was fallout 3 shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mLJ1gyIzg78
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes

Ye

Yes

youtu.be/mLJ1gyIzg78

no, the people who say it's shit were probably about 8 years old when it came out and they didnt play it until a year ago and they compare it to modern open world games like the witcher. back in 2008 there wasn't anything else like this game.

Watch the video I posted, he compares it to the first fallouts that were over a decade old when 3 came out.

>wasn't anything else like this game

stalker and oblivion.

It was Oblivion with guns.

It's okay. I liked 1, 2, 4, and NV better though.

No, NMA is just buttblasted about it literally saving the series from a doomed life of BoS spin-offs.
The game itself is pretty simple, but nothing bad.

so what, bethesda wasn't trying to recreate the original fallout games and people who judge this game on that merit are pretentious and bitter. interplay went bankrupt, the old fallout is dead, deal with it.

could you post a video that's not done by a complete faggot?

>posting that cuck's videos

>Try to play it
>Crashes all the fucking time and feels buggy as hell and no aiming down sight
>TTW comes out
>Games short as all fuck, still buggy as shit and I realize the story is fucking cancer with generic bethesda GOOD GUY VS LITERALLY HITLER

oblivion is a fantasy game, and stalker is a survival game, fallout 3 is neither.

It's the other way around.

If you play 3 first you are presented with a godawful, wrong version of the Fallout universe. So by the time you play NV or the first two, the real games seem wrong.

I know because Fallout 3 was the first Fallout game I ever played

>GOOD GUY VS LITERALLY HITLER

Play the fucking game before shitposting next time.

Lots of flaws. Horrible launch as usual.

But good nonetheless. Vegas was superior.

Yes

Oblivion with guns was not a compliment.

fallout lore has nothing to do with what i'm saying. keep in mind that 2 and 3 were released a decade apart from each other, nobody was expecting fallout to come back and most people who played it had forgotten about it. bethesda rightfully owns the series and they're free to do what they want with it, whoever owned it before them did not have to sell it but clearly they needed the money. as a gameplay experience fallout 3 was unrivaled until it's successor new vegas was released.

Now, I know this is off-topic, but I can't contain my extreme anguish to Bethesda's infinite laziness.

So I went to ModDB to download some mods and some headlines caught my attention, so I went to see what was up in previous ones.

Then I stumbled upon this article that showed how Beth literally made copy paste from a mod for NV.

I know this is old, but I guess some people would be interested to know that Beth is actually a very shitty company.

Here's the link www.moddb.com/mods/autumn-leaves/news/big-publishers-and-a-small-mod

See pic related, it's the most blatant example.

Kind of like how Obsidian took a bunch of FO3 mods for NV's "new" features, right?

And now the mod in question.

He still makes good points.

Also samefag much?

Did you fucking read my post

>he doesn't know how to check for samefag
>he proceeds to embarrass himself

and no, he didn't make any good points

And what would those be? Hardcore mode?

Okay, so you just have shit comprehension.

Y

>literally saving the series from a doomed life of BoS spin-offs
You mean like Fallout 3 and 4?

Moira was cute

>and no, he didn't make any good points
Care to elaborate?

It has a special place in my heart for being the first "RPG" I ever played (inb4 "Fallout 3 isn't a real RPG!!! - I know), so objectively yes, but personally no. Really gave me that rare feeling of "I just want to go home and only play this game" the first 15 hours.

You could probably rape Moira and she'd forgive you

> bethesda wasn't trying to recreate the original fallout games
Oh is that why they stole a lot of the same story points and brought back groups of NPCs that had no business to be in the game?

It is a RPG, just a shitty one.

FO4 in the other hand...

they had to do that because it was still called Fallout. i'm surprised they left as much intact as they did, actually. but as soon as they decided to use a real time combat system the game ceased to be a Fallout resurrection.

The game has a quest where a scientist, in his attempts to make the car-sized ants smaller, accidentally made them breathe fire instead.

>Tried to make them smaller
>Accidentally made them breathe fire

I have low standards and even I can't tolerate this level of stupid.

>they had to do that
No they didn't. They could easily have told their own story about what happened to the East Coast using the established backstory of Fallout as a starting point

but that's what they did.

No.

It was an improvement over the Black Isle games in some ways (balancing, dungeon design etc.) but a downgrade in others (writing, morality systems etc.).

It's a good entry all things considered.

Fallout 4 on the other hand is an abomination.

No they didn't. 3 is a retarded mishmash of plot points and factions from 1, 2 and Tactics. The game would have made more sense being set in Oregon or Nevada with all the copy pasted elements from California.

yeah that's called an homage to the past. it's done in movies and video games all the time. the actual storyline and characters are different.

>Implying FO2 didn't have stuff that was equally as weird

The bizarre, Twilight Zone-esque science and lore is what separates Fallout from other post-apocalyptic games.

No, but their mistakes could be somewhat understandable since it was the first 3D Fallout game

MY FUCKING EARS

Who the fuck sticks with the motherfucking angry reviewer shtick in god damn 2016

>CURRENT YEAR
why do you hate angry reviewers?

this is a kick ass game , a prostitutes work is never done >:P
dumped cum buckets all day .

They made fallout 3 way more relevant and popular than your shitty obscure unplayable crpgs would ever had. Too bad NV came out after and made the whole franchise fall into irrelevance again.

Havn't played 4.

No. Fallout 4 is.

Whacky 50s B-Movies
If you don't like that you could disregard the first two too

Yes.
It was always shit.
This shit smelled shit before it was even released.
This shit was created inside an Gamebryhole.
TurdBoys got excited because Lord sweetlittleshit appeared before them again.
Shit eating shit and smelling funny in Playshit and Xshit. Again.
Was still shit while Obsidian polished the turd.
Everyone's happy and eating their own shit.
Add another layer of shit.
And shit over people eating their shit.

I hate this excuse so much, it is ALLWAYS used to defend horrible games like FO3 and 4

The wackyness in FO2 is at least explained if you talk to everyone, except the easter eggs, which are just easter eggs.

In FO3 and 4 they don't explain shit and stuff just happens because "LE RADIATED WASTELAND MAGIC"