Doom on nightmare is artificial difficulty

>doom on nightmare is artificial difficulty
Why haven't you finished Doom / Doom II on nightmare yet user? I thought you was good at first person shooters.

tfw doom did hitscan enemies right and every game has failed since

It's not really fun with the respawning enemies.

it means you have to think fast, move fast, plan your routes, play conservative and takes way more skill.
UV is way too easy and not challenging in the slightest

Cause I HATE respawning enemies with a passion. I remember as a kid always running around killing every gate caption in Dynasty warriors 2 before doing ANYTHING else. In Diablo I'd always kill those fallen spawnny guys.

this if i would play nightmare if it just had more enemies than uv

Just move faster.

UV with fast monsters is ok

>the game itself literally says "this difficulty isnt even remotely fair"
>implying this ISNT artificial difficulty

It isn't, because the monsters themselves are particularly hard to beat. But the volume that respawns add actually speeds the game.

Considering the fact that the game thinks UV is anything but piss easy I don't think you can take its word for anythingthat has to do with difficulty

>all attacks can be avoided and are telegraphed
>zero RNG
>aritificial difficulty
just kys

>Game has to give you double ammo pickups

this. it's why it's the best FPS of all time to this date

The old FPS' were not designed for you to play the hardest difficulty, those were added either as jokes or for speedrunning purposes.

Can you explain how Doom's hitscan works but, say, Duke's doesn't? Keep in mind Chaingunners are far more bullshit than the majority of classic fps enemies.

AFAIK doom's shotgun had some form of quasi-rng in damage output.
It wasn't "pure" rng, but i suck too hard at math and programming what that means or how that works.

>I'm so shit I have to make up excuses for not being able to play on nightmare

Chaingunners don't move when they fire. How are they bullshit?

Chaingunners are glass cannons. They have a very high capacity to kill you, but they're pretty easy to kill themselves.

Is it just me or is Doom 2's first level stupidly short compared to Doom 1? It's like the starting room, a U shaped corridor, then you're at the last room where a button is tucked behind a wall and the exit is also in the same large room.

Ultra-Violence is the proper difficulty to challenge yourself without the enemies outright respawning.

Doom has damage rng and stagger rng I think he just meant that UV doesn't add any new bullshit rng

UV with the fast monsters command is the true way to play.