDED TO THEM

HE WAS A SECRET BOSS IN DREAM TEAM

They still create new characters though. Nabbit was a new mainline character introduced this generation.

>Remember when this little shit was all over the place and people fucking hated him and wanted him gone?
They stopped putting him in so many games and people stopped bitching.

>Mentioning him being a secret boss in Dream Team but not him(and a paper version) being a main character in Paper Jam

It was probably a low-hanging fruit for them when you think about it.

One new character among 4 games in a big budgeted series with "New!" in the title. Oh I guess there's Dry Goomba and Dry Pirhanna Plant, too. Whereas a teeny tiny game like Super Mario Land introduced5 new locations, 28 new characters, 5 of those characters being bosses and 1 being a good guy.

The koopalings are fine but they need to do something else besides "boss at the end of the world, jump on them 3 times," it was novel in NSMBW but was disappointing in NSMB2 and NSMBU (although the fights in NSMBU were pretty good).
Doing that for them every time would be like needing to simply jump behind Bowser and pull the axe or switch or whatever for every one of his boss fights, even if they changed up his patterns to the point where it's fresh and fun, it would still be disappointing to go back to that same concept for him. SMB3, SMW, SM64, and SMS all had you fighting regular enemies in new ways. SMB3, SMW, YS, SSS,MK8, PJ, and CS all use koopalings pretty well.

Come to think of it the NSMB series might just be poisoning the koopalings in people's heads.

He doesn't have that brush.

Color Splash and Paper Jam use the Koopalings well, NONE of them fight alike like they do in NSMB.

Hell Rio Olympics doesnt even HAVE all the Koopalings, it instead goes for a "Best Of.." and only includes two or three of them.

Yep.

AND?!

Junior could have used the Black Paint to make himself big and Bowser-like, but then you beat ""Bowser"" and find out it was really Junior. Then you could have Bowser get in on the fight at that moment or after Junior collapses or something!

Neither did Bowser for Color Splash!

Because everyone hated him in Sticker Star.

Or, he could've transformed into a corrupted version of Shadow Mario, continuing the pattern of one of the four mains being connected to the Final Boss (Bowser, Peach, Luigi, Mario)

I'm pretty glad they didn't do that.

I think you didn't play 3D World.

Sounds like autistic fanfiction, no thanks. Glad they didn't do that. Like it's not even a matter of "im miyamoto no story allowed mwahahaha" it's just.. it's stupid desu. We don't need any "DUDE MEMBER SUNSHINE LMAO" shit just for the sake of having it, Piantas as NPCs would have been enough.

I did, it's good. And it isn't a NSMB game.