Civilization VI discussion thread

Couldn't find a civ thread in the catalog, so lets talk about civ vi here.

Soon

I was hoping they'd have another First Look today, since the NDA expires soon, but I guess we'll know almost everything by the weekend.

Why are people even excited for this shit. It won't even be playable until 2 - 3 years after release.

If modern Firaxis is anything to go by Civ 6 will be an incomplete buggy mess. You'll need to wait until the third or second DLC.

This is unfortunately true.
But I'm still excited to play it, I haven't been able to play V in a while, it's been getting pretty fucking boring.

I tried to get back into IV but it was just too easy

Nice clock ahmed

Hope they make the AI more difficult instead of just giving it bonuses
But that won't happen

...Play online?

I think the issue is that the devs probably aren't too sure what the best way to play the game is. For example, in civ 5, automated workers build trading posts all the time, even though farms and mines are better. The best way to play will probably be discovered by the players.
And besides, simply programming the AI to play the best over and over would be boring. I actually kind of like how the AI in Civ5 has a personality. I do think there are some improvements they could make (having an increased focus on science), but i think what we have now is better than a skilled but gamey AI.

LOL fucking hell

it's hard for most games

Game confirmed to use Denuvo.

Welp, first civ ill never buy.

>Civ VI confirmed to use Denuvo.

lol

My Stand, 「citation needed」, says otherwise.

I'll get it when the aztecs are available.

and if reviews are good

Seriously, this.

Civ 5 was garbage when it came out.

CIV BE was garbage and still is.

Civ 6 is guaranteed to be mediocre or less. Did you guys even take al ook at the tech tree? It's sparse as fuck. Just like in Vanilla Civ 5.

there's over 110 things to research in civ vi
civ v had less than 80

So civ started at five?

Are mods going to be a thing?

Of course

>America / Theodore Roosevelt
Isolated militant-oriented, late game cultural victory. Get culture bonus every time a rough rider kills a unit on American soil. All units gain bonuses for being within American territory. Hates other civs trying to start wars.

>Aztec / Montezuma
Trade-focused, happiness-focused cultural victory. Happiness is replaced by "amenity" in case you weren't aware. Amenity is a stat which is affected by luxury resources. Montezuma's agenda is to gobble up all the luxury resources in the game. He likes civs who share luxury resources with him, and hates civs who have a certain luxury resource he doesn't have yet.

>Brazilian / Pedro II
Cultural victory through gaining amenity by means of production, nationalism, and producing great persons.

>Chinese / Qin Shi Huang
Early game, isolated defensive technologies-focused scientific victories. Gains technologies by building early game wonders. Hates other civs attempting to make wonders.

>Egyptian / Cleopatra
Early game, trade-focused cultural victories. Prefers to do business and ally with stronger, military-focused civs since Egypt doesn't have much to protect themselves with in late game. Improves districts and production by building early game wonders.

>English / Victoria
Mid-late game, seafaring militant cultural or domination victory focused on adding every continent to their civilization. Hates other civs settled on continents she's not a part of.

>French / Catherine de Medici
Mid game cultural victories by means of tourism and spies. Hates other civs who have more spies or that are spying on her.

>German / Frederick Barbarossa
Mid-late domination victory. Hates civs that associate with other city states since he wants to conquer them for himself. His cities can build more districts beyond the population limit.

>Greek / Pericles
Early game cultural victory. Attempts to gain suzerainty over all city-states. Gains cultural bonuses from city states and unique buildings. Gains an extra slot for wild policy card regardless of government type.

>Indian / Gandhi
Faith-based victory. Pretty much Gandhi in other games.

>Japanese / Hojo Tokimune
Military-based, production-based domination victory. Similar to Cleo, he likes other strong military civs, but unlike Cleo, he only likes other military civs who are also strong in faith and culture. Absolutely hates military civs weak in faith.

>Kongolese / Mvemba a Nzinga
Faith-based, but can't found religions themselves, they like when other civs bring their religion to their civ. Focused on creating great artists and great merchants.

>Norwegian / Harald Hardrada
Naval militant domination victory.

>Roman / Trajan
Trade-based militant domination or diplomatic victory.

>Scythian / Tomyris
Militant-based, somewhat faith-based subtheme. Hates civs who declare a surprise war.

>Spanish / Philip II
Naval, faith-based, trade-based diplomatic victories.

>Sumerian / Gilgamesh
Early game militant domination victory. Gains bonuses for defeating barbarians but also for pillaging other civs.