Does anyone want to start a fighting game with me?

Does anyone want to start a fighting game with me?

I know there'll be at least a few of you out there with a fighting game sat in your library. You wanted to get into it but you didn't have anyone to play with or you couldn't get a grip on the basics and you gave up. I want to try one out, learn and improve alongside someone else, but online randoms body me every time. Let me know if you're interested, I'm up for pretty much any game.

Other urls found in this thread:

instant-gaming.com/en/671-buy-key-steam-street-fighter-v/?currency=USD
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

you have SFV?

I suck at fighting games but have Skullgirls if you do as well

However I doubt there would be much improvement from me, I'm not the type to look up combos or shit like that

me, except i already started a month ago and am probably too good for you now

putting a scrub against a scrub makes both players worse, when you first start the best thing you can have is someone better than you

post steam OP

See me in KoF 2002 in fightcade.

cammy still has her nipples?

Nice, how's it going for you?

I do have SFV, steam's draevn227. If you want to add me we can try a few games, set up a battle lounge if there's a few of us.

who arcana heart here

>Play through single player of a fighting game to learn my character as well as how the mechanics and systems work
>Try online
>Get raped
>Ask for advice
>"Oh, you've been playing against bots? There's your problem"

How the hell else am I supposed to learn the game? Just dive head first into online as a total newbie? I get that playing with people better than you can help you get better and all, but there are limits. If you send a 7 year old doing their first karate class against a 35 year old martial arts master they're not going to learn a damn thing.

Also, why do so many fighting games refuse to explain anything? It's especially a problem with Japanese fighting games. A lot of the time I have to rely on fan made wikis.

A friend of mine and me search desperately for more long time lads to play in SFV and maybe MKX.

We both started fighting games with SFV and are still relatively new (only around 100hours clocked).

post steam

how about gg reloaded?

I just bought an arcade stick and wanna learn how to use it so just post your steam so we can play some

there's no fighting game on pc that isn't dead other than sf5 and it costs 100 leafs in cancuckland.

>How the hell else am I supposed to learn the game? Just dive head first into online as a total newbie?

practice mode exists for a reason

Anowood

NA or EU

Buy it on a key site

bots are okay for a while but they end up teaching you bad habits in the long run. learn by fighting actual people, you're going to lose more often than not but let that be a learning experience for you. watch your replays to see what you're doing wrong, see what your opponent's doing, etc. watch videos of pros using your character to get a basic idea of what to do in a match. practice and experiment on your own in training mode. and of course have the drive to get better and keep improving

Getting beat is part of learning. If you can't look at a match and see what you did wrong then you obviously were just mashing with no idea what you were doing. Thus you need to go into practice and figure out the use of your tools

> If you send a 7 year old doing their first karate class against a 35 year old martial arts master they're not going to learn a damn thing.
matching matches you against people of similar level

EU

link me to one that's reputable and I'll play with you

I'm just gonna make a lobby

US-E, but I get good connection overseas

CFN: Losion
Rounds: 3
First to 1
Chararcter select on
Password: 1111

all i want is a new darkstalkers game but seeing how street fighter v failed the heads at capcom probably won't ever green light another fighting game again.

that and nu-capcom is terrible and incompetent.

anyone who wants to join add

Anyone tryna play blazblue

instant-gaming.com/en/671-buy-key-steam-street-fighter-v/?currency=USD

coming

host changed to Draevn

making skullgirls beginner lobby

Join some Discord channels.

>Getting beat is part of learning.
This.
You should look for people that can beat you, not for the easy win.

Nigger needs to accept the friend request.

just play vsav

Search the lobby

anybody wanna make an eu lobby in SFV ?

this lobby should work fine there are yuros in it

if you guys want me to back off just say so

gg chun smart playstyle

how the fuck do i beat juris v-skill?
it hits from full screen distance and is super fucking fast

Is there still room in the lobby?

You hear ....READY.... then you block in front of you and immediately behind you

I think so

There's room for 2 more

if i manage to block both hits, is she at least minus? can i punish it on block?

It's -10 you can get everything but the heaviest

ok thanks
ill go into training and practice blocking it on reaction, once i get that down i will try to punish it with st.mp - cr.hp - h.DP (i play ryu)

I'll play SFV, MKX, GGXrd SIGN or KOFXIII (getting XIV soon). PSN: Emoney244

when sfv eu lobby?

join our lobby

Did you even try the current lobby?

Current one is full of yuros

Killer Instinct is alive. More active than SFV, even. Takes much less time to find a game.

we have one up right now, info is somewhere in the thread i think

players are mostly europeans, and one USE dude

killer instinct is on pc?

requires windows 10

There's a free version of it on the microsoft store, you only get 1 fighter tho

You get two now. Do the tutorial in Shadow Lords and Jago is permanently free.

training mode is the only single player mode that matters.

I'm still on 7. don't feel like there's much point in upgrading until i get a better cpu and gpu.

> training mode
> watch pros and see what they do
you dont need fancy combos or anything, just the basic, learn your normals and maybe 1 BnB combo and thats it, biggest issue when starting is what to do and when to do it.
if a game has trials or a tutorial, do it, GGxrd is specially good