Miss me yet?

Miss me yet?

nope

Xrd friend here, fuck you SF4 for being the first fighting game my friends tried to really get me into. I liked playing 2 casually on the SNES but what a fucking horrid intro to the genre

I miss both.

The SF community is so full of fucking diehard SFV defenders you can't talk about any negatives the fucking game has, SFV is not the end of the world like some fags say but there are lots of things that need to be changed to make the game more freeform and fun.

The problem is I could keep playing SF4 and 3s forever but I got bored with SFV like 4 months in.

I'm struggling really really hard to find out why I don't enjoy playing sfv as much. I think it boils down to bullshit lp anti airs and the seeming lack of whiff punishes and the flow when you apply pressure. There's just so much damn pushback that it doesn't feel good to manouver your character around.

Yeah, but a lot of that is nostalgia I had for the FGC getting big, going to my first EVO, etc.

Plus SF4 Bison was like a character made just for me... SF5 Bison not so much.

>SFV is so basic it makes USFIV look like marvel

holy fuck

Only streammonsters and people who didn't understand the game do.

Yup because it has the best juri not this bull shit character wearing her skin in v.

fuck no
sf5 is even worse somehow but make no mistake, sf4 is a piece of trash

The game boils down to making very preemptive reads and every character has the same strategy as far as RPS goes, there isn't much variation in the type of matchups you are going to get and the game gets very stale to play and watch.

SFV is pretty much the Resident Evil 6 of Street Fighter.

Admittedly yes. I still haven't found a suitable character in SF V. I miss having a decent Zangief and Dudley. i was thinking of buying USFIV on the ps4 the other day but I heard that version has numerous bugs and isn't up to par with the PS3 or 360 versions.

>The SF community is so full of fucking diehard SFV defenders
Not that I've really seen.
People play SFV... because other people play SFV. People just want to be where the other people are even if they don't care for the game much (see LoL). Kind of an odd self fulfilling prophecy.

I still play vs CPU and online once in awhile. SFV not as fun or varied as USF4 and it could take a old fossil company like Capcom years to fix it or go with a new game.

I'm actually kinda playing 4 still a little bit because I never grinded sf4 online past super at my local and then lost interest. I don't have any real attachment to 4 though. Mostly a 3s player.

I've actually started picking up KOF 13 and holy shit this game is FUCKING HARD holy moly. Feels very nice though, just extremely challenging.

You just broke my hyperbole detector.

>I've actually started picking up KOF 13
fucking why

Right I think you're onto something there. 4 had more bullshit ambigious shit, but it also had a lot more moment-to-moment situations and mindgames that appeared all the time. At least it feels that way.

>it's me, crouching short into 300+ damage combo without super

fuck off

Idk the pixel art aesthetic is neat to me and I think some of the characters look fun. 5 just isn't my game so I kinda need something else to get into.

>It's me, 5 hits into a hard knockdown then dicking around at neutral for 99 seconds

nope

this game is so hype holy shit. melee elitist are cancer but I would rather keep 3rd strike has the main sf at EVO than either USF4 or SFV.

3s is trash at high level

you mean the only players who lke the spotlight are the cheap cheesers

yeah walking backwards and whiffing normals for meter is soooo hype bro
watch out that guy just option selected a parry and landed a 60% damage geneijin
epic man just epic, what a hype and fast paced game

Reminder SFV can never be good just because patched wont fix the games mechanics.

>he isn't playing KOF

>cheap
how can you make a post like this in 2016

I actually did for a period, and ended up going back to it. Jesus christ all the shit in this game just hits you like a train and makes it really clear why nobody actually ends up going back and playing it seriously.

as a dude who only plays on a casual level with friends, but watches all the tourney streams, I do miss Ultra.

more variety of characters, and for all the storylines and rivalries and personalities that had been built up over the years

SFV is just "I wonder if someone will beat Infiltration oh wait"

indeed.

They could make major changes like they did between Alpha 1, 2 and 3, but I won't get my hopes up.

When will my Sakura return...

But user, it never left?

i just came to see if anyone posted makotos yet.

>implying any alpha game is good
a2 got very close but custom combos ruin the neutral game at high level

Third Strike fags are the WORST. Exactly the same as Melee purists.

Why bother. Karin was already ruined, don't bring Sakura into it.

I didn't imply anything. Learn to read.

I've been looking to get into the series. Is 5 really that bad? I haven't played any others to compare it to, so the flaws probably won't be that noticeable to me.

Or should I go for 4, which most fans seem to love?

I wouldnt go that far. alpha gold and 3rd strike are the only SF games I like but I dont think anyone in its right mind consider them as gods gifts or best games ever made.

>4, which most fans seem to love
LMFAO

3 is dead and shit, 4 is dead and shit, 5 is boring shit, play guilty gear or sf2t on fightcade instead

Eh. Hugo / Poison / Rolento / Elena was kinda fucked.

Rolento and Decapre just felt like Seth without the fun shit. Too much gimmicky gay shit, and Elena and Hugo were retarded for opposite reasons.

Now if you had put AE 2012....

4 has more characters, but less to do single-player wise, and less people playing it right now.

do you play other fighting games? are you gonna come at this as a person who wants to buttonmash against CPUs, play with friends, or actually try and level up online? I'm assuming you aren't a tournament-caliber player or else you wouldn't even have to ask this question.

???

XIII is easy my dude, just learn to buffer and hop

although why the fuck would you put time into it, that shit was dead even when it was new

Most fans also love REmake bruh, i would advise start there, but it depends on your temperment;

Do you like atmosphere, mystery, spookiness and what lies beyond in the shadows and survival?

Or do you like action, big set pieces, gunfire, shouting and roundhouse kicks?
Running into the noise rather than hiding away from it?

In other words:do you prefer mountain climbing or hiking?

Kek wrong thread.

But its all capcom so maybe you should play these too user! :3

did you think this was a Resident Evil thread?

At least they aren't SFV apologists that continue to suck capcom's cock.

yes. ;_;

at least they aren't KoF dickriders who think their spic game is worth playing when there is literally any alternative

Haven't really played many fighting games. Tekken and Mortal Kombat a while ago, but I never actually got into it enough to be good at those games.

I guess single player would be most appealing because my internet is utter garbage. Probably have some friends around from time to time.

What kind of single player options are in 5 that aren't in 4?

It's still better than a glorified early access botnet.

>log into SFV for the first time since August
>Fight money has been deducted from your account
>literally installed a rootkit on my machine than got mad that I cheesed my way through their shitty mode for colors.

MOTHER FUCK YOU TOO CAPCOM.

SFV is really good, I just wish I could get my 100k fight money I spent on Ibuki back

literally every change they made to her was for the worse. She's practically fucking unrecognizable in terms of moveset.

>nerfed Sakura for literally no reason forcing me to switch to Vega
yeah no, AE2012 for life

>it's a bronzies hate on sfv episode

I love how people always have to post ultra or some later version of SF 4, because people know that vanilla SF 4 was highly criticized in many similar ways to SFV on release.

does usf4 have a bigger player base on ps3 or on ps4?

I still have hope for SFV
People seem to just suddenly forget that it took IV 5 fucking years before it became good.

Stop pretending that 4 wasn't in an absolut shit state 70% of the games lifetime

capcom told people that there would not be paid dlc so people expected something close to a full package at release.

YES!!! YOU WERE A GOOD GAME AND I MISS MY WAIFU!!!!!

Yes. Rootkit simulator is pretty damn awful.

me and my friends meet like 3 days after work every month just to get drunk and play street fighter recently we stopped playing 2 and been giving this a revisit, I don't know why im enjoying it so much.... might be because im wasted though

I'm platinum and I hate SFV. Not that platinum is anything to brag about in this game though.

I've never played a Street Fighter game that punished me so hard for playing patiently before. You have to constantly either be moving or taking action in neutral or you put yourself at risk to getting hit with some nonsensical shit that you should be able to react to.

It feels more like marvel than traditional SF.

Vanilla 4 was better than V. Hands down. Even early in it lifespan SF4 neutral looked clean at a high level. V neutral looks like two kids that don't know the controls messing around.

Yes. They messed up juri so bad. Why give her multiple new attacks but not keep any of the old ones for old players to have something familiar? Shit doesn't make sense. At least her model is on point though.

Yes fuck sf5 and probably when sf6 comes we'll all jack off to sf5 and call 6 shit

Guess we should just acknowledge that Street Fighter is on the decline then.