Hitman thread

So, what'd you guys think of episode 5?

The good:

Running while trespassing no longer makes everyone aware of you.
Some unintended, fun drops still exist in Paris and Sapienza, which is nice.

The bad:

Music in the main menu does not start playing immediately when it should.
Jaeger 7 Lancer no longer pierces walls (or doors), making it useless.

The ugly:

NPCs have a massive and randomly moving FoVs. Still.
NPCs can't hear bullet impacts properly. Still.
Picking up a small agency pickup while carrying a large item makes the pickup disappear. Still.
Using the inventory while running makes 47 stutter. Still.
Using pipes in Bangkok gets you instantly shot. Still.
The collision for the doors leading to the roof in Bangkok is far bigger than the doors. Still.
Escalation/Contracts targets have VIP AI. Still.
In certain disguises, Paris has areas that you're not allowed to enter but you're allowed to be in. Still.
Bullets go through fire alarm switches. Still.

I experienced a glitch where an opportunity revealing telported me into the conversation, blowing my disguise.

Besides that, seems nice, though im still playing it.

I have barely scratched its surface but I actually am enjoying it much more than I thought I would. The farm actually does look pretty comfy unlike what the promotional videos and images led me to believe.

they're finally in the US and the majority of the guards have a british accent.

How does a farm that's been converted into a mercenary training camp seem comfy to you?

Pretty gud, I would say

1.Sapienza
2.Colorado
3.Bangkok
4.Paris
5.Marrakesh

Anyone wanna speculate on who the Shadow Client actually is? I'm guessing it's another clone from Romania.

Not the same guy but this level seriously brings back memories for me at least

one of the female targets is a qt

So they literally made the lancer useless now?

Friendly reminder that if it's your first time playing the level and you have oppurtionities on then you're not playing it right

>Jaeger 7 Lancer no longer pierces walls (or doors), making it useless.
What? Yes it does, I just used it and it still works.

>Escalation/Contracts targets have VIP AI. Still.
What does this mean?

So Shadow Client is successful cloned assassin and childhood "friend" of 47?

Probably another clone of Ort-Meyer who was somehow impacted by 47's actions. Typical revenge plot.

He implies 47 was his friend so duh.

It's more interesting than that.

Did this game turn out good despite the episodic thing?

>Some unintended, fun drops still exist in Paris and Sapienza, which is nice.

dont know what this means. can you eloborate? please?

How so?

Very interesting map. I feel as if I'm forced to play certain moves/opportunities to make other assassinations less of a hassle though.
SA'd the map for now. Looking how to get an all-poison thing going on. I got ideas for all-fiber wire and accidents only. The unlocks are pretty shite other than the demo block and silenced AR. Not the best map so far, but it's refreshing from the standard civilian environments and landmarks.

Way better than anticipated. But since we're so close to the full release, just hold yourself until then. But there's a season 2 coming and that too will be episodic.

He's tracking down some global conspiracy and using 47 as a tool for that because he knows 47 is the best and he was his friend back in the asylum. 47 also understands who he is when the level ends. The final target of this season is an ICA higher-up we saw in the tutorial who's a member of said conspiracy group called Providence.

I just savescummed it SA/SO. Hardest mission in the game yet?

>tfw I chose to bring the sheckles and not a lockpick

I'll be damned, it's the guy who hates 47 and Diana, huh?

So the Shadow Client is actually a good guy? Then why the fuck is he trying to kill 47?

Sodors is his name, I think.

Agency Pickup. Closest one is next to 47's default entry point.
He never took the shot. He was watching 47 but never did anything. He must still have some sort of use for him.

always take breaching charges on your first run. you can open any door with it and you can distract with it

He's not.

Yeah but what about the militia? Aren't they under his orders, commuting terrorist attacks?

*committing

Main reason for not even glancing at this over the past months. I'm glad the game is finally coming out, episodic shit sucks so much.

do NOT tell me how to play faggot

Today we will be beating hitman freedom fighters in half an X press

Do NOT impersonate me faggot

>no special unlocks from certain challenges

Is anyone else randomly hearing the music that plays when you get caught?

Even though I still am unnoticed it keeps playing randomly

How does it rank compared to other levels?

Whats the other levels going to be? is it to much to ask for a similar level to the one from Blood Money in the sunny San Diego suburbs where the targets are the Mobster and his Milf wife.

last episode is japan, looks like a snowy mountain resort or something

>The final target of this season is an ICA higher-up
so basically a repeat of absolution?

not really. i mean, for suit only maybe, but once you get a disguise, it's no harder than any other missions.

i always replace the useless fiberwire with a lockpick.

because 47 is a bad guy

I don't like the new Hitman

>The music is shit
>It feels like there's no heart in the episodes like they didn't have time or didn't even try. It kinda feels like hitman but there's no soul, no depth likt the previous games.
>Same two voice actors for every god damn person
>No weapon customizing
>No armour/vests
>Fucking health regen
>The AI is dogshit
>Two handed weapons just float on your back. In Hitman One, two, three and four you had to hold that shit
>Don't get me started on that assassin vision shit

I wanted to enjoy it but it just feels like a husk of a real Hitman game

Knocking people the fuck out with a soda can is fun though

>get balaclava militia disguise
>stroll up to shooting range
>try joining in the fun
>die

>The music is shit
Agreed

>It feels like there's no heart in the episodes like they didn't have time or didn't even try. It kinda feels like hitman but there's no soul, no depth likt the previous games.
It actually has more depth

>The AI is dogshit
Literally the best A.I. in Hitman history

>The rest of your post
Who cares?

Is the scarecrow the only unique disguise?

>guard at interrogation tank starts taking macho selfies in front of the prisoner
Its the little details.

It's pretty good, you have 4 targets instead of the usual 2, which keeps it interesting and challenging.

It's sad that everyone is super military dude so there's very little blending in to do, and it gets odd when people see through your disguise, while you wear a full face mask. Do they know everybody's eyes?

Also fuck you Square for having them play Kayne and Lynch, why do you like that series so much?

I agree with this post in 100%

what
said.

47 is actually more morally depraved than the shadow client most likely. 47 would have taken that shot in that circumstance without hesitation no matter how close they were.
That staring at him through his scope is 47 telling him he knows he won't do it as he's not a complete psychopath like 47.
Nice to have a reminder that we are indeed playing the bad guy in this series.

"everything's linked"

holy shit again? whhhy

I agree about the music and the lack of atmosphere, but it's still a ___fun__ game

>yfw D'Alvade's pic showed up

I wish we had a hit where the client specifically asked for it to look like an accident.