Just got pic related on PS4

>just got pic related on PS4
>playing on hard
>playing witch doctor
>got my 2 plague hounds, templar, and SLOTH
>endless fun just shooting spirit barrage at enemies
I still don't understand the hate for this game. It's the uktimate couch co-op this and last generation (next to Fable 2)

>I still don't understand the hate for this game. It's the uktimate couch co-op this and last generation (next to Fable 2)+ 0 post omitted.
See this? That's why. Dumbass.

You got it after most of the issues had been fixed.

PC version still has required online connection, but now the real money auction house is gone. Originally there was terrible RNG for item drops, but this was fixed in PC after the first set of console releases.

Basically after a shitload of patches and the expansion, its a decent game. However it's still not even top 5 diablo style games. I enjoyed it but would really never touch the game again.

That doesn't really explain why

Personally, I like this more than 2 because of the feeling of constant progression.

But yeah, I know what you mean about the PC version. I don't have good internet so I got it on console. And I have played it on 360 pre-patch. Oh god.

Console version was fucking top tier what are you smoking? It was everything the PC version SHOULD HAVE BEEN.

>PC version still has required online connection

If you played any offline ARPG game or even D3 on consoles, you would know its filled to the brim with modded characters that ruin the fun.

Played it on both, console version is hands down far more fun.

I think you need to re-read my post. I wasn't bashing the console version (hence my fucking OP)

You dont play offline with other people since your offline..

Console d3 online is terrible just because of modders. Alone and with friends is still fun but fuck strangers.

DLC, overpriced, boring, no content.

But user, modding characters was the shit in D2, but of course as long as you PVPd/Played with other modded characters. It brought me endless hours of fun after being done with ladder multiple times on multiple characters.

it needs true random map generation, more tilesets, bottomless dungeons, and more refined monster density.

console version is better simply because you can have a full stash right away and not have to do a bunch season shit for a single tab then wait 3 months for another season to do more season shit for another single tab.

I play these games single player. I don't like that I have to connect to the server all the time.

>I play these games single player

why

Personally I don't like the gameplay design, which is to massacre tons of trash mobs very quickly.

I would have preferred a larger library of skills and spells, and enemies that required special use of those skills and tactics to overcome.

Also the campaign was too short.

>I would have preferred a larger library of skills and spells

Unless you're topping leaderboards D3s system is great because it lets you customize your build on the fly. And when you start clearing Torment levels it's swarming with mobs and mechanics.

>Campaign was too short
D3 should have been just the Adventure mode from the start

>next to Fable 2

absolute shit taste my man. Diablo 3 isn't terrible, but it pales in comparison to it's predecessor and modern peers.

Open B.net diablo 2 was another game in itself. Designing your own cheat character and just erasing people with your auras

It's pretty fun for around 20-30 hours but goes down the toilet towards the end.

Not a lot of replayability except for leveling new classes since builds aren't really a thing. The end game is pretty shitty, especially on PS4 where you don't get the ongoing support the PC version has.

The hate for the game stems from a really, really shitty launch, always online and the game not being able to hold a candle to Diablo 2 in practically every regard.

Diablo 2 was PC only
Diablo 3 is PC and console
Diablo 4 will be PC, console, and mobile
Search your heart, you know it to be true.

You must have no played the game recently. Builds are absolutely a thing. Legendarys will make you rework your character.

This is one of the strangest times where the console version was actually better than the PC. I still load it up from time to time on Xbox. Better than going back to Destiny.

It's fun as a casual game for one playthrough, preferably with friends. It just doesn't have the longevity of Diablo 2 for various reasons.

i would have felt the same way if the level design wasn't shit and you could actually use the weapon you have equipped instead of putting it away and punching or throwing frogs at demons

It has way more longetivity than Diablo 2 does by far. Maybe not Median XL tho, but we mostly just got old user. Diablo 2 was a beast of a PC flagship when it came out and people played it like an MMO. Diablo is pretty much entirely better than Diablo 2, it's just not different enough.

If you aren't going to really change it up, you have to give it a really good story, but they didn't even bother with that.