What games are you playing throughout October to get you in the spirit of Halloween? So far I'm gonna be playing:

What games are you playing throughout October to get you in the spirit of Halloween? So far I'm gonna be playing:

Resident Evil Remake and 2
Silent Hill 3
Dead Space 1 and 2
Bloodborne
Castlevania Dracula X and SOTN

anything else I should add?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zpnKDOs582A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Three more days 'til Halloween, Halloween, Halloween...

You ever tried Jersey Devil?

I want to play Dracula X because I've never played it but the emulator the PC version comes on won't work for some reason. The program lets me set the input for the controllers, but when it's actually in game it won't respond to any input. Even if I set the buttons to my keyboard. I have no clue how to fix it.

i haven't, but I'm always down for that kind of platformer. the score especially seems really great from the clip i just watched.

I guess I'll go back to Silent Hill 3. I played a fair bit of it last year but got stuck and decided to bear REmake instead. Bloodborne has been pretty good so far I don't see why there's daily threads shitting on it, but hey maybe it totally shits the bed halfway through or something.

Not him but I played it as a kid and was not impressed. I much preferred Medievil.

Nights of Azure, because there's nothing better than a cute large-breasted girl dressing up as a vampire for her wife.

I tend to dive into indie games when the spook seasons comes around. Stuff like Spooky's House of Jump Scares, The Witch's House, Eversion, etc.

This year I plan on checking out Pony Island, The Count Lucanor, and maybe something like Among the Sleep. They've been on my radar for a while, and I can't say I've heard much about any of them, aside from sparse praise.

Silent Hill 2
Dead Rising 1,2, OTR, CZ, CW
Luigi's Mansion
Dead Space 1 and 2
Animal Crossing

What's Cred Forums's verdict for Silent Hill Shattered Memories? I want a good horror game for my Wii

It's a pretty cool game if you're willing to approach it on its own terms. Which means accepting that it's a 5-6 hour adventure game, rather than a survival horror. Probably the best western-developed Silent Hill.

Last level of Simpsons Hit and Run is fucking BEAUTIFUL it terms of capturing the Halloween spirit. Its a marvel.

It's totally it's own game rather than a full on remake of SH1. I enjoyed it a fair bit but I'm nowhere near as autistic for the universe as some other people are.

Alice
Silent Hill 1-3
Dead Space

I DO NOT KNOW WHAT ELSE

Beat SH1 for the first time and am considering continuing on. Though I'd like to try the Fatal Frame series, or continue my on and off play of Code Veronica.

This also calls for me to play through the excellent Splatterhouse trilogy.

>That part where the kid's head turns into bugs and snakes

Costume Quest. It's not spooky, but it's a pretty fucking great Halloween game.

Is SotW any good? It's a shame so many people chimped out over the series going the anthology route because muh Michael Myers.

Quake 1
Doom 64 (EX on PC)
Eternal Darkness
Geist
MediEvil 1 & 2

I've already started my Dead Space 1 impossible run. 2 after then 3 this time around.

Guess I'll play DreadOut and the REmakes after.

ITT: people who have literally nothing else to look forward to.

Its had a re-evaluation as something of a cult classic over the past decade or so, though it still divides opinion a bit. I'd say give it a shot. I personally love it, its one of my favourites of the decade. Apparently John Carpenter always intended (if there were to be sequels) to make the series anthology style, a different story with a different villain every movie. But the first Halloween making bank and slasher movies in general blowing up caused the higher ups to force a franchise, of which (in my opinion) 1, 2 and 3 are the only good ones.

Sort of related.

Image is WIP, I'll have it finished by October.

I agree; Season of the Witch, although not without a few problems, is a gleefully bleak horror story, that also discards that so-called sacred rule of "don't hurt the kiddies please :( " Great soundtrack and a lovely performance for the guy playing that evil Irish businessman.

>1, 2 and 3 are the only good ones
I don't think anyone would argue with you there.

but what about that time Busta Rhymes tazes Michael Myers in the nuts???
youtube.com/watch?v=zpnKDOs582A

Eh, its true that AAA horror games are barely a thing anymore. But there's been some cool little games popping up here and there. There's clearly a lot of affection for the genre left with indie developers.

Which, frankly, might be better than AAA attention. Horror falls apart when it becomes repetitive and stagnant. AAA games aren't allowed to be super experimental, which is more or less required if you're trying to do a game that makes players feel spooked or uneasy.

Oh, that's a pretty cool suggestion list. Still need to get around to Yume Nikki. I heard someone did a 3D version a year or so ago?

>there will never be a sequel
>the PC version is harder to find than the holy grail

Alan Wake and American Nightmare
Amnesia
Call of Cthulhu
Condemned
Dead Space 2
Deadly Premonition
FEAR expansions
Legacy of Kain series
Nosferatu
Outlast
Shadow Man
Silent Hill 3
Undying
Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines

I'm going to play RE1-3 play for the first time maybe SH2 and replay Revelations. I've gotta get through upside down Dracula castle in SoTN.

Ash vs Evil Dead season 2 comes back soon so I'm hype for that also. I wish CN would play Goosebumps again for old times sake. Has Scary Godmother been replayed in recent years?

Bloodborne
F.E.A.R.
Metro
Dead Space
Bioshock

>Michael Myers canonically went out being electrocuted in the crotch and burnt to death by Busta Rhymes

Just as John Carpenter intended.

He was in Def Jam FFNY so he's got to use them nigga skills somehow.

I've wanted to play this for a while now. Can I buy this anywhere or should I try to pirate?

Oh, I totally forgot about that Clock Tower spiritual successor, NightCry. I backed it on the scamstarter, but didn't have a computer strong enough to run it until a few months ago.

The game is definitely low budget with some janky models and its mostly mouse-only controls. But it does have multiple branching paths based on what you do in the game, as per Clock Tower tradition.

It is also relentlessly and unintentionally silly in how seriously it takes its goofy gorey premise.

I think my favorite is the bit where you play one part as a professor investigating the shed of some insane murderous psychopathic cult, and upon finding some women's clothes, he muses
"You know, with increased gender equality these days it's not surprising that women would be involved with this cult."

Pirate probably the best option. It wouldn't even be worth buying the xbox original version unless you have an original xbox. It has weird issues with the 360 which is why it got pulled from the store.

Been playing Maximo and will probably play some of the other Ghosts N' Goblins games as well

Noted, thanks man. I'll hunt down the PC version.

You're doing god's work. Don't forget OFF, Hylics, Antichamber, Earth Birth, Sluggish Morrs, and maybe even Lisa, snd the Stanley Parable.

Ain't Halloween unless you send some undead freaks back to hell

That and running through the Silent Hill games

this scene scared me so much when I was a kid I pissed my pants and started crying

games don't really do it for me I usually just prefer to watch a lot of movies in october, I'm too lazy to commit to any kind of media i can't sit back and consume with no effort in under 4 hours so movies and anime are all I really bother with anymore

JONATHAN!

I wish Silver Shamrock was real so I would know how many days it was till Halloween every day of the year

>tfw still have Halloween saved on my computer before it was completely re-done as a killer clown game

Favorite games I play every year:
Castlevania: Bloodlines
Bram Stroker's Dracula on Genesis (God awful, but guilty pleasure)
Eternal Darkness
Silent Hill 1 (SH3 is my favorite, but SH1 is the scariest. And it's on my Vita.)

Games I Haven't Played That I'm Playing This October:
Dark Souls 1
Resident Evil Revelations 2 (Already beat it, though)
Danganronpa Another Episode
Any horror games that get on sale for the PSN (Soma, Claire, and Dead Rising [although I've played it before] have caught my eye)

Is the Killer Clown game bad? Is the Halloween one good?

Yeah it's secretly my favorite of the halloween franchise.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the mainline series but it's probably one of the more interesting main stream horror movies of it's era.

It honestly feels a lot more like a grindhouse movie than a Halloween one.

Imagine having them sit on your face

Haven't played "Babysitter Bloodbath" (just remembered the title), it's still the same gameplay as Halloween, just with a clown instead of Michael Myers, and I believe the soundtrack was changed too.

Halloween was pretty fun, plays like the original Resident Evil games with the fixed camera (though you can switch to first-person or over-the-shoulder, but fixed is scarier) and you have to find items to progress further into the game. Once Myers is in the house it gets pretty scary since he comes out of nowhere throughout the rest of the game.

I enjoyed 1 & 2, don't remember much of 3, I'll have to watch it sometime.

I kinda wish I upgraded my PC instead of buying another guitar. Autumn and Winter are my most comfy gaming seasons.

Dead rising
Alan wake
Red dead undead nightmare

Might pick up some more games anybody lists

I'm more into watching movies during October than playing spoopy vidya, though I might try Manhunt again since I've never finished it.

Oh shit, completely forgot Undead Nightmare. Definitely playing that again too.

>Red dead undead nightmare

My nigga.

I've played Undead Nightmare more than I have the actual main story.

I daresay Devil May Cry 1 has a spooky atmosphere and enemies.

NaissanceE might fit in as well.

Yeah, DMC does have a fantastic horror theme/aesthetic (specifically gothic horror), though it doesn't outright aim to scare, or have survival horror mechanics, so by video game genre definition, it isn't a horror game. If it were a movie it'd be called an action horror, like the Blade movies.

Gonna replay the silent hill series.
At least 1- 4.

The brand new Five Nights at Freddys spinoff; Sister Location! Available October 7th on Steam!!

Holy shit, this. I played through the first one last year and loved it. If you want something where you can have a good time and just turn your brain off, this is the game to get. I got the second one during the Christmas Sale last year, and have saved it for this October. Can't wait to play it.

Fuck! Thank you for making this thread. every year I get a late start on the spooky games.

Not this time!

TURN IT OFF

Finally play ayy lmao isolation
How are the PC ports of the Resident Evil series and which ones are the best?

Pretty much, but it really depends on the player. I was always creeped out by the marionettes and would freak out when the shadow dog shows up, plus the game itself wasn't exactly easy until I got good so there was a constant sense of dread. Also 1 is a lot less cuhRAYzee than 3 is, being a little more serious. Blade is a great comparison.

This flawed gem. They usually have it on sale in October as well.

>the scene where the piece of mask fucking lasers a woman's face off

amnesia the dark descent

So good.

Come to think of it, I still need to finish Corpse Party on PC.

alien isolation

LimboOfTheLost.gif

Oh how can I forget
Clive Barker's Undying

Bayonetta 1 & 2
BloodRayne 1 & 2
Dead Rising 1 & 2
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

What am I missing

It's been too long and red deads multiplayer is still broken. Haven't finished undead nightmare so I should have a bit of fun with that. Liked what I played more than the main story too

Quake
Castlevania
GnG/Gargoyle's Quest/Maximo
Decap Attack
Splatterhouse
Monster Party
Kid Dracula

Are you talking about Magic Engine or the windows exe?

Set your platform's clock you have the game for to October 31

I really liked 4 as well as 1 and 2. Hated 3 at first because "where the fuck is Michael Myers" but I tried it again years later and liked it.

I came

What? He did? Only thing I can remember is when hes hit by that can in H20 i think it was

torrent it,or mega

Anyone else like how cruel the ending was in Halloween 3?

it was mednafen IIRC. anywhere to get the win32 exe still? I used to use KAT but since that's been gone I've been lost.

wut gaem?

That is the spookiest and goofiest platformer i've ever seen.

If you can't find it anywhere I have a version of it and I also have the iso + magic engine. Does Dracula X Chronicles come with it by chance as an unlockable? You could use PPSSPP if so.

SH1
Doom 64 EX
Super Mario Land 2
Demon's Souls
Okage: Shadow King

Gonna get snug and rewatch Spicy Wolf when it gets colder

>played all spooky games ever
>no spooky games left
Just fucking kill me

Decap Attack

Just dug up my installation again. I'm using mednafen, and the game will open up just fine, and even allow me to program my inputs from my gamepad or keyboard and press start to begin running the game. once the konami logo pops up though, no input will work anywhere for it for some reason. shits fucked. I wish rondo of blood was at least on the wii u VC store or something.

Almost finished my yearly playthrough of the F.E.A.R. games but I'm looking for something that specicially takes place on halloween or has a halloween part but the only ones I can think of are costume quest and kingdom hearts.

Any ideas?

A quick google search for dracula x windows brings you to a youtube video with links that appear pretty legit. That way you won't need the ISO or an emulator to run it.

Why were kids so fascinated with the commercial?

thanks user, but this is weird. setting the controller up does the same thing with the win32 exe; lets me configure my input, but after pressing start at the RUN screen, the game and getting to the konami logo, it wont take any input. no clue why this would do that. I'll do some more googling.

Costume Quest and Jersey Devil come to mind. Mayyybe Death Jr.

Even though I won't play it again, the Japanese Sweet Home movie is 7/10 so maybe I'll watch that again.
Maybe I'll even buy Martian Gothic Unification.

Working my way through The Suffering right now, I'll probably squeeze in some Silent Hill 2-3 and some Castlevania: Lament of Innocence.

Never knew that game was based on a film,
thanks for the rec

The only spoopy game I own is Silent Hill: Homecoming, which I got for free from someone on the PS3. I never played more than like 20 minutes of it.

Is it worth it?

I can still get it out of Steam and I don't think it can be played except through piracy.

drinking from this while sending out my witches in Fire Emblem 14 to face against the invisible dragon

what are some good Halloween themed 3DS games I can pirate?

>you will never find the lost copy of the recalled Nightmare on Elm Street NES cart where you get to play as Freddy Krueger and kill the teenagers

I've got a fun month planned out. Just beat Corpse Party: Blood Drive a little early, was kind of disappointed in it.

>Dead Space
>Killer7
>Rule of Rose
>Haunting Ground
>SH 1, 2, 3
>Fatal Frame 1,2,3
>.flow
>Corpse Party: Blood Covered
>Clock Tower 3
>Saya no Uta

Halloween is the best holiday during the best season, but there doesn't seem to be much media about it, unless you count all horror.

Why isn't there more halloween entertainment?

Did you stock up on your Count Chocula Cred Forums?

Going to pick up a few boxes tomorrow.

Because they're kids.

Left 4 Dead 2 marathon for the first time in 5 years, only this time we shall have jello shots every down, and a beer chug for each death.

I always forget to import Count chocula.
I love that shit

Sometimes it sucks being a yuropoor.

Terrordrome is pretty fun

Cursed Mountain is a pretty solid horror game for Wii. Check it out.

Halloween isn't really a kids holiday anymore, it's been turned into just another day to go out and get hammered.

You mean meta entertainment about Halloween itself, like Nightmare Before Christmas?

Not sure.. probably because there isnt much to talk about without it just being plain horror.

True. But I still love it. And kids still trick or treat. Right?

Right..?

I guess you're right. Just feels like untapped potential, especially in the vidya market.

Trick R Treat is a great Halloween movie if you haven't seen it. It kind of tries to be a scary movie but it's more focused on setting the atmosphere of the holiday, I watch it every year since it ca,e out.

>And kids still trick or treat. Right?
>Right..?

Depends where you are, I've not seen a trick or treater in my area for a looooooong time, no one even bothers to decorate which is weird because come December these same people will go nuts with the Christmas decorations.

I'm sure they still do it in more rural areas where everyone knows everyone.

It's growing in popularity in Bongland and Japan so that's good.

Trick r Treat is amazing. I also watch it every year, its a tradition. Still waiting for the sequel.

That sucks user. Kids still trick or treat in my area, but I do live in a more rural spot. Wasn't aware it was popular elsewhere, that's cool.

I just wish it were more celebrated.

>It's growing in popularity in Bongland and Japan so that's good.

The trick or treats or just the drinking?

Mystery of the Druids

As I understand it the trick or treating, the Japanese see it as a kids holiday but can't seem to wrap their heads around the concept of kids knocking on their doors for treats.

Gonna shill this movie, if you haven't seen it check it out.

Still popular in my suburban area, thank God. Even though I'm too old for it, the atmosphere is so charming. Fall/Halloween is truly the best time of the year

Don't mind me. Just posting the greatest Halloweenkino

?

ah yeah that was a nice movie.
autismo witch is muh waifuh.

Ah yes, truly.

Sequel when. Dougherty said after Krampus he'd start on Trick 'r Treat 2.

Still waiting.

This. Autismo witch a cute.

but i remember the witch a bit more brown. also it was hilarious the scene with the old man.

>The Suffering

Just started playing that today myself. I'm enjoying the hell out of it so far, I'll probably pick up the sequel too even though its supposedly not as good.

It's arguable the weakest out of the main series but it's still a decent game in my opinion.

>Three more days 'til Halloween, Halloween, Halloween...
wat

It's a line from the movie.

Hows the pc port for resident evil 4? If its shit, is the ps4 port any good?

sequel is still a good time, well worth playing if you're enjoying the first one.

Costume quest

>Select all images with street numbers.
>It's your address
>CLICK VERIFY ONCE THERE ARE NONE LEFT.

Protip: play dead space 2 with the music setting turned to 0

>You lived to see Def Jam vs Halloween

Last year, I played Silent Hill 3, Clock Tower, Castlevania and Monster Party.
This year, I'm playing:
>Medievil
>Ghouls 'n' Ghosts/Ghost 'n' Goblins series
>Either Haunting Ground or Rule of Rose
>Castlevania: Rondo of Blood
>Yumme Nikki
Unsure what to play the night of.