In retrospect, Bioshock Infinite was a pretty good game

In retrospect, Bioshock Infinite was a pretty good game.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l_u18_BKczg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's a great game, Cred Forums tries to hard to hate it.

wait a minute that card

Great game, great story, no replay value.

That's my (correct) opinion.

I agree.

name a better looking Unreal 3 game

Hard Mode: No Arkham Knight

The final evolution of contrarianism?

>Not the first Bioshock game

Bad shooting. Story was a cluster fuck, a bad one at that, gameplay was not enjoyable. Only thing the game had going for it at the time was graphics

Red Orchestra 2

It's an okay game with an okay story that isn't nearly as deep as it pretends to be

>contrarianism
People love Infinite you deluded fucknugget, get off Cred Forums once in a while.

Honestly the game is fun. It's only real issue is that it's plot was trying to be 2smart4u. Other then that I really enjoyed playing it.

Boring arsenal, very boring level design, and the gear system isn't as deep or interesting as Bioshock tonics. Enemy variety took a step back as well. Not a bad game by any means but it has some serious issues.

Still disappointed the game they showed at E3 wasn't the game I paid for.

Wait a minute, that card...

Oh boy, this thread is going places!

not even close unfortunately

Matthew Matosis literally said nothing wrong. No matter how much you claim what he said is nitpicking, they are all valid true points that show no effort was put in the game

>no effort was put in the game
l o l
o
l

I wouldn't say good. Under all the glitter it's only an average shooter. The Elizabeth faps were good though.

It's a pretty terrible game that completely fails at everything it tries to achieve.

It wasn't bad.

Which already puts it above average in today's gaming world, so it's okay.

>muh light rays and bloom

my experience with the game summed up

youtube.com/watch?v=l_u18_BKczg

Turn off the bloom, dude.

turn up everything else

I don't hate it. I found it boring. Wasn't shit from what I played though.

Even Reddit hates the game

But I did. Any toaster can run UE3 games at max just fine, the bloom just hides the ugly bits.

those are not ultra textures/filtering. not even close. besides, I usually don't care for bloom but Infinite puts it to good use most of the time.

People are dumb, argumentum ad populum is as well.

>deluded fucknugget
Ironic.

Been awhile since I last played it, so I'm probably not remembering it correctly. Either way I prefer the game with the bloom off.

'no'

>argumentum ad populum
What the fuck are you talking about you thick cunt? For liking Infinite to be a contrarian opinion, it has to be unpopular, and it literally isn't. Did you even read the post I was replying to?

that area in particular is by far the worst offender with bloom. just an ugly color combination, and really muted lighting overall. bloom without any of the good bits. the rest of the game fares much better

bioshock 1 and 2 were not particularly brainy games but this shit was so dumbed down it was comical

Incorrect, the game and the story were shit.

You know where you're posting, right?

>It wasn't bad.
But it wasn´t good either, and when there is more expressedly good to play than you ever could even with 24/7 free time and no need to eat or sleep, there is no reason for anyone to play it, or, god forbid, REplay it.

Yes.

It was boring as fuck with no replay value so it wasn't a good game, and just like me3 I refuse to acknowledge it's existance it's a fucking disgrace.

a place where good games are called shit because they're made in the west.

not that user

>liking westacuck shit
Which are you, a nu male, or an SJW? Or both?

lol

Yeah, it was so popular they had to lay off 75% of the dev team and kill the franchise. They're like, "Shit, we're never going to do better than this. Better be jobless."

But it is universally proven to be a bad game and derided on Cred Forums, so the contrarianism here would be to go against this consensus.

The people who love it are "normies" who don´t know any games but those that have tv ads, so remarking that "people love it" invokes evidence by publicity, which is argumentatively flawed.

Normies didn't like it either. It was literally just reviewers afraid to look stupid for not getting the mess of a plot.

The combat was unsatisfying, the guns felt like peashooters, the story was stupid and the characters were generic. The original shit they had planned for Infinite was way better than what the final product was.

People only like it because they were told to like it, debate me.

Are you unironically claiming that it wasn't a financial success?

Bioshock Infinite was a great game trapped in a bad one.

It was boring as fuck and pretentious.

>it is universally proven to be a bad game
This literally doesn't mean anything at all.
>so the contrarianism here would be to go against this consensus
No, you don't get specify what population defines the "norm". The natural assumption would be gamers at large.

biggest meme ive ever played

Actually it was pretty lame, I even regret playing it even if I didn't pay for it. I could have spent that time replaying the original Bioshock and had a better time. It was really shallow shooter-wise, the story wasn't really engaging, and not even the DLC made it any better. I guess it exists, but I can't really give it any more credit than that.

>pretentious
I bet this is your go-to meme criticism for anything that goes over your head :^)

This pretty much.

Also in terms of the main antagonist being a different timeline/ parallel you Infamous did it better.

>Your choice doesn't matter in the end
>Your ending is the same
>Liking this much changes from the original
>Liking something that had THIS MUCH content cut out
>No Songbird Boss Battle
>Inferior game mechanics

Yeah no. I'd rather the first two...

arin.jpg

I wouldn't call it great, but it's good for an FPS game. There's a lot of color and variety and the tonics are fun to use.

I just hate how so many things have been removed or dumbed down from Bioshock 2, which to me is the hightlight of the entire series.

/thread

>he thinks there's anyone out there that is saying infinite is better than the first one

>I wouldn't call it great, but it's good for an FPS game

No it isn't.

The whole story is a grandfather paradox its not complex its not thought out is db and it assumes you the player are dumb its a pretentious game made by a pretentious cunt now kill yourself

I had fun with it. I've played far worse games but it wasn't amazing either. Game felt like huge wasted potential. Especially looking back on the trailers where it looked like a different and better game. I really would like to hear the inside story about what the fuck happened during development.

Worse than DNF.

Well what else came out in 2011?

Crysis 3, Call of Duty Ghosts, Aliens CM, X-Com the Bureau.

The only good FPS from that year that I can remember was Blood Dragon

The only people who like it who I know is my reddit-browsing cousin who couldn't even finish Far Cry 3, and my reddit-browsing sister who unironically thinks that it and skyrim are the best games ever made.

WAIT

no and i'll start referring to these games as "quality" rather than good/bad because you can't deny every aspect of these AAA games besides the actual gameplay systems are top notch (usually)
SS BFE

I messed up, Bioshock Infinite came out in 2013

in retrospect: objectively no
it was overrated as fuck
gameplay was shit-tier

>great story
DUDE. MULTIVERSES. LMAO.
lazy writing at it's worst

Guilty Gear
Asura's Wrath

I haven't played this game since it came out but I've been replaying them and I'm about halfway through Bioshock 2 now.

People just love riding Levine's dick

Same reason why Bioshock 2 gets so much hate while being actually good

was

then I beat it

then I didn't have the heart to replay it.

>beat the game
>wanting to go back and collect some achievements/trophies
>can't change the difficulty of the game you just beat.. you have to play through the game on a different difficulty..
FUCK THAT

>2011

That cant be true, most pretensious bullshit story in gaming, and more plot holes than your moms ass. And these are huge plotholes