When are video games going to start featuring vaporware in their soundtrack?

When are video games going to start featuring vaporware in their soundtrack?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FIq6LoXq5tk
youtube.com/watch?v=byJLw-dQXHA
youtu.be/jXGwM__cyUI
youtube.com/watch?v=CKGtCkM23AI
youtu.be/4BSJAAo1uNY
youtube.com/watch?v=jeX4kHPCrCI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=qHXmmzfNREY
youtube.com/watch?v=R4WDXeGtwYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=I3ZZOmjO5Ww
youtube.com/watch?v=idipMrfAZHk
youtube.com/watch?v=ET6657PH9gQ
youtube.com/watch?v=nIphlDWl9XY
youtube.com/watch?v=unN7QvSWSTo
youtube.com/watch?v=HVN3K-l4W54
youtube.com/watch?v=cU8HrO7XuiE
youtube.com/watch?v=XLJxqz83ujw
youtube.com/watch?v=-3FSFxsVhJA
youtube.com/watch?v=sBGS-vM0BAI
files.sq10.net/music/vaporwave/list/
youtube.com/watch?v=fx5wkHxE_n4
youtube.com/watch?v=v9gDG6RHUx0
youtube.com/watch?v=IFS7CeCQ7gU
youtube.com/watch?v=ZUlAytznxn4
youtu.be/oo-4Wjrf0TM
youtu.be/ZxQf_WXF0nc
youtube.com/watch?v=9dvI0qVX3Sw
youtube.com/watch?v=PdpP0mXOlWM
youtube.com/watch?v=CyW_iFYTbkU
youtube.com/watch?v=zJqLH8EA2rM
youtube.com/watch?v=smhukUzP3UI
youtube.com/watch?v=CB4v9_rYqnc
youtube.com/watch?v=dKJfJMMsqX4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=byJLw-dQXHA
Play some actual fucking video games first, you sack of shit bandwagon memer.

They already did 20 years ago

>listening to memewave

If you do this you should kys.

This is MACINTOSH PLUS. His/her art is not for you.

Eh? If you were bandwagoning you would be shunning the 970 because memes, despite it having been an amazing bang for buck card.

A E S T H E T I C S doesn't need permission slips

but john wick is a good movie?

lol what

youtu.be/jXGwM__cyUI

they already do.

It's called Sonic CD

>those sennheisers instead of of ath m50
>berserk instead of jojo
>nobody actually listens to MAC+

>"Stop liking what I don't like"

Play Vice City at 80% speed

>vaporware

>vaporgayve

2014 called and wants it's meme music back

Loading the gun now

it's vaporwaVe, user

i bet you can't even name artists that aren't macintosh+, blank banshee, yung bae, saint pepsi or com truise

youtube.com/watch?v=CKGtCkM23AI
future funk best

Top kek

kek
Close, but no berserk

>he doesn't update his images

>Jojo
>After Battle Tendency

fuck right off

Never even heard of her but kek, what a fucktard. Now they'll just pirate your shit.

animeonly detected

>single player
woo lad what a waste
i'll stick to worlds.com

The art and plot gets more gay and retarded as time goes on, and that isn't restricted to just the anime.

Vaporwave is (usually) made with pirated music on pirated software anyways so who fucking cares

I listen to future funk instead

youtu.be/4BSJAAo1uNY

>reddit
>windows 10

Regardless, still such a ceingey thing to say.

>You don't agree with my insane ideology, so you can't support my music career or else (I'll throw a pathetic, impotent bitch fit)

Is this an album? If so please link.

>hating on vaporwave now

are you gay?

youtube.com/watch?v=jeX4kHPCrCI

oh no

imagine all the poor people who will have to slow music down themselves

>asking money for a game filled with memes and jpgs from the internet, content that isn't even theirs
Fuck those guys.

>His/her
Ugh. It's xer.

>future funk

Mah nigga.

Vaporwave is fucking garbage. Just listen to the real deal. Its much better.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qHXmmzfNREY

n o t v a p o r w a v e

OPN and Ferraro make better concept albums.
I liked it better when bedroom producers actually tried to make pleasant sounding music instead of just doing the sleepy pitch shifting or slapping a bunch of soundcloud meme effects on it afterward like that stupid assed squeaky chair soundbyte.

youtube.com/watch?v=R4WDXeGtwYQ

When are video games going to start featuring seinwave?
youtube.com/watch?v=I3ZZOmjO5Ww

>help create boring noise genre that quickly spirals into house+funk meme music about the time you and your pals declare it dead
>2-3 years later: rrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee proles get out! this remixed elevator music was supposed to destroy capitalism!!

LMFAOOOO Cred Forumsturds btfo once again.

This.
youtube.com/watch?v=idipMrfAZHk

>fucking REDDITORS
>IN MY BOARD

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

youtube.com/watch?v=ET6657PH9gQ

No one bandwagons meme50s anymore

Man. I thought Cred Forums had it bad with hating every game. Now I see that the world of music is a terrifying place where you aren't allowed to like music even if you genuinely think it sounds good.

kek

>tfw it's kickstarter is about to fail

Shame. Would have been nice.

>Death Grips

youtube.com/watch?v=nIphlDWl9XY

Simpsonswave is the best subgenre

$uicideboy$

>Tendies nursery

why hasn't there been any recent games with meme music like vaporwave, synthwave, or Deathgrips or Cred Forumscore?

Synthwave isn't meme music fuck off. It's actually good, and all that other shit is trash.

>Berserk cucks BTFO
I don't think they mind that much. They enjoy the NTR.

Good morning leddit.

What's wrong with any of these things again?

Is there any music more calming/better than vaporwave? It's the biggest mix of catchy, sadness, and comfi

chillstep, house, synthwave, ambient, sadcore, sadfolk, lo-fi, dream pop

Ssshit, I was actually going to buy those headphones eventually. Are they a meme?

When are millenial faggots going to fuck off?

This "music" is absolutely nothing new and a bunch of cucks born when the 90's was already over think they can install some vsts and become super 80's knowledge band and bank on nostalgia they never even experienced.

Fuck off. It's literally just the same music people would have on their answering machines back in the day. Just shitty loops and non effort.

John Wick is such a shit movie.
You could predict the entire movie. The moment they showed a dog, I knew it was getting killed.

Also, there's literally no way this movie didn't ripoff Hotline Miami:
>pro-shooter/killer killing Russians
>rave club scenes and music
>pic related's font

chillwave and dreampop are great. They're like vaporwave but not an abhorrent memetic abomination

>vaporware

You actually think Hotline Miami invented that aesthetic, don't you? Excellent work.

>that fucking delusion

Isn't it called vaportWAVE though?

man, I miss when Penny Arcade was good and neither vaporwave nor even Cred Forums existed

pic is literally from like two weeks before Cred Forums was added

Half of that shit is conjured-up bullfuckery terms covering absolutely nothing, and you couldn't define or discern them if your life depended on it.

Please eat light bulbs until it kills you.

which OST
US or JP?

remove the memes and the recent stuff and its ready to go

you mean Eccojams?

youtube.com/watch?v=unN7QvSWSTo

>mfw im going to see macross this friday

i actually have met him months ago and its chill as fuck, a bit chubby but pretty rad person overall

youtube.com/watch?v=HVN3K-l4W54

What are those headphones?

What's actually wrong with the 598's?

JP I would say. US soundtrack is unique but I couldn't tell you what genre it belongs to.

No, they're really good.

Leave him alone, he just wants to feel special.

They're popular.

this is a heavy bait thread

Rabbits should not be wearing any clothing, harnesses, or collars. They choke and break bones easily. Rabbits are obsessed with being clean. Having clothes will frustrate them and overheat them.

but are they GOOD? quality? functional?

wow what an oldfag
*tips fedora respectfully in your direction*

fuck off

Is that a Heathcliff reference?

1/8 of a century? No... No that can't be right... I... I ha-... I have to go.

what are games that feature vaporwave similar to 2814?

good for them, fuck Cred Forums and alt-righters
btw if you idoits don't know this is macintosh plus

So it's just Cred Forums having a massive hateboner for Cred Forums?

I'm starting to wonder if they use linux only because it has no vidya

>buying open "we are too lazy to engineer headphones that won't leak sound so we'll call part of the design" headphones

go where?

how is this not just house music

>listen to floral shope
>listen to original
>original trumps it
>download pages' albums
Kek

>btw if you idoits don't know this is macintosh plus
Literally says it in the post. Liberal being illiterate as usual.

What is this bust that everyone posts. Is this some hipster shit that I'm supposed to know about?

Joke's on you, I'm not leaving the house with them

what would you reccomend for closed back headphones?

is it even possible to enjoy this shit when not on something? I take a fuckton of valiums and other shit, and I love vaporwave, honestly. But if I'm sober I can't stand it.

Portable or not?

Feeling insecure in your manhood, user?

>acknowledging alt-right

Why post at all?

Only time I really leave the house is for work and listening to headphones is the worst idea ever

I don't want to have to buy an amp, if that's what you're asking

Yes. It's from the album that kickstarted the vaporwave meme into mainstream.

youtube.com/watch?v=cU8HrO7XuiE

Made by this cunt

literally all vaporwave sounds the same
all this retrosynth stuff is just so trite and uninspired

>considering vaporwave a distinct enough genre to even warrant a question like this

no

Excellent taste, friendo.

Sony MDR-1A are pretty good but you should check the reviews before buying any headphone.

>buy $200 turntable
>find out that you need powered speakers or else you can't listen to music

user, how old are you anyway?

>making a blind purchase

>house+funk meme music
i unironically enjoy future funk

>buy cassette player/tape deck
>Just need to plug into power source and play

>buy CD player
>Just need batteries to play

>buy turntable
>need speakers and power source

shoegazer

I unironically enjoy most of the genre depending on the mood I'm looking for.

>shutter shadow effect on pizzaz

That attention to detail. I want to make an honest cyberwoman of whoever made this.

>failing to see how well he just memed everyone

On god this might be bait but idgaf

youtube.com/watch?v=XLJxqz83ujw

youtube.com/watch?v=-3FSFxsVhJA

youtube.com/watch?v=sBGS-vM0BAI

Recommend me some good house tracks

You can find all albums here in the best quality.
>files.sq10.net/music/vaporwave/list/

I have never seen such a self-indulgent load of bollocks desu

you can go now.
Nobody asked you what is your opinion on a new way to create music in the 21 century.

The Gordon Ramsay of music has arrived.

>using the most popular processor is bandwagoning

It's not a fucking obscure thrift shop you found in the corner of town.

>t. idiot sandwich

>tfw was listening to macintosh+ before the "A E S T H E T I C" shitposters showed up
>absolutely fucking hate vaporwave now
they're trying so hard to validate the genre,it's just embarrassing.

>"A E S T H E T I C" shitposters showed up
They are literally just kids that stumbled upon something that catches their attention.
Just enjoy the music and ignore everyone

Our little indie game has a 60~ track long original sound track, most of which is electronic, about half a dozen of which get close to vaporwave, and one of which is a pretty close rip of mac 420.

nice fake fag

Any vidya OSTs influenced by shoegaze? that'd be really interesting

Lancaster_ is good shit youtube.com/watch?v=fx5wkHxE_n4

猫 シ Corp is some good shit too. this is without a doubt one of my favorite vaporwave tracks.
youtube.com/watch?v=v9gDG6RHUx0

>Cred Forums, Cred Forums Cred Forums, and Cred Forums present
>not that one autistic guy on Cred Forums with the really recognizeable posting style who can't go two sentences without saying 'Cred Forumsermin'
And anyway, Cred Forums loves that John Wick piece of shit.

I don't see why people get so all up in arms in trying to find meaning in all of this vaporwave stuff. I just like having the nostalgic sense it brings out in you. It's great background stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=IFS7CeCQ7gU

bring it yourself

Furi OST maybe
youtube.com/watch?v=ZUlAytznxn4

It's unoriginal as a genre. It's basically layering effects onto various sounds and songs without changing much of anything else like harmony, rhythm, etc.

There's less work done in your average vaporwave song than your average techno remix nowadays IMO and that's saying quite a lot.

Good idea, this is the future funk thread now.

youtu.be/oo-4Wjrf0TM
youtu.be/ZxQf_WXF0nc

This is also acceptable.

Isn't Anything > Loveless

>mfw I have very rare release of 骨架的- Hologram
Sometimes it pays off to lurk Cred Forums

>tfw listen to sailorwave and voting against trump

Malory>most shoegaze bands

>infinity frequencies
youtube.com/watch?v=9dvI0qVX3Sw
Love this guy, good music to sleep to

Im just a sucker for the Win9x look, It's always been my favorite PC look since forever and i'll never give it up

synthwave isn't vaporwave you uncultured swine

If vaporwave ever had any sort of musical merit to it, it would have found some sort of indie success and grew with its expanded popularity on the internet. Even dubstep managed to do this.

But no, the genre was defined poorly and vaporwave is shit as a result of people who had not an ounce of muscial originality and only chased some ill-defined "aesthetic" standard.

>it would have found some sort of indie success
Thats not even what vaporwave is about.
Please watch this video to understand at least the basic outlines of what is.
Oh and vaporwave is already popular and it the next step in music creation.
>youtube.com/watch?v=PdpP0mXOlWM

when games decide to become memes

Videogame sounds track are still using buttrock and dubstep. Maybe in the next 50 years.

>youtube.com/watch?v=FIq6LoXq5tk
Watch it to the last second

S E K K O

>future funk
youtube.com/watch?v=CyW_iFYTbkU

Thread ended here.

Reddit started here.

i dont know where are you getting the results from,I created that picture for /wg/vaporwave thread few months back.
If you search in the archives you can find it.

I've watched that as part of exploring why this is even a thing along with reading up on all the obscure pieces on the genre and listening to them along with the original derived pieces of sounds, clips, and music vaporwave pulled from before concluding it is all shit and shallow with so little change on the original sources.

"Popularity" doesn't mean existing in a bubble, it means it can give and take from outside influences to evolve in its own right. But instead, the movement feels like it should splinter off into subgroups/"subgenres" before even being able to have an even vague consensus on what it achieves to convey musically or artistically. The only thing I feel like the genre accomplishes is "irony" but I can get better forms of that from existing artforms already so it is pointless for me to appreciate.

absolutely it is. the point is that people bandwagon awesome media once it's gained a solid fanbase. often times people will dismiss something when it first comes out only to give it a second try once enough people like it. these are the sort of people hipsters (justifiably) rage against.

idk but sythopop just started appearing on my youtube recommended and I started fucking with that
youtube.com/watch?v=zJqLH8EA2rM

Google the quote retard

nothing of the wall of text you wrote relates to the genre.
Sub groups exist to make at least some sense when searching for new music,no artist devides their music,users do that.
Its all about creation and nothing else,its up to the anonymous artist to make whatever he wants and nothing more.
What you should do is reevaluate your patrician taste in music and get a life,I cant belive someone is this buthurt about something this new brought to this world.

youtube.com/watch?v=smhukUzP3UI

Do it yourselves or commissioned? if the latter, how much did it set you back?

Like that time when games in bulk started to feature neo 80s shit and it became too mainstream for you kys.

>I don't see why people get so all up in arms in trying to find meaning in all of this vaporwave stuff
The people who listen to it and create it espouse it as an actual musical genre so it's being held to the same standards other genres are

>it is all shit and shallow with so little change on the original sources

This. You are better off listening to the actual artists and their songs.

Not him, but vaporwave is the most derivative shit I've seen. It's like saying chopped and screwed is a genre, when really it's just a style of DJ'ing. It doesn't take much to slow a song and chop it up, and add some snares from a soundcloud user's free sound pack. It's the laziest route for an artist.

Still better than seapunk

One of the full time partners is dedicated to audio, we have been mates since high school. Music is a big part of the game for us. We dont commission anything. Just buy the odd shader or tool and steel the odd texture here and there.

Oneohtrix is the only relevant vaporwave artist and he abandoned it well before anyone turned it into a meme.

fug that was for

>fedorawave
>""""""""""music"""""""""""

youtube.com/watch?v=CB4v9_rYqnc

Synthwave is better anyway

Future Funk is the best thing to have happened to music in the past ~10 years.

>Cred Forums
>talking down on anyone
Jesus Christ my side's I can't even breathe

>side's
Your side is? Your side has?

says the phoneposter

>vaporware

Anything that requires electricity isn't real art.
Electronic music isn't real music, pictures drawn with computers aren't real artworks and puppetry rendered in 3D definitely isn't real puppetry.
What defines art from creation is that art is a craft, it's skill and talent manifesting in a piece or performance.
The reason music is able to affect us so profoundly is because it's complex sounds and tonnes in sequence reproduced through static objects or even a person's own body.
Telling a computer to do it for you isn't a craft, it isn't art.

Hitting Piano keys is not music, as the piano makes the sound for you, it is not art unless you make the sound with you mouth.

not all electronic music is made on computers. there are plenty of types of electronic music that are actually played in real time. your comment is pretty reactionary too, there was a time when people thought any music played on instruments wasn't real music because all real music was made by the voice. there's no logical reason why involving electricity automatically makes music lazy and not real music, blame the "artists" not the tools.

>m-m-m-muh protons neutrons and electrons!!!
Normies are Eternally BTFO out of this galaxy by based E-Sports.

The thing that gets me about these is how obsessively detailed they always are

A piano is an object that works purely with the energy your own body provides.
The instrument itself is a miracle and a works using the same principles as beating a piece of wood or singing.
As you can see music has not changed since it's inception.
Well until recently when unintelligible morons decided punching the keys of their calculator was a nice sound.
All forms of electronic music betray the core elements of music.

all the forms of electronic music? even the forms that are played on a keyboard that is functionally identical to a piano?

>releasing slowed down jap music fron the 80s and calling it vaporwave
>MUH AESTHETIC
>chopped and screwed? whats that?

how to spot a 90s kid that didn't get the original idea behind vaporwave and will never understand it

Oh shit I was wondering when's future funk's turn at being the new meme genre that dies in obscurity in 6 months.

plus you're ignoring the fact that composition is a form of talent as well. there are actually complex forms of electronic music out there, just because they aren't played at EDM festivals doesn't mean they don't exist.

That's not functionally identical, an electronic keyboard uses electrical energy while a piano uses kinetic energy.
In this way it's an extension of the artists own body.
If you can't take your instrument anywhere on the planet and play a song it's not really an instrument.
Rather it's a machine that you allow to play itself.
This includes keyboards, pressing the keys on the keyboard is arbitrary because it can just as easily play the exact same notes itself.

This kind of music seems very derivative and unlikely to have any kind of staying power. I'm assuming that by this time next year no-one will give a shit

>m-muh manly ball game! Put real sports back on
Video games take just as much skill as physical sports, just using different parts of your body.

i always knew she a SJW still pretty based BTFO them retards

Composition is art in itself but that same music being produced electronically is not an art.

Imagine you write a book.
This is art.
You read it yourself, performing your art.
Now you are given a robot to read your book for you.
Is the robot an artist?
No.
Is the robot performing your book art?
No.
So although the writing or composition is art, the performance is not necessarily.

>take someone else's music
>slow it down
>put fuckton of effects
>sell it

how is this even legal? how do people support this shit?

that's a horrible comparison. keyboards are nothing like a robot reading a book. they are more like a word processor document holding the text of your book.
>Is the robot performing your book art?
nobody said it was. nobody said what the keyboard itself did was art. that's a strawman argument.
>So although the writing or composition is art, the performance is not necessarily.
it is if you want people to hear it. also, the electronic sound can add to the aesthetic (heh) appeal of the composition.

>970
>i7
>Cred Forums

Ok, piano, art, keyboard, not art. Got it.

Everything makes sense now.

I have reported this thread for off-topic posting.

Do I hear Yoshi in this?

So is he/she a girl or a boy?

I tried asking her/him on twitter what her/his gender was and she/he replied with a stock image of middle fingers and never gave me an answer.

If that happens then it's safe to assume they're the opposite of whatever they claim to be. Unless they're pulling the dreaded double-gender maneuver.

Ii IS essenttially the same thing as house, but the snowflakes wanna be hip by "creating a new song"

> read this
> Haha, you can't be right, theres....
> Oh this i from...
> Oh...

Your future funk niggas just repeating what daft punk did 20 yrs ago
youtube.com/watch?v=dKJfJMMsqX4

Shit man you figured that out quick. You must be some sort of genius.

>thread about reddit: the music genre
>surprised when they appear
>mfw

you have some wishes left on that monkey paw user

this sounds great