What went wrong? Didn't this used to be a niche thing on Cred Forums once?

What went wrong? Didn't this used to be a niche thing on Cred Forums once?

The Xbox360 version was heavily watered down from the PC version

Some Cred Forumsirgin made a minecraft-themed TF2 map, then some other faggot decided he'd email the map and the game to valve. Valve then advertised it on the TF2 blog and everything went downhill from there.

In hindsight I kind of regret participating in those threads and playing on the map considering what it lead to.

this was better use to have a full party and goof around with people from school it was fun as hell

There's still nothing wrong with minecraft, but it's pretty old. I can't imagine that a lot of people on Cred Forums are still playing it regularly.

Never really played it here. I tried the demo on ps3 once.

the current gen versions are actually a lot of fun to play split screen with friends, so i bought it only to realize i never have people over to my house and ive exhausted the single player

autism and LPs happened

For the most part, we just got over it. It's not the kind of thing that holds its appeal unless you're 12 or have autism.

It's also wasted potential and false promises - the video game

>accidently let slip in conversation that I used to play Minecraft
>"isn't that some kid's game"

Well that was embarrassing

Isn't minecraft the opposite of wasted potential and false promises? The game that everyone else modeled the early access procedurally generated survival crafting game after? I mean, say what you want about actually liking the game or not, but you can't deny its success and influence.

it started out great as a infiminer clone, and kept adding features

and then updates started to slow and notch spent the money on vacations. Cred Forums turned against him and he fled to reddit. they started worshiping him and weren't aware the game had a shitload of missing promised features. and then the game "released".

Nigger you make it sound like Cred Forums "discovered" notch. You're also greatly exaggerating things for the sake of saying the game was full of broken promises.

Give me some actual examples of broken promises.

I actually enjoyed the console version a lot at first, partially because I was so sick of newer minecraft versions, and if iirc downgrading and mp weren't as easy back then, plus i could play with friends who had trouble running it

Looks like somebody needs a history lesson

If that was any other company but old-valve they would have sued. Including New-Valve.

Wow you have notch's vacation schedule. Now tell me what promises he failed to deliver on.

CTF and zombie siege

>the game is nothing but wasted potential and false promises
> 2 things didn't make it into the game

Those are the false promises.
The wasted potential is another infinite pandora's box

Still a far cry from the game being epitomized by false promises.

haha

>implying those are all of them
>being this desperate to suck Minecraft's dick

Why am I seeing this thread every day? Is this shilling?

Oh yes. I'm a shill for Minecraft. You've cleverly exposed me. I am no match for your superior argumentative skills.

"I don't know, but I enjoy it" simple reply and no need to feel embarrassed.