Do you think Nintendo still cares about their core fans?

Do you think Nintendo still cares about their core fans?

Be honest

Other urls found in this thread:

dromble.wordpress.com/2013/09/21/nintendos-frustrations-with-3d-mario/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes.
It's just that their core fans have changed.

No less than they previously had. In their minds they're doing nothing wrong

What was the verdict on Color Splash? I heard some people got their hands on it early. Is it as bland as they made it look in the trailers?

They don't give a shit about their fans period. They just throw shit at the wall, and even if it doesn't stick they do it anyways.

Everybody loves it.

Only Pretendos are still saying it's terrible.

That's just it: The people complaining, the Pretendos, ARE NOT CORE FANS. Core fans are on Miiverse, playing and talking about games.

Pretendos do NOT PLAY NINTENDO GAMES.

I think they do, just they're going about it the wrong way.
Star Fox tried to go back to basics.
Tanabe or whoever the director of Federation Force was said that the game was done primarily to tie in to future Prime games )and the ending cutscene teases a potential future Metroid game).
Color Splash started production right after Sticker Star and is more of an Intelligent Systems issue.

Hit or Miss, from what I understand. Better than Sticker Star, but not by much.

The gameplay is still utter shit, the areas are pretty great, the dialogue is hit or miss & and the NPCs are all Toads or Shy Guys. 6/10, honestly enjoyed myself outside of battles.

Federation Force was a fun game. I personally would've preferred a better approach to the lore of the Metroid universe, maybe better scans, but overall it was a fun game. I give it 7/10 and I hope I can see more giant robots from the Federation alongside Samus in some kind of lore or climax in a future game.

Rate op's gayness on a scale of 1 to Op

Consensus roughly says better than Sticker Star, but nowhere near the first 2, nor anywhere near SPM.

>namefag
Look at him. Look at him and his shit taste and laugh.

It feels like they do, but deep down they want the Wii's casual audience back and only reluctantly throw the core gamers a bone now and then.

No and it's only going to get worse.

All three of those games didn't just alienate their core playerbase - they isolated every gamer on the planet. They fucked up. It happens - even to a company like Nintendo.

They never did. All they've done is make shit they thought was fun. It's just that somewhere along the line, that started to split from what we thought was fun.

Sticker star 2.0, the ending is even more bland then SS

The 9 year old son of my wife's daughter was disappointed by these games. They are objectively bad.

>the ending is even more bland then SS
That's because they ripped off SS. They even had the bullshit "sacrifice" again.

There is no objectivity for the human condition. Your step grandchild was dissapointed because his expectations didn't match the product. That is all.

Federation force is actually pretty good though, the only reason people don't like it is because its called metroid, if it was just called "federation force" and said to be "set in the metroid universe", everyone would praise it

color splash is shit, its sticker star 2 with slight improvements, which is a fucking shame with how good it looks

Except for the fact that the term 'objective' has come to describe a general consensus by numerous authoritative bodies. I do believe that the majority of critics, Cred Forums as a gaming collective and most anyone who had the inclination to vocalise their opinion on the games, qualifies as an authoritative body.

Yeah. Just a lot of ex-fans are unwilling to take that prefix and still expect to be catered too specifically even though they are no longer part of the audience.

I mean when you're demanding Mario, a game that's specifically meant to be enjoyed by as many people as possible to adhere to the specifications you enjoy most in opposition to the continued success even on the lowest selling systems. You should probably reconsider whether you are a fan or not.

No, if they haven't left us hanging for over half a decade for a decent Metroid title, people would be ok with it. As it stands, the last Metroid game we got before this was Other M. And that didn't go over so well.

Not at all. fuck the mods for deleting genuine game threads though, but they leave FMA thread up to hit 540 replies lmfao.

>Except for the fact that the term 'objective' has come to describe a general consensus by numerous authoritative bodies
No. Your personal experiences with shitposting don't change the definition of a word.

Here's Nintendo's pecking orders:

THE WORD AND WHIM OF THE DIVINELY-BRED MANAGER-GODS > What the kids will spend money on > What the kids want > What the Core wants

You know the game is wrong when the generic enemy cast has more personality than the supportive cast
The enemy shy guys were much better NPCs than the toads
Overral I rate is 6/10, battles are shit, but the overworld is better than sticker star

Are you implying that StarFox, Metroid and Paper Mario fans are the core fans of Nintendo? aka. often cancerous vocal minorities?

You aint me

You're an idiot the enemy cast in Color Splash is part of the supporting cast. Just because the generic enemies were just random unaffiliated psychopaths in PM64, TTYD and SPM doesn't mean they aren't the supporting cast in CS.

>bullshit
How was it bullshit? He didn't come back.

Why are you posting a good game? Do you want juicy (You)s? Here's one on the house

'''''fans'''''

Let me stop you there. The vast majority of people bitching about those games in particular are those who never even touched the games to begin with. What they are doing, in essence, is criticizing the games for not being 'cool' to play, not the actual quality. Hence this fixation on sales numbers and things no one should be talking about on enthusiast sites.

More so than the other big 2, the difference in speed and time of release throught the years is appalling.

For real?

Because faggot mods deleted my thread. Why should I play SUMO as someone who has played only HGSS? what's in it?

literally filled with memes from memehouse. fuck off.

oh shut the fuck up cody. all these games on pii poo are trash. only good ones have released from 2015 backwards. Wii U is dead and Nintendo knows it which is why they leaked paper mario CS to get loadiine'd early.

Gotta be honest, this latest stint of half assed tone deaf experiments doesn't give me much confidence in the NX.

Yes. The only thing that is different is that some series are shit and were rightfully left behind, and you have those small groups complaining while the rest of the fanbase is playing Splatoon and Pokemon. I never want another Star Fox. Just piss off with that series already.

I'm honestly surprised there are still people looking forward to it.

>hurr y r ppl lookin forward to en ecks XD

Because we don't know anything about it and it could POSSIBLY be good? Use your fucking head.

What's in Sun Moon for you? Nothing, you're clearly not a fan. Why does it bother you?

And, are you twelve? Pi poo? We all know that the Wii U is dead, and 2 of the 3 releases are filler, the other one was made by Mr. Shigery "gimmicks are everything" Miyamoto

It's Nintendo, user. If the past few years have taught me anything, it's to keep your expectations at rock bottom.

>Why should I play SUMO as someone who has played only HGSS? what's in it?

How exactly are you are core fan then genius?

I'm just saying, this pattern of meager titles as of late speak poorly for their idea of "quality" work.

I do hope I'm wrong.

>I'm just saying, this pattern of meager titles as of late speak poorly for their idea of "quality" work.

Heaven forbid they try new ideas with their franchises. Would you have more confidence if they just cloned already proven formulas?

I'm not a fan, I don't rabidly eat whatever comes out (except for Zelda). I ask about it. What's new in SUMO hmm?

Sure it taught YOU. But I don't know anything about it, so I'm slightly hopeful.

Never called myself a core fan, retard. I said only plaid HGSS and want to know what's in SUMO. rEADING COMPREHENSIon.

Well I agree, but I think the Wii U was just them getting to their heads. I haven't bought anything for the wii u since 2014 and pirated wonderful 101, paper mario colors, donkey kong freeze, and sonic lost world. pretty decent titles, but not worth the money.

still, I don't think that means they're down and out. They could be learned in the NX have to wait and see.

>Meager

Ohoho.

Keep in mind, Nintendo had Paper Jam and Fire Emblem Fates out in the first two months of the year. Those releases alone far eclipsed anything Playstation has done in a decade. And of course, the high quality releases kept coming. Pokken. Star Fox Zero. TMS. Federation Force. The list goes on and on.

You KNOW Nintendo is raping the competition when a fucking fashion simulator has a more dedicated fanbase than most other franchises on Cred Forums.

So what is Breath of the Wild?

Why not make a new franchise instead? Are they that afraid that if it isn't a title from an existing one people won't buy it?
Then they don't have faith in their own product and sell it on brand alone
Leave each franchise to be as it is, if you need to change either spin off or make a new franchise. Drastically changing franchises is why everyone is mad since it upsets the existing userbase which is a fan of said franchise because it has those specific mechanics. If they wanted new mechanics, they'd go to another franchise

I'm fine with them experimenting. It's the lackluster results I'm concerned about.

Don't assume I support the pathetic PS4 or Bone libraries either.
All the systems have games I want or like. I'm just saying that this past year or so has been really lackluster. I'm hoping they're just pushing all the WiiU leftovers out the door.

>Why not make a new franchise instead?
They do. Often.
But people don't play them as much because they don't have their favorite characters in them and they fade into obscurity.

Aonuma being the only one at Nintendo to get his head out of his ass.

Hell, he even admitted the Gamepad was a stupid idea.

Nintendo has a lot of IPs.

It's actually more because the press refuses to cover them.

For example, Geist was slammed for not having as visuals as sharp as Metroid Prime. Critics didn't acknowledge the unique mechanics or features at all, and it bombed as a result. Same deal with more recent games like W101.

Why would I bother to tell you? You already know what's new and are ignoring it, or you just posted a boxart of a game you know nothing about. Either way you're a retard.

And this thread is about Nintendo letting down core fans, Pokemon fans are happy with the new game, unless you only listen to contrarians on Cred Forums

>It's just that their core fans have changed.
No, it´s the same autistic fucks like 20 years ago just less of them.

Oh shut the fuck up crying about PlayStation you idiot. We're not talking about soknee, we're talking about Nintendo.

BotW hasn't released, was delayed three (3) times, and is being dual released. will it be good? after skyward sword it's up int he air.

Are you a fucking retard? I haven't played a pokemon game aside from HGSS. what's new in SUMO? hmm? if you can't tell me then don't reply, you're a fucking retard. neck yourself.

why do you care about them considering you never owned a nintendo system?

For real. Not even a little "hey hey im actually still kickin aroodally toot toot! ;)" in the credits. He stays g o n e .

So basically you're saying you hate it for reasons irrelevant to the game itself

Nope

People aren't even giving the game a chance.

I'm saying that's the big reason why people are so angry with it.

I feel I would have liked it if it where a fully fleshed out Metroid game, and I can't get that out of my head. I really tried with it but it's just not for me.

Please read the OP and get the fuck out of this thread. This is not a "please tell me why would I look forward to this game" or "post games you don't care about" thread. Whats next? You're gonna start complaining about Sony's movie games here?
And your posts reek of underage and autism, I've never seen anyone else being this blatant before.

They're doing what they've always done, which is whatever they want. They're trying new things. The problem is, they haven't had many consistent hits. Splatoon being the last one I can think of.

Well that's rather bad. Considering Nintendo seem to be in a position where with some of their franchises they'd have to make an absolute masterpiece to enjoy even 1 million copies sold.

Are you fucking retarded or can you not read?

if they would learn hwo to tmarket their shit instead of releasing babby bullshit, they would consistently see high sales.

federation force was pretty good. I never got around to the other two but as a metroid hardcore fan I enjoyed what I got. Certainly was different but in a good way.

>Why should I play SUMO as someone who has played only HGSS? what's in it?

More pokemon in a new setting with new and tweaked mechanics.

The issue with Nintendo is they've released all of these "bad" titles so close to each other. There was no great thing in between. Zero was good for the 2 hours it lasted which is the problem with it, Fed Force is just a spinoff that doesn't look terrible but it doesn't have mass appeal and it alienated Metroid fans, Color Splash is irredeemable SS2.0 garbage. And then they had #FE as well, which I heard wasn't exactly bad, but that's if you can stomach idolshit or censorship.

The problem with Nintendo is that they are giving the Wii U an absolutely pathetic death since they already burned through things like Mario 3D World, Smash, Mario Kart, Splatoon and XCX.

>if they would learn hwo to tmarket their shit instead of releasing babby bullshit, they would consistently see high sales.

I don't think that's true. If anything the very casual games are performing the best like Tomodachi Life has blown past everything but Pokemon, Mario and Animal Crossing on 3DS.

The issue with the "core fanbase" is that there's such as thing as being too demanding. The fanbase has became unrewarding for Nintendo.

Thread topic
>Do you think Nintendo still cares about their core fans?
Your post
>Because faggot mods deleted my thread. Why should I play SUMO as someone who has played only HGSS? what's in it?
>I'm not a fan, I don't rabidly eat whatever comes out (except for Zelda). I ask about it. What's new in SUMO hmm?
>Never called myself a core fan, retard. I said only plaid HGSS and want to know what's in SUMO. rEADING COMPREHENSIon.
>Are you a fucking retard? I haven't played a pokemon game aside from HGSS. what's new in SUMO? hmm? if you can't tell me then don't reply, you're a fucking retard. neck yourself.
Not only are you offtopic, but you're acting like a complete autistic child. Where the fuck are the mods? You can't be older than 13

smeared shit running down the wall

Geist and W101 were 6/10 shit games and critics rated them accordingly

The censorship was only on tsubasa's clothes (probably because she is 16/17 in japan) and on the swimsuits, visible clevages with jiggle physics are still in game otherwise

>Keep in mind, Nintendo had Paper Jam and Fire Emblem Fates out in the first two months of the year. Those releases alone far eclipsed anything Playstation has done in a decade.
Just how far up Nintendo's as~
>he high quality releases kept coming. Pokken. Star Fox Zero. TMS. Federation Force. The list goes on and on.
now I know you were just ironic shitposting.

You forgot to put a "literal" in there

And this is exactly what's happening. The pic in the OP contains 3 recent cherrypicked releases from franchises that have sold historically bad, except Paper Mario. Core fans are fans that BUY games.

W101 is really good if you can get past chapter 1 and get used to the controls, which most reviewers didn't

Depends how you define core fans. Their games certainly haven't appealed to me after the GCN.

Yeah.
You know, I tried to focus on those things a long time ago. And then the Nintendrones just shouted WELL YOU'RE JUST OLD AND THE SALES NUMBERS WILL SHOW YOU.
So I and others, tired of parroting the same warnings unto no one, started also focusing the sales numbers to try and get some notice towards the trend of shit.

It didn't work. Starfox Command, Other M, Sticker Star (when it was revealed what would happen), Starfox Zero, Color Splash, nothing seemed to stop the bullshit.

So now YOU don't want to focus on sales.

Too bad - we're already focusing on both the qualities of the games AND the sales, and we're tired of shitters like you. You aren't the first and certainly not the best, and you won't be the last.

At least, not until Nintendo dies from suffocating while eating its own shit.

TMS and Pokken are genuinely good games. The others are mediocre, but good job Sherlock

You're cherrypicking there. If the Metroid "fans" bought the good games, they would have kept rehashing them, like the "NEW" Mario games or DKCR.
The only mistake is trying to make Paper Mario different from M&L, but people actually bought SS, so...

I don't get this. Is it the implication that they're responding to their own reply?

I'm gonna buy color splash at full price, and enjoy it.
And no one can stop me.

SFZ was good. I get why a lot hate it, but I enjoyed it. 7/10.

FF would be called a hidden gem if it didn't have the Metroid name on it.

Color Splash I can't really comment on since I've never played a Paper Mario.

Color splash and federation force are mediocre but aren't as bad as people say they are. At least color splash was better than sticker star. However, their attitude of "we know much better than you" didn't work so well this time, and these entries certainly aren't the quality Nintendo is known for.

Zero was actually slightly bad, even when the controls were actually alright.

I haven't played Color Splash yet.

But there is something very obviously missing from Federation Force and SFZero. A certain sheen of quality that even the worst Nintendo games used to have.
And it's not just those games, it's a lot of Nintendo games up through last year, too. Triforce Heroes, Happy Home Designer, Amiibo Festival, Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, hell, if you REALLY wanted to, you could go all the way back to Sticker Star and Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon.

Not EVERY first/second Nintendo game, obviously, but an alarmingly large number of the past couple years just don't feel RIGHT, you know? Like, either they've got flawed premises (Star Fox, Federation Force, Triforce Heroes) or they're just flat, obviously unfinished, or they underprovide content (HHD, Ulta Smash).

It's weird. Everyone likes to blame it on Nintendo focusing attention on the NX, but that doesn't hold water with me, as some of any given Nintendo console's BEST games have come out at or around the end of that console's life cycle.
I feel like there's more to this story than we're being lead to believe.

Star Fox Zero definitely had a bit of that old Nintendo magic in there on more than one occasion. The voice acting for the most part is spot on with the Lylat Wars/SF64 style and I was beaming when you did those slow-mo flybys with Star Wolf.

It's just a shame they built the game that heavily around the Wii U gamepad. Ultimately it didn't really add THAT much to the overall gameplay and so wasn't worth butchering the control system for.

Yeah, you get used to the controls. The game isn't unplayable by any means, but the lack of alternative options is just bizarre. The controls are manageable but never intuitive. They should have at least gone for the SF64 3D route and built a game that worked both ways.

Plus SF0 suffers from the recurring modern Nintendo game affliction called 'bare bones syndrome'. It has what, half the content of Lylat Wars?

That was actually fantastic

Here's a Webm of that if anyone is interested, it's pretty comfy in motion & with the music.

>The gamepad didn't add much

WRONG. It introduced an innovative new control scheme for the genre that makes you feel as if you are in the pilot's seat.

I'm admitingly in the minority, but I really loved SFZ. While yeah it had a little less going on than 64, I couldn't help but feel like it was an expansion pack to 64. Some new levels and mechanics sprinkled here and there, but the movement of the arwing was spot on and that's what I truly wanted. It didn't really bother me that some better parts of 64 like the forever train were not in it because ultimately if I really want that then I can play the original and get the same amount of enjoyment. Co-op with a friend is really enjoyable as well, so much that it might be the best way to play the game.

I legitimately enjoyed Star Fox Zero but mostly because I didn't buy it at full price. With the amount of content in the game it should have been sold at $40 tops.

The controls were confusing at first but I got used to them, and then the gameplay really clicked for me. It's a shame that there was no fucking option to turn them off though. If motion controls could have been turned off then the game would have gotten much better reviews across the board. Imagine if Splatoon launched with mandatory motion controls - no one would play it, and we'd have a dead IP. Instead, it's one of the most celebrated games on the Wii U.

Hopefully we get more Star Fox on the NX, and hopefully they've learned from some of their mistakes.

I dunno I could replicate a similar feeling in SF64...

>I could fly and shoot in different directions in Star Fox 64

Nice joke.

>This is horrible

Even Falco knows what it's like to play SF0

I actually really liked SF0

What does it even matter if it doesn't add to the gameplay

>Kersti "dies"
>comes back

>Huey "dies"
>actually fucks off

King Bowser, pls stay

No and they don't have to. Nintendo are visionaries. They care about changing the industry. They don't care what some overweight autist on the internet thinks about them.

That bummed me down. Rest in peace Huey, it's fucking unfair we live in a world where Starlow gets to stick around and you're forced to sacrifice it all.

>Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon.
What's wrong with that one? It was fun.

It does add to the gameplay quite a bit, especially in the all range mode sections.

Fighting Star Wolf is much more fun in Zero because the motion controls and targeting mechanic give you a much wider viewing range than what was possible in 64, making it much easier to keep a Star Wolf member in your sights while you are pursuing them.

can't wait for drones to damage control over this

at least you can hatefuck Starlow in your dreams, Luigi.

This. It went from the average gamer to autistic fanboys. They can pander to shit taste now because nintendrones will defend anything.

Iwata will burn in hell for his gay blue water or whatever the fuck approach he had to the market (nintendo does not directly compete with sony PC microsoft sega etc but instead isolates its own nitche monopoly on a market)

What was even wrong with Zero beyond it being "not muh 64"?

tfw nintedo quality has been falling consistently for the last decade and we are now at the point where the next big installment in an established IP or new nintendo IP means jack shit.

I can no longer buy a nintendo console as "an investment" Because I have no confidence in them to deliver consistent high quality products that are a considerable step above most of its competition.

>still
When have they ever?

but is is starfox 64, only with bad controls to create the illusion of depth and to try to make you forget you are just playing a bad remake of 64.

What was even wrong with this image without saying "muh nitpicking"?

>game made to be a successor to 64
>why all the "muh 64" complaints?

superior "gimmick" railshooter coming through

Haven't played any of them but:

Starfox was always Nintendo's worst major franchise, so I don't care about another bad game.

Federation Force is at least clearly an experimental spinoff (like Hyrule Warriors) so it's clearly not going to replace the mainline games.

Color Splash legit worries me though. I hope it bombs so we don't get a third SS.

Haven't even bought a Wii U yet because of that. The only way I can see myself buying an NX is if it's backwards compatible with the handful or Wii U games that look good. Because so far it looks like they can only make half a console worth of good games anymore. They should stick to handhelds, at least those have good third party support.

Star Fox actually tried to appeal to it's fans.

It sucked because Miyamoto forced his shitty gimmicks into it

>it's clearly not going to replace the mainline games.
it never was

The NX is supposed to be a handheld/console hybird to alleviate the strain of having to support them both.

Protip though, handheld quality has fallen as well. I have a sky3ds and still have shit all to play, especially from nintendo.

Those are 3 different games made by 3 different development companies. And of those 3 games, only Federation Force can be argued to be a deliberate "let's do the opposite of what the core fans wanted" situation.

Color Splash was confirmed to have started development before the criticism for Sticker Star became widespread. They ultimately showed they are at least trying by making characters with actual personality and interesting and cute dialog and unique areas instead of doing another "NSMB: The RPG".

Star Fox Zero is actually a good game when you play through it a few times and get used to the controls. It's the same sort of situation as W101 where most people just don't have the patience to learn how to play it.

Kirby is nintendo's worst major franchise. By far. The only solid kirby game was kirbys adventure and that's just because it was a novelty for the nes.

Liking kirby is a big red flag. It screams "i'm a retard who loves to turn my brain off, and has no understanding of good game design. also I probably have a vore fetish."

>comparing sfz to w101

fag.

i think it's funny how super mario 64 gets speedrun and broken down by hyper autists and sunshine has loads of nostalgic pull but the mainline mario games today are forgotten about weeks after release
what the hell is nintendo doing?

Starfox is nintendo's worst major franchise. By far. The only solid Starfox game was Starfox Adventures, and that's just because it was ripping off a better series.

Liking Starfox is a big red flag. It screams "i'm a retard who loves furry fanfiction, and has no understanding of good game design. also I probably yiff."

You can't just eat my post an gain my truthful shitposting powers like a copy ability kirby fag.

i'd say Kirby is actually nintendo's best series because it's had consistently good quality for decades and when they make Kirby games they usually don't throw in 80 gimmicks that drag the whole thing down
they'll do a gimmick for each game but it sticks to the core formula and has new powers and stuff, if you like Kirby then new Kirby games are always a safe bet
I can't even think of a bad Kirby game to be honest famurillo

You both sound like fags.

The only core fan relevant to Nintendo in that image is Mario and even then it has gotten tons of games already. Metroid and Star Fox were never their focus.

>"NSMB: The RPG"
Are you talking about SPM or Sticker Star?

Only because it hasn't changed at all since the old days

Nintendo haven't given a shit about the core market since the Gamecube.

No, they really don't. Or they are not capable of making the games they used to anymore.

Half of the Starfox games are remakes/homages to 64.

Breath of the Wild will be the "Nintendo" we grew up with's swan song.

>Star Fox tried to go back to basics.
How is forced motion control bullshit back to basics?

I keep seeing this image with the toads for ages now
What does it mean and why don't people like it? I only ever played the second paper mario

It really feels like their last chance.

Breath of the Wild feels like Nintendo really finally going all out. It's insane how much shit there is in this game and we've only seen, what, 9 hours of it from E3 alone?

But they also butchered one of the missions by censoring the creepy pervo pics with regular fully clothed pics. They're suppsed to make you feel uncomfortable and they miss the entire point by taking it out.

it looks shit, you people are delusional

everything they've shown thus far has been amazing, except maybe for the art style, so you're full of shit

Nintendo stopped caring about their core fans with the N64.

They recaptured their core fans temporarily with the Wii, but then drove those core fans away with the Wii U.

That's how I felt when Twilight Princess happened and I think it's just mid-tier Zelda

Still doesn't mean it isn't their last chance.

Sticker Star. SPM isn't anything like NSMB at all.

Why isn't this faggot banned yet?
He's underaged

Nostalgiafags, aboo I'm in my early 20s and life sucks and everything was so much better when I was a kid

nigga what, it looks leaps and bounds better than any 3D Zelda since TP so far

>Zero
>Heard it's an okay game with shitty controls and while it retcons some shittier story elements it's just spinning wheels

>Fed-Force
>Heard mixed things, looks fun, but will have the same problem as Four swords IE no friends to play it with and no online to find pubbies

>Colorsplash
>Looks beautiful and kinda fun.
>Story looks objectively bad when compared to the original RPG games, which this isn't, it's more of a spin off

Basically:

>Pushed gimmick and refusal to move forward

>Pushed gimmick with a refusal to adapt online options which would fix it's main gameplay problem

>Miyamoto desperately claws at Mario's overalls and keeps the game in a muddy middle area.

Nintendo needs to catch up. Hopefully NX and BotW will do well enough to encourage them to try new elements and Miyamoto will finally hand off his franchises to younger teams and move his focus to putting out a new IP.

They've stagnated too long where even the new core audience from the Wii is starting to notice the trend of recycling old hats.

They also need to spark some life into some of their stagnant ips like FZero and Metroid.

Also work on advertising.

Super Mario Maker deserved more.

it's an uninspired assassins creed/skyrim/witcher 3 clone that is cashing in on the open world phase in gaming, it will be completely forgettable

>that filename

I miss old Cred Forums

I like you

call me when those games have physics like those used in fun puzzles, I'll gladly play them

also ALBW did some semi-open world thing really well, if they go that route I'm 100% happy with it

>Zero
>Retconning anything
>There are people who still believe this

Must it also be mentioned how much Zero bombed in comparison to all the games? It even did worse than Command.

No it doesn't. Its a 60 dollar level editor. That hardly constitutes a quality game.

Fans of the Paper Mario (and to much smaller degree M&L too) fanbase complaining about nigh every NPC being a Toad in SS and PS compared to previous games

From what I've seen, PS is slightly better about it

I'm so sick of people defending Star Fox Zero. The controls aren't a problem, its the lack of content. Especially compared to a game from 20 years ago which is pretty much better in every way. No excuse for them being so lazy.

this only apply to Star Fox though, in 64fags case

Nintendo's original "core" audience left when they sold out with the Wii and they never returned.

>muh epic space furry plot :((
Assaultfags are such fucking cancer.

Fucking this SO MUCH, Star Fox Zero was so lacking. I couldn't even finish the game, I was expecting it to be a prequel about Krystal's life before Star Fox Adventures and instead I got the MGSV of Star Fox. Does Nintendo really think that people play Star Fox for anything other than the story? What the fuck.

>literally borg plot
>bad
64fags will never cease to amaze me

>Journalists hated Zero, some even saying Star Fox has the change to survive
>Not even Youtube E-Celebs liked Zero and even shared the same opinion
>Star Fox Adventures and Star Fox Assault are getting more appreciation now thanks to Zero
>The only ones defending Zero are the remaining handful of purefags, some being from miiverse

Oh man I hope you werent here the first two weeks.

Krystal and Star Fox adventures isn't canon faggot.

If you care so much about plot go watch a fucking movie faggot

>isn't canon
Found the Zero apologist/anti-furry bigot

This. Nintendo do whatever they want whenever they want. They don't follow industry standards.

Oh but it is, so sorry it still pisses your autistic ass off after 14 years

what's that? can't hear you with good gameplay and a million copies sold while Zero still struggling to break 500k

>good gameplay
lol

wasn't the entire challenge of 64 the fact that you could only aim in the direction you were facing

so you had to be in harms way to be able to attack

removing that doesn't seem to make for a better game

And are floundering because of it. It's downright shameful that they don't even have shit like decent online functions in current year

>Let me nitpick these specific games

>Let me ignore that M&L is still strong

>Let me ignore that Fire Emblem is still kicking ass

>Let me ignore Kirby and Rhythm Heaven and Pokemon

It's back to basics because you're not running around on a planet with a staff or blaster or whatever. They screwed the controls, but its clear what they were going for.

It's not. You furfags are the same cancer ruinng the Sonic franchise with your filler backup characters no one likes.

>Implying Zeros controls is any better than Assaults

Johnny though admitted the on foot controls is weird, he revealed it's similar to Metroid Primes

>Rhythm Heaven
>good

The gameplay is Assault is trash. It has like 3 on rails sections.

Your parents must be proud of you

funny the cap isn't talking just about just the same ol "kill Andross, save the Lylat System" shtick

neither Prime or Retro's DKC need to rely on Mother Brain or K. Drool to create not only a good plot but a good game

>muh story :((((
Literally the least important aspect of a game. Go fuck yourself kid.

Who cares? On rails is dead now, nor was it what Argonaut wanted at the start when they made the very first

>Star Fox 2 has no rails sections, all open world maps
>Was what they really aimed for

>I-It has to have rails!!

Yes, people have just forgot that Nintendo always cared about being family friendly and good for the children.

They are the Disney of gaming if not Disney of Japan. (or Disney is the Nintendo of America, they have been around for more than a century.) Legal staff included.

I honestly have no idea. It all depends on what the NX ends up being and what the launch lineup is. It's entirely possible they could have a stellar launch and make games the hardcore fans want. Or it could just end up being Zelda and whatever the Wii Sports equivalent will be.

Except Disney provides to a large audience, and not strictly to children.

>>Star Fox 2 has no rails sections, all open world maps
A lot of SF2 concepts were folded into Command, so it's hilarious that you're trying to act like those are good features

Reminder that liking Star Fox Zero is inherently anti-Cred Forums as it means you are supporting calculated systematic assaults on the furry community. The story and timeline of the Star Fox franchise is something that's been very important to us for a long time now, and Nintendo taking that away from us is heartbreaking. It is the duty of every poster on Cred Forums to drive this piece of shit into the ground where it belongs.

One of the key things that Disney does right is making their products like movies enjoyable for adults too

>Nintendo goes from having a wide dynasty of great games to four franchises which manage to be acceptable

Whew...OK

I haven played SF 64 in a long time, and after reading this, I think I'll play it again today just to wash off my disgust after reading this

Yet people seem to like Star Fox 2 even though it has no rails.

>Acting like it's bad because Command used the same kind of gameplay
>Even referencing Command at all

Star Fox 2 has never been played by anyone but a handful of autists so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make

Yes. Miyamoto doesn't, though.

Look at Breath of the Wild and Pokemon Sun & Moon. Any game Miyamoto isn't a part of turns to gold.

Federation Force was a real gem, right?

Buuuuuuuuuuuullshit.

That free-aiming is the opposite of immersion considering the guns remain stationary and facing in front of the ship. You are not supposed to have the level of freedom when aiming during a dogfight, it just doesn't fit flight combat. It takes me out of the experience, especially when looking between two seperate screens.

Ignoring all opinions on whether or not the controls worked, the controls were just a bad decision.

Now, if they had given you that control scheme while you sat in a rotating turret on the Great Fox, that would have made for a fantastic couple of levels. That could have opened the doors to a very interesting co-op campaign where a traditional controller either handled the Great Fox's maneuvering or one of the Starfox crew.

>Do you think Nintendo still cares about their core fans?
Only the shareholders, since 'core fans' isn't really a thing. Nintendo has developers and they each have different goals. Miyamoto makes games for the mechanics and mechanically they're all really clever. When he makes a game, you know it's because he has an idea about a new way to play games.

The guy in charge of Splatoon should be interesting to follow moving forward.

But, as far as the games in your picture there go, games are developed from a root idea. Taking issue with a game because it does what it was meant to and not something else you wanted it to be is sort of completely retarded. Don't get it if you don't want it, there's no reason to whine because something was made a certain way on purpose and it isn't the same as a game that already exists.

Nintendo move forward and will continue to move forward, that's the only thing I particularly like about them.

>post snes nintendo
Why would you do this to yourself.

Tanabe is a whole other issue.

Star Fox Zero at least seemed like an attempt to reach core Star Fox fans.

Then they fucked up the attempt because of Miyamoto's fetish for gimmicks.

Was Miyamoto involved with Super Mario 3D World? Cause that game was straight fucking trash.

This is 100% how I feel

I wouldn't call it trash.

But it is pretty uninspired, boring, and downright as generic as Mario comes.

So actually yea it might be trash.

How can you look at BotW footage and tell me Nintendo doesn't at least somewhat care for their core audience. It's the first Zelda in literal decades that has approached the concept of the series in a way reminiscent to its roots, without boiling it down to the bare minimum of those established mechanics and ideas

I'm genuinely surprised at the effort that's going into it, especially as someone who's been disappointed with the series since TP

Sun and Moon also looks to be mixing up the pokemon formula in a way their audience has been begging for since 4th gen. If Nintendo can manage to put the same effort into their next big Mario title, then I'd say this would be the most 'core' Nintedo has been in awhile

3D World was fantastic you fucking pleb

At this point I'm sure BotW will suck somehow.

I no longer have faith in modern Nintendo.

Doesn't look like it, but I enjoyed that game more than I enjoyed any Mario game in ages.

That being said, it didn't do much new. It was just the exact kind of thing you'd expect from a 3D Mario that acts like a 2D game. The thing is, that's exactly how they marketed it is, so that's what I went in expecting. If you were expecting anything else, you're actually fucking retarded.

>Not even Ecelebs liked Zero.

Because that's what their non gamer audience expected from them.

Keep in mind these are the same people who praise FNAF and Undertale.

No it wasn't you fucking pleb.

I have faith in BotW, since they had enough self-awareness to not let Aonuma near the game.

>The thing is, that's exactly how they marketed it is,
What does that have to do with anything?
They marketed Fed Force and Star Fox Zero exactly how they are.

>It takes me out of the experience, especially when looking between two seperate screens.

oh, you're one of those retards.

you don't need to look at the 2nd screen EVER during dogfights. Just switch the screen to first-person view if you don't want to have to look at the gamepad. Then switch it back to 3rd person for the on rails stages.

Same thing for boss battles. You only need to focus on the first-person screen. You can also glance at the gamepad screen when you need to figure out where you are in relation to the boss and reorient yourself. You're not supposed to divide your attention equally between the two screens.

>What does that have to do with anything?
People's main complaint is that Star Fox and Federation Force are bad. However, their main complaint about 3D World is that it isn't like 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy.

You actually are, but whatever. You do have options.

I don't remember I grew up playing nintendo games that look like crap and almost make you blind

3D World is bad tho

What the hell are you on about? Aonuma himself admitted that he was the sole reason for the game's numerous delays.

I need to think about this.

>Star Fox Zero and FF are bad

Only Pretendos believe this.

Explain how. Because it seemed totally fine to me.

I'm worried the mini dungeons throughout the world (shrines) will become repetitive after a while. They all look the same and have the same guy at the end of them.

>How can you look at BotW footage and tell me Nintendo doesn't at least somewhat care for their core audience.

Because I would have expected a game like this one or two generations ago, not now

It's almost like we've only seen a minuscule fraction of them from the very beginning of the game..

It's not just that it's different from 64 and the "standard" 3D version of Mario, so much as it's adding an extra dimension to what is essentially the NSMB format, and that's a series that's been wading through mediocrity for years.

it's weird that we'd say zelda is copying open-world now when 30 years ago it was basically the definition of open-world.

As far as I'm concerned, BotW is just Zelda finally making the jump to 3D that it was supposed to make but couldn't due to power limitations and/or lack of awareness.

The platforming is boring as shit, and having to judge distance from an isometric camera in a platformer in fucking 2016 game shouldnt be allowed.

I don't even know anymore.

I just want a HD remake of Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles with online multiplayer for the Wii U or NX.

>They all look the same
We've seen two of them, both designed for the same item. Of course they look similar, you fucking dolt.

Cred Forums/f/dude you still alive??

>The platforming is boring as shit
Subjective. I thought it was fun.
>IT'S 2016!
Okay.

Are you seriously defending the fixed camera?

It's the worst mainline Mario title. It's still one of the worst if you throw the NSMB series into the mix. But it has it's moments, and I'll greentext a few right now.

>Multiple character options should be a series mainstay
>Cat Mario is a fun powerup
>Plessie is a nice design and stands out as one of the few new ideas
>The more vertical a level is the better in this game
>The train level and the golden train level made me feel like a kid again
>Cat Goombas and the Goombas sleeping on floaties in the water had a lot of personality
>Bowser using powerups was fantastic
>Faux-Jazz was a step down from Orchestration but still sounded great
>Double Cherry is fun and adds more dank lore
>Captain Toad levels and the Captain Toad game are the only original gameplay mechanics Nintendo produced all generation
>Those mystery box levels are really fun

But on the other hand, the graphics are soulless and the levels are too short. Sprawling Savannah doesn't even fucking work. How did that much pop-in happen on a console more powerfull than 360/PS3? How does Breath of the Wild even exist on the same console that shat out that embarrassing failure of a level?

>They took the NSMB formula and did made it good
>This somehow makes it bad

I'm not following. You didn't explain how it is bad at all.

I thought it was fine. The levels were designed around it, so it wasn't distracting. Maybe you're just bad.

Star Fox Zero is a very mediocre and shallow game no matter what you think of the controls. It's more of a cash-in/rehash than an actual reboot.
Nothing in that game really felt fresh or different besides the chicken walker and shitty stealth section.
One more thing to add: The boss fights are absolute garbage.

Its not difficult though, its just a strain on the eyes.

I didn't say they made it good, I said they made it 3D.

It's functional platforming, but it lacks so much fucking originality. You got the grass levels, the desert levels, the snow levels, the ghost levels, with a couple of sprinklings of new things here and there, but it's all so repetitive.

NSMB, 2, Wii, 3D Land, 3D World. They all have this uniform look and design approach.

>Subjective. I thought it was fun.
Contridicting opinion

You cant argue "subjective" while saying "fun", because that also a subjective term/opinion too

As someone else already responded, they very much do intend you to use both screens. And if I'm switching back for on-rails segments then that's still a huge chunk of the game suffering from that problem.

And that does nothing to go against my major point, which is that free-aiming with stationary guns is retarded and the opposite of immersion. The entire point of air combat is that you can't get a clear shot without putting yourself at risk.

Way to type all that out in response to the least-stressed point I made after calling me a retard. Go chop your balls.

My eyes are pretty bad, and I found it to be the exact opposite. And difficulty doesn't make a good game. I just had fun because it was fun.

No. They are implying that the post was made to beg for yous.

Except the NSMB series never had any of the qualities mentioned by

Being a WiiU owner all I ever wanted was a few things, and they nailed only one of them I suppose.

>A new smash bros that dosen't completely suck
>Ez Pz DIY modding for a console
>A decent mario platformer
>"Create a game" like game with super mario maker.

And that is pretty much it, most of the other stuff i wanted didn't really happen

>Star Fox with online multiplayer because fuck you that's always been my favorite part
>Smash Bros HD collection with all 3 previous games
>A licensed F-Zero Title
>Monkey Ball like game that allowed you turn on and off gyro controls
>A Kaiju game that ran off the Project R.O.B.O.T engine
>A decent fucking mario party

>3D World. They all have this uniform look and design approach.

Not him and while I can maybe understand 3D Land, but 3D World does have enough new aesthetics and original levels to set it at least above the NSMB games in comparison. It's not at the level of creativity that Sunshine and both Galaxies had, but its also not at the level of lack creativity the NSMBs had. It's just in between.

>>Faux-Jazz
The fuck does this mean? The music was jazzy. It was Big Band Jazz.

The most basic things that a Nintendo home console is supposed to have is an exclusive Zelda and a proper 3D Mario, and Wii U couldn't even do that. Its a fucking joke of a console. It easily has the worst library of any Nintendo console aside from the Virtual Boy.

>proper 3D Mario
wew lad

As in, one that pushes the 3D games forward instead of backwards.

You're kind of scraping the bottom of the barrel when one of the positives is that Plessie has an okay design, and are referencing 'dank lore'.

These games aren't literally copy and pasted from one another. They do change things, but they follow a base model.

3D World definitely had the strongest level of polish out of the list I mentioned (it obviously had the biggest budget), but it's supposed to be the big Mario game for the Wii U, and it just felt to me like a continuation of what I played on a handheld.

So 3D World is a step backwards because it's not a collectathon?

>ruinng the Sonic franchise
That stopped like a decade ago after how monumentally shit '06 was. If anything, there's too little variety in Sanic nowadays, 3&K and the Advance series had the choice-sizes right.

>filler backup characters no one likes
If you ignore like over half the fandom, sure. Furfaggots or not.

3D linear platformers have always been around though. Crash 1-3 were linear platformers and have always been praised.

fuck no Nintendo are total shit now, all their creators got too old and jaded to make good games anymore and they haven't hired literally any new talent and thus we have the predicament they are in
they are fucking clueless and the best they have is the ragtag group that made Splatoon and that game was merely "good"

All of the 3D Mario games are good for they're own reasons. It was way past due time that we finally got the classic SMB gameplay in 3D. Some of us have been waiting since the N64 era for a game like 3D World.

Just because you specifically didn't get your way this one time doesn't mean it was "pushed backwards". Besides they already confirmed the next Mario game is doing something entirely different from 3D World, so you'll probably be getting your way again soon enough anyway. It's time to let it go already.

How many plain toads are there in Paper Mario splash

>It's the worst mainline Mario title

But nothing can top NSMB Wii U as the worst.

>Some of us have been waiting since the N64 era for a game like 3D World

Well you needlessly waited two years, since 3D World was just a slightly beefed up 3D Land.

NSMBU is better than NSMB2 at least.

It could actually be worse.

I mean I also own a xbone and I can honestly say in its current form its the worst console of this generation since all you get are inferior ports of PC games. If you ever get the chance check out Dark Souls 3 on a xbone, its a prime example of what I am referring too.

Maybe scorpio will be manage to be a decent console but at this point im quite skeptical and am saving that money for a decent PC.

That's also likely because HAL actually aren't owned by Nintendo at all, they're just close partners. They have far more reign over their own series.

That looks like a sonic level

And better in every way. You get your version of a good 3D Mario for fifteen years, but we can't get our version twice in the span of two?

Fuck off.

3D Land was a budget portable game, it was a nice breath of fresh air, but if that's all they ever did for putting the classic formula in 3D I would've been extremely disappointed.

3D World is definitely much more than "slightly beefed up 3D Land". It was much more high budget, this guy put it Are you really so petty that you can't stand that we got TWO WHOLE GAMES in a different style appealing to a different subset of the fanbase than your own? Fucking pathetic

reminder that 3D World could've been done on the Wii

>le graphics

I'm not the guy who you were replying to before that, I was just pointing out the fact that 3D Land exists.

And frankly, I do think its existence kind of sully 3D World a bit. That was /the/ Mario game for the generation, and we got something exceedingly similar just two years before it.

>and we got something exceedingly similar just two years before it.

Is Galaxy 2 lessened due to being a direct sequel to Galaxy 1, even if it improves on Galaxy 1?

Galaxy 2 was a sequel to a major Wii title, also released on the Wii.

3D World was a high budget embellishment of a handheld game that game out right on its heels.

Galaxy 2 has more in common with 3D World than with Galaxy 1.

>3DS FE
>good
Wew

For you

Pokken is Rock-Paper-Scissors: The Game with a shitty roster. If you just really, really like Fire-types then I guess you can get enjoyment out of it.

The caveat with BotW is that there's only going to be 4 dungeons

Source?

star fox is dead for good now. cant win when you do something different or keep it the same.

And you arent because you think other m or command arent bad while golden sun is?

My only problem with GS is only the buckley tier writing and being babby first JRPG, game is still enjoyable

This is my fetish

They've updated the visuals since then.

That almost as many as Windwaker

Probably. The only company that makes any good games at least. Cred Forums just hates Nintendo for no real reason.

>Star Fox 2 has never been played by anyone but a handful of autists
So the star fox fandom?

Even fucking Cuthbert discussed about the SF2 beta rom

Miyamoto even said they tried to bring back SF2 due to fan demands to eshop but the faggot who own the right to the FX chip wont let them

No not at all, Nintendo continually snubs fans to satisy their retarded and extremely out of touch view of how things should be. You can't find a company more stuck in the past than Nintendo, remember at VGA in 2013 when in front of the biggest award show for dudebros Nintendo decided to show off....Cranky Kong, you can tell Nintendo still thinks it the 90s.

Sonic's friends have never been the problem with Sonic games. The problem with Sonic games is half the time they have garbage gameplay. Whether a modern Sonic game is good or bad is irrelevant to how many characters are in the game, it all has to do with gameplay.

You people probably hate Tails and Knuckles being in Mania instead of it only being Sonic, Eggman, and nobody else.

>Fire Emblem
Gameplay's better, but forever sold its soul to a cancer worse than bronies/furries combined to acquire those sales.

>Rythm Heaven
Isn't Megamix supposed to be the last one or something?

>Kirby
Owned and handled almost entirely by HAL. Coincidentally is probably the most consistent of Nintendo's too.

Pokemon, M&L and as a bonus Animal Crossing I'll give you, but that's not saying much in the bigger picture, honestly.

>kicks Aonuma to overseer position of BotW instead of his regular director's seat
>gets Masuda completely the fuck out of Sun & Moon

That event you're talking about was three years ago. They've had time to change.

>>>

>Isn't Megamix supposed to be the last one or something?
Yeah. The head director and creative force is dying of cancer.

Nintendo still believe they have a monopoly over the industry of course they don't give a shit about their fans

>He got cancer in his voice box

That's gotta hurt in more ways than one

K. Rool not being in the Retro DKC games is legitimately disappointing, though. I love Tropical Freeze as a game, but neither the villains of DKCR or TF are as cool as K. Rool, though the latter is better than the former.

At least K. Rool is probably the next character to come back for DKCR3 if it's ever made, since they already brought back Dixie and Funky.

Who's Johnny?

Why is Wonderful 101 so ignored by people? I thought everyone who liked games like Devil May Cry and Bayonetta would like something like that?

That's too bad. You shouldn't be releasing a mediocre call of duty clone in a series that hasn't been given love for 10 years.

Rhythm Heaven is dead. Megamix was a good last hurrah but the creator has cancer and retired, and if anyone else tries making a new one it won't be the same. I'm okay with RH dying this way.

And the last three years have unanimously sucked for Pokémon, with the exception of PSMD. XY was shit, ORAS are mediocre games when viewed standalone and really shitty remakes, and they've made four (4) shovelware spinoffs with microtransactions. Granted, Sun and Moon looks interesting and might bring us out of the current slump, but until the game is released I won't get too optimistic.

W101 isn't a Nintendo series.

But it is. They own the rights to it. It's like saying Pokemon isn't a Nintendo series because Game Freak makes it.

This is why Bara is good for your mental and physical health.

The demo was kinda bad and the game itself has a bit of a learning curve which is a no-no for modern Nintendo games. It's a shame because it's easily top 3 for the wii u

That's the thing: if you don't like DMC or Bayonetta, it's nothing special. It's barely a 5/10 on my radar.

I still don't trust Ohmori after ORAS. It's one hell of a blemish on your track record, even if it was rushed.

you have been made stupid by us vs them mentality

SomecallmeJohnny has gone through the Star Fox series up to Assault.

>Doesnt know it at all, only played the SNES game
>Admits the SNES game aged horribly but holds some ground, mentions the unreleased game as well
>Does like 64 also, but seems to like 64 3D more but hates the gyro control option that he advises not to use it
>Was ok with Adventures, didnt really shit on it as some hoped, even mentioned the manga in between 64 and Adventures
>Found Assault to be enjoyable despite its flaws, finds the multiplayer to be fun, but also mentioned that while the on foot controls are clunky it reminds him of Metroid Primes controls to the point he points out the very setup to have to make it feel that way

Is now working on Command, and then Zero. The fact he hates the gyro means Zero's in deep shit. Who knows.

So, he's an e-celeb? Why should I care?

Depends on how much of the rights Platinum signed off to Nintendo during the publishing-agreement, and for a game-by-game basis as opposed to the whole series.

Also I'm moreso addressing the point of Nintendo's own development preferences than I am their affiliates.

He's fine now, but he's never going to compose again because now he's mute.

Not only was it rushed, but it was a remake of an older game running on a build that Masuda made. He didn't have much room for his own influence.

It's literally a Nintendo IP that they had Platinum develop.

Cause he isnt a faggot like 95% of the e-celebs are, and he's literally a sonic fantard.

>he's an e-celeb
>he isn't a retard

That's funny.

Give some of his marathons a watch and you'll see.

Zero's gyro is nothing like 64 3D's gyro. In 64 3D the gyro steers your arwing, it's terrible. Zero's gyro only controls the aiming reticle.

The true test of whether you're a scrub gamer or not is if you hate SFZ for its controls or if you hate it for other reasons. The controls are totally fine and the people who hate it for its controls are the same type of people that hated W101 for its learning curve.

damn

Their wii U fans? No. Their fans overall? Yes. They trapped themselves in a corner where they don't know what to so with the wii U anymore until the nx comes out so they're sort of trying to edge away from it

Federation Force is not a bad game in the slightest. It's a bit too slow for my taste, but enough cool ideas and level variety to keep it interesting. Play in co-op.

Story there because of the banter in star fox you fag

Of course autists like you need it to make up for the mediocre gameplay whatever star fox game has

>not a bad game

Then why isn't it challenging? Why can't I play solo without the game being a bore? Why isn't it balanced around a singleplayer experience? Did nobody think that ideas like a "lone wolf" would make the game too easy, since it's 100% benefits and doesn't require you to take a single risk?

Where's the exploration? Where's the crafted, interwoven worlds? Where's the interesting bosses that aren't just circles that shoot slow energy attacks at you?

they don't support the wii u audience, but anybody buying a tablet and plastic toys is hardly a core fan

>fe kicking ass
>cant even keep a spinoff together
The Waifu emblems games only started to sell due to permavirgin smashnigglets and having 3 versions of fates on the 3ds

Reminder this shitty series was going to get axed if awakening didnt sell pass 250k at some point of this gen

>classicfags thinking sonic was nt ruined from the start
Lol

There's plenty of exploration in terms of secret rooms, which contains most of the game's loot. It's mission based, with smaller levels - which isn't an usual thing in videogames. Some levels are open-ended where you can travel in multiple directions, while others are essentially boss rooms. The bosses are actually pretty varied and interesting. How is what you described applicable to the hectic Mainframe boss, for example?

It's not as fun solo because it was designed from the ground up to be a multiplayer game. I think 2-3 players is the sweet-spot. If you have a hard time getting over that, I don't know what to tell you. No one bases their opinion of Overwatch based on it is bot matches.

Starfox and Metroid always sucked.

>There's plenty of exploration in terms of secret rooms, which contains most of the game's loot.
But none of them are hidden though. None of them require advanced movesets to get into. Nothing like the speed booster tricks, or shinesparking, or shine holding, or managing multiple weapon systems to unlock multiple barriers, while in movement.

>It's mission based, with smaller levels - which isn't an usual thing in videogames.
It doesn't belong in Metroid though. It breaks up the world and keeps it static and lifeless, instead of letting everything connect naturally and giving the sense of a larger world.

>How is what you described applicable to the hectic Mainframe boss, for example?
Oh wow, a tower of blocks that SLOOOOWLY shoots lasers at you. And then they repeat the process without a single original thought or iota of challenge. And if you're playing alone, it takes a minimum of 10 minutes to beat it because you're not doing enough damage to transition it into its next form, but it's not doing enough damage to hurt you, so you're locked in a grindy stalemate where you're hoping to die of boredom because it's preferable to trying to finish this slog.

>It's not as fun solo because it was designed from the ground up to be a multiplayer game.
Metroid is not allowed to be multiplayer. It has never worked as a multiplayer game. And I'm sorry to say, this includes that garbage heap known as Hunters. They focused so much on gamer scores and online achievements that the singleplayer was also bland and devoid of life.

Stop trying to inject multiplayer into every series. If you want to shoot aimlessly and turn off your brain, I'm sure Call of Duty will be glad to cater to you. As would Battlefield. And Killzone. And while we're at it, the other ten million shooters that have been pumped out this generation.

I cringe when people want MMO of said RPG, places and characters wasted to make generic game that are never as good as there single player counterpart

Nah, Nintendo need young blood to be honest. All the old farts at the big N need to fucking go. Thank god Iwata died, Miyamoto fucking when?

What they need to do is stop catering to Western normies.

?

see

have a read
dromble.wordpress.com/2013/09/21/nintendos-frustrations-with-3d-mario/

3D Mario is 3D Mario not shitty Poochie the Dog

No, and I haven't believed that for years now. I thought E6 2006 was fishy as fuck way back when, when Reggie's bitch ass talked about "the blue ocean" and "nongamers" and shit. I never thought it would get this bad, because as it is now it's essentially a complete abandonment of the core.

What makes me sick is the neo nintendrone modern fanbase defends their casualization because they never knew a better Nintendo.

Right now we're seeing the last of Iwata's influence play out with Nintendo, we've yet to see what Kimishima's leadership will churn out in the future. I hope to god he brings back Nitnendo to a true "for everyone" catered company with emergent gameplay that pushes the genres they were involved in like Nintendo used to be known for. Everything is too stale and safe and manufactured now.

>>Let me ignore that M&L is still strong
>dream team sucked ass

>>Let me ignore that Fire Emblem is still kicking ass
>FE
>kicking anyone's ass
your series, CONFIRMED BY FE DEVS AND NINTENDO'S SALES MANAGER, to nearly died once

go back to playing Smash 4, autistic weeb

>>Let me ignore Rhythm Heaven
the fucking director has throat cancer and sakamoto has his hands full for many things, they're gonna have to pull the plug on on RH one day.