Play FFVII as a teenager

>Play FFVII as a teenager
>Cid is treated as an old man because he's 32
>Laugh along and think that makes sense
>Replay the game now that I'm 28
>Don't laugh even a little bit

It's not funny to you because you're an old man now.

>turn 30 in two months

Oh well. At least Cid is fucking cool.

It's still kind of funny. They call him an old man because of his skin. He's a chain smoker, puffs up after every battle. Makes your skin look awful.

>21 years old
>prefer to play men pushing 50 when I play RPGs

What does this say about me?

32 is ancient in Japan

What changes from 20 to 30?

You probably understand the value and capability of an experienced man.

Not him, but 30 year old here
Absolutely nothing if you don't change it.

I know that's cliche as fuck but it's more true for 20s entering 30s than anyone else. These are the years where you set yourself up for your life, one way or another, and no one is going to push you into anything anymore. If you want to make 30 different from 20, it's on you.

Kinda expected that. With this amount of brain problems it's really not looking good.
Oh well.

The weird part is that Barret is older.

I don't consider anyone old until they hit 50. At this point I actually prefer to play as older characters in vidya and gravitate toward games with good character creation.

30 here.

Still getting my shit together but I'm way more calm and confident. Can detect bullshit a mile away and I'm a lot more forgiving and patient compared to how much of a 'black and white' edge lord I was as a younger guy. Going through serious shit and taking up meditation helped me a lot.

>23
>look like 16
I don't like this

>25
>look like 18

It's always managed to work in my favor somehow even though it is pretty goddamn annoying. I imagine looking young will always be in our favor.

I had back surgery at 28. So all of my body is a dull pain.

Yeah and you won't even be half as cool as him.

I'm 20 and I look like I'm 14.
At least I'll be able to bang 18 year olds when I'm still 27

Is beating your wife cool? Because I can do that. It's going to be cut in the remake

>was 16
>get asked who I was gonna vote
>was 18
>go buy beer
>didn't get carded
...I should have tried buying booze earlier.

>Cid 30
What?
Was I the only one who thought he was like 50?

Dudes portrait looks NOTHING like a 30 year old.

At least you can use it to bang someone...

If they're going to make Cid's and his wife's relationship into a bit more than just a SJW-triggering gag like in the original then I'm fine with it. It's not like it was like the honeybee manor that was actually funny.

I was like 9 years old when I played Final Fantasy 7 and I thought the whole Old Man thing was weird as fuck and stupid. It's some dumb Japanese bullshit.

This is a 35 year old.

Is it because asians love killing themselves?

cid best character

No, you're going to love it. The older you get the better you're going to look. Pic related.

>tfw manly jaw and good beard
>already at 22
Man do I feel genuinely bad for women. Sometimes it doesn't happen, but so often they get so ugly with age.

your dick is not as hard

You slowly but surely feel your body begin to decline.

>23
>Look 16 if clean shaven.
>Look 28 if neck beard is grown.

Is his backdrop a giant ass or something?

>26
>more depressed than ever
>have given up entirely on my education
>gonna work part time the rest of my life
>never do anything creative

Life is death.

yeah, cid's pretty cool

Nothing, like when you turn 18

>27
>Still look 15

Genetics have been good to me,
for now

>22
>beard
>already feel jaded
>look closer to 30 probably
I'm not gonna live far past 60 am I.

ALL greentext stories suck ass.

Greentext is done to help the post-literate era Millennials process Cred Forums, their atrophied brains can not process more than five words in a row. Paragraphs to them are undecipherable 'walls of text'. Greentext breaks info into 'byte'-sized chunks to help the spoon-feeding of data to Millennials. Also millennials are all jobless & broke and can only access the Internet through cellphones their mom gave them for Christmas, so they can only see tiny parts of a webpage at a time. Greentext again makes things small enough for Millennials to have a chance of understanding what's going on.

Oh shit, guys - it's DarkTrip2 !nNThBA7CKU!
Hi, DarkTrip2 !nNThBA7CKU! How's it going?

>tfw you don't feel you have changed since you were 15

>28
>looked the same since 21 give or take a few pounds
>chest hair suddenly popped in mid 20s
>hairline still the same
>still can't grow beard
>only scratchy patches that I must shave every morning

Cids pretty cool though.

>>only scratchy patches that I must shave every morning
Fucking hell man, hate this shit

will we be alive to witness the end of berserk

Your energy goes down a bit and if you're not a sperglord neet you'll start to have a lot less patience for younger people, and realize that there really is something to the assertion that older people make all the time about young people being dumb as fuck.

because holy shit 18 year olds are so fucking retarded and naive it's not even funny

Isn't Barret 47?

>play FFVII as a teenager
>Barrett is treated like Corel going to shit is entirely his fault for no reason whatsoever
>be really confused because seriously, why do they blame him, they all wanted that Mako plant and joined on convincing Dyne to go along with it, if anything they should blame Shinra for fucking up their town for no reason
>replay the game later
>no seriously why did they blame him it makes no fucking sense

is this some Japanese thing or what

Asians have a fucked up sense of aging. They expect you to have kids by 18.

Adult Link is 17, and Toon Link is also 17 since he became as old as the Hero of Time when the game starts. Ryo from Shenmue turned 18 on the day of his father's murder.

>when you grow up and realize just how much people get ahead in life with their genetics alone
>people having full beards, wide frames and perfect teeth despite whatever they do
>meanwhile you have to put in so much effort just to look decent and people still comment on your scruffy look because "scruffy" is as good as you can get it

>and Toon Link is also 17 since he became as old as the Hero of Time when the game starts.

No he's fucking ten, same as when OoT Link set out on his adventure and pulled out the master sword

No but when Berserk goes full Idolm@ster then you may feel free to end yourself.

27 here

I have 3 years to get my shit together then

I don't I can do it.

>tfw obsessed with perfect jaw line and chin so I keep staring at other guys and myself when in front of the mirror or pictures i'm in

THIS thread again...

>friends and I are in 30s
>friends used to give me shit for how young I look
>"HAHA user has a baby face. Can't even grow a beard." or jokingly ask me if I'm old enough to drink
>they all look like they're 40 now, thinning hair or balding
>no longer give me shit about looking young
>still look younger, just slightly more mature now but still have thick head of hair, etc.

Enjoy it, user. Take it as a compliment when someone IDs you or you get told you look younger.

Pretty sure he's 32-ish in FFVII.

>23
>still 5'7
>older and shorter than all my favourite rpg characters

Do girls in their 30s like man that look way younger?

fuck off grandpa

>identify with cid more as you get older as everyone else seems like autistic teenagers

I thought he was 35, yet Cid was the one they joked as being old.
Don't get me wrong, he acts like a real miserly bastard though.

You become a wizard. Those powers are going to kick in any day now...

He is black, may as well be guilty.

Nothing much, really.

Aside from the crippling realization that young people are extremely obnoxious, and you used to be one of them.

Are you me

>dad strength
>slower reactions
>more confident
>shit that seemed impossible is easier now
>can figure out most mechanical things from previous experience
>move with more conservation of energy
>don't need to fap so much

>be 24
>look 30, bald

It's okay, I don't think I'm attractive but it helps with my work.

Dunno. I've barely dated and even then I've never dated anyone around my age. The last girl I was with was 24 and that was when I just hit 30. Probably just comes down to preference.

I guess there is a difference between looking like a young boy and just looking younger. The former is a bit of a curse but I've seen dudes just roll with it and be somewhat successful. The latter just means you'll age a bit smoother by what I can tell but even grizzled or older looking anons can look suave in a rugged way as long as they take care of themselves. Guys typically age better than women anyway.

see I'm here >Aside from the crippling realization that young people are extremely obnoxious, and you used to be one of them.
and since about 4 I always felt this about people around my age until around the time I turned 20.
But I've come to realize I was obnoxious in different ways. It's ok to err on some level as long as you learn from your mistakes.

ugh, this is me

>be 22
>work at store across the street from a high school
>high school girls pass by
>a lot of them are very attractive
>always look at them and think lewd thoughts
>I'm reminded daily that I'm a creep for even thinking about them
>can't stop
>will never do anything about it though

>tfw I missed out on high school girls

>Be 24
>Started going on Cred Forums in 2010
>I've wasted a quarter of my life on a dumb meme website I got bored of years ago, but still end up going to every day

>be 23
>visiting Cred Forums since 2010
>come back daily
>can't imagine a world without it

I remember moot saying he's been visiting Cred Forums everyday and that he doesn't know what he would do without it. I'm glad you guys are a part of my life even though I hate you guys.

>mfw babyface, patchy shaggy beard, teenager voice and balding fast at age 22

>ywn bring a girl home to "study" in your room as your parents jokingly tease you as you move as fast as you can with her up the stairs to close the door behind you

Honestly, I feel like I really should stop going on Cred Forums, just because I waste a lot of time here, and there really isn't much on the boards I go to that I haven't already seen.

>you will never get caught getting a handjob from a cute girl forever embarrassing her

But we accept you and talk with you about things others don't.

Isn't that why were here?