This is basically going to be a wii u you can take with you

This is basically going to be a wii u you can take with you.

I'm beyond hyped. The wii u was so good

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_(psychology)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>The wii u was so good
agreed

The Wii U has been a console that i've enjoyed the most as an adult. I'm 29 and i haven't enjoyed a console this much since the sixth generation. And its the only console ive really invested so much in since then.

I know i'm in the minority since only about 12 million own it.

Oh,my girlfriend owns one too

I love my Wii U. Bought it at launch and, other than its recent end-of-life drought, I have no regrets.

That said, I also have a high end PC, so maybe the lack of games doesn't bother as much as others. But at least the games it does have are outstanding.

As for the NX... reserving judgement. There are just too many variables at this point.

>As for the NX... reserving judgement. There are just too many variables at this point.

You're going to get at least 15 good first party games. That alone should be enough.

>The wii u was so good

is this image legit?
was it officially announced yet?

Yes user.
It's legit.

No, he's so retarded that when nobody believe his fakes, he has to pretend to believe them himself.

I must be living in an alternate reality. I bought a wii u and split it with a friend. I only payed half price and still felt like I wanted my money back.

Randomly refused to acknolwedge the wifi network after awhile, oh I'll just plug in the Ethernet ca...Buy our official Nintendo Ethernet adapter to do that user.

Oh mario party that's ment to be fun with friends. Buy our official Nintendo wii nunchucks we don't even make anymore to play this game! The Fflint controller that came with the piece of shit can't even be used for it.

Buy our dlc amibo's to unlock cool fea.... Yea nah fuck off Nintendo. Not falling for your meme console again.

This works so well it's scary.

>wired headphones
>implying Nintendo won't go the Apple route and just cut everything for their own proprietary shit

Shouldn't a picture like this be illegal?

>The wii u was so good

If you like hot burning garbage.

>Sony swoops in and comes out with a new vita out of fucking literally no where to fuck nintendo in the ass with this fucking retarded idea
>the new vita called the "Viita" will have a 1080p screen, dual sticks with l3/r3, all your typical controls, a massive battery and will use sd cards for games.
>full seamless ps4 connectivity along with ps now, and the ability to play viita games on the cloud and download them on the fly.
>upload live via twitch, youtube, and others with built-in H.265 hardware encoding and a wireless AC dual band card

2 legit 2 quit

It sure is. Not only is that exactly how 3DS carts look, but Super Metroid is my favorite game on a 3DS cart.

>I'm beyond hyped. The wii u was so good
i wouldnt be surprised if there was a nintendork who actually honestly thought this, despite your sarcasm

>The wii u was so good
said only toddlers, with no other systems to play games on

>I'm beyond hyped. The wii u was so good
Who are you quoting?

technically it's fraud, yes. they brand fakes with the real logo and don't pretend to be fake. The author could be in trouble if they really wanted. But it's probably too far from the product for them to care.

You're thinking of Sony.

>29 year old hot pocket stained parents' basement dwelling permavirgin manchild NEET
>still comes to Cred Forums
>is a HUUGE Nintendrone, of course
>oh my girlfriend
Who are you trying to fool here?

>The wii u was so good
Was it? I can't name a single game that I liked on it. The system's game lineup was just as mediocre as the PS4 or Xbox's selections. You gotta understand, I also own a PC, so I refuse to lower my standards just because Nintendo put their brand on it. And when comparing PC games to Ninty games, it's just too a quality divide in favor of the PC. Shoot, my GOTY has been on PC for 5-6 years now, and no console could even compete.

... Then why didn't that work for the Wii U?

If something doesn't sell well, it doesn't mean it's bad.

Fuck off Andy Samberg

This is so good looking that I want it to be true. I just hope Nintendo doesn't drop the ball this time and keep the colored buttons for all the world, if that happens to be the case for Japan

a-are those... cartridges?

>UK
>Sonic ColoUrs

Enjoy your early access indie shit

Where have you been for the last 5 months? It's pretty much confirmed

that's not the point, user-kun and you fucking know it. besides, I never brought up sales numbers.

I haven't really been following Nintendo, or any console, since the Wii U came out.

This place really is Nintendogaf.

You fuckers are no better than Dobson, grasping at straws to prove to everyone you struck a value deal on the WiiU.

>popular = good always

>Early access indie games are still better than every single thing Nintendo has released this gen

Really makes the neurons fire.

>Shoot, my GOTY has been on PC for 5-6 years now,
Name every single one of them.

So... It's their new handheld?

Is this what you wanted?

Holy shit a gold star member

I-it's a pleasure... senpai..

can we kill NX threads till there's an actual announcement?

Sony uses standard connections for everything. PS2, 3, and 4 all use the same standard non-polarized power cable. PS3 supports bluetooth keyboard and mouse and USB drives and such.

Fuck you, made me check. I want this so bad. The Wii U was a good idea, but the NX seems to be what it was truly meant to be.

I just want an official announcement that the NX has been delayed .

>OP can't get attention so now it's the "nintendogaf" tactic
see you in 20 minutes for your enxt "leak" thread, OP

is this ironic shitposting or have I accidentally stumbled upon bizzaro Cred Forums?

So Cred Forums, how many more months do you think we'll have to wait before they show it off?

I'll get one no matter what but since it's portable I would love if it's 3DS compatable.

>it's now shitposting to like good video games

Nah, you're on regular Cred Forums.

>Please understand that to ensure that you enjoy the NX we have delayed it until winter 2017
>black screen appears
>12 second trailer of Zelda
>Zelda Breathe Of The Wild : Spring 2018

This would be fine too yes

>posting fake pics

I love my wii u too, but please piss off

My god. Cred Forums is STILL shilling the Wii U. As if shilling it for 8 months during its darkest hours wasn't bad enough

>The wii u was so good

It would be the worst Nintendo console of all times if it weren't for the virtual boy. Wii U literally made me switch to PS4 and PC

Except when Nintendo sells well, right?

>The Wii U was so good

NX confirmed

Wii U was a mistake
-Satoru Iwata's spirit in heaven

October or bust at this point. November and December are way too busy to announce new hardware that (supposedly) due out in March.

If the NX is not announced by October 27th, the date of their investors meeting, then consider the NX delayed.

>Portable Xenoblade Chronicles X
>Portable Bayonetta

Holy shit, I would love it of the Wii U was portable. I already liked the game pad thing. Using it was surprising useful once you get used to it and I liked being able to play without a TV. Pretty handy for me, especially when the rugby is on and other people want to watch the game.

>pretending Pikmin 3 doesn't exist
please kys yourself

>pseudo-RTS without KBM

No thank you.

>Holy shit, I would love it of the Wii U was portable.
But user, the Wii U IS portable.

Cred Forums on the right.

it's just a fucking tablet now with buttons

>posting the Wii U's objectively bad launch catalog

It's true though. It's not really powerful but there's enough good games on it to call it good, way more than the wii was.And infinitely more than the waitstation that's getting a new iteration before half the games presented 2 years ago are even out

I hope so. 15 for the whole generation would be great.

this is oddly specific..care to elaborate?

>tfw can't beat N in VoltWhite/BlazeBlack

Why is it so hard?

As much as people shit post about it; it still has a better library than the other 2.

Nigga, you straight-up goofy if you think Pikmin is an RTS or needs KBM controls. This is coming from someone who fucking loves RTS.

that's the point of the post, yeah?
work on your reading comprehension

>physical cartridges for games

what the fuck is this garbage

It's too gimmicky otherwise, and doesn't allow me enough control over my units. At current, if I want to control very specific portions of my pikmin, you have to deal with the shoddy binds the game makes for you. You have no ability to multitask, as controlling multiple groups just doesn't feel rewarding since your basic options are either "pick up stuff" or "attack stuff". Because of this, the game is extremely casual. They couldn't ask you to do anything advanced or requiring skill, because that would be too much for their current control scheme.

As it stands, the Pikmin series, while okay, makes Starcraft 2 look like Starcraft: Brood War.

Yeah Sony has never tried to push its own shit like UMDs, Memory Sticks Pro/Duo/M2/Vita, Blu-Ray, etc etc. Only scum fucking bags like Nintendo would ever think of doing such a thing to its customers.

Faster access times.

He isn't quoting anyone, dumbass.

Im still constantly surprised how many people are okay with a console's library being almost entirely sports games and AssCreeds yet still bash a console with fucking Splatoon because it's not a grim dark mature game for mature gamers

Capcom please take Monster Hunter to a different system, fuuuuuck.

As long as the NX doesn't have paid online, I can get behind it. I've had a lot of fun on Splatoon and Mario Kart 8, and it would kill me if the NX got sequels to those games and had paid online. I don't care what people say, "bad" free online, is better to me then good paid online.

>Sony
>Proprietary

>thinking Splatoon is any different from rehashes like Ass Creed and Call of Duty

If it's a shooter and it's on a console, I say pass on it.

I'd love a console that was for home and portable use. Too bad it's Nintendo.

>mechanics don't matter whatsoever

worst taste

>What are memory cards
They've done proprietary shit since the PS1, nigger.

nigga gyro controls alone prove your point to be moot, since just as intuitive as keyboard and maus

Yeah, nah, you're an idiot.

>will use sd cards
I asked for this back in like 2010 when it was first revealed. If Sony was ever gonna use SD cards for their portable systems they would've done so back when PSP Go was a thing.

>Sony shill
>Tumblr filename
>SU

We've reached critical shitposting.

Gyro can never compare to a KBM, since it's way too limited. "it's almost as good" is not a justification either. If I'm paying 60 bucks, I don't want "almost as good". I want either "just as good" or "better". Also, I'd prefer the freedom to choose my own maps at will without going through hoops, the ability to make my own maps, the ability to mod my game, and a billion features that have been standard on arena shooters since 2001. Why doesn't Splatoon have any of these features?

The next Pokemon game will have graphics like Ni No Kuni.

>all these nice things in a handheld
>actually thinking sony would even want to do this ironically

stop pulling on my heart strings I'd want this

It's a fake mockup just like all the other NX pictures you see on here

because games are more fun without people like you

When I was a kid I wanted to play n64 games on my gameboy color but use a mini pocket n64 controller.

I even had a dream about super smash bros on the gameboy color and the intro video was four characters from the n64 version but matched the feel of the gameboy

What are you implying, Vlad?

Cartridges can hold way more shit than discs. Think of the possibilities

It's your guys' fault that you keep flocking to them like the baited retards you are. This is why game journalists still write about Nintendo shit even though the majority of them hate the piss out of Nintendo because Iwata started the Nintendo Directs to avoid telling them shit, any Nintendo headline is guaranteed a lot of clicks on any site.

t. gaming """"journalist""""

>I hate fucking scams

Oh yeah because no other fucking company has ever made their own memory cards just for their game consoles, especially not Nintendo.

While playing wiiu, I noticed that I rather play on the pad(except bayo) than playing with the tv, so I really really hope it will be a hybrid. Come on bayo3!!!!

If it does then it's definitely a spin-off game, gamefreak can't do shit for 3D graphics and it's shown

Is this guy a falseflagger? I'm honestly having trouble telling.

but user....

how are those roms? i'm thinking of trying them, are they just a beefed up versions of the game

Don't pretend that Mustard racers aren't pizza roll covered autists in their mothers basement.

There are a lot of chinese android tablets with built in controllers that people are trying to pass off as NX leaks. It would be funny if the NX actually ends up looking like that though.

>nintendo goes full retard and puts theirs nx games on 128 gig sd cards
>games are the biggest they have ever been
>so big you can't pirate because it's too much data

Cartridges have surpassed the space capabilities of discs at this point thanks to leaps in flash tech, and have always been superior in speed to discs. So it would be a smart move on their part. Not to mention how glorious the nostalgia could be.

>Gyro can never compare to a KBM
Sure but it's pretty damn close, and miles better than joystick aiming

Helps that Splatoon is the best shooter of the entire generation too

>Sure but it's pretty damn close,
Not good enough. For 60 dollars, I can't afford to give even one inch of slack. You have to be JUST AS GOOD as a KBM. If you can't manage that, then I can't consider it good.

>Helps that Splatoon is the best shooter of the entire generation too
Nah. When its difficulty makes Gone Home look like Unreal Tournament, then there's a fundamental problem in the gameplay department.

Not him, but since you have a strawman built in your head I guess anyone can respond to it. I hate the Wii, I would consider it's lack of normal controller support for all essential titles a failure. Even with its sales being godlike. I love my WiiU and have put more hours into it than my other consoles, although I spend most of my time on pc since it is where my gaming friends are.

Anyone else been with Nintendo since the early 90s, and know for sure they're going to buy the NX?

Even if:
>no 3rd party games are released after the first year
>There is never a Paper Mario RPG again
>Pokemon games only get worse
>F-Zero and Metroid stay dead in the water
>Your favorite franchise gets a "gimmick" inserted because Miyamoto needs to look busy

They are fun, I'm just autistic. I hate the modern gens save for a few pokemon here and there, so my team consists of hypno, exegguttor, butterfree, pidgeot, and two new pokemon I don't know their name of.

N has 6 pokemon, and at least 3 of them are either electric or ghost. a ghost beasts 40% of my team. An electric another 40% of my team.

I refuse to change my gen 1 pokemon because they are the best. I will grind till level 70 if I have to, but I will never EVER use pokeballs to capture ugly pokemon.

Yes because I like 1st party Nintendo games and have an addiction to handheld gadgets with buttons.

I will. I am not insecure enough to think Nintendo first party games are "for children" like so many on this board. They are fun and I will play the shit out of them.

Gamefreak would actually do better not being shackled by Nintendo's gimped handheld hardware. Their models are really badly optimized, being at 7000-12000 tris per pokemon. That's roughly the amount a main character in a PS2 game would have, and they sometimes filled the fucking screen for multi-battles. That's probably why the system chugged so much, and the framerate dropped.

Kek, gyro is awful. You need to keep dragging the device back into place and even with a lock aim button to hold while you do that it sucks cock to do. Imagine if mouse lifting were much worse AND obstructed your vision while you did it. Also, are you seriously suggesting that you can hold the device perfectly straight WHILE you are independently actuating buttons with your fingers on it? Gyro is a fucking meme and there is a reason people shat on games like Federation Force and Star Fox Zero.

All the confirmed games point to NX being a console. And certainly not using cartridges, it needs to have HDD to have DQX which is an MMO.

that spending any time whatsoever in the toxic shitpool of online PC gaming irreparably damages your brain and makes you a chore to play with.

>Gamefreak's models are unoptimized
>Therefore we need better hardware

Those two things don't cancel eachother out, you have to have a hard drive for add ons and patches, only a moron would pretend disk space of some sort is out of the question.

>its difficulty
Multiplayer games are only as difficult as the players you're matched up against, which could get just as skilled at Splatoon as any other online shooter.

>Not to mention how glorious the nostalgia could be.

I was a full defender of cartdriges, but now is a step back and retarded as fuck. Why not go full digital just like steam and let you download whatever game you purchase using an account, that way you'll be able to play said games on future console without any problem? And if you want your game stored in a digital device just allow HDD, SD cards and USB to work on their consoles.

This is actually true, I will never disown PCs, but PC gaming has made me and everyone I have watched get into more miserable.

This. Holy fuck S rank had me bashing my gamepad, thank fuck it's made out of Nintendium.

You do realize that a modern "cartridge" would be an SD card right? Also this

The Wii U is a shitty piece of hardware. The only reason people enjoyed it is because they like Nintendo's games. (Which have been on a steady decline)

If the selling point of the NX is the proprietary software that comes with it and not the actual tech, it will be just as bad.

Nintendo fanboys are basically as bad as apple fanboys who buy the new iPhone every year just for that logo on the back.

>I refuse to change my gen 1 pokemon because they are the best. I will grind till level 70 if I have to
jesus christ, the unova dex is bad but god damn

Yes it does, especially third party console ports and cartridges. They cancel each other out. And let's not even get to the ridiculousness of an external HDD on a portable being mandatory.

>Multiplayer games are only as difficult as the players you're matched up against,
Unfortunately, not a single person can challenge you even at S rank, at least if you've ever touched Team Fortress Classic or Unreal Tournament in their hey days. To this day I've never seen a skilled Splatoon player.

Is like you don't know Nintendo would make minor modifications and sell you an SD card at full price instead.

I also released my starter pokemon because he was an ugly bitch :^)

That shit looked like a fax machine from the thumbnail

>$600

>muh reset
LITERALLY press Y

>he can't hold the controller straight while pressing 2 buttons
you are like a little baby

What is the biggest game in terms of filesize? biggest I can think of is GTAV on PC which is 65GB

>Gamefreak is bad at optimization
>Clearly this is all Nintendo's fault
Gamefreak has a long ass history of being bad at making pokemon games and needing others to help them. Iwata (rest his soul) dug them out of not one but two trenches for Pokemon games, his fucking genius mind even allowed for extra shit to be added into the games that they would never have been able to do on their own.

>I don't have the attention span to learn how to move my wrists and press buttons at the same time
>I suck at it so it's bad

Mostly it's just that Nintendo sucks at giving players customization options. Sakurai would have had 15 fucking ways to customize your sensitivity on that shit were he running the show.

The reason Star Fox Zero is lacklustre are as listed:
1) Too short
2) Not enough reason to replay
3) Unclear wording led to unfulfilled expectations

The three all tie into each other quite well actually. If the game didn't let you just pick any mission you liked willy nilly, and you had to redo the whole thing over to try and improve your performance on that one mission like the original SF64, that would improve its replayability given that it's such a short game that it wouldn't be that much of an issue.

Early on, Miyamoto during an interview suggested that each planet would have multiple missions to make up for the reduced length. What many people took this to mean was actually different missions, so that replays could have different content. What it actually meant was additional objectives based around collectibles, kills, or time attacks, which was supremely disappointing.

Again, when looking at Kid Icarus: Uprising, I feel like Sakurai would have done something differently to improve the experience and desire to replay.

FEDERATION FORCE gets shat on because it's a somewhat mediocre game in a critically-acclaimed franchise that hasn't had a proper entry, much less a good one, in ages, for what seems like no good reason. Personally I'd prefer if it actually had Hunters-style stylus control as an option, but whatever.

source

Sorry user, don't got it

>trying to maintain higher ranks
Fucking Christ that shit was insanity.

I used to be a fairly good player at Q3 Arena and TF2. Twitch shooting, wall rockets, no-zoom rail headshots from the other side of the map, that sort of thing. Splatoon demands a somewhat different skillset and its movement options are different in certain ways that fuck me over pretty bad. Trying to get to the higher ranks is fury-inducing.

>Trying to get to the higher ranks is fury-inducing.
Well, I won't dictate your experience. Still, I feel like the hype is the exact same thing that Bamco tried to push with Dark Souls. "le prepare to die XDXD". To me the hype wasn't deserved.

If its a portable with tegra x2 and at least 6GB of memory, GOOD ONLINE AND FUCKING GAMES, its good enough.

You can easily port games from the Xbone to it just setting the resolution to 720p (the screen resolution of the device), so it will be the only portable CoD machine of the market.
Cellphones can't do CoD due lack of controls and being a 60 dollar game.

I don't remember any such hype for Splatoon's rage-inducing higher-rank difficulty.

>"le prepare to die XDXD"
The game had a reputation for being kind of bullshit at the time. Early on, many people likened it to IWBTG. Building on that idea isn't a bad marketing strategy, especially when the game is designed from the get go to be more difficult than your average single player/co-op experiences, with no real difficulty options to choose from (which infuriates casuals to no end).

You may want to consider this possibility: Just because you're skilled doesn't make the game not difficult.

to each to their own, just started a nuzlocke, so far it's just like a regular playthrough

provide information if thread still up when you lose your first one.

>gets BTFO
>moves goalposts
>b-but sony
Heh, this Nintenkiddies..

>people being this mad that someone enjoyed the wii u

Too good

>You may want to consider this possibility: Just because you're skilled doesn't make the game not difficult.
I can give a game a little slack if it focuses mostly on singleplayer. If that tries to be hard at least, then I give it a pass. Splatoon's Singleplayer was just abysmally bad.

My main problem, though, is that Nintendo keeps trying to push multiplayer games, and on principle I just can't stand games where the multiplayer is the main focus, unless there's at least a compromise in the price, or free content. Otherwise I have to rely on other players just to make the game fun, and that can change wildly.

For example, look at DOTA2, Counter strike and Team Fortress 2. Considered decent in their old days, they're now filled with what I can only politely call "unpleasant players". And if I had paid 60 bucks for any of them, and then found out that they barely had any singleplayer content worth playing, I'd be rightly pissed. It's the same with Splatoon, and even though it does have singleplayer, it's the equivalent of just playing a custom map by yourself.

tl;dr I'm trying not to judge the game by how much it challenged me, but more how well developed it was. And to me, a game that requires a gyro control scheme isn't well developed at all. Among the other problems I noticed. Not being challenging just puts a cherry on the sundae.

Who keeps making these?

What about your PC? You do own a PC.. Right?

People wanting to have some fun.
You should get yourself a 3D printer and have fun as well.

No clam shell design, no buy.

Thisthisthisthis

The Wii U was good?. But it only has Mario games.

Apparently only smash knew how to advertise. Loved the Wii u but the advertising was shit. 3rd party games world have fixed but the engine & power the system had. Mainly translating games across broke third party attempts. Controls etc. They disagreed with Wii motes, unless it was just dance

>Splatoon is bad because its single player was bad because it was a multilayer game because I don't like multilayer games

ok

And not even good ones

>industry already had 10 billion multiplayer games
>"nah, that's not enough, better add another one to the pot"

9 billion of which are CODs and MOBAs and f2p MMOs so I don't see the problem

The Wii U was a lot of wasted potential. It could've been the best console ever made if it had better hardware, more support from third party developers and a much better and less restrictive online gaming platform. If the NX is free from these issues, it could be amazing.

Also, the cancer that is NoA needs to be dealt with. There's no reason stupid shit like censorship needs to happen in 2017, responsible parents won't buy GTA for their 5 year old just because the nipples are censored.

Yeah... At this point it's accepted. noticing metroid prime outside of smash, amiibos and 3ds (which was okay) would be a godsend.

If they get a retro studios prime game mainline, they guarantee my buy tho. Almost regardless of price. $80 I don't give a shit, mainline metroid prime.
If only
I love most metroid games tho.
I can dream (or play AM2R)

grinded at the starting routes for a bit, dreamyard will fuck me over, going to box simipour once i get a reliable water pokemon
-pokemon centers can only be used once after you defeat the respective gym
-no recovery items ever

>9 billion of which are CODs and MOBAs and f2p MMOs so I don't see the problem
So why not add an original game instead of Call of Duty: squid edition?

>mfw even COD lets you choose your own maps without jumping through hoops

>Oh, my girlfriend
Sure buddy, whatever you say

meant for

>Call of Duty: squid edition
It's like you didn't even play the game, half of its mechanics aren't even relatable to any other shooter

be reasonable my dude

If your girlfriend don't have an WiiU and you do, you will get cucked.
That's the Anthony Burch dynamics.

I don't mean that it's an exact clone, but it doesn't do anything that separates it from the competition other than minor gimmicks. Infact, it's guilty of the same sin that COD regularly commits: it removes your ability to utilize aerial combat. You're glued to the ground and walls and aren't allowed any semblance of movement in the skies, unless you hope to find a high enough wall that you might be able to move off of. Otherwise, no rocket jumping, no sticky jumping, no advanced strafing maneuvers, no advanced bunny hopping, and overall it just feels slow and casualized.

I think Nintendo games are overrated.

They released 3D land on the 3DS then they released SM3DW on the wiiU, graphically speaking they are almost identical games with hundreds of reused assets, gameplay wise they are also pretty much exactly the same as well although there are some more level and stages in 3DW.

Generally speaking this is an extremely linear platformer with zero challenge. Literally spam A to win bosses and levels that takes 2 minutes to complete.

These games are supposed to flagship games for a $300 console, on any other platform, they would just be regular low-effort games but on Nintendo consoles they tend to become immensely overrated games because ''Nnintendo'' and nothing else.

When people tell me how great these wiiU games are I mean yes they are fun games I guess? But they are certainly not great and certainly don't justify the price point of the console. 95% of Nintendos first party catalogue are these type of platformer games, the only games that really do anything for me are their third party exclusives. I don't understand the appeal of Nintendo games any more, they are suited to last generation handhelds because they are all cutesy low budget platformers

>minor gimmicks
Here we go

Just because it doesn't have the exact same mechanics as TF2 doesn't mean it's shallow

Not even censorship, region locking needs to go. To my understanding, the only reason they do it is to prevent competition between regions that sell the games, but who is the most important factor when it comes to sales? The fucking customer. Just let us play what we want Ninty, fuck the GameStop Jew. If Sony can do it, so can you.

>Take the time to make this fake promotional image
>Kill its verisimilitude by still calling it the "NX"

Right there with you buddy.

I have a PS4 too and I'm less than enthused by the games on that system.

Wii U is a ton of fun. It has great exclusives, and it's great for parties. Everything else ignores local multiplayer.

Isn't this the story of Vita?

Nice use of verisimilitude. One of the best things I learned in college was that word. :P

I could argue that you're talking about a few bad apples among several good ones.

But it also could indicate that the tree itself is rotting.

Even when it raised their profits and promoted it's series name expodentialy?

Just play MHO and guess what screens are trying to tell you. It works on 3ds bc it's the closest thing to a mobile console that will raise it's profits besides phone with SHIT non existent local play. Online is great. Mh4u had it. 3u did too. Basically they don't want to put a MH game to the Vita. It's not getting a boost in marketing unless it appeals to the stereotypes of Cred Forums (the joke ones). It's also loved by a huge fan base so I doubt it going anywhere unless the NX it's truly just shit.

Removing entire sections of gameplay from original shooters and arena games is hard to recover from. Not every game needs medics or ubers or sentries, but aerial combat is a must.

They were very different gameplay-wise. 3D Land(and Kid Icarus Uprising to a certain extent) was the only game that justified the use of 3D beyond aesthetics. On the other hand, while I thouroughly enjoyed 3D World with friends, it failed to give the gamepad a reason to exist beyond being a gimmick. Still worth every penny though.

>verisimilitude
*tips fedora*

>dat wurd big

Hey guys. What's new today?

New guy btw

U realize the main goal is entirely different from any from any FPS or TPS right. You cover the map to win. It's nothing like cod, objective, goals or gameplay. Maps, physics and theme. Don't put it on that level as they are different mediums of similar entertainment. It's not tf2, it's a "unique" experience that defines itself. Now I love tf2, but they ate different games, experiences and have completely different goals. It's like trying to criticize super smash bros melee for not being like street fighter 2 turbo

It's really not necessary at all unless you're making a traditional arena shooter

Also
>removing sections of game play from a game that never had that game play to begin with
???

>U realize the main goal is entirely different from any from any FPS or TPS right. You cover the map to win.
That makes it a bad game sadly. It's too easy an objective, and there's no challenge. I don't think I can recall seeing the loss screen once. I figured the enemy teams wouldn't have a hard time with it, but they couldn't even touch the map it seemed. I thought the game took skill.

You can claim to be a "unique" experience if you want, but you still have to deliver a challenging experience.

Well my bullshit has been caught onto. I'll go in the corner and think about what I've done.

>It's like trying to criticize super smash bros melee for not being like street fighter 2 turbo
probably a bad example since people do this all the time

>make Wii U
>sells like shit
>make Wii U AGAIN

DOES NOT COMPUTE

Adding onto this, if you're gonna charge 60 dollars, you HAVE to at least provide everything that shooters have had in the past. That means no removing features, like the ability to use a KBM, or the ability to make your own maps or mod your own servers, or voice chat.

Who are you to tell me that I'm not allowed to have these things?

>You can claim to be a "unique" experience if you want, but you still have to deliver a challenging experience.
That's why you play the ranked modes idiot, where covering parts of the map with your ink is just a means to another end via tactical advantage

Well, this time they will not call it WiiU, and maybe, JUST maybe give it games.
Also make it truly portable, instead of a retarded "home portable".

And they fuck up on it all the time. It's different as fuck. Its FUCKING obvious. Not even a HP bar and the numbers don't count down. What more explanation do you need to know its very fucking different.

>That's why you play the ranked modes idiot,
Which is like playing ranked in Overwatch. You're still matched with the same people regardless, the skill cap doesn't go up.

Shoot, not even TF2's new competitive mode is good enough to filter out children and people who don't play the game properly. If you want a good experience, you have to make your own private server, and that in itself is a pain.

>every shooter HAS to be the same as X
Is this a joke? You know you're not getting proper mod tools on a console game anyway so you're basically shitposting

How will removing the top screen of one retired product and making it look like your biggest product flop in 100 years make any difference?

Remember how Sony won the whole generation by not changing anything? I remember.

Getting Call of duty in it.

Jesus Christ you're 29 and you enjoy the shit on the Wii U more than any other system? You've probably got some kind of autism mate because the Wii U had nothing but crappie kids games.

I'm certain that's nintendos trump card

So do you think they'll do compatability with 3ds games or no?

SHIT example user

But still find people who don't suck ass then play, if your too lazy then stick to your own game. Seriously if you get bored of your own game, find singing else to shitpost about rather than another game.

>Is this a joke? You know you're not getting proper mod tools on a console game anyway
Why? What reason is there?

>implying he doesn't like other games
>implying wii u games are bad
>implying kids games are bad
>implying wii u games are all kids games
>implying nintendos games are all kids games
>implying that it is an adults duty to play only "mature" rated games
>implying that "mature" rated games are mature
>implying that by being 29 and enjoying family friendly games makes you a man child or autistic
>implying your taste is superior because you dont partake in family friendly games
>implying user isn't patrician simply because he enjoys mario more than filmic narrative

>29
>gf
>not married

She's a keeper.

i dont play Wii U games when I'm at home, why would i take them to go?

>the Wiiu was good

Is this nigga serious?...

way to uphold the traditions of your forefathers! Women in the kitchen, men do the talkin'

Every Nintendo handheld had BC. Since they'd both use cartridges, I don't see how there'd be a problem. I doubt it'll have BC with Wii U though sadly. Maybe they'll do an ambassador program for early adopters and put a few must have Wii U games on there barring Smash.

Being a kid's game is not a bad thing. Saying that challenge is "problematic" and shouldn't be in a video game ever? That's a different matter entirely.

Most people do. I do, but yes I too enjoy the Wii U
{rhymes}
yeah it has generally enjoyable games though

Luckily, they didn't say that! Now did they? They didn't say a single thing about game difficulty in fact! It's almost as if... you're clutching at straws!

Wew lad, u been under a rock or some shit?

They say that all the time though. Look at the Kirby series for instance, or the pokemon games, or Animal Crossing.

>if a game is challenging, it's not comfy! And that's not nice :(

And nobody sees the problem with a game that isn't hard.

yeah, it also has a couple of niche japanese titles we cant play legally without importing a japanese wii u or were butchered in the localization.

If Nintendo makes a handheld then Sony will reply with another handheld. It's just the nature of things and how big Sony is.

It'll be a digital-only console that doesn't tie in to the Wii or Wii U profile system and to play your games on it you'll need to repurchase everything. And Nintendo will poach a bunch of games people have waited years for as exclusives for it. And you'll buy it. And I'll be angry.

I regret buying the wii u mario maker pack. Sold on ebay, fuck nintendo for not including the physical game by the way.

Luckily the two week return window is up.

actually mustard racing is an expensive hobby most are self made middle managers

>Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
>Dragon Quest XI
>Beyond Good & Evil 2

Are these enough games to justify an NX purchase, Cred Forums?

>The only game actually worth playing isn't even in the top 30

Why do casuals have such shit taste

Would

I actually completely agree. I don't want easy games. The traditional experience of playing games was to achieve flow

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_(psychology)

and gaming has lost that to an extent. That's why people who say gameplay is more important say that. Story doesn't provide flow. But now people who just want a passive disneyland style pirates of the caribbean "experience" have that in some places.

I really don't agree that nintendos games are easy. They just provide either a young person, or a beginner their first experience of flow, which can hook them and make them want to gain skill and find other skill based games. It's a good thing to have around, because the alternative is that they will grow up with games as movies and just want more games as movies with no play. We need "ludic" focused games for beginners, but unfortunately, the other companies really aren't providing that.

Nintendo puts difficult challenges and secret levels in all their games, but at the end of the day, they are trying to CREATE GAMERS more than they are trying to satisfy experienced players.

I hope this is useful in some way to someone. :/ I swear im not a basement dweller, i just really love game design and brand positioning.

The single player wasn't even bad, it was cool as fuck actually and made me wish a lot of those mechanics would show up in multiplayer maps, it just wasn't terribly challenging overall.

>Nintendo puts difficult challenges and secret levels in all their games,
The problem is that they wait WAY too long to implement it, and sometimes the payoff isn't even worth it. Take games like Splatoon, or Kid Icarus, or Donkey Kong, or Kirby. By the time you're almost done with the game, I'm bored to death because every level was cookie cutter and played it safe. No risks were asked of me, no challenges were brought up, and by the time I reach the bonus levels or true arena, I just don't care. You asked me to slog through 10-20 hours of boring monotony, so the promise of some challenge after all of that is too little, too late. In other words,

>"B-BUT IT GETS GOOD SEVERAL HOURS IN"

Right now it's almost impossible to design for all possible players, so you basically have to choose one demo and design for that. Like I said, they want to create gamers first and foremost, so unfortunately these games really arent made with you in mind.

Here's my theory. In the next 5 years or so, there will be a "eureka" moment in terms of dynamic difficulty in game design. I'm guess the next core mario title, which theyve said will essentially get with the times, will be the premiere of nintendo's "solution" to procedural elements within their games. I wouldn't doubt they are actively searching solutions to the common complaint of easy games.

Wait and see.

>at least 15 good first party games

Brah, how many copies of Zelda and Mario Kart can they make for one Gen?

>The wii u was so good

I like you user

Thanks! :)

Kid Icarus and Donkey Kong Country games are difficult. So I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about?

>A Wii U

So unsupported and complete shit?

You mean FF doesn't have stylus controls? How did they fuck that up? Even CoD got that right.

they follow the commercials

Sony won't make another handheld again. People didn't want the Vita and Sony stopped supporting it early on. Sony doesn't even view Nintendo as competition. Their main enemies are MS and Disney.

>The wii u was so good

It's pretty much evolving into an iPhone.

Add Spla2oon and Animal Crossing and I'll buy it day one.

>t. someone who never played Unreal Tournament or Dwarf Fortress

I just saw this posted. What do you guys think? I really REALLY like that the way that traditional controller looks.

It's been done before

>the grey with the colorful buttons.
>that nice controller shape
it's about the detail. that vita thing is a concept, but it's an abomination

Teru a cute

Why why why do people keep using that god awful d-pad controller idea

Unreal is the poor man's quake and dwarf fortress is a damn rogue like and in no way comparable to said games.

what do you mean "you people" cis scum!

>The wii u was so good
As a wii u owner I couldn't disagree more.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting

My niece likes to play with my wii-u.

I'm still surprised that NX isn't a phone. Hendheld gaming was big in Japan before phones took over, but I wonder if people will be willing to carry around multiple devices again.

If it turns out to be a games device that for all intents and purposes looks like a phone and have access to the same major apps people use every day, it could be a massive success.

I don't think they'd make something with access to, say, the Google App Store, since making it like an android phone would be a massive security issue that would make piracy even more rampant than on the DS.

What if the Apple partnership means that the NX has access to iTunes and the App Store? It's a little crazy, but Apple and Nintendo both have new leadership that might deviate from their usual behavior patterns.

>If it turns out to be a games device that for all intents and purposes looks like a phone and have access to the same major apps people use every day, it could be a massive success.
Vita did this and everybody "blamed" the phone functionalities that Vita didn't do so well.

Ac fag?

Theres right and wrong ways to go about that design. Vita had a SIM card so you could access the net and it had Twitter and Facebook apps, but it didn't get the design right. It still looked like a gaming device, but if you could have snapped those controller ends off temporarily, like the NX supposedly will be able to, you got your square formfactor that looks just like any other phone and would be convening to use as a phone.

>Wii U is good

Said nobody ever lmao

>gets dropped in a month

>Why not go full digital just like steam and let you download whatever game you purchase using an account, that way you'll be able to play said games on future console without any problem
Because fuck full digital and fuck any proponents of moving us towards it. I'm all for a hybrid system, but I want to actually own my damn games, not license out magical data on a server that will eventually disappear if anything happens to the company or something happens to your account in any way with games that can be delisted because the creator stopped paying a fee or didn't renew a license with someone they worked with.

I've decided that sony should go third party and start making games for xbox one. I want to play the last guardian on a console i own!

Shrek is a secret character in Splatoon?

I've enjoyed it as well. I had an amazing time with splatoon. I sank 100s of hours on that. Plus I had an amazing time playing Mario maker. Still play it every now and then when I'm in bed since I can play it on my bed with no tv. Mario Galaxy at night on your bed? Magical.

But ultimately my xbox gets the most play time. Wii u has its games.

school days was nice.

This is my mockup. My thought is that the d-pad and face buttons are physically identical, but there's an LED behind each button so they're color-coded contextually (multicolored for the face buttons, white light for the d-pad, lights off when deactivated). Kind of an abstract mockup since I didn't even bother with shoulder buttons but you get the idea.

>reading
lol

I like it! obviously not perfect, for instance contours on the controllers when seperated. Very nice one user!

Can we instead have a 3ds we can plug into a tv?

Really like that contextual button layout - specific games could use it however they like and it'd allow a load of customisation in basically every game from a system menu.

Really nice idea, user.

>Could potentially allow both symmetric and asymmetric analogue stick positions

I love you

Is this real? If so it's going to be a shitty console handheld "hybrid" like I always said it would be

Enjoy Breath of the Wild being better on Wii U

an user idea that's not totally retarded? The fuck is going on here?

Shame this most likely will be the complete opposite of whatever Nintendo does

Is there any good reason why Nintendo has announced they NX is in the works and but hasn't said anything else?

Is it just to get people hyped?

It was to reassure fans that they weren't leaving the traditional video game industry for mobile. Under normal circumstances they would have probably announced it for the first time this year

Are you defending Sony's use of overpriced Memory cards for the Vita, when the 3DS uses Micro SD?