Me and my buddy can't decide which one to buy for some fun coop, suggestions?

Me and my buddy can't decide which one to buy for some fun coop, suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

kf-wiki.com/images/8/8d/Christmas_Menu_Stalker.png
kf-wiki.com/images/9/90/Circus_Menu_Stalker.png
youtube.com/watch?v=Iioso0ozroE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Vermintide is decent but it has a shit loot system and you won't find many people playing it so I would only get it if you've got 4 or so people to play with.
Killing Floor 2 isn't as bad as everyone says but it's pretty fucked up that it's still in early access somehow and there have been some questionable updates such as the one to make certain zeds highly resistant to certain classes. At the end of the day KF2 just lacks something that made KF1 so charming and fun.

They are both similar but I think KF2 will give you the most bang for your buck

Most of the issues with KF2 have been fixed so far but there are some things like the new voice lines and the lack of an insult player button that keeps the original relevant

Isn't the a taunt player? Just bind it to something.

Are there finally a good selection of community maps?
I played KF2 at release and I was disappointed most by the complete lack of maps compared to the first, this was to be expected as the first was around for a long time and KF2 had just released in EA but still.

Vermintide has the shittiest RNG grind for loot to the point where entire days thrown at it might give you fuck all. It's also full of autists on anything higher than normal, which you need for decent weapon chances but good luck dealing with the arse community.

KF2 you can just dive in and play, level up some before jumping on higher modes, it's ok.

Any thoughts on the latest KF2 perk being a jack of all trades?

lazy copout

>No West London
>No Mountain Pass
>No Office
>No Old Biotics Lab
>None of the seasonal maps

No it still has shit map selection and weapons but the perks are almost all done.

meaby wait for shadow warrior 2?

there are 3 officially in the game right now, to a total of like 12 official maps

there are a bunch of non-official workshop ones that are also pretty good, though

There are some decent ports of west london and office, and a slightly buggy port of old biotics lab

KF2 was pretty crap up until a patch or two ago. It's fun now, I find my playtime split between Support and Sharpshooter depending on what my mates want to do. They seem to have messed with the XP system so you get levels more frequently to keep it interesting, but not to quick that you get bored. The perks (after the big patch) got changed and they seemed to have listened to the community about most of the changes, so the perks tend to be a 'fun' choice. (Some are still better than others, but it's not as if you can't just fuck around and experiment. You can change perks between waves at any point)

Disclaimer: I never played KF 1, I have 41 hours in KF 2.

Vermintide did a bunch of good things as far as I was concerned, the atmosphere was spot on. It -feels- Warhammer fantasy. The characters and their banter is good and nothing feels out of place. They got the Skaven absolutely perfect and killing them is a joy. I played Empire Soldier 99% of the time and murdering ratmen with the 2h Warhammer is so much fun.

The downsides with Vermintide is that (as other anons have said) the Loot system is -shit- and while the first few things you get feel like a thrill, you'll soon be wading in a sea of greens (and a few blues) that you don't want for characters you don't play. Yeah, you can melt them for a chance at other loot but it takes a long time to get anywhere. There is no 'character progression' so you can't set your Empire Soldier up any differently aside from weapon choices... which most of the time you have to rely on RNG loot rolls for. The maps are (usually) big and beautiful, but they often take a while to complete and when you do really well.... you'll probably get a shit green item for a class you don't play.

I have 25 hours in Vermintide.

Final say: Between the two, get KF2. You'll probably end up playing it more. If you can get Vermintide on sale, it's worth it if you're a Warhammer fan (or like Melee co-op) but don't pay full price for it.

probably the best decision the could have made in the circumstances.

There wasn't really anything else it could have been that isn't silly gimmicky bullshit and ninja was basically just sorted into zerker's right side skill paths and the katana. They announced that it wasn't the dragon like a month and a half ago so i doubt it's due to time constraints, so much as martial artist not being good enough.

I've always really wanted more viable offperking like early on in the game, rather than the fairly strict progression we've got now. It was fun back in the day when i was below level 5 on all my perks and i could just carry a shotgun and a hammer and a flamethrower without worrying about missing out on my bonuses.

Of course, it sucks to not get to see any new weapons, which are generally the exciting part of the update.

Shouldn't have bothered if they couldn't think of anything new to mix up the current pool. If they came to that conclusion they should have just focused on a new boss and a new zed.

all of these are in as custom maps

Vermintide even with its flaws beats the utter mess that is KF2.

Was gonna say this, it looks like it has a cool coop system and it has some replayability with that thing about customizing weapons with gems if I saw correctly in one of the videos.

KF2

500 daily peak versus 2700 daily peak.

KF2 will be worked on and updated probably forever, albeit at a glacial pace.
Vermintide is pretty much dead.

KF2 is actually good now.
But it still takes way to long to level characters so i recomend getting the EZ EXP mood map.

>EZ EXP mood map

Please elaborate, I'm fucking stuck in the lvl 24 medic limbo.

>actually wanting to buy the shit early access sjw pandering scam KF2

Just look up any server using the perk training map in the server browser.

Meant for

Buy both on G2A for cheap

Vermintide is fun to play, even when playing with randos or at least in my experience. Has one dlc that adds three or four maps, but as far as I know they're not necessary. I tend to play as the elf with the true seeker bow that auto homes headshots which is useful for taking out the armored rodents. It also has a simple loot creation system of breaking down weapons and items for materials and then forging something new from them. You can also use said items to upgrade stats or change bonuses from weapons if they have them available. If it wasn't for the shitty loot system I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to you over Killing Floor 2, but even then you're able to get everything without spending an extra cent, just might take a bit of time.

A lot of people are upset over how Killing Floor 2 was handled during this time. Slow updates, csgo style microtransactions including the whole skin quality of battle damaged, used, and mint/factory new, I didn't know Tripwire had copied that from csgo until recently resistances which have been toned down significantly if not outright removed, and teleporting zeds which has to my knowledge not been removed and instead has been changed in that the zed will teleport after 30 seconds of you not seeing it instead of the original timer of 5 or 10 seconds.

I've got 400+ hours on the first Killing Floor and plan on getting the second one, but I'm waiting for the Halloween sale and hopefully it's half off. If that's the case I'll check g2a and see how much cheaper it is.

Check some gameplay videos op and talk to your buddies and go from there.

Killing floor 2 has more players. I fucking love vermintide but it's pretty dead.

Do you want to support this man?

KF2

KF2, by far.
This is coming from an old, huge Warhammer fan: Vermintide fucking SUCKS ASS.

zeds will only teleport if stuck

kf-wiki.com/images/8/8d/Christmas_Menu_Stalker.png
kf-wiki.com/images/9/90/Circus_Menu_Stalker.png
I wonder why he would ever change his mind.

It's safe to assume that's how it's supposed to work now or before the patch? Because if you're trying to say they only teleported because they got stuck before whatever changes they made then I'd ask you to kindly show me where the sirens got stuck in the video.
youtube.com/watch?v=Iioso0ozroE

Out of the two games i have to choose from here, he's involved with the better one. Sucks, but I'm here for the video games, not the bullshit politics.

I'd personally go with Vermintide. The playerbase may be abysmal, but as long as you can team up with at least one person then it's fine. With that said, my problems with KF2 is that each update they fuck up the balance even more and also >early access

In a way you're making a choice between the new L4D and Horde Mode.

Also the fact that it's medieval Warhammer gives it a breath of fresh air imo.

>Baww! He didn´t add bikinis to muh zomby-shootan gaem!! Must be an SWJ!!!
your tears are delicious.

Honesty he's a fag for saying that, but he obviously doesn't actually believe it. He just wants good PR while doing what he already does; whatever the fuck he feels like doing.

I agree with him in the department of making characters you'd like to be instead of characters you'd like to fuck. Although I find both things valid and not in opposition.

The real problem is
>muh soggy knees

the latest update made KF2 very, very good.
The "early access" is a literal joke at this point. The game´s been more "full" than KF1 was for the whole first year or two, for quite some time now.

Played some couple dozen hours of Vermin last year. To put it short, it was pretty awful, and while the devs did push out patches, they never actually fixed any of the most glaring problems. The fact that it´s technically a melee-centric L4D isn´t really that great either.

That might be the least of the problem user.

yeah thats how it works now that it was fixed

>the latest update made KF2 very, very good.
Was it? Haven't played it in months, I think. I remember them making the sharpshooter or commando, worthless then I stopped caring.

>The fact that it´s technically a melee-centric L4D isn´t really that great either.
Well, I find that to be the whole appeal to it. The mentality of the game is not the same as L4D because you're not supposed to be an unstoppable killing machine, you should be avoiding hits and combat in general because of the melee.

Vermintide sure as fuck as many technical problems but they have fixed the game breaking ones long ago, as well as the formerly terrible loot and crafting system. I still like the novelty of playing with 3 people as we skirmish around the streets fending off hundreds of skaven with steel alone. In a way, it gives you more incentive to replay than L4D ever did. And it's funny that it tips its toes into the survival horror much more than L4D did, but Vermintide doesn't make use of it and instead makes everything somewhat bright and colorful.

it's pretty decently balanced now and comes out of EA in a month and a half

The banter between the five heroes is good, especially since some of it is determined by who isn't on your team. It'll get you through a couple of runs of the game but there isn't enough of it, and the loot isn't very satisfying even after the system was changed. There's enough content to justify the price at the minute, there's just a chance that we won't get any more of it the rate development is going.

Bar a few real duds like the one-handed axes, there are some really satisfying weapons to use in it at least, like the longsword or the handgun. With the right staff, magic as the Bright Wizard makes you feel unstoppable.

Both are shit/ded

Wait for Spess Hulk Deathwing

pretty much everything got balance changes that made perks really good and strong. Pretty much all of the choices are viable (bar for maybe a few)

They added the SWAT class which is basically just commando but with SMG's.

The final perk was announced, which is a sort of all-purpose build-your-own perk with whatever off-perk weapon you please, which sounds pretty cool but it's a bit disappointing that it doesn't seem to come with it's own bundle of 4 new guns, which are the main, juicy part of every update.

You should give it a try again its good shit

KF2 now because its not as bad as it was

I'd play it until WH40k Deathwing is out

>It's fun now.

Fun does not = good

>I never played KF 1

That explains it.

There's some community maps, but don't expect anywhere near the quality of KF1 community maps because the gore system that actively writes to a big level-wide texture map requires that every bit of level geometry is a static model and since Unreal Engine 3 doesn't let you convert BSP brushes to statics like UE4 does, most of the community maps use the fucked up lego blocks that were provided for blocking out maps, meaning most level geometry is cubic and stuck on a huge grid. Doing anything decent with it requires owning all the tools to make game assets and knowing how to use them.

Wait so their gore system only works on static decals?

What the fuck man Left 4 Dead 2 did this 7 years ago we should be past that with the hardware we have now.

Why do more people play Left 4 Dead 2 over Vermintide? It's not fucking fair.

Because it writes straight to a texture so that the decals never go away/can be modified.
>only works on static decals?
Oh ok you've got no idea what you're talking about anyway.
It only works on MODELS with a UV map (For dummies: That's the thing that tells the texture where to go on the model) that it can use to create its own map that it writes to, so that there can be shit-tonnes of blood and there's no performance cost associated with the number of blood splats in a scene.

>Fun does not = good

what the fuck

Oh I mis-read it as that ONLY static models can have UV maps for the blood to be dynamically painted on.

Thanks for the correction user.

I really struggle with a lot of the weapons and perks in KF2. I hoped to be a firebug but the starting weapon is abysmal and I can't make enough money for good weapons.

The eviscerator is also really pointless in comparison to the pulverizor. Especially now that it can stun zeds. Sometimes I hit zeds with the saws and they walk it off, it sucks.

for a L4D like game, iv put a lot of hours into vermintide, hell for some odd reason even 3 of my cheap as fuck friends bought it too. Its loads of fun but after a while it suffers from not having any custom maps/game modes.

KF2 is still a good game but not nearly as good as kf1, get it while its on a sale

The issue is purely with bsp geometry, since it doesn't use UV coordinates. Without bsp, it's a lot more difficult to make interesting geometry in custom maps without knowing how to use regular 3D modeling tools, since you can create and modify bsp geometry right in the level editor but no engine gives you decent tools to make a new 3D model inside of its SDK, meaning that you need a whole lot more than just the SDK to make a map that isn't just slapping a bunch of premade models together. This is why the majority of KF2 community maps are going to look shitty for the foreseeable future.

Yeah fuckwad, we know. 'Fun is a buzzword'.

KF2 if you have a gore fetish, Vermintide if you have a gore and high fantasy RP fetish.

It's not a buzzword you goddamn retard. It just says nothing of the quality of the game.

vermintide is a duller l4d w/ a gay loot system

kf2 is killing floor