Thoughts on this game?

Thoughts on this game?

currently playing through it for the first time. I'm in a place called smouldering lake and the enemies here are cancer

those fucking shits that jumps on your head and eats at you to gain a buff fucks me EVERY TIME I CAN'T DODGE THEM

Best PvE in the series, worst PvP/replay value/etc like Bloodborne.
DS1>DS2>DS3>DeS>BB

What went wrong boys?

unironically the best game in the series

It's excellent. The world design is kinda linear, but the level design is at the highest point th Souls series has ever been, and it doesn't fall off towards the end like DaS1, either.
>undead settlement
>Cathedral of the Deep
>Irithyll of the Boreal valley
>Irithyll Dungeon
>Lothric Castle
These are some of the best levels the Souls series has ever had.
>but muh pvp, muh nerfed magic builds
Fuck off you aspie. The PVP in the Souls ame was always an afterthought. These games have always been about exploration and atmosphere first and foremost, ever since the days of King's Field. And in this, DaS3 excels.

XDE

Irithyll is a garbage level and Irithyll Dunegon is worse than the levels it's copying

I'll wait for a DLC for final opinion.

So far, it's a mixed bag. Good game, for sure, but still a disappointment in many ways.

Just wanna say Magic is still plenty powerful in the game, it just isn't blindingly op like it has been in the past.

this game has no atmosphere though, half the atmosphere is tried to have were ideas already used in previous games, and those games were lacking in atmosphere as well

des, the first half of das1, and bloodborne are the only games with a solid feeling of atmosphere, and reusing ideas or entire areas doesn't exactly give off anything

>fan service: the game

It's also way too short and one of the easier games in the series. I will say boss fights were generally good but I would only put the nameless king on a top ten list of best bosses from the entire series.

I only like these games playing them blind when they first come out though.

pretty good i say its either third or second best

>undead settlement
4 bonfires, 2 diverging paths
>Cathedral of the Deep
Good
>Irithyll of the Boreal valley
Short, Shit and linear. Easily impresses graphicsbabies
>Irithyll Dungeon
Its alright
>Lothric Castle
Awful. I hope your talking about Grand Archives portion only.

Bloodborne does better than all of these. In fact only Cathedral of the Deep, Dungeon and Grand Archives follow Bloodborne's 1 bonfire/lamp for the entire level idea, and as a result are best in DS3.

Would be better if it didn't have so many shitty areas. Woods, swamp, smouldering lake, demon ruins, that awful catacombs, Cathedral.

>easy
Your third Souls game will naturally be the easiest.

literally the worst souls game

its entirely full of souls series fanwankery, so much that it barely has it's own identity,

it has tons of obvious rushed content, like Profaned Capital and Yhorm,

a few weird level transitions that make absolutely no sense,

it is entirely linear, with very little choice of direction, making it a chore to replay

among other issues.

Strange as it is to say, even DaS2 was more fun to play.

makes you wonder maybe it was solaire at the end

Worst in the series easily, and the most frustrating one to think about because of all the missed potential. Not a bad game still though.

Bait

DS1=DS3 >>>>>> shit >>>>>> Cred Forums >>>>>> /trash/ >>>>>> Cred Forums >>>>>>> DS2

the bosses were kind of forgettable outside of Abyss Watchers, (which was cool) and Gundyr.

Champion Gundyr is one of the best bosses in the series easily.

Nameless king was cool but I didnt find his boss fight very fun.

Deacons were Congregation done right

the final boss was cool, but a bid disappointing at the same time because he's pretty much just a giant player with player movesets, and his second phase is literally a rehash of Gwyn. It was cool, but not entirely original. And sort of spoiled by the fact that he's the poster armor

whoa there, looks like you made some errors, let me help you there.

DaS = DeS >DaS2 > King's Field 4 >>>>>>>>> DaS3

>These games have always been about exploration and atmosphere
So why do they make them more linear with each new installment? Why do they not bother including sequence breaks? Why do they use the hub system? Why is instant teleportation a thing? Why is almost every area outside of Undead Settlement and Road of Sacrifices linear as fuck? At this point if exploration was the thing you enjoyed the most in the series you are better off playing the King's Field games than DS3.

Undead settlement is the ONLY good place in DS3

Nameless's second phase was like a rolling tutorial. The first phase was much harder, but only due to that fire move and the camera's inability to deal with him.
Respect for recognizing Deacons, too. It's not a hard boss, and the whole encounter is designed to cause shock initially. To me, at least, it was great stuff.

>1st phase is hard
Are you a retard by chance?

because thats hard to do and both DaS2 and DaS3 were fucked by Bamco's meddling.

DaS2 was going to be an open world game, but Bamco nixed it, so they had to start over and shuffle everything into something similar to 1. then they had to downgrade it, because Bamco made them release it a gen early, so it wouldnt have to compete with Bloodborne, which they dont see a dime of.

DaS3 was started at the tail end of DaS/BB's development. (BB and DaS2 were developed more or less simultaneously) and it's clear that they were just out of ideas at that point. so they just rehashes as much as they could from BB and DaS1, tossed in some Demon's Souls references, and called it a day.

Nameless King is a fucking joke once you realize his AI is shit and can't account much for range. You can almost continuously bait him into using his lunge attack (which gives you generous hits on him) if you stay back far enough.

>So why do they make them more linear with each new installment?
Fair question.
>Why do they not bother including sequence breaks?
But they did. In DaS2 you can skip the 4 great old souls by amassing 1,000,000 souls. In DaS3 you can access Lothric Castle and everything beyond it up to the Grand Archives, right off the bat.
>Why do they use the hub system? Why is instant teleportation a thing?
Entrapments of the 7th gen.

nnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................

DS2 did have sequence breaks but less than 1 did. DS3 has exactly 1 sequence break which leads to a dead end

It was okay. But that's the problem. It doesn't live up to it's predecessors.

'dead end' is understating it. You get access to Lothric Castle, King's Garden, Untended Graves and everything in those areas: bosses, items, and titanite chucks. All available right off the bat.

>he PVP in the Souls ame was always an afterthought

A feature that has been highly praised for it's originality by critics and has been included in FOUR (4) different games is JUST an afterthought?

Yes.

You're making it sound like its something the size of blighttown when in reality its a set of hallways, a small swamp, and a rehash of the tutorial area.

I had fun not has hard as people like to say, some design are weak (nameless king), can't understand one bit of the story