Super Mario Maker - Randomized Limited Palette Challenge

It is time

First we need to decide some parameters for the randomizer

How many items should we use? (24 being the max)

Should we include or exclude any specific item?

No restrictions on game type, auto scroll or timer okay or should we just let it randomize?

Feel free to shill your levels here as well

i need this game

I'd say let's include the mushroom and arrow/checkpoint. In addition I'd say we should add around 10 other elements (on normal and shaken form). If we use the randomizer, I'd say to make sure to reroll ceraton elements if their inclusion wouldn't make sense (there is no need for the p switch if neither coins nor destructable blocks are allowed).

I hope there's people from the previous LPCs to give us ideas on how to handle it. I have the results from one of them, but not the other. I honestly like 12 as a number of items so far, but we'll see what others think first.

*in normal
*certain elements

Fucking phone.

Normal and shaken forms are a must, and I like the idea of making a checkpoint an absolute necessity.

I feel the game type, auto scroll, and timer should be up to the creator's discretion, but at the same time limiting what someone can do can possibly lead to interesting levels. What does everyone else think?

I'm against restrictions like that because that way we'll get a better variety of levels to play. Ultimately, it should depend on the elements that are allowed to use. If you're forced to make it an autoscroller but only have one type of ground available, we might end up with a bunch of very similar levels, for example.

Fair enough, I see your point.

Mushroom and Arrow added, item limit set

Okay, I've restricted the "no restrictions" rule. We're going with randomized game type, auto scroll and timer

Ready to hit the randomize button or any more suggestions?

Forgot muh image

I'm ready. Anybody else got something to add?

Looks good to me user.

And here are the results!

>Remix
I dunno about this though

The Remix part makes this quite hard.

I think we're supposed to ignore the "game type" and only focus on the items being restricted. Although I admit I'm a bit iffy on magikoopa. Any thoughts?

Gotcha. I'm not sure about the Magikoopas either. I rarely use them. But now I'll be forced to look into them a bit more. Unless I decide to leave them out. We're allowed to do that, right? Or are we to use each element at least once?

I'm cool with the Magikoopa honestly, just don't go crazy with them people. You can do some interesting things with their ability to change blocks.

Try to use every element to the best of your abilities

Also here's the final rules

Do we have to do an auto scroll level too? Or are we just using the 12 items as the only restriction?

You know what, fuck the auto scroll

We'll keep the time limit though

Final final rules

How long do we have to complete these levels?

Bump

Have em ready October 1st

We usually have good SMM threads on Saturdays anyway and we can decide on another challenge on the same day.