Are the controls really suppose to be this bad or am I retarded?

Are the controls really suppose to be this bad or am I retarded?
Is there a way to "fix" them?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=mouse look fix system shock
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There is a mouse look fix, think of it like a dungeon crawler rather than a FPS

The controls are pretty standard FPS, dude? What's the problem?

I too was intimidated by the look of this game, but once I jumped into it I was surprised to see it's pretty normal for looking as weird as it does.

They're that bad. Movement is just bad in System Shock.

For SS1 just install the mouse look and you can at least get a decent turning speed, though it makes the game so fucking easy.

Ah, maybe it was because I played the Enhanced Edition. Play that one OP.

Link?
I just can't stand the mouse look. Even Daggerfall had an option to fix it. It is just so damn annoying to stop what I am doing to look up and down.

Just play the Enhanced Edition that's on Steam and GOG. It's exactly the same as the original but it runs natively without DOSBox and it has all the mouselook shit already supported. It can do higher resolutions too

But If you're intent on emulating with DOSBox then get "System Shock Portable"

Just buy/download the Enhanced Edition that Nightdive put out last year on GOG.

Are you playing with the mouselook patch?
If so, then yes user you might be retarded.

lmgtfy.com/?q=mouse look fix system shock

Just play System Shock 2

It's just the way games were made back then

Not even SS1 Enhanced Edition fixes the controls. The best you can do is put yourself in the mindset of the time.

This is not correct.

The Enhanced Edition on steam is the same one right? Because that is the one I am currently using.

Then you're lost, cause that game plays like a regular first-person game with slippier movement.

I have SS:EE on PC and the controls are garbage

Not they aren't. It's like WASD, Q and E for lean, a use button, a reload button, click to shoot and interact and a button to go into UI mode or you can just use the keybindings or even rebind.

What's the problem?

default controls are perfectly fine as long as you aren't a complete retard
>b-but it's not identical to muh point and shoot ego stroking simulators

No it doesn't there is no option to change the controls on the version I have besides mouse sensitivity.

The second game has one of the worst control schemes I've ever used. Had to rebind practically everything.

are you talking about SS2?

I WANT TOFUCK SHODAN

No, but lean is not Q and E actually. It's all pretty typical outside of the stand > crouch > prone keys.

This.

As others have said, you can use mouselook, but I had a lot of fun with the default controls once I got used to them. Likewise, another user suggested treating the game like a dungeon-crawling RPG as opposed to a FPS. The labyrinthine maps and the way you can cheese enemies from any distance sort of encourages this. Or maybe even a point-and-click, with how the interface works.

If you lean from around corners, I believe the chance of an enemy hitting you drops by half, if not more. Use that to your advantage.

SS1 has a really unique sense of pacing about it with the default controls that's totally unlike any FPS I've played.

you press E to enable mouselook

And make sure you're actually playing the Enhanced edition, since on Steam it also comes with "System Shock Classic" which is just the original game running in DOSBox without any mouselook mods

And read the fucking manual that came with the game

thank you.

how stupid do you faggots feel to know that the entire game can be beaten and every function performed with just a 2 button mouse no keyboard input at all while you struggle with the default control scheme
this post millennial generation is a fucking joke

Tell me the cover of this game didn't look weird as fuck.

that's the cover
the jap version was the only different one i think

Believe it or not, using a Steam controller actually fix the control scheme for me. There are shortcuts with retarded key combinations (I think reload was like ALT+Backspace or some shit like that). Mapping all this shit out to a Steam controller made the game so much better to play.

The controls are perfect. Sorry OP, you're actually retarded.

Im still having trouble figuring out what it is

it's an elite cyborg

I really do hate the default turning speed.