ITT: Game mechanics that stupid people hate because they don't understand them

ITT: Game mechanics that stupid people hate because they don't understand them.

I understand it completely and I think its a very poorly thought out system you contrarian faggot.

Are the servers still up?

sorry, it is shit. but don't worry, the game is still among the best.

whats so great about it, OP?

Yup. I managed to twink a few people in the Old Monk fight last night.

No fucking way gonna play through it again right now

Gothic controls, they actually feel very natural when you understand them

the idea is neat, but that's about it

Coversystem in DoW2

I understood it just fine but I found it to be really annoying to work with. It's also poorly explained and very difficult to comprehend without outside resources.

Demon's Souls with improved or removed tendency would be fucking amazing.

People hate it because they understand it. You shouldn't be locked out of content for dying once or connecting to the Internet.

Soul memory

Can you ever really be locked out of content? At worst you just have to play offline for a little bit to get tendency where you want it, right?

OP YOU EITHER EXPLAIN WHATS SO GREAT ABOUT IT OR ADMIT THAT YOU YOURSELF ARE A STUPID PERSON

As soon as you connect online, the tendency jumps all over the place. At best, play offline until you get whatever items you're going for but still, it's a stupid annoyance.

Looks like someone was born too late for the THAC0 party.

dwarf fortress magma pump death room engineering

Nice try, memer

>You shouldn't be locked out of content for dying once

NEO-Cred Forums EVERYBODY

>Can you ever really be locked out of content?
You can miss out on all Pure White only content if you died a couple of times in human form and don't have enough bosses left to boost you back up. You'd have to wait for new game+.

You aren't locked out 100% but you might be forced to go to NG+ if no one invades you or if you don't have online connectivity, and I don't think most would agree that having to start the entire game over is a good solution.

Driving in gta4 was the best driving and people hated it because it was too much fun.

Not him but Soul Memory is not a problem at all. I completely forgot it exists while playing. If Cred Forums isn't as casual as they claim then you shouldn't have had any issues.

In that case slvl comparison is also not a problem because it never bothered me. Soul memory doesn't do what it intended to do, period. At best it is something that doesn't bother you and at worst it is a shitty solution to a problem.

>I have a great idea, let's fuck you over in PvP for mistakes you made in PvE, permanently!
>hold on, that doesn't sound righ-
>GIT GUD SCRUB, ONLY TOTAL NOOBS EVER LOSE SOULS OR BUY ITEMS

This. It's the main reason DaS2's PvP is so good. DaS3's SL 80 meta is a fucking joke.

ICEPICK LODGE MASTER RACE REPORTING

Turn-based.

World tendency was an interesting mechanic but it could have been implemented a bit better, since the way it was connected online meant it would always drift to neutral and it made it much more awkward to manipulate than it should be.
Also webm related.

Junctioning in FFVIII
Broken and OP sure, but most people seem to complain about it because they simply don't understand refining. The system isn't obtuse or anything. Go into your GF menu and just look at their skills. You'll fucking see refining abilities. Learn them, refine some items and start messing around in the junction menu.

>locked out of content
this would only happen if you don't understand the mechanic though

Smart scope in Halo 5

>all these people claiming it's ADS and it turns Halo 5 into COD when it's mechanically identical to the zoom halo has always had, except on more guns and also acting as an alt fire mode for some, which helps weapon balance

Dis nigga