I switched from air cooling to water cooling and my games gained 30%+ FPS

I switched from air cooling to water cooling and my games gained 30%+ FPS.
Why haven't you joined the water cooling master race yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B8bhGw4vUFE
amazon.com/Thermalright-True-Spirit-140-Power/dp/B00IYEEOMO
youtube.com/watch?v=VeQe6pEEtVI
abload.de/img/82q8sba.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=xknxQLFWtPs
pcpartpicker.com/list/
pcpartpicker.com/list/MqRwYr
github.com/Theverat/NormalmapGenerator
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because I'm not a /r/pcmasterrace fucking faggot, like you OP.

There are children dying in africa because they don't have fresh water and you think I'm gonna waste water keeping my video games machine cool?? What the fuck kind of monster do you think I am??

You're talking shit about black people, racist!
Black cooling matters too.

>Why haven't you joined the water cooling master race yet?
Costs to much.
And I would need a bigger case. So who cares

Why not just keep your PC in the fridge?

Unless you're doing custom as fuck water loops the best air coolers (which are cheaper) have better performance. Now kill yourself.

as if I'll let water anywhere near my cpu

I am already. I do it more because its quiet though. Also, tiny case.

it's fucking expensive and a pain in the ass to learn all the minutia your first time through

Moisture

I have two 120mm fans strapped to my CPU.

Enjoy your shitty all in one.

>He doesnt wash his computer monthly in the backyard with a water hose.

Because I'd probably mess it up and destroy my PC. It's a miracle that my PC worked just fine the first time I tried turning it on.

youtube.com/watch?v=B8bhGw4vUFE

why would you keep them suffer. On top of that we cant have a middle class level of life the entire earth.

All in one would cool better in this case. It's flushing ice cold water through the contact metal that's making direct contact with the CPU. I fail to see how anyone with a brain would think that cold air would ever cool a CPU than what's basically the equivalent of dipping your CPU in a bucket of ice.

AIOs are placebo shit for 1337 gaymer kids

Custom loops are for high level autists

Noctua masterrace

>tfw had to drill out rivets in my case to fit my radiator properly

my 1070 doesn't even reach 70 C most of the time

doesn't seem necessary these days

>AIOs are placebo shit for 1337 gaymer kids
Objectively wrong. They have been proven to cool much better than air fans.

>Custom loops are for high level autists
This is actually correct. It's for those people who have all that extra money to waste for small as fuck gains they don't need.

What about submerging the components in mineral oil and THEN putting it in a fridge?

Just put the computer in a sealed plastic bag

I did. And then it died in one year and I went back to fans. No FPS loss. Water cooling all in one is a terrible meme.

Custom loops are mainly for aesthetics and overclocking and just for fun these days.

The era of the GTX480 needing it to not catch on fire are over for the most part

amazon.com/Thermalright-True-Spirit-140-Power/dp/B00IYEEOMO

$55 and shits on all but the most expensive AIO water coolers.

I accidentally set my fans to always run at low RPMs on my watercooling loop. My CPU hit 90 C (near 200 F).

I know your post is bait but the ice cold water thing made me laugh.

Custom loops are never necessary. They haven't been necessary for years. Like you said, it's for aesthetics.

Wait, help me understand. How does having a lower temp increase your cpu/gpu capabilities? Wouldn't it just be more efficient, in that you get the same performance with less power/being cooler?

>I don't like this post so I'll call bait

Yeah, much better than shitty tiny babby air cooling.

The main thing is for overclocking head room, but for most gpus out of the box, if you keep the temps low things like GPUBoost for Nvidia will boost the clock speeds automatically because there's more thermal headroom.

youtube.com/watch?v=VeQe6pEEtVI

It's either bate or a retard so whichever one you're more comfortable with. I gave you benefit of the doubt.

+1 since you made me reply again

>That's tiny

kek

Why not both?

>this salty over the truth

Because I don't live in a desert and don't hit thermal limits?

How is that not just a CLC? The fuck does that 3rd fan do?

>reading comprehension
No, it's gigantic, which is why it's cooler and quieter than most AIOs.

what the fug happend to the colors of that image during upload

abload.de/img/82q8sba.jpg

Okay, so overclocking is implied in OP? I see...

The maintenance is more trouble than it's worth.

Well...

This would cool the cpu heatsink. That would mean less heat for the water to carry. Which would mean cooler water?

What's funny is that that radiator alone is overkill for one cpu. No need for weird angle fan.

>maintenance
>pic related shows AOI cooler
>being this retarded

I am so sick of those noctua fans

3rd fan helps maintain airflow since all other CLC units leave the case open I guess. Fuck you I like it.

But user, cooler things don't go faster.
If something is faster, it means it has more energy. Heat is a form energy. Therefore you bought an oil heater.

I seriously hope you don't do this.

I should probably drain my system every 6 months but I'm too lazy. I just do it once a year.

I am so sick of all of my non-Nocta fans because they're so loud and unpleasant sounding in comparison.

200MM NOCTUA WHEN

Yeah if they knew you were wasting water I'm sure they'd get a little overheated.

I switched over to gentle typhoon c-ya noob

you're good, you should be jobbed for this.

>have air cooling
>45 fps @ 80 C under load
>switch to watercooling
>60 fps @ 60 C under load

Not sure where you're losing the idea

>not a hyper 212 evo with as many quiet fans as you need

Doing it wrong

Why do people like to throw their money away?

>Water cooling
>not using thermal electric cooler
pleb

MOAR!

what am I looking at

mineral oil is moisture

>don't talk to me or my son ever again

>I switched from air cooling to water cooling and my games gained 30%+ FPS.
How badly was your PC overheating before

I know that feeling bro.
>TFW I was retarded and nearly brought my PC in to get repaired because it didn't boot when I first bought it when it turns out I just plugged the monitor into the wrong spot.
>TFW I bought a graphics card that was too big, so I just cut a chunk out of the hard-drive racks to make it fit.
>TFW I installed a new motherboard and it didn't boot, but then I disconnected and reconnected everything the exact same way and it booted that time
I'm not very good at computers.

>using water in your liquid cooling system

>plan on OCing my CPU and GPU
>end up reverting the changes and being forced to roll them back every time a game crashes to see if that causes the problem, then OC again if the problem continues
>give up and just run everything at stock speed

Considering there are people that cut the end off a PCI-E card to get it into a PCI slot, I don't think #2 or #3 are bad at all.

How about you don't be stupid about it and actually spend time testing your OC to see if it's stable?
Are you just slapping in values to see what sticks?

Solid carbon dioxide.

A shitty bong cooling set up.

No, I use software like prime95 and graphics benchmarks to test a borderline stable overclock, then take the OC down a few notches, as per the instructions of pretty much everything on the matter on the internet. Stop being a fag.

this desu. fans work just fine thank you.

>NCase

My bro.

>going from higher oc to low
>risking frying something
How about kek.

>I am retarded

What the fuck kind of cthulhu piece of shit did you build that proper cooling is causing an FPS gain instead of preventing shutdowns?

It's such a nice case. It's not an easy build though

it just works. wouldn't risk it though.

youtube.com/watch?v=xknxQLFWtPs

I'm pretty sure African kids would appreciate a water cooling system as much as we do.

This is why ningen should be exterminated....

Shut up Zamasu, you're dead.

I've had heatsinks like that, they're still inferior. Also trying to slap on metal as big as the rest of the computer to compete with superior tech, when will they learn.

>gained 30%+ FPS.
that's a big jump

>cpu temp gets to 74C when gaming with water cooling

idle temps are good but why is it so high when gaming?

What cpu and what clocks? You got proper airflow? Fresh thermal paste? Nothing broken? Not dusty?

i7 6700k @ 4GHz
Corsair Hydro H100i

just built the system a month ago. threw some arctic silver on the heat sink. system is clean and fans are working fine so everything should be in good order.

It's not like super hot or anything, but warmer than typical, especially for being under water.
Maybe you just got a hot running chip

Do you mean
>why does the CPU work so hard when gaming, shouldn't it be mainly GPU
or
>i don't understand why a processing unit temp go high when .. processing

how do i make a pc, nerds?

Start by mining precious metals like gold and platinum. Copper too.

I actually just went backwards with this. Instead of getting water cooling, I had water cooling (h100) and replaced it with my ancient Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme. Fucking love it. 0 more risk and fear of a leak, 0 noise coming from the heatsink anymore, it looks fucking sex compared to those obnoxious tubes that aren't flexible at all, and lastly I don't have a 240mm radiator blocking my entire exhaust on the top of my HAF X anymore. It's amazing.

I already delidded my 3770k and now debating if I want to go lidless completely. Bare-die mounting requires some serious work, but my temps are fucking awful both at idle and load. There's extreme variance, like 9C at load and 15C at idle. That's insane. When the rest of my cores are at like 24C, one core is pushing 39C. It completely throws off my temp readings and probably is limiting my OC capacity.

i just thought a water cooler would keep the temperature lower than 74C.

where do you grow your gold and platinum and copperr

You mine it you fucking idiot. Next you'll have to get your hands on an electronics manufacturing plant. I'd say start with 400 employees, after a few profitable quarters then you can start to build the actual parts for your personal computer.

it isn't conductive is the point

I just started using an aoi with my newest upgrade and I'm really happy with it. I didn't realize how simple it would be and how effective it is at keeping cool temps.

Do people realize aoi != full customizable loops? You literally install it like you would any other PC fan and just forget about it, they're not even much more expensive than a nice air cooler.

I literally know nothing of water cooling.

Do you guys really water your PC, like a plant?

It doesn't actually contain water

>Hurr why not just water cool your car, bro?

Water cooling is the stupidest thing ever.

Only if it's a good one, water cooling is mainly for fan noise issues, not really performance.
Also it could be a bad liquid flow or bad surface contact.
Never forget that thermal paste should be hair thin or it will act as an insulator instead.

>Hurr why not just water cool your car, bro?

cars are watercooled doe.

the best air coolers are big and ugly as fuck.

No, I've seen my engine. There's a fan on the front, it's air cooled

Literally bullshit.

But then the engine would rust

A fan behind the radiator which is filled with coolant my dude.

There are more than 10000000000000000 gallons of water in the air. If the Africa is truly lacking water, they could simply pull it out of the air.

My car is aircooled.

AIO watercooling is worse performance-wise AND louder than a decent air cooled setup.

Many such cases! sad!

Seriously though, I know. Some cars have radiators and some just have a fan.

>t. beetle driver

>closed loop cooling
>water cooling masterrace
nah.

Incorrect. A good (100+) dollar AIO will outperform even a NH-D15 consistently. And for the D15 to even get to that level, it needs more fans.

I bet you drive a civic.

no
your closed loop garbage performs equally as well as the NH-D15 while costing on average30-50 more. if you're going to claim otherwise post proof, with both heatsinks being tested.
if your think more money magically makes a 240MM radiator better you're mistaken.

I drive a '67 baja bug and an '87 W124 300e, fuckboi.

>What to Do When Your Water Cooling Leaks Inside Your PC

Okay, point me to a $100 AIO solution that does as described and I'll be happy to agree with you.

Feels good to drive a Civic.

I mean, I bought my H110 on sale for 99.99...

I'd rather buy a crown vic than buy a piece of shit civic any day.

V8s all day.

H110 performs worse than a NH-D15.

Honestly, once you get into the 80-90+ dollar cooling budget, you'll only get a couple of degrees variance at most.

So you pick.

Do you want small form factor, easy cleaning, very easy to program AIO cooling OR

A fuckhuge heatpipe tower with 4 fans that requires low profile ram and a massive case.

They perform demonstrably the fucking same. Each one has like 6 paid-off reviewers showing the other one being .5 or .6 degrees cooler than the other. At that level, it's a form factor thing, and I didn't have an autistic gamer ricer case with 3 feet of horizontal space.
Also I totally put noctua fans on that bitch and it runs even better now.

>Autistic gamer ricer case
>Gets a worse cooling, significantly louder cooler

No user, you are the autist. You fell for the watercooled shills because you refuse to (or are unable to) properly research your PC components.

>Gets a worse cooling, significantly louder cooler
They cool the same and the D15 only runs quieter because it has Noctua's god-tier fans, which I have on my H110. Which actually make it cool even better.

I understand you have buyers remorse because of your full tower case with a cooler that takes 3 hours to clean and requires low profile, shit-tier ram.

But this is just delusional. I need to cool a very heavily overclocked 2500k in a case that isn't the size of a small closet. Aircooling has NOTHING for that.

10/10.

Let me see if I can make a higher res version.

I dont think its as simple as that user
did you overclock after switching to watercooling?

This is the first time i'm building a PC, gonna use this for gaming and production stuff (image and video editing and 3d shit)

pcpartpicker.com/list/

Is this fan going to be sufficient? Is there one as good or better that will still fit that's a less ugly color? I know it's just aesthetic but it rubs my autism the wrong way.

pic unrelated

You linked the wrong thing, friendo.

Find the permalink.

Welp, sorry for being a retard

pcpartpicker.com/list/MqRwYr

Here you go. See if this helps.

Just because.

No, Noctua will always be those ugly colors, and a cooler that costs half as much like a 212 Hyper Evo would be fine unless you plan to aim for like 4.7-4.8ghz on that CPU.

Also, holy shit user you don't need 1000w.

For fucks sake, get a 650w. 750 if you're paranoid as fuck. My system consumes more than yours and I run a lower tier 600w supply. Good brand choice though.

Also you can totally just buy a windows key for 1/4 the price.

what software do you use to make normal maps? I would like to make some more mods

You don't need such a big psu

I would get 2 phanteks fans if you dont like the color. There are a lot of good fans that perform as well as the noctuas but are a little less expensive. The included fan will work just fine though.
Since its your first build, I'll let you know now. Please install your cooler correctly and apply the paste well too. Make sure your temps are matching up with what everyone else is getting on average.

Also, you dont need 1000 watts. get a 100 dollar 850W(750 is good too) EVGA instead. Currently using the 850g2 and its running everything perfectly. 2gtx 780s and an overclocked 4690k, 3HDDs, and 10 fans(dont ask).

>i7 meme
>1000 watt PSU for a 1070
>Buying Windows 10
>32gb Ram
>$200 on a motherboard

I mean it's your money but you can definitely make it more price efficient

I use this.
github.com/Theverat/NormalmapGenerator

Probably not as good as crazubump but it does fine for most things.

If he's doing production, 32gb of ram and an i7 is personally reasonable you dumb idiot. Otherwise he'd be smarter in going 6600k and 1080.

And 200 is perfectly fine for a mid-tier mobo. If he was spending 300-400, I'd shit on him.

The PSU is way too big tho.

Hes going to do production he said. i7 wouldnt bee bad.

Like that other user said, 650W is enough maybe a 750W just cause.

I agree on the windows though lol

200 Mobo is quite a lot. Most I ever spend is 130-150.

4 GPUs

I know 1000w is way more then I need. Unfortunately i'm only paying for half the build and the person who is paying for the other half is being retarded.

>Also you can totally just buy a windows key for 1/4 the price.
If you direct me to a reputable seller then i'll check it out.

>and a cooler that costs half as much like a 212 Hyper Evo would be fine
That's what I had on there but somebody on the build thread on Cred Forums said that cooler may not be enough.

>The included fan will work just fine though.
Pretty sure the 6700k doesn't come with a stock cooler?

Bro I'm right there with you. Shitty Cooler Master Megaflows 200m fans in my system, and they suck dick. Loud, tick, and the LEDs are dying already. Can't wait for those Noctuas.

>he didn't buy the zalman that keeps his 8 core 8350 at a constant 20C

laughingirls.png

>there are children in Africa
Your wife's son?

>build thread on Cred Forums said that cooler may not be enough.
That person is retarded. The 212 Evo can cool overclocked stuff. A stock i7 is fuck easy for it. And I was talking about the fan included with the cooler you picked,.

the though of a niglet dying every 3 mins please me

>8350
>not constantly running .001 degrees below the temperature required for nuclear fusion

I see through your memes

>I'd recommend not using it for both. when you're rendering you'll want to play some video games bet you can't because you're rendering. And then you'll end up like me having a bunch of complete scenes but never render them. Think Finbarr Calamitous.
Can always set up a schedule and render overnight like me.

>gonna use this for gaming and production stuff
I'd recommend not using it for both. when you're rendering you'll want to play some video games bet you can't because you're rendering. And then you'll end up like me having a bunch of complete scenes but never render them. Think Finbarr Calamitous.

I hope you at least have a console.

Also try not to get sucked too into the whole PBR thing. You'll find yourself staring at things IRL for 15+ minutes observing the shading.

>render overnight
If you're a biased pleb. It's physical accuracy or nothing.

I don't understand you people

>Pretty sure the 6700k doesn't come with a stock cooler?
I meant the one included with noctua.
>That's what I had on there but somebody on the build thread on Cred Forums said that cooler may not be enough.
the evo 212 is nice but if I was using an i7 personally I'd go with a 50 or so dollar air cooler. Any higher and I'd just buy a 280mm liquid cooler.
>If you direct me to a reputable seller then i'll check it out.
I trust kinguin.net and g2a(although people hate them).

Now about your friend. You can just google a PSU wattage calculator. Select the parts youre using and it will tell you how much power it will consume. I generally buy 100W higher than what I need or if the even higher wattage PSUs go on sale I buy them instead.

who thought such a cute little girl would grow up to be the squarest fridge in all the land

Because I don't need to.

Because my current build with the stock cooler encounters no thermally throttling, so investing in water cooling would be a poor investment.

That's a baffling setup, sempai

>Muh SPPM
>Muh easy SDS
>Muh irradience chaching

Just use VCM you scrub.

>That's a baffling setup, sempai

It's transitioning. I need to replace the video card and monitors next. Eventually I'll up the RAM, but I don't need to right now.

wow 22c? I've never had my CPU get anywhere near that cool.
My GPUs however can reach 22C on liquid but only if the room is cool. Cant wait for winter.

Because the last time I overhauled my system, I was trouble-shooting for weeks. Don't feel like dealing with it again at the moment, although I intend to because I'm going to be upgrading my CPU and start overclocking it and my Titan X.

Pure mineral oil isnt moisture, dumbass.

Because for the price of water cooling, I can just get a better CPU and GPU instead. If you're not using the best available hardware, the water cooling budget is best spent elsewhere.

ur friend is a fucking retard

>Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor 11W - 91W
>Noctua NH-U12S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler 5W - 10W
>Asus Z170-PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard 17W - 70W
>G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory 29W - 29W
>Western Digital BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive 4W - 20W
>Western Digital BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive 4W - 20W
>Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 2W - 10W
>EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FTW DT GAMING ACX 3.0 Video Card 53W - 215W
>Total: 125W - 465W

get an h60 for a easy liquid cooler, or an h110i if you have the money

air coolers are still good enough even for overclocking though

true

Water cooling is a retarded consumerist meme in 99% of use cases.

to add on, get a 500 watt gold modular psu maybe 600 for headroom.

explain

whats the one percent?

>wow 22c? I've never had my CPU get anywhere near that cool.

I use ICDiamond thermal paste. It works really well. I originally got it for an old "gaming" laptop and it dropped it from over 100c (with the factory paste, filled with gross chink factory worker finger prints) to 70c.

Otherwise the CPU as the usual EVO 212 air cooler and is in a Corsair Graphite 600T case. The ambient room temp is 20~21c, so the CPU is only 1c over ambient at idle, which is what it's always at.

And this is with it OC'd to 4.5Ghz

WOW so little. power efficiency has come a long way. I'd do what this user suggested. 550-600W gold modular that comes with the temp fan. One of my favorite features are the temp fans. Never turns on unless there is some MAJOR load on the system.

>Have to choose one or the other
>Can't afford all of the above
Get fucked NEET :)

because i can get a air cooler for half the cost of your $100 cocksuck loop that performs the same and is quieter

Everyone in this thread and Cred Forums who uses water cooling systems.

Don't worry about it; you're safe with us.

I'll look into that. I've been using gelid extreme paste. I might get that ICdiamond and replace the paste soon enough.
Currently using an h100i GT and the room is usually 26C if the AC is off.
4690k @4.6Ghz.

ok I laughed

When is zalman going to abandon their dip shit coil fans

I do have a water cooling system, I just don't know how it works.

>4690k
>4.6GHz

dayum son

>the evo 212 is nice but if I was using an i7 personally I'd go with a 50 or so dollar air cooler.

So like what, would the Cryorig H5 be fine? Or is there a beefier version of the hyper evo?

I've had an evo 212 on my i72600k since release running at 4.4ghz it's more then enough

Well, my room is like 80 degrees F most of the time, and it gets pretty dusty. So i'd rather be extra sure and pay another 10$-20$

I just don't know what's the best for the 50$~ price range for air coolers

Hyper 612 V2

I did when I built this computer. And it worked okay for a while. Like 2 years maybe. Then it just randomly shit the bed one night, assuming because of pump failure. Went ahead and replaced it with a $35 air cooler just to get me by (the water cooler was $100, plus $40 for better fans that didn't sound like jet engines). Temps actually went down. Doesn't make as much noise under load (using stock fan on the new one, "quiet" edition on the watercooler). Less moving parts to fail on me -- and even if it does fail, all I have to do is simply switch out a fan, which I now have 2 extras of to salvage from my old setup.

Pretty disappointing, honestly. The AIO was obviously much more aesthetically pleasing than the air cooler, but I've realized it doesn't really matter at all seeing as I don't jerk off to my computer and/or post in /guts/ threads.

Closed loop coolers are only relevant to ricers. People looking to do extreme overclocking should be doing custom loops. And everyone else should just stick to air.

>implying

I literally said "unless you're using the best available hardware." In other words, if you have top of the line stuff already, and therefore no option to upgrade components, then water cooling becomes the only way to get extra performance. Water cooling anything other than a top-end component is retarded.

That's what most people can get on it. Dramatically increased my minimum frames. No more dips babyyyy

>1893

patrician taste, was extremely shocked at how good it was when i gave it a try the other day

is there condensation build up?

If you haven't looked into it yet, give the corsair ml120/140 mm fans a look. They combine static pressure with high air flow. I have one installed on my hyper 212 evo and it's quiet as can be and actually lowered my idle temp to 30 degrees Celsius.

just as the Egyptians made

No. Using a rad won't make the liquid go below room temp, so condensation isn't an issue

What's the best way to set up a CPU fan direction wise?

I've variously seen builds where the lay "flat" over the CPU, not sticking out, other times where they are sticking out either with the face facilitating air flow horizontally or vertically through the case, rather to or away from the processor itself

/thread

nigga u retarded

Have the fans facing an exhaust fan on the case so the heat is taken directly out

ive been using that for 20 plus years

1070 or 1080? Gonna upgrade my whole rig soon. Gonna be playing at 1080p^144Hz mainly. But I want to be future proof.

And then just a general question, what make? Gigabyte, STRIX?

gigabyte 1080
or wait for the 1080 ti

Well 1080ti is coming out soon. I got cucked when I bought a 780 only to have the ti come out not even a month later.

tl;dw for anyone who's wondering.

Doesn't work on high end rigs, it just heats the fridge up because it doesn't have an airflow.

Thanks, do you know when it comes out? Did Nvidia anounce something already?

what if both the case fans directly above and behind it are exhaust? Vertically since heat rises? Or horiztonally since the intake fans are moving it that direction to begin with?

Well I would assume late October to December but these are rumors. It's up to you if you want to wait or not.

The only benefit you would get with closed-looped CPU cooling is overclocking...and I doubt you gained 30% FPS unless you were getting throttled due to dirt/gunk in your CPU cooler.

I'm on EVO 212 air cooled and have my i7 3770k @ 4.2ghz stable with no problems.

>not using liquid nitrogen

How does it feel to be a poor nigger?

Doesn't really matter, which ever works best for the case setup. The fans will direct the airflow regardless

I've noticed that amd chips benefit a ton from overclocking. Mostly because they're bottlenecking the gpu. I got 20 extra frames on valley benchmark with a 1ghz overclock on an 8320.

3570k @ 4.4

hits max 75C in occt 1hr test. noctua d14 cooler so no pwm fans on that thing. pretty fucking pleased. a bit dusty in there. i should clearn this shit up and see how much better temps are. gotta love benchmarks and their handy graph outputs.

should really buy something to replace this old as shit 670 though. wait. that's what my completely new build is for rofl.

Oh, okay. But is the difference that big between the 1070 and the 1080? It's still a big money difference.

Using 650W on my 1070 and it's just fine.

watercooling is a massive fucking meme.

it sounds hard to do and cool if youre a faggot, so its something dorks brag about. the difference between the better fans out there and a watercooler is super slim. its not worth the extra price my a long shot. not to mention the extra noise.