Sega will be doing a lot of PC ports in 2017, Vanquish is alredy confirmed if I'm not mistaken

Sega will be doing a lot of PC ports in 2017, Vanquish is alredy confirmed if I'm not mistaken.

Anything else you'd like to see on Steam?

Other urls found in this thread:

tssznews.com/2016/08/24/coo-of-sega-of-europe-we-have-some-ips-releasing-on-pc-2017-well-have-announcements-at-end-of-2016-about-some-of-them/
rockpapershotgun.com/2016/08/04/vanquish-pc-port-teased/
pcgamer.com/platinum-games-co-founder-hints-at-vanquish-pc-port/
youtube.com/watch?v=EBYlaBm6-Mo
youtube.com/watch?v=z7Gxaao4r4M
sonymobile.co.jp/xperia/docomo/miku/
youtube.com/watch?v=PGWCwxEkefA
youtube.com/watch?v=PgKmSixrrMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DY8WZe7g850
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No Sega blows and so do you, fuck off

you tell'em bro

Panzer Dragoon.
It's time.

Sonic Unleashed

Yakuza maybe, game looks fun

U mad sonygger.

You better not be shitting me OP.
Vanquish is amazing.

Is there a list of shit Sega is porting?

Maybe Yakuza, if anything just to see the rivers of mad sonyggers' tears.

Not confirmed. But the co-founder did say this about Vanquish for PC during an interview.
>AARON: Is there any possibility that Vanquish will get a PC version?

>KOTAKU: It would be a good idea to release Vanquish on PC.

>INABA: (smiling) Hrm. I wonder... If you stop recording, I can talk about that. (laughs)"

Infinite Space

Jet Set Radio Future

There is already a working port, but the company responsible (GameTap) lost the rights and went out of business. I could have sworn I played it on GameTap at some point, but it was so long ago I might be misremembering.

More Sonic Boom

Bayonetta 2 please

burning rangers port
outrun games re-released
JSRF port
sanic heroes re-release
billy hatcher re-release
reboot shining

Nope, they just gave some really ague statment about porting most of their IPs to PC

Hoping for Bayo. Shenmue 3 is alredy confirmed as well

tssznews.com/2016/08/24/coo-of-sega-of-europe-we-have-some-ips-releasing-on-pc-2017-well-have-announcements-at-end-of-2016-about-some-of-them/

burning rangers
virtual on

Bayo 2

Bayonetta 2

>Eternal Arcadia on nothing but shitty Gamecube/Wii forever

To play that game on another console is one of my one wishes from them.

I don't even care if it's the original Dreamcast version.

Valkyria Chronicles 2
Valkryia Chronicles 3
7th Dragon III: Code VFD
Jet Set Radio Future
Also Vanquish isn't confirmed, just heavily hinted at.
>SEGA
>not being a great company

not sure if there is new info released, but it's "possible" if that means anything
rockpapershotgun.com/2016/08/04/vanquish-pc-port-teased/

Bayonetta 2

Ninty own the assets and publishing rights to Bayo 2; they'd have greenlight any move to other platforms.

is yakuza coming to pc?
i've heard there are some rumours but the cucks on neogaf are saying no, is it just because they don't want to lose their last sony exclusive?

>Vanquish confirmed

you shut up RIGHT NOW WHERE DID YOU READ THIS

It's been outright shot down by both Sega's official support line and Cred Forums's favourite son John Hardin.

nothing is confirmed yet, just "implications"

It's a rumor, already posted in this thread: source: pcgamer.com/platinum-games-co-founder-hints-at-vanquish-pc-port/

Fucking this. It's so annoying seeing that one autist say SEGA doesn't care about PC despite them making more money from PC than consoles. The only grounds he has to stand on is that Yakuza is an exclusive, even if it's a niche as fuck exclusive.

The games aren't even good.

VC 3 with updated graphics would be such a good game and it would sell like hotcakes.

I want to see Shadowrun for the Sega CD ported to PC.

>Implications
>Implying you're not shitting your panties in anticipation.

I've been hurt too many times user...

I'd like to see PC ports that aren't exclusive to steam.

>reboot Shining

I want another Shining Force game as much as the next guy, but unless they happen to go Sonic Mania route with it, that's an idea not worth pursuing.

I'll settle for a collection instead.

what's the explanation for the "ps4 console exclusive" on the cover then?

>VC 3 with updated graphics would be such a good game and it would sell like hotcakes.

How about even just fucking translated!

I would suck someone's dick for a good port of Daytona USA. And a re-listing of Outrun 2006. And Sega Rally/2, Scud Race Plus and Daytona USA 2 while we're at it. Maybe Virtua Racing. And all the games on the goddamned Xbox, particularly Orta and JSRF. Also Crazy Taxi 2 because I liked it. And Yakuza, Shining, Virtual On. Seriously, there's a disappointing lack of Virtual On mentions in these threads.

Presumably it's meaning that it's exclusive down to a third-party decision as opposed to Sony funding/partially funding it.

Max Anarchy

Yakuza

I always tell mustards on my Steam friends list about it, and they're stuck with 1 and 2, because they're too poor to buy consoles.

Just imagine Vanquish at 120fps.

There was a version of Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram on the 360 XBLA. Hori even released a twin stick controller in Japan for it.

Daytona they don't have the rights for the name or the main car I think so its a no go. Sega Rally original prob has the same prob as all 3 cars were real + licensed.

>won popularity contest for Sony to localize it
>niche

played yakuza 0 on friend's ps4, LAST YEAR,
what now sonygger?

Just like Automata and SFV right :^)

They have the same phrase in the cover

>the popularity contest itself was obscure

>despite them making more money from PC than consoles

smooth butt sliding action

Cool, did you enjoy it?
I hope Zero comes to PC, because they said they wanted to remake all the games up to 5 for the new generation, and that would be awesome to push to PC.

since it's still selling consoles in asian area's I doubt it's coming to pc anytime soon.

Sony are inconsistent themselves with the labelling, and I know that you you know that as well. I'm just telling you what the PR guys have been saying in an official capacity, senpai.

Was it though?

We can only hope. The more attention Yakuza gets, the better.

>he doesn't know

Sega fucking blows, they state that PC multiple times is profitable and they never do anything, pair that with Atlus' hatred for PC and you get a pile of shit

the fucking king of leaving money on the table

>Just like Automata

No he didn't. I can dig up what he said if you want.

He said "for now, it's for PS4". Emphasize on "for now". Different than the Sega representative who said "PS4 version is the only version that will exist in the west".

Now watch the GOTY/HD/remaster edition, a different game, release on Steam.

absolutely best game in series, only thing bad about it is ps3 tier graphics on a ps4, something 2012 sleeping dogs by literal whos did better

this is just a western PR guy, John doesnt know shit

>Valkyria Chronicles sells pretty respectably on Steam
>they channel the money earned from that into a PS4 remaster of the original and a Vita port of the Japan-only Azure Revolution

Oh, Sega.

Well it was a PS3 port basically. But it's REALLY weird that Ishin's port looked better.

>VC sells so well that it makes a Remaster for the PS4 and an exclusive sequel

like pottery

You'd be retarded to think it's not his job to convince you to blow your money at release. He has no obligation to play fair with you and the law doesn't make him so they don't.

There's really no telling whether it will get a PC release or how far out it will be.

>PS4 port is and sells worse than PC port
>Azure is another god awful Vita game just borrowing the IPs name

how do pc gamers even win this war,
>buy their game, funds console game
>don't buy their game, I guess there isn't a market here
how

People always bring up the Persona 5 delay whenever talking about John Hardin's statement about anything.

If the matter we're talking about is a game's Japanese release date or anything that would involve directly with the Japanese development team, it is natural to be doubtful of his words, yes.

But when the topic is about platform availability in the west, more specifically a possible PC port, which usually only done for the western release when it comes to Japanese games, you can pretty much take what he said as a fact because he's part of Sega USA, which handles the release of Yakuza 0 in the west and unlike the Japanese release date of a game, he would know whether or not a niche Japanese game is coming to PC for the western release. And what he knows is that it's NOT coming to PC.

They already shot themselves in the dick by releasing 1 and 2 HD on WiiU to basically no sales, I doubt they're willing to take risks with PC.

If you want Yakuza, I suggest buying Binary Domain.

>if Azure sales are good they will port it to PC because they can afford it
>if Azure sales are bad they will port it to PC to recoup costs

I wonder if they know that no-one asked for this game though.

JET SET RADIO FUTURE.

>CTRL+F Full Auto
>0 results

All posters before me are faggots for not mentioning this; especially since we now have the hardware both on consoles and PC to handle the physics the games threw at you.

yakuza

UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND

was it autism

>360 fan with bad taste calling others faggots

youtube.com/watch?v=EBYlaBm6-Mo

To PC please? Or console?

>if Azure sales are bad they will port it to PC to recoup costs

Whelp, it looks like VC doesnt appeal to anyone and doesnt sell

let toss it into the death pit

Alongside Ruggarell and Barneyfag, Gladium is probably the most autistic poster on Cred Forums, yes.

Someone on /vg/ pushed him a while ago and he conceded that he barely actually plays videogames anymore due to the fact he spends so much time on imageboards trying to get into arguments with people.

Also he shilled The Witcher 3 relentlessly because he felt obliged to due to being half Polish.

why are segas arcade driving games so good.

>VC 3 with updated graphics would be such a good game and it would sell like hotcakes.

No, on both counts.

> Barneyfag, Gladium
Who are these posters? I can't remember which thread but someone always calls me Barneyfag and it creeps me out.

Oh yeah, Vanquish. That game I played, like what? Six years ago? Oh yeah, I totally care about now Sega.

Also, I call bullshit.

Sonic 06.

remember that one autist, I cant remember the board, but he fell in love with him and documented every post he had and cherished every response he got from him and put it all into a document of some sort?

there will be no one as autistic as him

Yes it would though. It would have better style than VC1 and the base game is good.

Vanquish ran at sub 30fps and it's a shooter without mouse support. It would be amazing on PC if they gave it a proper port.

>not realizing it had a PS3 sequel: youtube.com/watch?v=z7Gxaao4r4M

Who's the real faggot?

You have friends?

>the base game is good

As a portable game, sure. Next to the original it's pretty shit.

sup reddit

Pls gib me project diva f and f 2nd on steam 60fps

Jet Set Radio Future

They said JSR HD did well enough they would consider JSRF HD. But the problem with JSRF is the clusterfuck of rights since the record label the soundtrack shut down (A Beastie Boys fan consortium bought the rights since it was their label) but Microsoft helped pay for the soundtrack and sample clearances along with a fair amount of dosh to get the game made (Along with games like Crazy Taxi 3, Sega GT 2002, GunValkyrie and Panzer Dragoon Orta. Microsoft really invested heavy in Sega when they were on the ropes).

It's twice the work of JSR HD to get going and JSR they got a lot of help with restoring the original soundtrack from labels and even artists themselves because licencing has evolved rapidly thanks to games like Rock Band (Apparently Dragula was the easiest for them to land when they feared it would be the hardest)

It could happen but it would be a hell of a lot of work.

Mikua games are literally NEVER EVER due to licensing issues. Give up on it, m8

SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS

More Valkyria Chronicles please.

I want Sonic Unleashed and Valkyria Chronicles 2 and 3 to be remade. Well, 2 can be skipped because its a pile of shit but VC3 is incredible.

OP, you lie to me you die

VC3 is just as bad if not worse than VC2 buddy. You'd know that if you actually played them.

All of their games, Sega is the shit.

Anyone who says Burning Rangers hasn't played it and is just trying to get le epic hipster saturn cred. That is one of the worst games of all time.

Holy shit, a gold star member

it's my pleasure senpai

>game comes to PC
>it's locked behind DRM

I have 200 hours on VC3. VC3 is a masterpiece, stupid pc shitter.

miku and yakuza are still exclusive, valkyria azure seems to be exclusive for now

What other of their franchises matters? No sonic plz

So VC2 is a masterpiece as well. Cool.

To be fair, Azure Revolution is still Japan-only at this point. They're not gonna announce a PC version for a market where the platform isn't particularly relevant.

Wait to see if/when they announce it's coming West-ward first.

Why would anyone want a DRM-locked temporary digital license lease of a poorly optimized video game they don't actually own when they can buy an actual physical disk that can be played independently of an internet connection at the same price.
>inb4 muh graphics
irrelevant now that PS4 PRO exists
stop giving gaben your money for something that your terms of service clearly state you do not own and will never own, you are giving him money for FREE, I'm trying to help you, and also DO NOT buy shit off of PSN or Xbox live either it's the same scam, only ever buy physical, so you can disconnect your console and play without publisher interference

>inb4 pirate

if you're a pirate you're a literal piece of fucking shit that is stealing and actually the CAUSE of people losing their jobs, fuck you

Reminder that the Sega leaker from a few months ago is looking more and more accurate by the day. Full list of details he gave:

>Vanquished is planned (Bayonetta is under consideration)
>Panzer Dragoon trilogy from the Saturn have been redone by using the code from the first one's PC port and ripping the assets out of the next two to rebuild them
>Skies of Arcadia is getting a port but it'll be the DC version since it's far easier and faster to do than the GC one, which they lost the source code for
>Guardian Heroes is getting a port
>Shenmue 1+2 are getting HD remasters
>Shining Force 3 and Shining the Holy Ark are strong possibilities, as is Clockwork Knight
>Xbox exclusives are under heavy consideration for porting but they need to contact MS first for some of them.
>They're considering Gen 6 onwards games in general, actually, but for now their focus is purely on Platinum's two games and the Saturn/Dreamcast
>The team used to literally joke about porting the Phantasy Star games if they wanted to sabotage the project to get back at one of their managers, don't expect any of them to get put on PC.

Even if he doesn't know he isn't ALLOWED to tell us information unless it's publicly available. This shit happens all the time where PR people say "it isn't happening" and then out of nowhere the game is announced for a different platform. It's going to happen, no doubt about it.

>irrelevant now that PS4 PRO exists
what did he mean by this

Sounds like bullshit.

He fluffed the ownership details of Radiant Silvergun, he was just some attention seeking tool.

Some good some bad. I don't like the focus on saturn or dreamcast. They have way better games from 6th and 7th gen that deserve to be ported

i don't give a fuck about anything here but MIGU

RELEASE FUGIN MIGU NOW MOTHERFUCKERS

does miku's box say "console exclusive"?

I want Sega to write a first-party emulator to put Saturn and Dreamcast games on PC without having to remake them like they needed to with JSR and NiGHTS. I'd accept paying a larger amount for the base program itself if it meant being able to pop a Saturn or Dreamcast CD in my computer and be able to run it instead of having to re-buy the game itself.

tbf he did say that they were examining third party games as well and that it was just one of the ones he'd heard the team mention

okay yeah he was probably full of shit and was at best just throwing out any game he'd ever heard anyone there mention rather than accurately relaying information but fuck it man let me believe

you dont own the games you play on console either, they can without warning ban the fuck out of your console

it's in the terms of service

No, it says Only on Playstation

Miku's staying put, at least for the moment (The producer also shot down any notion of a port on Twitter). As the other guy said, Miku's entangled in a lot of licensing rights.

okay then, why would it be a surprise that it says exclusive? that should be obvious

We live in a time in which bureaucracy exists STILL and games are exclusive to platforms SOLELY because of tradition

what a world

>lot of licensing rights

Fucking bullshit excuse No1 for absolute anything Japan related.
No, that's absolutely not the problem at all. More likely they have too many cash going on with Sony on shitty contracts like this: sonymobile.co.jp/xperia/docomo/miku/

Nah, it's because there would be almost no other reason to buy one console over another or consoles in general

You sound like a communist faggot

>calls bullshit on them having licensing issues
>literally then goes on to list licensing issues as one of the likely reasons its not being ported

R E T A R D
E
T
A
R
D

>let marketing fuck up western release of Yakuza 1 beyond repair
>never localized PSO2
>didn't take advantage of shitty PS4 launch library by releasing Isshin in the west
>Bayonetta 2 only exists because of Nintendo
>Vanquish 2 doesn't even exist
>meanwhile they continue to try and make Sonic relevant
WHAT A FUCKING FANTASTIC COMPANY

nah, I sound like someone who likes put the power into the consumers hands by proposing choice

What should drive people to specific consoles are hardware features and manufacture exclusives

In an alternate reality:

>>We live in a time in which bureaucracy exists STILL and movies are exclusive to platforms SOLELY because of tradition
>Nah, it's because there would be almost no other reason to buy HD-DVD over Blu-Ray or formats in general
>You sound like a communist faggot

Sonic is more relevant than all of these combined, its so easy to spot non sega fans when they go on and prance about this bullshit completely detached from reality

HD-DVD WILL RISE AGAIN!

>le vidya gaems are just like le movie discs xD

software != a storage format you fucking retard

Do you hate MLP? That would explain the former. Never heard of the latter myself.

>Wanting to play the version of Skies that doesn't have bonus bosses and doesn't flesh out the villain's backstory and motivations
Nah man

Who the FUCK talked about licenses you cuck? I've just said contracts with SONY, not anything related to the OWNERS of the songs.

Still waiting on that PSO2, or has it been completely scraped?

yakuza

>he doesn't actually know what 'licensing issues' means

point at him

point at him and laugh

I wonder if SEGA will buy the rights of Freedom Planet series from Galaxy Trail and have free reigns in making the game surperior?

>software != a storage format
Not an argument. The reason games are platform exclusive is not because you can't publish them on two platforms, or even because it's difficult.

what's a yanki?

>Pointing out why my comparison is completely retarded isn't an argument
u sure about that, mistuh?

>The reason games are platform exclusive is not because you can't publish them on two platforms, or even because it's difficult.
Yes, and? There's still literally nothing wrong with exclusive games.

>this is the first formal boss fight in the game

So goddamn hyped.

youtube.com/watch?v=PGWCwxEkefA

basically a delinquent

>MU-MUH EXCLUSIVES!!! YOURE NOT TAKING THEM AWAY!!!111

Bayo 1 would be nice.

The string on a tampon.

why did they even think it would sell on the fucking WII U?

>mfw Sonic Mania literally made Freedom Planet irrelevant

I would love for PCbros to experience this.

>There's still literally nothing wrong with exclusive games.
There's nothing wrong with it, but it's not an ideal situation for consumers. In the same way, Blu-Ray and HD-DVD sticking around forever wouldn't be ideal. Until you explain why that comparison isn't valid, you haven't made an argument.

>he thinks I give a fuck about vocaloid games

lmao

two weeks in, eh?

It's not valid because they're completely incomparable to consoles due to the fact that the reason for the existence of them is entirely different.

NOOOOO, DONT TOUCH MY MIGUUUUUUUU!!!!

>Sega falling for the PC meme
They just lose a potential customer and I hope their shit flop.

>They just lost a potential customer
And gained thousands of new ones.
You won't be missed.

WHERE'S MIKU? IS SHE STILL WITH SONY? IS SHE SAFE? DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH HER YOU PCULTS

I don't understand why I never see anybody asking for Virtua Fighter in these threads.

Instead nothing but le JSRF meme game, when absolutely nobody bought the one that's out on steam right now.

They've never dropped the ball on tattoo designs. Kuze's is fantastic.

Because it's dead and other series are far better

>Dat fucking 60fps smooth
Please, my Dick can only get this hard

YAHOO~

youtube.com/watch?v=PgKmSixrrMQ

>falling for the cryptic jap jew

yes goy, buy more shit you dont want to gauge interest in games you do want

if you werent going to buy a game just because it would've been on another platform, then you wasnt going to buy the game anyways

Favorite style and theme in the game. It's so ridiculously satisfying to use.

how do people like this exist?

what does someone playing a game on another platform have to do with your enjoyment with a game?

Jet set Radio isn't?
Who played the one on dreamcast?

Do you even realize that it's likely they will actually port VF5FS on steam? Much more likely than any of these other meme games nobody has ever played and only get mentioned by a bunch of hipsters.

Panzer dragoon?
They already said they will never work with this game again.

JSRF?
Keep dreaming, they gave you JSR on steam, it was a flop.

Virtual On? Are you fucking kidding me?

Why would anyone play Daytona now?
Get real.

YOKO MAKI A CUTE

youtube.com/watch?v=DY8WZe7g850

If you could edit this post to remove the image or just delete the post altogether, you'd really be doing me a big favor. Thanks in advance.

yeah she is, what a rack on her

yeah i'd like to see an official release of PSO2 on steam. if not, then the original PSO.

hell, i'd settle for PSU. i'm fucking desperate

>wanting to have something in common with PCunts
No thanks

she's got some big boobs for a small frame

well you better stop breathing right now and kill yourself then.

Time to get off this site faggot

>ctrl+f "Anarchy"
>1 poster.

You da real nigga. BRING ANARCHY REIGNS TO STEAM.

FIGHT NIGHT EVERY NIGHT

At least Sega still owns Bayonetta 1, if they released that and Vanquish for PC everybody would cream themselves

i forgot that was sega, used to play AR all the time nigga

Need at least a few Yakuza games. And Bayonetta 1.

>what is Creative Assembly
>what is Relic
>what is Amplitude

You're asking hypothetically?

Continue growing the PC platform until consoles cease to exist. Sega supports PC, or goes bankrupt.

Not the user you responded too but:

>See your post mentioned Amplitude
>Assume you're talking about the Harmonix Game
>Look up Steam Store
>See that you're referring to the Endless Legend developers.

Well that was a bit of a mindfuck.

I doubt we'll see Sega port any Saturn games on PC as that would require "effort" (much as I would love a Shining the Holy Ark or Dragon Force port.)

> Sega
> Effort

Pick one.

Dreamcast version has better sound.

There have been tons of Daytona ports;

Two versions on the Saturn.
The original PC port.
The Dreamcast version (best version IMHO).
PSN and XBLA ports.

miku

The PC is not important in Japan.

Sega sees Japan and the West as separate markets. They see the PC market as Total War and Footie Manager.

Japan: Japanese IPs
West: Western IPs

They are not interested in promoting their Japanese IPs in the West, instead preferring to focus on TW and FM and other acquired western IPs they have poached off EA and THQ.

The dev studio that made VC is long dead, so what did you expect from an outsourced game?
It was hardly going to be faithful.

>why wont they release a game that has less than 100 players?

we might need a detective for this one

There's a disturbing lack of Virtua Fighter in here.

to be this good takes AGES
to be this good takes SEGA

> Shining Force 3

Very, very, very unlikely as parts 2 and 3 were only released in Japan.

>altered beast
>burning rangers
>ecco
>nights
>sonic and knuckles
>jet set radio 1
>virtual on

Everything else is good though, great even

Project Diva Future Tone

PSO2... oh wait

> Wanting to play the version of Skies of Arcadia which has clear audio quality.

I would love VF5FS but it's now so fucking old its a harsh truth it will look like shit on PC.

I'm playing it right now just fine on xbox one and have been finding matches :)

Every discussion about Sega is about porting old games.

Because they barely make any games of their own these days.

Makes no sense. PC can use higher settings. Even if Sega did a 1:1 port graphically, anyone could still set it to 4k resolutions.

Besides, even Tekken is coming to PC. Virtua Fighter and Soul Calibur are the last 2 fighting franchises remaining that still need to make the leap.

Shenmue 1+2 would be interesting since it would be a good tie in to the 3rd one.

VF fans want VF6, not a shitty port of 5FS.

the Dreamcast collection

Looking for Sailors Simulator 1998

I never realized Sega was ages backwards, and I'm 33.

Jet Set Radio Future

I hate that I was a dumbass 10-12year old when that game came out and didn't give it the light of day compared to Halo. I'd rather not rebuy an OG Xbox (don't have a CRT, living in a single bedroom apartment) to experience it properly...and since OG Xbox emulation seems stillborn at best...I'm fucked.

Too be fair, most of these titles are emulatable or have native PC releases. Sega is pretty solid for PC ports.

Fingers crossed for a Shenmue 1/2 HD set before Shenmue 3. I played the original on emu last year and was absolutely hypnotized by it...even if the core story was just foreplay and some elements have aged like dogshit in sunlight (voice acting, limited open world)

They can tighten up the graphics, but I want the original English voice acting