Legend of Heroes: Cold Steel

I can't believe a JRPG series like this has been under my radar for so long. I've honestly not had this much fun with a JRPG series in years.
The last series that had this much of an impact on me was Tales and that series has turned to shit roughly 8 years ago, not releasing a decent game since then.
But Cold Steel and Cold Steel 2 have been amazing. And I can jump right into the TiTS trilogy once I finish up my playthrough. And going by the length of the Cold Steels I'll probably have the Crossbell games to dig into once I finish TiTS.
I love this idea of an interconnected series of games that can be played separately but together form a whole. I've never seen it done before. Nihon Falcom's got another life-long fan in me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ktB7fpuf69M
youtube.com/watch?v=lnF4S1eUkJA
youtube.com/watch?v=7LCTZuJrk8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=aV2siwUmlR8
youtube.com/watch?v=8i2doN33__8
youtube.com/watch?v=eVdVKOOuRec
nyaa.se/?page=search&cats=6_24&filter=0&term=Trails of cold steel
youtube.com/watch?v=IZSVrl3i3Zk&t=7m44s
youtube.com/watch?v=QWDB_JPYNOg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Your post reads like its straight from a steam review.

I'll be honest, it's been a while since I enjoyed a game this much as well. I'm slightly worried about jumping into Sky though as I've heard the mechanics might seem a bit outdated after CS

I'm not sure what you mean by that. I just really love these games, and it's been a while since I was this invested in a series. The weirdest thing about it is that I hadn't even heard of the series until I saw some threads on here. It completely flew over my head.

have a bump, I share your sentiment even if you're being cheesy

I get this way, I'm sorry I guess. I suppose I should post a cute girl and say something funny next time I want to start a Cold Steel thread. Just wanted to share my heartfelt opinion. I really, really love these games.

PC WHEN?

>And going by the length of the Cold Steels I'll probably have the Crossbell games to dig into once I finish TiTS.
Can you read runes or are you just a funny guy?

This post has convinced me not to finish SC because i'm too fucking lazy and i'll just start COLD STEEL

Considering getting Cold Steel on my Vita, should i?

be careful not to scratch the screen

I understand your feelings, I've started playing Trails in the Sky FC around christmas last year and I've been working on going through the whole series since then. Currently playing Ao no Kiseki Evo.

I think he's implying Crossbell will be translated by the time he finishes the Sky trilogy.

Do it user, people will tell you otherwise, but the Cold Steels are incredible and improve so much of the groundwork laid down in Sky.

If you don't have a PS3, sure. It really is a polished game. I prefer playing lengthy JRPGs on a console instead of a handheld, but everyone's different

So he's a funny guy then.

Towa

dubully

Sure they are dated but I reckon it nice seeing it's roots. It has a superior orbment system, arts and positioning actually matter. And crafts weren't overpowered as fuck. Like shit man, full heal your team with K.O and M range? Jesus that's like an s-craft. Makes sense that they got read of La Tear/a

Actually I really miss arranging the quartz to get the best arts.

>have had $31 in PSNbux just sitting there for months
>haven't liked a JRPG since SNES/PSX era
>keep hearing nothing but absolutely glowing reviews for Coldsteel
>conflicted as fuck

Do I pull the trigger? I have all systems it's available on but am leaning towards Vita since I'm using it more at home and at work. Is the Vita an "inferior" version to the PS4, or would I not be missing much?

I've played a couple of hours of TiTS but dropped it in order to finish my CS playthrough. How long does it take for you to get a third party member? Combat was really slow and repetitive for the hours I played it.

Do you like JRPGs? And the Vita version is okay. It has some lag issues here and there, but overall it's okay.

Loving cold steel so far. I really wish I jumped on this game earlier. Falcom does great work with characterization and world building. Seeing even minor NPCs have little plot arcs over the course of the days is a real nice touch that not many games do. The orbment/quartz system is absolutely fantastic, reminds me a bit of FF7s materia.

If I was going to level a complaint at the game, I'd say that the standard battle theme is very repetitive, and hearing it dozens of times gets a bit grating. I know it kind of comes with the JRPG territory, but having a few standard battle themes to randomly switch between would really help to mitigate the tedium that's inherent with turn based RPGs.

The boss/tough fight theme is fucking ace though, dem fiddles.

youtu.be/ktB7fpuf69M

Can I assume everything bad happening in the series is because of Osborne?

WHAT THE FUCK IS BERYL?

Hamel was inside job

There's basically no differences at all. It depends on your preferences. I prefer playing JRPGs at home on my large-screen TV. If you don't mind playing on a portable and have more opportunities to do so, go Vita. To be honest, the PS3 version looks like an upscaled early PS2 game at best so graphics shouldn't come into the equation.

Also, get it regardless. You won't be disappointed at all. The series is actually quite reminiscent of SNES/PSX era JRPGs. I can't even explain how much I enjoyed stepping into this world.

Definitely not. I don't think he has any influence in Calvard. Not only that, but the man is not all evil, considering how he abandoned his son to the Schwarzers, or rather he gave him up to protect him. Most likely the Hamal incident is what changed him to be the man he is today.

Nice try Osborne.

Which game has the better story, TiTS or Cold Steel?

Why is Laura so perfect?

Best girl

Its in PS3 not 4 though Cold Steel 3 might be PS4 exclusive. Shit user a don't know, combat is as polished as you can get in a JRPG, it has every feature to make it easier on the player,

>Fast travel
>Retry on death
>Swapping team during combat
>Enemies show on the map

But at the same time it's a heavy JRPG, probably 60% of the game is going through text and you might find the characters cliche in the beginning.

I prefer JRPGs on handheld though. Its got frame drops in like 2 npc areas never during combat but w/e.

Not sure, around the end of Chapter 1 so like 8 hours?

>Not sure, around the end of Chapter 1 so like 8 hours?
And does getting a new party member flesh out the battle system a bit? At the moment it's just Estelle casting a spell, Joshua doing his Dual Slash thing and if not that, it's trying to get characters to attack enemies but not bloody reaching them, making me miss a turn. Guess I should get some MOV quartz when I can.

>crafts weren't overpowered as fuck.

Yes they were.

Right, replaying it now and your range will increase naturally overtime through equips and what not so it is a pain in the beginning. But combat does get deeper, characters will have clearer roles and from there you can play around with their unqiue crafts to form your own tactics.

> cold steel 2 outfit shows off Emma's emmas but loses the flawless ZR of CS1

I'm torn lads

>CS2 had 18 Party members
>CS3 confirmed returning characters from TiTS
>Crossbell is definitely involved in the next game.

This is going to be a cluster fuck

Best Cold Steel 2 song
youtube.com/watch?v=lnF4S1eUkJA

I tried tits when it came to stream. And while I have to admit that it was one of the comfiest games I've played in recent memory, I never managed to finish it. Joshua bothered the fuck or of me, and the school play was so stupid I nearly got a brain hemorrhoid.
I've only seen some art of cs, and it really looked like it got the valkyria chronicles 2 treatment (turen the anime up to 11).but was i wrong?

Best girl?

But play was the best part, and why don't you like Joshua? Inb4 muh edge.

Besides Kloe's Impede and Joshua, crafts were hot garbage in FC. They're much better in SC, but besides Agate, CP gain still balances them well.

Rumors say this blonde bracer can cast Claiomh Solarion in one turn!

>CS3 has over 30 party members
>Laura, Fie, Rean, Emma again end up the only ones that matter

>forgetting about Jusis

Sky, easily. Cold Steel's isn't complete trash or anything though. Both are good for roughly the same reasons.

Pssh... after a Chrono Burst, I can cast Shadow Blade in zero turns!

Not really, because arts were still useful, they are completely redundant in CS.

>Laura
>when Millium has the same STR but a target-all and stronger S-Craft
Laura is a meme

>mfw finding out he can cast max-level arts with a delay of like 5

I realized some of this when I put domination and tauros on millium then used her 2nd s-craft

Seconding TiTS. However, Cold Steel is still top-notch.

>After a hard day of work, Laura returned home to her manor in Legram.
As she approached the door she starting hearing sounds of her husband, Rean and another woman grunting.
"SECOND FORM GALE", Rean said at the top of his lungs.
Laura burst though the door with all her might and saw a horrifying sight.
It was Rean and Alisa drenched in sweat and out of breath.
Laura looked on and saw Rean holding his tachi and Alisa with her bow.
It had finally dawned upon her, Rean had been sparring with another woman.
It was at this moment that Laura's entire world had come crashing down.

Are you high? Arts are fucking great in CS.

delete this

Wait, there are second S-Crafts? Ooh lordy this is gonna be good.
Are they actually different or just upgraded like all the other crafts?

>Duvalie gets ready to fight Class VII in Act 2 Part 3
>McBurn says "nah I'm good you can take 'em yourself"

She has a hard life

Class 7 + Sara get new ones. While the others get upgraded

Oh nice. Can't wait to see 'em.
It'll be hard to improve Sylphid...DAYNS

They're all new and they're all really badass.

who is she?

Fie goes full Phantom Raid

Can I go back to the other Spirit Shrines after I arrest Jusis' father? The game only let me do one then some faggot jaegers burned down Celdic.

She literally gets shadow clones

They're new in they look totally different, but they're also still straight-up upgrades of area/damage/effect of their old ones (except Elliot). Not like it opens any new strategic options where you need to debate between target-all vs. single or anything

Yeah, you'll be forced to do all 4 inevitably.

Thanks.

Yes, you're expected to do the other 3 next chapter.

Are you the same guy, or did you copy-paste his post from the last thread?

The answer is her dlc costume.

>Implying this won't be Rean's class next year

don't bully

Bully

"Bully"

If he can hang out with Loewe, he can go stick Crow in a Lazarus pit.

>"Oh, there's a treasure chest!"
>"My, what a beautiful-looking treasure chest!"
>"That treasure chest is absolutely gorgeous!"
>"I want to fuck that treasure chest!"

I think we can all agree that Osbourne literally did nothing wrong right?

Will Laura seek out Fie and spar with her for comfort?

>implying Loewe won't get resurrected

Duvalie's VA work convinced me that anime game dubs can be exceptional when they actually try.

I'm sure they all will. Death is just next-level holding back.

As if the series already didn't have enough problems with no one ever fucking dying.

CS as a whole convinced me that if they actually found the right people, dubs actually could work a whole lot. The last time I was impressed with a dub was Nier. This only the next after that.

DON'T BULLY

No.

He's an evil goddamn man. No one should even deny that.

It's just that, he FINISHES shit better unlike the Noble Alliance, where from step 1, they already fucked up bad.

>Play through FC and SC
>Realize that throughout the story, only like 3 people died. with one death being ambiguous.

I actually kind of like that. I love lighthearted aura the games put out.

>they fucked up from step 1

Step 1.) Don't fuck with Osborne

?

Praising Laura is the easiest way to spot people that just play favorites.

>lighthearted aura
then 3rd happens

This, they really improved after CS 1 in my opinion

Well basically yes.

Their priority isn't the betterment of the country, they just want to feel they are on top again.

Though I'm not quite sure Osborne's first priority is to make Erebonia great, or something more deep to do. I mean, he just straight up warned Ouroboros not to fuck with him and that he will take over the Phantasmal Blaze plan even not knowing what it is. Or maybe he does.

He's dangerous.

This is kind of the series' MO. It doesn't shy away from people doing truly horrific things (despite the low body count) but tonally the games are uplifting and hopeful. I think it strikes a nice balance, I don't think I'd be as into Falcom's world as I am if it tried to do be all grimdark and shit all the time.

Anyone have a screenshot of Dubully eating in Legram before her being introduced. That got a laugh out of me.

It's funny if you go back to the CS1 prologue, it is leaps and bounds different.

>That Crow death scene

I was expecting it to be all cheesy and eye-rolly. And it still kind of was. But man the VAs really sold how utterly wrecked Rean and crew were and the whole thing was legitimately heartbreaking. Same with the post-final boss scene in Epilogue for that matter.

I was quite impressed with their work.

And her suffering continues straight through to Ao.

Then head pat!

>He's dangerous
He's just a misunderstood revolutionary. CS3 will show he is one of the good guys. Don't fall for bracer propaganda.

This. A Large part of FC/SC's plot is based around an entire village getting massacred just to kickstart a war. By the time 3rd rolls around you're not too surprised, although I do admit Renne's backstory is a bit of a step above the rest.

Nier was a case of "Lets take these overused actors and give them roles that would actually fit them".
Laura Bailey does countless schoolgirls but she's clearly made for abrasive bitchy women, and Liam O' Brian does the goddamn best snide high-and-mighty asshole spellbook I'll probably ever hear.

but dad my teacher said bracers help people

Isn't that because Chiplock was nervous + excited in the beginning of CS that he fumbled really bad those times? I think I read that in an interview or something.

I'm going to need the full picture for my field studies user

He probably does, considering how he took over the Black Workshop. I doubt his plan has anything to do with becoming a god or testing humanity, but it's going to be something more simple.

Is the difference in range/damage between Laura and Millium gamechanging in anything besides farming though?

I think the argument is more for Fie + caster + support over Fie + physical + caster.

That said it seems a lot of people just really hate Millium either for her design or voice actor.

Whoever they got to do Crow was a gift.

>Sara: I have failed you, Rean. I have failed you.
>Rean: I should have known the Bracers were trying to take over!
>Sara: Rean, Chancellor Osbourne is evil!
>Rean: From my point of view, the Bracers are evil!
>Sara: Well, then you are lost!
>Rean: This is the end for you, my instructor.

And no one in the public can ever know since he used a pseudonym.

Fie's not all that. Any support worth its salt should have Adamantine+Crescent shield to nullify damage for the team.

I don't know about that, but I thought the whole cast was pretty flat.

The prologue left me with a bad impression but then the performance suddenly improved, I read somewhere that they recorded the prologue bits first and separate from everything else.

DO BULLY

S3 with Duvalie when?

>Sara: It's over, Rean! I have the critical turn bonus!

>Duvalie is already fanatical about Arianrhod
>Duvalie with Gakuen's character exaggeration

hoo boy

She needs head pats!

>scouring web for Trails discussion
>VeghEsther
>does nothing but reply to help topics with his autistic easy mode runs where he farms everything and beats bosses with 1 S-Craft
>pulls information out of his ass for JP only games, among other things like "XSeed has 25,000 employees"
>posts his autism on random Youtube LP's
>this has continued across several years

>Every noun she says is replaced with Arianrhod

no, no she doesn't

Well maybe flat in the beginning yes. Except for Sara I think. She was good since the beginning of CS1.

I think I started to hear them having a range of emotions and inflections in voicing when I suddenly noticed Fie, having tones in her voice later on in CS1, and from the start of CS2, you can actually hear her different intonations even in her own robot-like voice.

>Carries a dakimakura everywhere she goes.

Once she taste the Rean Bean Machine she will stop being so high strung and take it easy.

Make this happen

Where can I get some boots with evasion?

I've played TitS FC and I thought it was good but not really outstanding. I thought the world was well developed, music was okay, characters were okay, and the battle system had some interesting elements but ultimately I found the combat to be pretty basic and repetitive. Even though there was a "hard mode" it didn't seem to add much tactical depth. I would have liked character movement/positioning to be more important and for there to be greater variety in the orbment setups and tactics needed for different fights. Are the other games in the series better or about the same?

how strong is rean's headpat? is it enough to tame the grandmaster or 1st dominion?

i just want someone to dodge out of the way or some shit

Nah, the grandmaster will tame him with the headpats. After all Towa__ already has Rean trained.

I'm a little surprised nobody's identified him. It's a pretty distinctive voice.
It can be reflected, so obviously not that strong.

What's the point of adding these dating sim elements if they are just going to force Alisa as the main heroine in the end?

I love how It went Full-Suikoden in Sen II and have you go around recruiting people so your flying castle can have more facilities.

>Rean

Why does everyone use the english voices in these games? Are there a lot of lines without accompanying text or something?

When was that?

I'm from the future. It happens in CS3.

Arts from the dedicated mages with a good MQ are pretty powerful and more reliable in drawn out fights when CP generation is an issue.

Funny thing is Fie can be both "Fie the evasion goddess"+support since only SPD matter for support Arts
And support Arts last longer and don't require CP upkeep vs. Noble Command, which Jusis pretty much has to use every turn to maintain +50%s for anyone faster than him
Jusis's still good as a weaker faster Emma, so he can stay

But when you get to the point S-Craft/Lost Art spam works which is like, the Prologue, all this hardly matters anyway

there are undubs out there, but falcom literally would not give up the rights to their jp audio

The Bracer Guild has yet to understand the significance of having its influence shifted outside of Erebonia.

You see, both the Empire and the Republic have suffered heavy military losses over the last six months in Crossbell and over civil strife.

While recruitment can replenish the ranks, replacing equipment and weapons will not be so simple with the economic chaos caused by the IBC.

And with Calvard's harsh defeat in the Tangram hills, they are seeking to rearm as well as improve upon the Republican army however possible.

There are those in the army and in the government who will seek the assistance of the Society of Ouroboros to fight Erebonia, aid that the Society is quite willing to lend against I.

And what a feather in the cap it could be for the Bracer Guild if they had the drive to put an end to the plot of their enemy in the largest democracy on the continent!

They could regain the lost prestige of the last six months, after Arios Maclaine's actions, after the chaos all over Zemuria, after the nonexistant role they had in ending our civil war!

But what can be expected by tigers who are led by donkeys?

I kinda want to replay the game without using S-crafts/Lost Arts and maybe Hades/Domination for that matter just to see how it goes.

Not like there's any lack of game-breaking stuff besides all that but that's just the most expedient.

Prepreorder cancelled.

I'd take Olivert's side any day over you Osborne.

Well, the Steel has not been working, but maybe the Cold Steel will.

>Rean falls asleep on a park bench next to Emma with his head in her lap

cute af

What is the best final dungeon theme and why is it Ao's?

youtube.com/watch?v=7LCTZuJrk8Y

I think the support crafts are all worth it, although maybe there are a few fights where low speed could get you killed if you didn't patch them up with quartz.

I guess my point is it's dumb to shame people for playing favorites with so many ways to break the game.

Who the fuck said anything like that? There's a very big difference between "Laura is my favorite" and "Laura is the best physical attacker".

>Peculiar Girl
It's funny how you can see her facial expressions change with each line, but she's not supposed to seem important so she doesn't get portraitified

I expect old Rocksmith to have a devil of a time trying to keep the nationalists and the opposition off his back, they'll be all blaming him for everything going wrong and claiming all the credit for the successes of his cabinet.

I will give him the credit where it is due: His intelligence agency should keep the stilettos out of his neck until Calvard stabilizes. Whether it'll keep the snake bites away - well, that'll be an interesting contest if nothing else.

Is this actually stated? Or is it "reading between the lines" implication?

Thanks Chancellor, as always they just keep playing to your tune, is there anyone in the continent that can even try to do anything against you. Even those guys from the Church are nothing compared to your plan.

youtube.com/watch?v=aV2siwUmlR8

you tell me.

Well then. I thought it was just a line of dialogue not a whole movie.

I must say, after that the guild in Erebonia was decimated by Jester, and currently suffering chronic shortages of bracers, it seems very strange that they wouldn't be trying harder to consolidate their presence in other countries before trying to return here!

They have not yet learned that in order to beat the Society, you must let them make mistakes and openings of their own making. Falling for the misdirection of Ouroboros only leads the snake closer and closer to their objectives.

My bad, the reply made it sound like nonoptimal characters aren't worth using, didn't see the hyperbolic post above it.

im sure this is asked all of the fucking time but i can get into this without playing Trails 1 and 2 right?

I played half of 1 and it was just starting to get good and then i lost my PSP. i want to get into cold steel really bad but dont want the massive investment from playing the first two in the series

When Falcom wants to go dark and depressing they do NOT mess around.

>acting smart
>failing to stop a hot bracer headpatting your son

would you play a game set in the shithole that is north ambria?

>Mad Max: Zemuria Edition

Sounds like fun, I'm game.

Jesus the music already makes me sad.
I'll wait for the official translation though, it will probably hit harder in context

Yes. You will miss some references and returning characters won't have a big impact on you, but Cold Steel was designed as a entry point to the franchise so you'll be fine. The West is kind of fucked in continuity anyways since we never got Ao/Zero

you don't have to

but honestly i found cs1 a lot more fun with some of the background stuff that happens in the older games along with the quality of life and battle system improvements

otherwise i think cs1 drags a bit too much, but some newcomers still love it

Only a Ouroboros lackey would imply that a headpat is a bad thing.

Remember that I'll crush you all under my steel boots.

honestly this was my problem with TiTs1. it took a very long time for something to actually happen story wise

yeah, you're looking at a massive first game prologue

we're all biased here but it's totally worth it for the 2nd and eventually 3rd games

if you really hate your time with it then i wouldn't force it

You can. CS only vaguely refers to Sky as the "liberl incident". You may want to consider doing Sky after beating CS though, since Ouroboros starts becoming relevant in CS2, but again its pretty optional.

He wants his son to head pat the bracer, we have to establish the pecking order after all.

The problem is if you play Sky after CS, Sky will feel like a damn slow ass game.

That's the reason why I really played TiTS FC and SC first before CS.

When I played CS, the quality-of-life changes really made me happy. I can't see myself going back and playing the Sky Series after the improvements.

I played FC first and always thought it was fucking slow. It's probably slower than FF9.

That's what I'm saying.

The changes in CS in regards to gameplay help to mitigate the slow beginning. Unlike in FC or even SC. Unless of course you use a cheat engine to speed everything up.

In regards to plot though, even if CS is a good start, you really get appreciate a whole lot what's happening in CS if you played the first 2 games. Especially best boi Olivert.

sometimes i wonder if i would hate olivier if i was a newfag and it terrifies me

Reading the prequel manga with Toby, and the Bright Couple, it's kinda cute how Toby headpatted Joshua and is still tsun for that nun.

Bum.

Ba dum.

Bada dum bum.

Ba dum.

The orbment system isn't shit to make up forit at least. It has a better cast and less filler, too

>less filler

No. Both are the same.

You run around each part of the country to visit a bracer guild, and do tasks. Same in SC.

Both have the same amount of filler.

Never mind the higher damage, if people can't see how big an advantage always hitting everything over just having XL area is, then there's no point arguing over Millium and Laura.

This better be a thing in CS3.

>Taking back Trista
>Patrick wants to fight for his honor as a noble or some shit
>Get absolutely 1-shot obliterated by Millium piloting a giant ass laser cannon in outer space

Sure was a great idea there friend

>It has a better cast
Yes.
>and less filler, too
No, but the former fact makes it much more tolerable.

We can fight hugs with head pats... that will be the new gameplay mechanic in CS3!

>Fight in CS1
>He and his goons don't get to attack because of a Rean delay

>that will be the new Blade gameplay mechanic in CS3!

I liked the TitS random battle themes because it was this weird jazz instead of super rote JRPG music, made repeat fights a lot more bearable.

That said, the later games really go nuts with boss music, I laughed in glee the first time I heard Belief.

youtube.com/watch?v=8i2doN33__8

>Blade
>Completely random and bluff-based
>Blade II
>"Oh hey maybe they fixed it and now it's a real game instead of bullshit"
>Two new cards
>Game is now even MORE random and bullshit.

What will be added in Blade III? A card that let's you switch cards randomly with your opponent? A card that triples your score and can only be blasted? Or maybe it'll have new rules entirely, like you take the entire deck, throw it into the air and scatter the cards all over the place, and then pick a random card off the ground and whoever is higher wins.

At least Falcom lets us do a losing move ASAP to say fuck this game, gimme my link exp

>Or maybe it'll have new rules entirely, like you take the entire deck, throw it into the air and scatter the cards all over the place, and then pick a random card off the ground and whoever is higher wins.

That would actually be an improvement.

>Gabriel Celeste is actually impossible to do on universe so I used bloody armor...

>Can't get Joshua
>Can't get Lechter
>Gets cucked

Why is she such a failure?

Who performs the song in this PV?

youtube.com/watch?v=eVdVKOOuRec

These games need mimics.

If she wasn't a failure she wouldn't be a good representative of Liberl.

m8 he is the ultimate shitposter. He does it for tales and various other titles on gamefaqs.and shit. He legitimately has a mental disorder.

>Both are the same.
Holy shit.

If you ever fucking say something this stupid EVER AGAIN I fucking swear I WILL fucking find you and fight you irl holy fuck.

Both

are

the

fucking

same

Not him but both of the games follow a really similar format.

B-but.... Cold Steel is full of filler!!! AND MUH HIGH SCHOOL HAREMSHIT!!!!

Emma's jedi mind trick when entering Bareahard is lulzy with Contact Lenses
She quickly puts her glasses on then off, then the glasses disappear when she puts them on again

I was hoping the mind trick would fail and she would just have to flirt her way through.

Don't forget that she helped stop the plot that would have led to her marriage to best boy

>ywn never live in Erebonia

haha like that'd ever happen

haha right?

literally what the fuck were they thinking

>Wanting to live in an Imperial Aristocracy.

How can we make Alisa even more forced.

Talking about romance, the Crossbell games do something similar or is not that obvious who is the winner of the lloydbowl?

>We're giving you the ability to choose your desired soulmate!
>By the way any choice other than Alisa is wrong.

Surely there was a better way

Surely

I just want to have my own s-craft

>You will never personally make Duvalie dark enough to become an Enforcer.

>Arranged Marriage
>The two of them made a promise to get married when they are older
>They are the reincarnation of star crossed lovers or some shit

Totally

Fie's pretty cute when she starts humming in a vent.

>ywn study under Yun Kafai for massive plot armor

Is Anelace actually supposed to be strong? She does also use the 8 Leaves Style.

>tfw you always go for the cake route which is the most wrong choice more often than not

She's B rank by the end of SC, could probably easily reach A and beyond. There are some shoddy A ranks but I think 3rd implies she's already stronger than Richard.

I'm guessing she'd end up around Mueller/Enforcer level if she doesn't master the style.

Even so, Rean won't hesistate to head pat her!

Yeah, why do you think Rean keeps so many lolis with him. It's insurance to beat his Oneechan. He has bait to dodge her now.

why are class vii talking like they'll never see each other again at the end of Sen 2?

Don't they have a second year of school?

did you play the game?

yes I'm playing the epilogue now

it has only been one year since their first year at Thors

why are they talking like they are about to graduate

user...

bought trails in the sky on steam a year ago, removed it after 3 hours of playing, shit game, wone be bothering with the series anymore

Like Kurt?

good for you

What did she mean by this?

I am legitimately confused

is class VII only a one-year thing? are they leaving early because they got involved in a civil war? I really don't understand

It's stated in CS1 in the beginning I don't know how you missed it.

They were on an accelerated course. It was only for 1 year.

Yeah, it's all speculative bullshit but that sounds right to me. Easily above the CS Instructors but below Walter/Zane.

I wouldn't call it "missing it" so much as "forgetting it as what seemed like a trivial detail last year"

thank you for your help

She succumbed to the headpat

it means she wants the D.

Frankly, I don't care what anyone says, I would give that loli the D.

Was it? Why is Rean doing the whole 2 years stay then, he only missed a month and I believe he caught up by the end, if this is true it makes the ending much more bearable since they are all fuck off to do their own thing. Their reasons vary from not bad to the fuck are you doing.
Millium- Spy work which is Understandable
Elliot- Doing a transfer to do his passion. Understandable
Machias- Doing an advanced program, essentially skipping a year to get ahead in life. Understandable
Jusis- Has to deal with a whole region. Understandable.
Emma- Searching for Vita. Good enough I guess
Fie- Wanting to fine her old family that apparently is doing some shady shit. Understandable
Alisa- Dropping out of school, to essentially become an understudy for the president of your future company. Why not just finish the year at school, you aren't going to miss anything. It's not the same situation like Machias where you can get ahead.
Laura- Muh sword. This was the dumbest shit.

>She's B rank by the end of SC
based on what???

Anelace was literally an F-rank pleb like Estelle in SC. In no way, shape, or form did she ever get to B rank by the end of that game.

>Was it? Why is Rean doing the whole 2 years stay then, he only missed a month and I believe he caught up by the end, if this is true it makes the ending much more bearable since they are all fuck off to do their own thing. Their reasons vary from not bad to the fuck are you doing.

Did you miss that he also is done, but Osborne wanted him there because he made it his pseudo-base for Soldats and Valimar?

The only reason Rean didn't leave because he's under Osborne now.

Why are falcom shills always so obvious?

>Anyone who likes this series is a shill
Time to go find some other thread to shitpost in, retard.

Because he's not actually at the school to learn anymore. He's become officially sanctioned Crow and using the school as a base.
Fie also had to go because Sara is her caretaker and she teamed up with Toval.

user pls, no amount of shilling can save falcom now that the vita is hacked.

Seems you really missed everything.

They all graduated. Even Rean. He's not there for school. He's there because it's a base by Osborne now.

wew you might wanna play more games if you think cs has good voice acting at all.

i think he means after sc, anelace is b rank in zero no kiseki

Ok, fuck this I'm replaying the epilogue. I don't know how I missed so much

Ys 8 and Cold Steel 3 to be Ps4 exclusive in the West.

Pretty sure this is it. I can't see them releasing those at Vita's in the West.

Only question is, if they really go for a Vita release of CS3, will that affect the graphical side? Because as far as I know they already want to step up that part for CS3.

Huh I figured why I thought this, Nep says that next year the exams would be easy for Rean, and he replies that maybe he could get the first spot,

That does seem likely. Problem is large number of the fanbase are on the Vita both in Japan and here also.

Personally I could care less about the graphics, the plot is what really matters. But its a big risk either way, better graphics will need to cost more and it might not pay off if they isolate all the Vita owners.

I understand, but let's face it. An upgrade is inevitable.

The problem with Falcom is they are always late as shit for the new generation.

As long as what they want from the plot does not suffer for any upgrades that they want, I'm fine with it.

They should at least work on framerate.

>McBurn shows up
>"W-What is that aura?!"
>framerate down to 10

It's a feature.

the Vita can't handle all of McBurn

>complaining about framerate in a cutscene

It doesn't matter in the slightest.

>framerate so low the text slows down

yes it does

keep this up and pc shitposters will come barging in

>nyaa.se/?page=search&cats=6_24&filter=0&term=Trails of cold steel

7000 downloads, and this is only counting 1 site. Total pirated number at guess is more than twice this number.

Hope their just pirates who just try out games and not representing the Xseed fanbase.

7,000 between both games is a drop in the bucket compared to the sales the games have seen.

>Falcom and Xseed
>Caring about piracy
PS3 was pirated years ago user.
They're not Bamco.

>Undub
Maybe i'm just to used to the english voices, but the japanese cast doesn't sound that great.
Do we even have a reasonable estimate on what CS1 sold? I'd imagine most people in the west already gave up their ps3, and it's not like vita sales are that great either.

Yeah you need to factor in DDLs. That's where I got mine from.

>McBurn is so strong that nearly makes a Vita crash

Damn they weren't joking about him being the number 1 enforcer almost breaking a 4th wall.

The people buying CS2 at this point are either already fans or not the type of person who even knows what firmware is.

Falcom has JP sales and XSeed does a bunch of other shit to fund their Legend of Heroes ride.

CS1 sold at least 100k based on Xseed saying long before CS2 came out that Trails had sold over 300k copies, including the 100k+ FC sales and the 30kish SC sales

You've just realized that most seiyuu are shit.

Nah, CS has way more filler than Sky. For starters, FC tells the same amount of story as CS1 and 2 combined.

Hit X to make it appear instantly.

Well, you need to be a fan because CS2 is terrible for a newcomer. The people pirating cs2 are either morons who don't give two shits about the series in the first place, or genuine assholes.

>but the japanese cast doesn't sound that great.
Nah, the JP cast has some fairly high profile VAs like Yui Horie, Megumi Toyoguchi and Joji Nakata so it's pretty good. Couldn't stand Claire's VA because I really dislike Miyu Matsuki's(RIP) voice though.

>FC tells the same amount of story as CS1 and 2 combined.

Tired of this meme.

I bought both CS1 and 2 on PS3. I honestly don't know how you guys are able to play something like that in a portable device. Eh, to each his own I guess.

It is though? Everything in Chapter 1 of CS1 is entirely irrelevant

So, who's the Mom?

Fuck yes, undub downloading it now. Cant believe I bought the first one with those shitty dubs.

>no Arai Satomi

Might as well play with voices off to be honest

Stop responding.

It's not really a meme when it's objectively true

I'm hoping sales will add to SC numbers, Steam is a nightmare world of people judging games based on $5 and the clear rate for FC on Steam is like 11%.

Steam, GoG, PS3, Vita, etc. Pretty sure CS is doing fine for XSeed.

ded

>100k

The hell, are there that many vita users? I cant imagine these sales coming from ps3

I feel bad for XSeed sometimes. It's like they are releasing other games just so they can fund the localization of Trails games.

To be fair I would have never become a Kisekifag if I hadn´t pirated the PSP version years ago.

Not really. You have your adventures, meet different places. Characters join, other left. No one was arranging an schedule for you neither giving you orders, you werent bound to return to one place everytime. You couldnt explore freely in those chapters neither like returning to previous towns by walking.

CS1 and CS2 were both topping the Amazon vita best sellers pretty consistently before and for a while after release, so if there are, then those are the games they've been buying.

portable rpg is comfy my man, anything with long sessions like disgaea, etrian odyssey, etc

it's mostly thanks to psp/ds piracy that i bother buying portable versions of games (not including series like monster hunter and smt where i'm forced to)

I tried pirating the PSP version back in 2011 because I had no idea that it was actually just released around that same time, but I wasn't able to find it. Eventually in 2012 I ended up getting a vita and buying the game. I got to Zeiss because it was a comfy nice little game to play to kill time, but I never finished it until they released the PC version. That's when I realized how great the game was.

Well got to the first boss and got my ass handed to me, should I use my nigga Toval?

What were you doing with him before?

I heard that guy can casts arts really fast!

Toby should really just ask Ein out on a date.

She like him anyway.

I used him for casting art, he tend to miss a lot of the physical attacks trough.

How does it compare to Ys Celceta?

I mean what were you doing with him that you were debating using him. You should always be using him.

I hear he's bottom bitch to a nun!

How fast we talking?

not the same genre

Well I´m more used to Class VII members.

Totally different games. Ys VIII on the other hand is excellent

What boss are we talking about. The first boss is in the prologue anyway.

is that a nun?

Jesus. Falcom better surprise people with the updated version of Ys VIII in PS4.

>Act 2
>can finally customize my party
>forced to use Gaius

How do I even build this fucker? Status effects?

The Zephir guys

He's Emma in a caffeine frenzy. Use him accordingly. He should be your go-to mage any time he's in the party.

Yeah a pure nun

Don't worry about it. Just throw him in one of the backup slots and take your usual crew.

>stronger than Richard
What the hell.
So much for Divine Blade's student.

I never used him in the first game.

How the fuck is that the first boss.

And no, you don't need him for that fight.

Concentrate on 6 people. You don't need him. He can fuck off with the wind.

>79 hours 44 minutes
>Chapter 4 finished

Three chapters more and will be ready to play Cold Steel II

Richard jobbed against low-tier Estelle and Joshua, he's clearly either a talentless hack or very out of practice.

Wild Rage (and Gladiator shit or Force) -> S-Break for normal battle giggles. Support member trash otherwise

Some areas do look nice. I can't wait to get the PS4 version. Hoping it's all seamless, 60 FPS and better graphics a bit.

He was a good Evasion tank cause he had good range but CS2 has buffed Fie.

what the fuck how

I clocked in at like 60 hours at the end, and I still went around and talked to most of the NPCs.

Oh okay that's not too bad. Is it going to force him into the start of a fight though?

It's going to be exactly the same except upscaled. You know how Vita works.

What the fuck have you been doing? Even with talking to all NPC and doing all other side stuff it shouldn't take you that long.

No. He's just there because it's Nord. That's it. Don't worry about him.

Alright so who exactly is Beryl?

>An Enforcer
>A Dominion
>An Ironblood
>A vampire
>A Sept-Terrion
>A completely normal high school girl but her guardian spirit is real

Ein

No, all classVII member are mandatory in 1 part of the story. Most people just throw the ones they never use into a support slot.

Took me 108 hours on my first run. NG+ took like 4 hours.

You technically also were able to defeat the Enforcers with Joshua and Estelle.
Honestly, it's really hard to wrap my head around how strong people are due to the weird pacing in SC.

Pretty sure she's important.

More important than Rosine anyway.

>Stronger than Richard

Didn't Richard ward off like 5 Enforcers with his buddy general in a 2v5 when they invaded the capital?

I don't know why they would delay it to 2017 then. Surely they have to add something extra to it, maybe like with Tokyo Xanadu ex+ where it got new content

The head witch in disguise.

youtube.com/watch?v=IZSVrl3i3Zk&t=7m44s

the star doors in 3rd show a lot of stuff, there's translations out there for some of the big ones (renne backstory)

First time I saw her I thought she was Celine's human form.

Because Japan. If Falcom had any experience with PS4 I'd expect better, but I'm staying firmly grounded for this one.

Four, Loewe wasn't there. They also had the element of surprise and the four enforcers doing the capital raid as basically a goof

Strength is retarded to measure in this series since everybody either holds back or is retroactively revealed to have held back.

i bought the xseed bundle on GOG, so i've got tons of Ys and LoH games to play

where do i start? i only have trails and sc for LoH, should i emulate the previous games in the series? or should i play ys?

Does anyone have a video of Rosine and Thomas? I don't want to do a whole new run just for that scene. Why is something like that in fucking NG+?

Or can you explain who they are at least?

>robot came out of nowhere
i just met Millium, will this phenomenon be explained later on?
if the every robot could appear everywhere why can't i just assasinate the enemy leader with it

>More important than Rosine
??

Are you sure about that? You do know what Rosine is, right?

Put true gladiator items on him, get him to 50% evade so he can get to 100% with heavens gift/shining.

Use Wild Rage and watch the CP bar get to 100% in one go, then alternate between Wild Rage one turn than S-Craft the next until everyone is dead.

Also, Thors is a good MQ for him since he can regain the HP he loses from Wild Charge, beyond that Falco is also decent on him

youtube.com/watch?v=QWDB_JPYNOg

falcom can handwave any boss fight by either saying they were holding back or were unprepared

enemy leader also has invisible robutts

Anyone happen to know if you can get the Black Records at the second visit to Celdic?

Wasn't paying enough attention the first time around and missed it. Assumed they would be in numerical order rather than mixed up.

>All the other shopkeeper students sell all the generic stuff you can get from any old shop in Erebonia
>Rosine sells unique powerful medicines that can be found nowhere else

I wonder if Falcom was trying to tell us something.

I think her mostly standing around Thomas in CS was a big enough hint. By now he's only the 4th suspicious glasses wearing man.

Course I know. I wouldn't have singled out Rosine if I didn't.

Beryl knows stuff. I'm just saying how it is after Falcom suddenly doing shit outta nowhere about Rosine and 2nd Dominion.

It's the game actually good or are you just fucking with me at this point? I just can't find myself to finish the first one because it's too damn boring. I dropped it on chapter 3 or 4

I actually thought Thomas was Gideon in the 1st game.

If you didn't like it, don't play it. Honestly, no one is forcing you really. People like different things.

Anyone who has played Trails games will immediately suspect Thomas.

It's just no one expected him to be that.

Doesn't Gideon wear the same robe in CS1 that Thomas wears in CS2?

I mean the guy went around being SUSPCIOUS HOODED MAN for the first half of the game and helping Class VII with shit he really shouldn't have been able to keep up with. Him being some hidden badass was highly telegraphed.

Rosine's involvement completely blindsided me though.

Never played them but I heard Gagharv has aged extremely poorly. Anyway, a lot of the Ys games can be played standalone, but among those in the bundle I'd start with Felghana or Origin.

I said to myself I would get back to it since I really don't like to leave jrps unfinished. But the pacing is horrible

They didn't age poorly, the translation is just a bit spotty at times. Most of your time is spent reading anyway.

The guy eats food that's poisonous.

grandmaster

Right. After the good doctor and Ian, most would assume he would be a villain.

That's because it's a trilogy. CS1 is the prologue.

i hate to be that guy but things start picking up at the end of chapter 4 and the second half of the game goes by pretty fast

why should i start with those games instead of 1?

>implying he isn't
this is a jrpg. his squire molests little kids.

oops, meant for

I noticed that all the most interesting stuff happens in Legram and in the castle over there in both games

>steel maiden/arianrhod helps class seven in cs1 in castle
>castle apparently had divine knight, but it disappeared
>in a vision rean sees a portal behind that door in castle, possibly where the knight is
>story never mentions anything about laura's mother, no one even finds this weird or asks
>laura/victor s. arseid. in their names, what does that letter s mean? sandlot, s-craft, sword?
>duvalie apparently knows something, but doesnt tell anything

None of these things have not been revealed yet. If CS3 doesnt make Legram as very important story location, I'm mad

I mean along the way in CS2 everyone knew he's strong. But being in the Dominion? Hell no.

And yes especially Rosine. I was like what the fuck.

Who are the NPC students that Rean actually react to in CS1? If I remember correctly it was Linde, Vivi, Rosine and Beryl.

>It only gets good in the sequel

Guess I'm glad I didn't pay more than 15 on Cold steel than

Obviously Trails games just aren't for you. It's not that they "aren't good." They just aren't FOR YOU. Do you understand that? Because it's not a difficult concept to grasp. Not everybody is going to enjoy every game.

I didn't say that. I said it was the prologue. Things happen in the prologue you just aren't there yet.

But if you really hate it then you can stop. If it isn't for you then it isn't for you.

in what way? he reacts to almost everyone that's named.

>still dignifying that garbage with (You)s

I don't recommend 1 unless you like old school stuff.

In fact, if you can stomach it, the general rule for Falcom is play in release order.

He knows their name in CS1 even if you don't have any quest with them.

Example when you speak with Dorothee in CS1 before her quest. He'll react, but when you get her quest Rean will suddenly go "you're Dorothee right?" something like that.

The outfits in this series are getting more and more interesting.

So Vivi is going to be playable in CS3, right?

Right?

No, Rex is.

Ys VIII is my GOTY.

mini-game taking pics of cold steel QTs when?

wait

there are vampires?

Linde over Vivi ANY DAY.

Did you see how Vivi couldn't do shit without Linde?

Rejoice, Rex Snap is already available!

>he didn't read Red Moon Rose

Red Moon Rose

If we work under the assumption that all the book series are based on real events then there may actually be vampires running around.

>Red Moon Rose
Well Beryl does give you Zemurian Ore for collecting them all. Maybe she is a vampire.

Wait just a minute. My first post is kind of rude and I'm sorry for that but I didn't mean to cause shit or anything with it. Maybe I shouldn't have asked

Do you think Becky will be good at selling her body?

She'd make good money but Hugo would be better at marketing her body.

Why is Lord Albireon called that?

bump

Is this haremshit, or do my bros actually get some of the girls? Or are my bros also part of my harem?

No one gets girls.

You appear to have a fundamental misunderstanding of what Trails of Cold Steel is about. At the end of the day, CS is a serious story-driven JRPG, not a dating sim. Not even the main character ends the game with any girlfriends. Mostly the bonding stuff is for extra scenes and advantages in combat.

delete this

What's going on here?

Rean was going to do something to Altina.

Only that she woke up before the act.

Absolutely nothing. Rean could be completely naked in a room full of aroused, moaning, mostly nude women and absolutely nothing would happen.

If I had an Altina, so help me god, I would visit such unholiness upon her anus that you would never shit again out of sheer sympathy. As I took great handfuls of her peachy white cheeks in my hands, satan himself would begin to weep with joy. He knows that the sin I am about to commit will damn every soul in existence, that the profane, wet noises alone will stain the universe with its echoes, that the sight of my face buried in her will scorch the eyes of god himself.

Laura best girl

what game am I supposed to play first in the series? trails in the sky? I saw there was other legends of heroes games but i'm not sure where to start.

The Trails series specifically is what you want. That begins with Trails in the Sky. Here's the full breakdown:

Trails in the Sky First Chapter (FC) - PC/PSP
Trails in the Sky Second Chapter (SC) - PC/PSP
Trails in the Sky The 3rd - PC (will be released in English spring 2017)

Trails to Zero (No english version yet)
Trails to Azure (No english version yet)

Trails of Cold Steel (PS3/Vita)
Trails of Cold Steel II (PS3/Vita)
Trails of Cold Steel II (In development in Japan right now)

You can reasonably start at the first Sky game or the first Cold Steel game, but the actual very beginning of the overarching storyline is the first Sky game.

>Trails of Cold Steel II (In development in Japan right now)
This should be "Trails of Cold Steel III", just fyi. Accidentally left out an I

She's just a gag character.

>Come home
>See this
wat do?

I don't want disaster incarnate in my house.

but she wants you. Won't you give her what she wants?

you know

I fucking told you Mint is a disaster.

Look at what she did. She just brought Cred Forums down.

What's his endgame?

Bully.

His son as Emperor.

Your favourite Trails yaoi doujin?

Pure white panties for a lewd girl.

>picture related
>pure white
pick one

>Vivi useless without Linde
>Linde was doing stuff without Vivi

Clearly we know who's the better twin.

Obviously Vivi_

>Still no PS3 undub.
I know VNsharing has one but i'm too lazy to register.

been an undub since relese check ps3iso files up on there.

This is me.

Thanks to you guys, I bought it last night. Already loving it. Thank you.

That's good to hear user. I was like you once, stepped into one of these threads and decided to see what all the fuss was about. I'm very happy I did.

Muh wind

>Rean vs Jusis
>Horse vs Motorcycle
>Have Gaius in the party
>"Rean! Use the wind at your back!"

This fucking guy.

Witness the fruits of my training!

Sounds like a typical Kiseki OP, so Kanako Kotera + jdk Band performers. I guess Unisuga from Sound Team jdk composed the main melody.

I wish Laura were my gf

How can I convince an Ouroboros enforcer on leave to marry me?

Gaius is okay. People dislike him too much

Anton got first dibs.

I'd rather take superior Ouroboros

Hold back enough when you fight her!

>Hold back enough when you fuck her!
ftfy

Gaius actually has a great sense of humor. It's just that he's more laid back and not a waifu. I imagine that if he was a girl, he'd actually be pretty popular.

It's all just an act so no one would suspect that he's an Ouroboros enforcer

Cmon, at least put some effort to your crackpots

Nigga, he's a Dominion.

Everyone knows they're crazy so if he's normal then no one would suspect.

You'd think Thomas would notice it

And who said he didn't know?

I want to play Akatsuki no Kiseki, how you do it?

Please, he didn't give a shit that the town is crawling with witches. He's having too much fun drinking drunks under the table and eating deadly food to care.

by going to the website

>tfw missed the sale for the first game

Just fuck my shit up

Don't forget rambling about history. He probably isn't even acting, just always holding back.

His darkness is that he has a fully intact and happy family. Such darkness.

CS3 will have Dubully getting trapped with Rean and they have to find a way out together.

Dubully suddenly says something about her and then Punished Rean, denied with headpats for 2+ years being under Osborne, suddenly unleashes his pent-up emotions and then goes and headpats Dubully.

Dubully, feeling the whole power of that headpat, stops obsessing for Arianhod and changes sides.

She's now Rean's "Sword", which makes Laura mad as hell.

Anyone know where I can see pictures of those extra costumes I can take for NG+ in CS2? I'll probably end up rolling with my DLC outfits, max bond points and transfer all items to it

Emperor Rean Osbourne Dreichels "Cold Steel" Schwarzer taking over the country and leading it in the right direction and fathering strong children with Claire, Millium and Altina.

>NTRing the Arseid scum

Make it happen.

Nah, it will end with Dubully head patting Rean and stealing him from Laura! For once she will do the bullying!

>Implying

He's secretly the squire of that one super fast traveling priest guy, just like Rosine is Thomas'. What was his name again, Berkhorn?

If there is something Dubully gets in CS3, its getting S-crafted to oblivion again

He came back to change the future and head pat the Grandmaster!

Then he totally should have burned the Witches.

>Tfw outfit looks like a Thors Class VII outfit

Future Rean indeed.

>CS3
>When everything is over Thomas salts Emma and Vita.

He came back in time to bully Dubully and head pat her! The madman!

I prefer long JRPG's on a handheld. It's a mix of getting comfy and wanting to sit in different positions/places while playing it, so that it doesn't feel like I spend all my time in front of the same screen in the same chair

It's stupid as hell, but I love it.

better salt Celine as well

>Laura- Muh sword. This was the dumbest shit.

How is Elliot transfering to a music school understandable but Laura traveling and training with the head of her school to improve her swordsmanship isn't?

It's not like they will all contribute to the future in the way, and that last year of formal education isn't really necessary for some of them.

And Laura is probably going to take over her father one day. She has to worry about Legram, more powerful noble houses and Lohengrin. Not to mention that her father is a very powerful asset capable of going agains the likes of McBurn.

Now that she knows that when shit hits the fan people like him start showing up, and that she can't do anything about it is really that hard to understand wanting to get stronger, especially when she's shown concern about how her sword could be of use in the kind of war they fight?

The cat is fine... why would you do that?

The cat knows more than Emma.

this and it TALKS