What are some games where I can get stuck in a time loop?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FLNyWJCWJXY
youtube.com/watch?v=fVooyfaPYD8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bastion.

Majora's Mask.

Actually watched groundhog day again the other day, speaking of time loops. How long do you guys think he spent in the loop? I'm thinking at least 50 years

Also majoras mask

Bravely Second

Civilization.

That one game with the hipster lesbians

It was actually 12,403 days, or 33 years.

Anything by Uchikoshi
TimeSplitters
Bioshit Infinite
Majora's Mask
Braid

What is your reasoning for 50 years?

12,403 days is typically the accepted answer

I'll never understand the 33 years meme.

If it was that long he'd be catatonic.

Alan Wake American Nightmare, fucking hell the loops over and over again

>meme

What the fuck are you talking about?

“Malcolm Gladwell has stated that it takes anyone 10,000 hours to become an expert at any one subject, and Phil is clealy an expert ice sculptor, since the ice sculpture is the one thing in ‘Groundhog Day’ that is entirely quantifiable by what we can see on screen (playing one song well does not make anyone an expert pianist, and speaking one French poem perfectly likewise is not an indicator of expertise). Broken down that is an hour a day for 27 years, but we know Phil by now, and we know that when he figures out that something gets him closer to fourth base with Rita, he’s likely to pursue it a little more rabidly than that. So I’m suggesting an average of 4 hours per day – based also on his willingness to stick to 4 or 5 hours of card flicking for six solid months, and the impending threat of frost bite over longer periods – which brings that to just under 7 years, based on him working for consecutive days for that whole time, or more likely 10 years sticking to a traditional 5 day a week working directive.”

>catched

COLONEL O'NEILL WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!?!

its basically spoiled but this is the only game that i know of

majoras mask isnt a time loop its time travel, cant speak aboot bastion (have it but havent played yet)

lots of people dont know the difference between time travel and time loops it seems.

>If it was that long he'd be catatonic.
what?

It's actually a rip off of the short movie 12:01pm

youtube.com/watch?v=fVooyfaPYD8

> Malcolm Gladwell has stated
Stopped reading there

The oft quoted 33 years only considers the time to learn that stuff in a relatively normal situation. Any language is hard to learn, even more so without being in an intensive situation (surrounded by the language) and I do believe he actually learned it all. Piano is still difficult with a top class teacher. He didn't have these settings, he had a mediocre at best piano teacher and at the end was not only playing racmaninoff (one of the hardest to play because of both his verbalist style and the tendency for hard reaches because racmaninoff had huge hands) but was also playing jazz improv which is different than classical piano as it incorporates certain sharps and flats as actual notes/parts of chords (or something similar, been a while since I've read about piano). The same goes for all his skills, he learned dynamic skills in a static environment. That makes it way more difficult. Also I think down time was severely underestimated. He was shown to have seen jeopardy enough to have it memorized, it is not to hard to imagine he memorized everything on tv that day just due to repetition. This goes hand in hand with succumbing to existential dread which would immobilize him for a while. In a similar situation I could see myself doing nothing but staring at the ceiling for months at a time. Getting to know everyone in town intimately (shown through knowing their stories and knowing how to help and what they need help with) would take well more than a day for each person. The gay waiter likely wouldn't tell someone in a mid 90s rural small town their gay so easily.

And I think there is way more he did that they never showed. He asked to see the old guys charts. I don't think he became a doctor, but I think he probably invested at least half a year to keep him alive.

plus he probably went on multiple rape/murder sprees. No way he doesn't in the middle of his existential crisis.

to be honest i wish i could live the next 50 years in groundhog day

There's nothing saying he wasn't catatonic for months at a time

That is actually pretty well reasoned

how can we unJUST him?

I stopped watching Stargate SG-1 at the end of the 2nd season, I really wanted to continue with all the plot but some of the episodes are the dullest I've ever seen. It's a shame because I usually like these kinds of TV shows.

Old age is a bitch.

Bastion.

Actually watched groundhog day again the other day, speaking of time loops. How long do you guys think he spent in the loop? I'm thinking at least 50 years

Also majoras mask

The original manuscript actually said 10,000 years. Also he was stuck because his ex girlfriend put a voodoo curse on him.

Soul Axiom at the shitty apartment level.

Oxenfree. Not amazing, though.

>50 years
You would go incurably insane if you spent any more than two months stuck in a loop.

majora mask

He clearly spent more than two months in the loop.

Also even if he did go insane he would still be stuck. He would eventually reconcile the insanity some way. Think of it this way, suicide is often seen as a symptom of mental illness. He clearly did go insane.

That's how they came up with 33 years? Jesus, might as well just say, "33 years because it came out of our asses."

Alan Wake American Nightmare, fucking hell the loops over and over again

>Also he was stuck because his ex girlfriend put a voodoo curse on him.
inb4 reddit but: Yikes.