How important is voice acting to you Cred Forums? Do you think it's a waste of resources?

How important is voice acting to you Cred Forums? Do you think it's a waste of resources?

If it's david hayter yeah it's a waste

Yes, but so is story, plots in videogames are all garbage.

Depends. Would skyrim be better with no voice acting? probably not. Would it be better if it had better/(more resources for) voice acting? fuck yeah.

Hearing that voice of the courier everywhere pisses me off.

voice acting killed the RPG Genre.

Prove me wrong.

it saves me time from reading everything. it also helps immersion, so I value it.

Nope
Sorry
Nothing

reading is like three times as fast as listening to the faggot acting it out

This.
Immersive worlds are dead because lazy faggots don't want to read.

You must be a very slow reader.

waste of resources, especially in an RPG

this

Don't really care about it, but bad voice acting can ruin games.

this

voice acting literally ruined RPGĀ“s, just look at Fallout 3 & 4

>Persona 5 is delayed 5 months to accommodate English VA.

I'm perturbed that the voice acting got in the way. I should have learned Japanese.

Depends on the game. It's really helpful in something like Ace Combat where you ain't got time to read because you're trying to not get your ass handed to you.

depends on how long it is. I'm not a slow reader but tend to reread lines if I think I read it wrong.

Why would you think you read it wrong?
Try carefully reading and actually mentally engaging with what you read instead of just skimming it

>Why would you think you read it wrong?
bad writing and terrible spacing.

stop playing weeaboo shit

I'm a stickler for your native language + subtitles. Whether you're Czech, French, German, Japanese, I don't give a shit, I always want to hear what your sound designers/you wanted from that actor you thought would be PERFECT for the part in YOUR sound booth.

Sometimes you get good dubs, but for every Jennifer Hale in the industry you get your Ashly Burch.

yes, all that fucking budget and time could have been distributed more effectiffly.

Take FO4 for example, all that fucking time and recourses so your character can speak.

Wow.

4 different options.

I don't care. There's like only 10 western VA and like a gorillian jap VA who sound mostly the same.

I don't play that shit. still haven't played the one weeb game I have.

>I don't give a shit, I always want to hear what your sound designers/you wanted from that actor you thought would be PERFECT for the part in YOUR sound booth.
Me too.

For some reason people tend to prefer dubs.

This is the opinion of fags