I loved DQ8 and DQ5 and i bough DQ9,my friend said that it was an amazing game

and god,it's fucking awful,one of the worst and most souless RPG i've everplayed,
Even things like etrian oddysey has more soul than this game,and that game is awful,too.
Whatever,best site to resell this trash? i don't want this thing,i'm going to replay DQ8 right now,i hope DQ11 isn't awful like DQ9,but i'll probably be.

Yeah,DQIX is trash.
DQ went downhill since DQIX anyway,sell it in amazon,i don't think this trash is worth a damn,but there's people who like bad RPG's

>DQ went downhill since DQIX anyway
Not that you'd know since you didn't play any of the games.

But I like DQIX.
Granted I haven't played any other of the franchise.

DQIX is the best in the series. It's an upgraded version of DQIII

i honestly couldn't get into 9, but 4 and 5 were instant fun
maybe i should give it another chance

Yeah, having to create your own characters makes them very shallow, and they don't have motivations because they are just avatars. I guess if you are the kind that enjoys customization and gameplay beyond every semblance of story you'd love it.

I never really liked EO either.

Sounds like you just can't understand RPGs where you make your own characters instead of having to put up with shitty pre-written ones. Even though making your own characters enhances the game from a gameplay standpoint

9 was a lot of fun.
Classes were better, battles were better, pretty much the only downside was multiplayer needed a few tweaks and the story telling could have been better.

I like all DQ games. But this is a stupid statement. DQIX has nothing in common with Dragon Quest III except the ability to make characters. The class system is more like Dragon Quest VII and VIII. The plot barrows elements mostly from Dragon Quest IV and VII.

What is the best DQ game mechanically?

best post

This is the main reason DQIX esd do divisive.
That, and when you take out the story, it's much more obvious that the gameplay is shit. Fans of the first 8 only liked it for the characters and story

DQIX. The mechanics themselves are great. The problem is that the main game is so short and easy that you don't even need to reclass to beat it.

9 was fun though I wish you could have chose your starting class.

>Even things like etrian oddysey has more soul than this game,and that game is awful,too.

After playing 5 and 8, i was disappointed to find that 9 had empty mannequins for party members. I even dropped it the first time i played it. But i picked up again later and ended up enjoying it. It's not the strongest entry in the series, but if you're a hardcore DQ fan, it's worth playing.

Dragon Quest X. It took everything DQIX did and improved on it. Remember how in IX you watched characters run around on the battlefield and it never did anything? Well in DQX, you can move freely around the battlefield. And you can actually block spells/attacks with your body. And some skills have range.

But you'll never get to play it.

The gameplay is fine though. It's just short, devoid of real characters except an annoying fairy girl, and the whole experience is pretty bland compared to most of the earlier games. Which makes a lot of sense, given how 9 was basically the precursor to 10's MMO, but 10 had a way bigger budget backing it.

>barrows

DQ has average underwhelming generic fantasy stories anyway so who cares?

>Dragon Quest IV
>Dragon Quest V
>Dragon Quest VII
>Dragon Quest VIII
>generic fantasy

The charm of DQ's writing is in the characters personal stories and little interactions, not in the overarching plot.
DQIX was really lacking on that front.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that finds this annoying.

It's the thing i hated the most about Xenoblade Chronicles X, a custom character doesn't have any personality which just doesn't really mesh with JRPGs IMO. It's weird to see all these characters carry out conversation and your character just gestures noncommittally.

A really dumb criticism to make against a DQ, since the MC is always a silent blank slate.

how do i get the dlc to this game?

are you implying they don't?

>DQ went downhill since DQIX
There's only been one mainline DQ game since then dude and the spin offs weren't localized.

action replay. I belive the servers are down so thats your only option that I know of on ds and dsi. Make sure you get action replay dsi because it wont work on 3ds. For 3ds you need ome specifically for it.

Becarefull not to get crazy and start using the codes for stuff like more exp or all items because it can take the fun out of the game fast since you have nothing to work towards and everything is a cake walk.

This was a problem for me. Either you don't use your skills points at all in minstrel or you get useless stats/skills.

if he is playing on an emulator he can use the save editor for the game.

Damn, Etrian looks fucking boring if I have to go by your pic

Don't try to samefag when your English and general writing skills are so bad that it's immediately recognizable as you, OP

Except you can spend on Sword?

DQIX is great, what are you on about?

Sure the story is a bit bad, but the gameplay/mechanics ar better than any of the other DQ games.

I wasn't implying it. I was stating it.

I really hope they remake it. I'm not really sure what they can improve on besides updating the graphics and maybe balancing the jobs a bit more. Perhaps adding in more side stories too.

JUST

>Even things like etrian oddysey has more soul than this game,and that game is awful,too.

9 was the first one I'd ever played and I got it on a whim and ended up loving it. I put in over a hundred hours into it before moving on to the other entries.