Is he our guy?

is he our guy?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/rXFjPHU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

le memeyoshi haha
-_-

Why do you guys hate him so much? He's right. No matter how you look at it or try and make it sound fancy an A press is an A press

UGH

Kill yourself """""Henry"""""

Keep living in denial the second you hit the A button it counts as a press.

>Round race track with Start/End sign
>Do a complete lap around the track with starting and ending at the Start/End sign
>Considered universally a lap
>Start the race from the middle of the track and end it at the Start/End sign
>LOL IT IS STILL CONSIDERED A LAP BECAUSE HE TOUCHED THE SIGN FUCKING FAGGOT

T H I S
H
I
S

>being deliberately ignorant

You can clear BitFS by pressing A
You can continue holding A to collect Watch For Rolling Rocks star

Doing either of these things in isolation would take 1 A press each. However, doing them both in a single run *still* only takes 1 A press. By your logic it would take 2, but that simply isn't the case.

This is not rocket science. If you would just stop being so stubborn about trying to win an internet argument with strangers on an anonymous Guyanese opera forum, even someone as stupid as you could figure this out.

An A press isn't a lap user

The A press goes in, the A press goes out. You can't explain that.

It's sad how far you people go so you can stay in denial. You can't "half press" a freaking button Jesus Christ. I seriously hope you guys are just trolling. I refuse to believe people can be this stupid

Reminder that since Cred Forums is going into the shitter, theyve made an OFFICIAL Cred Forums discord to escape threads like these

discord.gg/rXFjPHU

If I understand this

A "half press" is the action of pressing down the button and the state Mario is in while the button is held, and a "full press" is completed when the button is released?

How many times did he hit A? That's all that matters retard if he hit it once and held it that's one press

Would you autistic fucks be happy if he said "with A already held down when you enter the course" instead?

A half press is just a terse way to say that. And it scales to more complex situations. Instead of saying "with A already held down when you enter the course, then 2 more A presses" you just say 2.5 A presses.

Yeah you got it right. It's retarded isn't it? The second that A button is touched it counts as a press.

>Cred Forums is going into the shitter
>unironic link to discord

You sure got that right, kid.

When the hell is this meme going to die. It's just as bad as arrow to the knee.

In the guy's compleatly autistic specifications, yes, it would be a "half press". But ONLY to his direct definition.

In ANY other instance, it would be a normal A button press. Why do you people keep spamming these threads. Play video games, I'm going to right after posting this.

>Cred Forums scrubs are doing half-A presses
>Meanwhile I'm getting sick times and WR's with quarter-A presses
git gud lads

He can't clear it with a .10 A press

Evidently, the only crime here is that TJ or whoever, is terrible at explaining things

Sort of the same thing exists in Kirby Air Ride, if you have a wheel scooter and bounce off an item box while holding A, you bounce a bit. When you let go of A, you fly really fucking far away depending on how much flight and grey weights you have

Just because you can't comprehend the complete anatomy of the press of a button doesn't mean you can start making shit up.

nigga he doesnt halfpress it. He explains how it ISN'T half a press. He completes two levels with one press between them. How many presses did he use on the first level? Then, how many on the second? If you add your answers together and it equals two, you're wrong because he only pressed the button once, and made that count for two levels.
The whole reason "henry" got any shit is because he thought it was literally half a press.

>has to use a controller to beat the game

daily reminder that even """henry""" admitted he was wrong and now accepts half a presses

the joke

your head

No, he explains it perfectly. People just haven't watched or paid attention to that part of the video.

Actually, I am above your "joke". Just accept that it was a failed attempt at humor and move on.

>In the guy's compleatly autistic specifications, yes, it would be a "half press". But ONLY to his direct definition.
>In ANY other instance, it would be a normal A button press.

He mentions that in the fucking video you moron. He explicitly explains that if looked at in isolation, as in if you were simply doing one level, it would be a full A press. But he was showing in the video how you could do it as part of a larger A press run, so he mentioned that it was a half A press.

Did you even watch the video, or do you just browse these threads and bandwagon with the contrarian mouthbreathers to try to pick up some internet cool guy brownie points?

If you're wondering what a half A press is, read this before commenting to ask. I use a special notation that allows for half A presses. Specifically, if you enter a level already holding the A button, then that A press only counts as half. It's actually pretty important to distinguish between the A button being PRESSED and the A button being HELD. While pressing A allows Mario to execute several kinds of jumps, the holding of A allows Mario to swim in water, do little kicks up slopes, grab the owl, and twirl slowly. So if a star requires the A button to be held, the pressing of the A button could have been done at some point in the past, and just held until that moment. For instance, let's say there are two stars: one that requires the A button to be pressed (x1 A presses), and another that only requires the A button to be held (0.5 A presses). Individually, these stars would both require a full A press. But if these stars were collected one after the other, then the A button could be pressed during the former, and held all the way through to the next star to be used in the latter. In this manner, these stars together would only use 1 A press, whereas they would take 2 A presses if done individually. So during a 120 star run, you would round these half A presses down, but on a star-by-star basis you would round them up.

Really now. Well, i'll take your word for it then.

You don't have to take anyone's word for it when the material is presented to you in video format, and has been since this meme's inception.

>le ebin a press maymay
XD

Cred Forums in a nutshell

can we talk about parallel universes?

pannencock's definition:

A press

A press ----> A hold ----> A release

"Henry"'s definition:

Button Interaction Process

A press ----> A hold ----> A release

It's all a matter of how you define "A press", and Henry's definition is far more concrete as it doesn't use the same concept to name two different processes. Henry wins.

Henry is right. an a-press is an a-press.

What's this Godot Yoshi I've been seeing lately?

>Reads thread
Oh so he's the Mario 64 guy. Why is he a Godot Yoshi?

see

>responding to bait

I thought that thing was some kind of tumor, but then realized it was a Godot visor. Still looks like absolute ass, like peeled gum under a boot.

> Dumb
> Impossible to reason with
> Holds his opinions as fact
He's our guy
Pannenkoek is too good for us mortals

>math
>opinion