How is your country/nation usually portrait in vidya? Positive, negative, or is it just never used?

How is your country/nation usually portrait in vidya? Positive, negative, or is it just never used?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OfGcIURPjAU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Pittsburgh area has been portrayed twice in recent memory.
>Zombie infested post apocalypse
>Slaver infested post apocalypse

Canada: Only ever mentioned in passing in the background of games. And i am OK with that.

Russians are usually trying to capture our burger restaurants and destroy our statues.

>americancer thinks their city is a nation

colour me fucking shocked.

Russia
I think my country is portrayed quite realistically in a lot of games.

>colour

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Guacamelee

Eh it's ok

>americunt uses English (Simplified)

colour me fucking shocked.

>America-obsessed europoor at it again

You just can't keep us out of your mouth

I don't know. Has any video game named Argentina ever?

Forgive them, they could never get the spelling right.
Also it's a Megadrive not a Genesis

nigga fuck you even if it is a better sounding name

Either Doctors or Nazis.

WHO WON TEH WAR YOU BRITISH FUCK

never used
t. finland

There's that GTA4 character and that hot black girl pilot in IGPX but outside that I don't think I've ever seen PR in a videogame.

The russians did.

The Jews.

>Northern Ireland

It isn't.

Statehood when?

Polska gets very little aside from some mentions in WW2 games but I'm holding out hope for a Winged Hussar hero in Overwatch.

Soon™

There was two fronts you dongle.

Norway.

>one mission in world in conflict takes place in northern norway and you get to use norwegian special forces that speak in norwegian
>one mission in return to castle wolfenstein
>Hammerfest, Norway is mentioned in a cinematic in command & conquer 1.
>one mission in either cod1 or 2 where you are onboard a german ship on the coast of norway.

Besides these 4. Not counting Norway being represented in sports games. I can't really think of any more.

It's usually sweden or denmark who gets used in games that uses anything "scandinavian".

Mad Max Wasteland
And i love it

>being this anally agitated

Australia isn't really depicted that much. We have MadMax but that's a wasteland that happens to be Australia. Other than that we only have characters from Australia (Spunkrat, that thin-blood guy from VTM etc).

I'm pretty sure the newsroom level of Deus Ex: HR took place in Canada.

America is the best country on earth with the best supernatural monsters and even though it's pretty young there's tons of history and cool places to see. It's a cultural melting pot so you can include lots of fun stereotypes of people from around the world.
The only time America isn't the best is when Japan needs to be, and even then America is a huge deal and the only nation advanced enough to rival them.

>Japanese games about America
>AMERICA! FUCK YEAH! Big boobs and Santa Claus! Hawaii and Hollywood! Ham and Eggs! Rosewell and Texas!

>American games about America
>America is evil. Capitalism is evil. White men are evil. Military is evil. Good looking girls are evil...

Wasn't CoD Ghosts some bullshit about a latinamerican alliance?

I know a guy from Austalia, and he really does view the world like that. He hates everyone (except Chinese girls which he obsesses over).

>American games about Japan
>JAPAN FUCK YEAH SAMURAIS AND NINJA AND SUSHI AND GIANT ROBOTS AND TITTY ANIME AND CRAZY BULLSHIT

>Japanese games about Japan
>Japan is lost. We are unmotivated and pointless. Everyone is corrupt.

It's almost like there's a tendency to romanticize foreign cultures in art

or that it's easiest to criticize your own culture because it's what you're most familiar with

I'm sure it's really a jew conspiracy or something though

Yeah, but I think Argentina was not involved.

I live in Sweden. I have never played a game set in Sweden. I wish there was one. DICE is set in Sweden. They should have a game set in Stockholm to be unique, but that will never happen. It's a sad world I live in.

Came here to post this.

any video games that take place in Mexico? i know for sure rainbow six vegas does that.

have a video game that takes place on "not colombia/guatemala"

Also

>moaning about how much better Japan is
>posting "argh.jpg" of cute 'Japanese' girl who is superior asian waifu
>says KOREA right on the fucking thing she's holding

Uruguay. I've never even seen it mentioned in games.

Was Bosnia portrayed in any game except in Command&Conquer where Sarajevo was the main base of the baddies?

>Japanese games about Japan
>Japan is lost. We are unmotivated and pointless. Everyone is corrupt.
But that's not true. You can probably find a few games that do this. But the majority of Japanese games aimed at Japan show a very idealistic view of Japan. And try to appeal directly to what's popular with the younger generation.

They don't have this overwhelming surge of self hate and liberal ideology like American games do.

Never... everytime we force you bitches to vote on it you decided you don't want to be a state. Then you bitch how you're not a state.

Well, there's always Civilization V.

Sweden, Netherlands, Germany AND Denmark? Fucking stupid.

>play game set in Sweden
>50% of players credits are deducted and sent to the government

I think this takes place in Mexico and not New Mexico, but the good twin is with the US government so I really don't remember what the story is.
It's pretty fun though, like GTA with bullet time and jumping cars between rooftops. On PC too.

Brazil
eh its okay

When has Portugal even been a place in a game.

Actually, Finland has been in few games. In some WW2 RTS games have had couple (winter)maps that are usually set on somewhere in Karelia peninsula.
Warthunder has one winter map that it is set on some Finnish village. World of Tanks has 2 maps, other is set on summer in Karelia, and other is winter map (again.)

Also in some very old NFS game there was finland map that had snow and windmills (!)

Never seen Israel in vidya

>Hungary
Nobody cared who i was until i built a fence

>England.
>Only game that comes to mind is Getaway Black Monday.
>Trigger happy cop in Tac19, underground boxer and some girl that sneaks around and steals shit from companies are the player characters.
>Set in London and everything is really gray and there is literal shit on the street.
>Cocaine mattress in one of the leves also has shit rubbed into it.

I mean, sure. London is a terrible place to live overall but come on.
I guess Allison Road was set in Manchester but I don't think it was anything more than a demo.

So England is depicted piss poor overall.

I have yet to see Mexico anything.
Good

Add more concrete and shantytowns and you got a pretty accurate version of Puerto Jodio.

>tfw Canada
>relegated to "cold level where everybody has a quebec accent"

play some games then you hurrit
t. not åland

In Etrian Odyssey Untold, one of the main characters comes from the far-away land of "Canada", where they eat snow covered with maple syrup

destroy all humans 2 have london as a territory to attack,
also C&C 3

south park shitted on canada for like 1/3rd of the game senpai

It was really jarring playing for the first time in this fantasy world and seeing "Toronto" casually said.

guacamelee is mexico i think.

also probably mgrr? never played it

Pittsburgh is not a country or nation.

I fucked up, she says she's from Ontario, even though that implies Canada exists.

Still best girl though

>Canada
>where they eat snow covered with maple syrup
Didn't know the EO games had such a penchant for realism.

America is always portrayed as the hero. There are a lot of gubment conspiracies, but I wouldn't really count that.

More specifically, Saint Louis is almost never represented. Last game that had it was Resistance 3.
>mfw they have the arch when it's not fucking accurate at all

/s/USA/UK
shouldn't you be watching football and getting loaded to Andy C

because that's not a country

Fallout tactics have St Louis as a super mutant fortress, and let me tell you, they did an excellent work on that.

Has Chile ever been mentioned?

If it has, it probably was portrayed like a place without any technology or urban infrastructure where people ride horses or something like that.

I'm not surprised, given political sensitivities.

There are grand strategy games with Isreal. but you don't actually get to see it from the ground level, it's just a name on the map.

The Saladin campaign in AoE2 features a mission called "Siege of Jerusulum", but I'm not sure if that's technically what you're looking for.

There's some Middle-Eastern developed FPS games, wherin you play attack the Isreali military, but yet again probably not what I think you're looking for.

as nazis ...

Israel is in Civ V.

>

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (or was it 3?) had Vancouver, Washington as one of the campaign maps.

It was super fucking eerie to play through. It's never mentioned by name, but the layout of the map is IDENTICAL to the three block radius around where my roommate works, right on down to the generic, non-copywrited taco place where the real-life Taco Bell is.

Fellow PRbro reporting in

Only with mods. Its still not an official civ, despite having 8 other Semite civs.

GRAW 1 & 2?

If you didn't think they're good, keep in mind that the PC and console versions play differently from each other

>Money being in better supply than courage, subsidies instead of weapons are employed to buy off enemies. To justify this departure from ancient tradition, the human mind easily devises its own justification. Military readiness, or aggressiveness, is denounced as primitive and immoral. Civilised peoples are too proud to fight. The conquest of one nation by another is declared to be immoral. Empires are wicked.
>This intellectual device enables us to suppress our feeling of inferiority, when we read of the heroism of our ancestors, and then ruefully contemplate our position today. ‘It is not that we are afraid to fight,’ we say, ‘but we should consider it immoral.’ This even enables us to assume an attitude of moral superiority.

That's why

Croatia
As far as vidya is concerned we dont exist. Cant even think of a croat character

sauce?

>implying

>As far as vidya is concerned we dont exist
Are you serious?

Nobody ever uses Memphis either. I've always wanted to play a game that takes place in my city.

you deserve it you piece of shit kraut

Isn't a part of Mass Effect set in Vancouver?

Also Deus Ex HR has a Montreal segment

There's this weird game about Werewolves, Sang-Froid that's set in Quebec

Mentioned in Fallout

I assume there are Canada maps in numerous multiplayer games.

>Canada gets flat out annexed by the U.S. and later nuked by China in the Fallout series

>mfw

There's a whole game set in Iron Age Finland.

:^)

In Max Payne 3.

>Germany
We are evil, have super sci-fi technology, summon zombies and old kings, can kill buildings with swords, always the bad guys, blonde, blue eyed, /fit/, fat, smart, dumb...

and don't forget

>all things that make the ubermench, i.e. Hitler had the right idea

Killing Floor
zombiu
and GTA London
Don't know any others though

They only ever show London or some rural idyll where they take parts of Somerset, Dorset and a dash of Kent, and then call it Hamshire or something.
It would be nice to have a few games in the North, you know. Like a Moors Murders point and click, or a Haceinda Music Club manager sim.

The stage is literally named "Canada"

youtube.com/watch?v=OfGcIURPjAU

>everyone talking about their nations like is supossed to be
>americans talking about their crappy cities because they believe USA is something bigger than a nation
How much till China takes over the world and americans get BTFO?

Thats Brazil you fuckhead

>always the bad guys
This is accurate though.

When's the last time Germany was on the winning side of history?

Only 5 years.

>that's a wasteland that happens to be Australia.
m8, NT IS Mad Max, no wasteland about it.

>Singapore
Popping up quite a bit recently as a generic high-tech city in the near future.

>trying to distance yourself from other humans through the use of labels

wake up

Psst

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games

There is a Hammerfest mission in Tiberian Sun.

Don't remember Denmark being in any game (although I haven't played any Hitman)

Read the OP again

this time we will destroy europe

>Belgium
Only things that come to mind

>people get this upset over USA
Only makes it that much better to Americapost

>taiwan
>almost never even mentioned, othertimes already conquered by china

>Chile
Zeno Clash I and II are set in a fictional Chile called Zenozoik, overrun by mythological and legendary Chilean creatures from our folklore.

I don't think I've seen this country anywhere else in vidya.

XCom Newfoundland level

Fuck my dream game has always been GTA-PR

With the fuckery going on here R* would have a great story to tell AND we would get a whole island (and extra little ones) to mess around in

>you will never look for AyyLmao or chupacabras in el Yunque

Take a guess where I live

It looks like a dried-out Chile but it's close I guess.

It's only because USA is full of annoying, arrogant, and stupid people, not because it's a great power.

Yeah, a game that glorifies crime and violence is exactly what this island needs.

argentinian guy is a drug dealer or gets kill in argentina by a gang or another drug dealer every fucking time.
Last one was in uncharted 4 i think.

The only one not following this was call of duty ghost , where united latino american countrys started a war with USA and they actually won destroying all that country with some lazer militar satelite something something.
The story was shit anyway , and you see how it will end from the start.
We are all evil , murica is savior the of the world , they somehow pull the win out of nowhere and "happy ever after"

You ok?

>Belgium
>a country

Pick one

LAS MALVINAS