Your opinion on Wario Land 4

Your opinion on Wario Land 4

I couldn't reach the exit of the fire level that freezes over. After about 6 or 7 attempts I gave up.

it wasn't bad

I think I liked this game

Better than 3. WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE 3?
>Take everything you could do in 2
>Remove most of it
>Make shitty levels you have to complete multiple times
>Call it a day
Wew.

Wario Land 5 is better

I've actually got 3 on the go now and am enjoying it, but sort of feel like it should have ended by now. I unlocked and played the first part of the void.

Fucking GBA masterpiece.

YOUR TIME IS OVER
I'VE HAD ENOUGH

Fuck you

Why do you think of Mario Land?

I liked 3, but I also only played it when I was a kid.

Personally I feel like 3 feels really rewarding because most of the things you gain throughout the adventure feels meaningful. I didn't play through 2 before 3 so I didn't go into it feeling like I was stripped from things I could already do before.

It's a great game.

kaykay was cute

It's good, but I've always liked 2 the most.

it's pretty much the perfect game with the perfect artstyle and level design and should just have had more content

it's a fucking shame they never did Wario Land 5 that further improved upon everything

Never played it

10/10

Shake it is better

One of the best games ever made. Yes I'm serious.

MOLDY CHEESE

It's only true.

Don't do this user.

True

New Wario Land would probably be 3D like the recent Kirby games.

Great game. One minor thing I always liked about the series was the effort and humor put into the instruction manuals. Always loved reading them

>it's a fucking shame they never did Wario Land 5 that further improved upon everything

But the next Wario Land after 4, was basically Wario Land 4-2.

Pretty great. Appealing graphics, great music, excellent sound design Small number of levels made up by each level standing out thanks to unique mechanics found in each (both level gimmicks and what transformations are available) and making clever use of the 'get to the end, get back' mechanic. Some levels just fold back on themselves, others open up etc.

The basic idea of a Wario Metroidvania is fine but the game is way too linear for it to work. It turns into a system of locks and keys, and you always need Key 1 before you can get to Key 2, which you need to get to Key 3 and so on. And there's always very little you can do without doing half a dozen levels in one order.

>Wario game manuals
>WarioWare (especially DIY)
>websites (ie WL4's website), magazine columns (ie Nintendo Power's 'Ask Wario')
Wario's pretty fucking chatty.

Not a fan of the timed stuff

>both left leg and left arm moving forward at the same time in the run cycle

shit sprite

One of those games that gets to the crux of what fun is. The biggest issue with it is the Minigame system. So much went into the rest of the game, so when you get to the first minigame section you are treated to boring shit.

It took some of the best elements of the GBC sequels, the Dash Command from Wario VB and the composer of the original Wario Land and made the kind of launch year title GBA deserved from both a gameplay and a technical standpoint.

It's almost like this was a SNES game they had on the backburner and didn't crack the sucker out until GBA was revealed to them. Same could be said of Metroid Fusion.

Sure, it was no Wario Land 2 but it did show just how cartoony and off the wall a Wario Land title could get. The only crimes here is that this was the LAST portable Wario Land title we'll ever see and getting the treasure isn't as exciting by comparison to previous titles.

the game had one flaw that prevented me from seriously enjoying it, it was the layered, virtualized interaction with the levels

in mario games, you had an overworld, and then the level

in wario 4 you have
-some kind of pyramid area
-a sidescrolling area that represents that part of the pyramid
-a different representation of the same area
-the actual level
-a shop
-a boss area

that's too much, they should have just had places you visit in the pyramid, which then turned into the level

Truth

fucking scrub

Warios arms are stationary in that sprite, like Sonic.

But Wario Land 3 was my favorite childhood game...

Wario Land 4 is wonderful

>mfw having to use savestates on bosses since I'm emulating it on a phone and phone controls are shit.

Nigga, get a bluetooth gamepad.