Is there anything wrong with making a game using rpg maker?

Is there anything wrong with making a game using rpg maker?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/6747-large-choices-built-in-multiple-choices/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's not that difficult to understand

hello

no
however, if you use default/generator graphics you deserve to have your game forgotten forever

i'm completely shit at art, what if i just built an entire prototype using default graphics and presented it to an artist?

RPG Maker's default battle mechanics are ass, so you have to do some heavy scripting to make a battle system that's actually interesting, at which point you're doing so much code you might as well use a more robust engine.

RPG Maker is good for making walking sims though

Thats fine.

there's a few real time battle scripts already out there that work well

I'm making a game on RPG Maker. AMA.

Literally makes you worse than Hitler and Osama Bin Laden put together.

Nope

Never forget a guy made $10,000 on Kickstarter for something that would take under an hour in RPG Maker with the default assets

how the fuck do you make an item selection menu pop up with an npc

What do you mean? Like you talk to the npc and it takes you to your item menu?

nah not your player item menu but just a menu where you can select any placed items that an npc wants to give you.

Kind of hard to explain but it's like this
>NPC: Good answer, here take whatever you like
>Item selection menu pops up

No. Elysian Shadows is being made in RPGMaker. I don't see the big issue.

>Elysian Shadows
Im fucking hype for that game, next goty boys!

But it's not

>guy is his own child

oh, uh just do "show choices" under the message section and make them give the corresponding item.
If you want anything fancier you'll need a script.

Yeah i figured as much, thanks anyway user.

is that cinematic mod breen

This seems like a helpful script at least
forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/6747-large-choices-built-in-multiple-choices/
Lets you have more than 4 choices. RPG Maker is officially better than Fallout 4.

thanks family.

Does that work with MV?

Nope. Problem is that most RPG maker RPGs don't deviate of the usual Dragon Quest/Final Fantasy formula, which the engine encourages. On the other hands we have the Corpse Party wanabees, which aren't much better either.

If you can do something good, then by all means do it.

No idea, sorry.

i think i have a decent idea, hasn't really been done before story wise in a game. I'm more worried about trying to implement gameplay that actually holds up. It has to be fun to play before anything else.

RPG Maker is only really good for making adventure games i.e. Yume Nikki.