Dragon quest vii

>how far in are you?
>what's your party?
>who is best girl?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Mw77b-RsDMQ?t=389
siliconera.com/2016/09/18/dragon-quest-viii-3ds-will-feature-voice-acting-not-orchestrated-music/
youtube.com/watch?v=FePJs7v_aGo
fanfiction.net/s/10519454/1/The-Truth-Behind-The-Seal
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I finished up the last blue island in the present. Might try to get more healslime hearts

Probably going to go MC/Ruff/Mariel and Mervyn for the final party. Shame we dont have a wagon.

So what do I gotta do to get Prof. Wade's nice hat back?

Post game dungeon is long as fuck, sheesh. Gonna grind up classes before I go back through to fight the boss there again.

>Got Maribel back
>Want to go grind up her Luminary and Healslime levels and farm gem slimes for cash to buy everyone new gear
>Can't access the Haven for a while

I got the Seal of Sands and talked to everyone in the desert town, and now I'm at the Nihil Banks. What do I do now? Party chat says that we need to find the Serpent, but I don't know how to advance the plot from here.

>>how far in are you?
Nihil Banks
>>what's your party?
>Warrior Hero
>Priest Ruff
>Mage Maribel
not sure where to go after these are mastered, but I'll probably turn Ruff into either a Shepherd or a Thief for Monster Masher
>>who is best girl?
Sofia, obviously

Is post game dungeon a new addition in the remake or was there also one in the original version?

What's Euphonia's Japanese name? I need to search for her.

Scientific reasons, of course.

fosse

If you were the MC where would you choose to live out your days after the end, past or present?
And would you take any party members with you?
>hard mode: no Estard Isle

It was in the original. There's a special superboss at the end.

Need to max out everyone's final vocations (especially Maribel) before I go over to do that shit for real though. I just took the shortcut out instead of fighting that first time through.

That's the loli priest.

>Not living out the rest of your days on the high seas with a fine wench at your side
Fucking landlubbers

remember the dig site where the guy was selling a gold skull for 10 gold

Beaten
Hero Hero (might want to change back to godhand), Pirate Ruff (later a Hero, or maybe monster class), Godhand Aishe, Sage Mervyn (soon Druid)
Euphonia, definitely. Maribel can go fuck herself. If there was any point to bringing back all the islands it was to find an eligible bachelorette other than Maribel or her maid, and heck, now Mayor Mayde doesn't have to desperately hope that I marry Maribel, there's tons of men out there for her, or maybe she won't marry and just give her dad another heart attack by riding the cock carousel, I mean that's the only real adventure left now that the world is at peace. But yeah, Euphonia is the best, only princess to give me a boner.

what the hell does style do?

Still just got the flying stone thing.

I'm pretty close to the end, ain't I?

>google her
>literally nothing
who the fuck are you talking about

Style Contest and Luminary's passive chance to stun enemies by being so fucking stylish

What are the levels for the dungeons in terms of vocation grinding? I know Slime is 20 and Drake is 25, but what are the others?

It is used to win the style contest for prizes, and it increases your Luminary's chance to stun an opponent. The rockbomb's ability might also use style, I don't know.

the queen of the music town

Oh fucking christ I finally mastered Prism Peacock on Ruff. What Monster class should I go for next? I've also mastered Jawtoise on him. The hearts I have available are
>Slime, Kingfuchsia, Chimera, Rockbomb, Lips, Mimic, Berserker, Notso Macho, Drake Slime, Draguar, Golem
Or I can go make a tablet for some other monster real quick.

No one has the list yet. Just experiment.

Some user said evil vial is 31.

>where are you at
Hubble, basically found out the prince who became king is a dick and obsessed with war, need to make things right.
>party
Hero, maribel, ruff, and mervyn. I like them a lot, probably won't really use aishe outside of sections you must.
>best girl
I use to think Alena but I don't know, DQ girls are to good.

It's from Putric Stinkenheimer, the zombie dude you fight in the present Alltrades island, so you have to go back to the gang's hideout to get the cap back.

Check the Wisdom rankings and see who's #1 now and go find him

I don't really know what am I suppose to do. I think I might have to look for the other fragment tablets for the Almighty but I'm missing 3 of them. Like I got the two at the present Buccanham but the 3 others fragments seems to cause me trouble. I'm missing 2 mini medals to 65 for King Maximo. Otherwise I don't know how to advance in the story.

I've been grinding for 8 hours now after Alltrades, I should get back to the game.

Currently have Hero as Champ, Maribel as Druid and Ruff as Monster Masher

Ruff is the best girl.

Out of curiosity, was there supposed to be some way the game reminded you who the fuck Putric was? He's not particularly memorable and none of the NPCs seemed to give any indication where he was. I only found it out when I looked through the beast book as a crapshoot and remembered the boss fight

Well his name is pretty fucking stupid. And NPCs in Wetlock mention some smelly guy skulking around Prof Wade's house. I remembered him without looking anything up.

w-what the fuck
you did actually grind for 8 hours immediately after getting vocations, r-right?

Maybe he's Japanese.

Oh, I also have a Malevolantern heart
Hm actually I think I'll go farm up a few other monster hearts first, anyone remember where Serial Quillers spawn in the past?

Yes, I went into the slime tablet, got three jobs maxed, warped to Alltrades, sold Slime Hearts (I'm currently at 88k) and warped back to Haven. I've maxed a class or two a day sine university is keeping me busy, and I'm finally ready to get back into the game.

I'm done grinding, by the way, I just wanted to unlock some upper level vocations to try out. Champion class looks super cool.

doing the side thing in greenthumb where she poisons the food. the maid is trying to find out but she cant snoop anymore. what do I do now?

Maximos is for postgame

Where's the priest Mercuria mention about? I forget which town had an enormous spirit statue.

>how far in are you?
Just finished up Providence

>what's your party?
currently in process of mastering all basic vocations but I'm looking at the Hero being a Hero, Maribel as Fluid Druid, Ruff as Monster Masher, and Mervyn as Armamentalist

>who is best girl?
Bianca

Serial quillers are in the tower where old man florin took the villagers to, I think.

so if Maximo is for post-game. What am I suppose to do now? I'm completely clueless.

tfw I did the same

You know there's a "search next fragment" button, right?

Need help, in hubble. I trekked through this water themed cave and when I got there a gnome told me the wizard place is not here, there's a waterfall blocking the path. I don't know if he's telling the truth or not, do I leave or do I need to do a story trigger first?

So there's two ways to unlock Hero class, right? 3 intermediate classes or 2 intermediate and 1 advanced?

Yeah your real close user.

They're essentially the same way. Just master three non-monster classes higher than basic

Can Pirates and Thieves steal Monster Hearts? Or is my best bet just abusing the apparently higher droprate of hearts in tablets?

>Recruit drake slime

>Not showing up at the meadows in the barn menu

The fuck. I just want to make a barn so i can recruit 3 drake slimes to make a drakeslime tablet

Yes to both

yeah but I don't know where the Pool of Piety is and I can't get the two remaining mini-medals for the fragment at Maximo's Castle. The other is at a shrine north of Wetlock but I haven't been able to get access to it either.

I had the same problem with Serial Quillers. Not sure what's up.

I needed a Gripevine and Goodybag heart too though so I just made a dungeon with all three.

Holy shit Cred Forums. Do any of y'all know the bonus dungeon in DQ4 DS? It was really long as has a ton of different environments? Well the lava part of that dungeon has parts from the dungeon before the fire spirit. I recognized the place as soon as I got there. I wonder if the other parts of that dungeon are from the other spirit dungeons.

My one friend says it's just "Dragon", not "Green Dragon". Is he correct? Or is just "Dragon" outdated?

Please

I still call everything by their DWM names. Metabble is better than Liquid Metal Slime.

Pool of Piety is east of Robot Island.

>how far in are you?
Very far, probably near the end of the game by now. I'm restoring the four spirits.
>what's your party?
Currently:
Paladin MC
Hero Ruff
Gladiator Aishe
Dancer Maribel (She's so behind due to her leaving for a long time it's not even funny, but I want to use her. Dumping Aishe for Mervyn when I can.)
And Sage Mervyn, though he's currently not in my party for story reasons. I miss him already.
>who is best girl?
Maribel, obviously.

You have to talk to the mayor dude in the building at monster meadows for fresh recruits to appear.

It's just the old localization. In Japanese, he's called Dragon.

The fuck

He's telling the truth talk to him and his wife and then him again and he'll tell you to spend the night

> he hasnt been to the sky shrines yet

Wew

When i had 3 thieves i was noticing i got a lot of axes and hearts

>mfw im only drakslime away from platslime on gabo

The pain

Hm, might be worth making everyone Pirates/Thieves while I'm trying to get Hearts from low level monsters then.

go into dills house talk to dill and then try to enter the mayors house

she should come out and drop something, if not try talking to every NPC and trying again. it's a weird trigger

I had a fuckton of axes and in 10 minutes i suddenly had 5 automaton hearts

His wife asks me to stay the night, I tried talking to him after saying both yes and no and he just told me again the conjuratorium isn't here.

I'm 75% sure the drop rate is only increased when you are past a certain level for each monster

was grinding and only noticed a higher drop rate after my weakest member leveled up. might just be anecdotal

Sounds like a plan then
Gonna go finish exploring the final dungeon shit I missed while I level up Serial Quiller, I heard mastering that and Jawtoise starts unlocking some shit.

>tfw no good tablet shares, people just sending me ingame immigrant ones

Real worried that it's because I'm stuck in an Australian server full of casuals and no one else is even close to nottagen or even going to dabble in multiplayer content. I just want to level up my town senpai

Uh did you go to the conjuratorium and get the mission for the startstone?

Ruff is a boy. Do not bully.

I'm trying to get to the conjuratorium.

Go east dumbass.

Did you not see the giant ass palace made of marble?

you could see it from hubble

Once I finish VII, I am storing it away never to see the light of day again. Wilted Heart past throws a whole new layer shit the player.

Last thing I did to advance the plot was get Mervyn.

MC - Hero
Ruff - Hero
Maribel - Hero
Mervyn - Hero

Ruff is otherkin

>champion has pretty cool armor
>"hey what if we take this pretty cool design and make it look stupid as fuck by adding pointless cloth in the back"
Anyone else annoyed by this?

Pls no.

epic XD

Thought it was West, fuck. At least I had Mervyn mastet a class on the way there.

It's a Japanese thing

There's a thing with gods having cloth kind of floating behind them in japan making a ring.

Its supposed to represent enlightenment

I am Ruff kin and ask you delete this.

He's transspecies you shitlord

>how far in are you?
Just finished present day El Ciclo.
>what's your party?
Priest MC trying to get zing since i just learned Maribel is gonna leave
Troubadour Maribel
Drake Slime Ruff
>who is best girl?
The wolf.

No. I like it. It adds a godly appearance to the character. Makes sense when you look at the description of the class and the former name (Godhand).

Actually didn't know this, I forgive it more now. I didn't realize it had actually meaning, thought it was just a pointless detail. Still don't really like it but it makes sense. Thanks.
Fair enough, maybe if I knew that beforehand I would agree.

>trying to get serial quiller hearts
>only get jawstoise and dumbira from the dungeon

Fucking thieves not doing their job.

>go to wetlock tower present
>of fucking course the gates are locked again
>get slime to join party
>sit through party member join thing
>return to 1st floor
>rubble on two sides, wall on another so have to leave
>come in from another entrance
>slime says welcome back
>have to sit through party member join thing again
I wish I could hate the designers of this game bald.

I had a similar problem getting goodybag hearts.

It was even more infuriating because they'd summon healslimes and then I would get healslime hearts every time

> playing shit relocalized by Treehouse

turn the sound on you retard

No it looks fucking awesome.

>not drinking bleach
its delicious. taste like soda.

NO

DRINK THE BLEACH

kys

Reccomended monster hearts for Ruff? So far I have mastered heal slime, jawtoise, and berserker for him.

>get the serpent's skull from the present
>take it to the past
>everyone thinks its dead
why didn't hero just tell them the truth?

>Treehouse
uh, Don't you mean Plus Alpha, the people who've been localizing DQs since VIII?

>Berserker

For what?

Treehouse and Nintendo had nothing to do with the localization process. Adult Swim is shit. Keep drinking that bleach.

how do monster hearts work?

What does that have to do with anything?

Permanent skills. Really only useful for putting things like Gigaslash, Kazing, Multi/Omniheal and such on classes that don't get them.

They must be in your character's inventory to have the character use them. They are similar to the basic vocations in that you keep the skills learned from the permanently.

I know it's an unpopular opinion, especially here, but I've always liked the accents that seem to show up in Square Soft/Enix's text-based RPGs. Chrono Cross had it in spades and I loved it.

>Adult Swim is shit.
more like Metalocalypse is shit, a lot of Adult Swim shows and some anime they air are great

Is having one character as a Platking and spamming forbearance with them a valid strategy?

Some monster classes you can unlock like Esterk at Platinum King are fucking fantastic in their own right.

When I can only declare three shows out of 15 years of programming to be good, one of them being repeats of a FOX show, that's pretty damn bad.

>dubbed anime
Even worse. Adult Swim literally caters to hicks and blacks who never leave their house except to get drugs and beer.

I'm still triggered from IV. That game gave me PTSD with how shitty the DS version was.

Not that guy but I think Berserker gets Multislice

Pls no remake user

>Desperate attack!
Try it :^)

That's the version of the game that got me into the series

I dig the accents and your example isn't shitty

Good thing that's the worst one, but why make it the first one ffs

My example is incredibly shitty. Also, no party chat. Just because you were too naive to notice the flaws doesn't make it okay.

Wait fuck, how many mini medals do I have to give to King Maximo to get the fragment?
I reached 68, but it's still not enough?

Fairly sure its 85 for the postgame dungeon.

wtf is a bairns

Children

Children in Scottish from what I gather

fuck that's a lot I'm missing and I had the habit of always trying to open any chests I could in every towns I've visited.

>fuck that's a lot I'm missing
>115 medals
>10 permanently missable
>110 needed for final reward
You're not fucked for the the fragment, at the very least.

what's the final reward?

Where can I find liquid metal slimes again? I forgot.

Also is there an ability that can male recruiting monsters easier?

I really want to make a LMS dungeon for easy money.

Platinum King Heart
But you can get that through other means.

Platinum King Heart

None of the rewards beyond 85 are really worth it.

User made tablets don't have a level cap for grindan right? I need to prepare myself for the extra boss.

I started out with IV on the DS with no prior knowledge. I still feel cheated, but oh well.

>Also is there an ability that can male recruiting monsters easier?
Monster Masher class gets the Animal Magnetism ability, which helps to differing degrees.

>fighting vs cumulux vex
>takes out Meryvn
>waste two turns healing and then finally getting a successful res
>cumulux vex kills meryvn again
>waste another two turns healing and getting a res
>cumulux kills him again

you mother fucker

so when do I gain the ability to make my own tablets? I've done nottagen in its entirety. also where do I find more monster meadow enclosures? only got grassland/graveyard so far.

Is the game supposed to be this easy after getting vocations? I'm just entering the pyramid now, but I haven't had any issues in the slightest since the four thieves. Even then, I was able to beat them on the second try.

Which town has the worst translation/accent and why is it the town with the flying carpet

"Zat Talks like zis, avec une accente francais, with how you zay a frenzh aczent?"

Omelette du fromage

German town. And then all the people their died off and got replaced by immigrants. Coincidence?

The feels in the stone village were completely undercut by the ludicrous German accents.

If you've been to monster meadows in the present just talk to the old guy now

All these awful accents almost make me wanna learn another language.
Like what accents does the French version have?
What is le carpet land in the French version?
Do they have some town filled with godawful American accents but in French?

>get Maribel back after a long time of not having her
>she is woefully behind to the point that she's only good for multiheal
>have to grind vocations on her to get her up to speed
>can't do this without grinding everyone else at the same time

Damn it, game. It's your fault for taking her away from me for so long. I don't care if I trivialize the rest of the playthrough trying to catch her up.

>grinding on Metal Slime Knight
>Mervyn is only level 22 while everyone else is 30
>Metal Slime Knights keep specifically targeting Mervyn

You're 80% done the game already, noting wrong with assraping the final boss with your final classes

I accidentally fucking walked into the final boss with nothing near my final shit and decided to wing it anyways.

did that, talked to each person there multiple times. old guy in the first room is like "I have no place to put your monsters please send me more" and the old guy in the other room is like "you don't have any tablets of your own to share". really stumped here cause I've caught a lot of monsters over the course of the game and the only tablets I can share are generic ones the game gives you.

Get some Enclosure Plans and bring them there, talk to the guy in the fancy outfit

That far? Alright, I guess I don't care too much then. This game seemed to be going for a long time anyway, so I suppose it makes sense that I'm 80% done.

>follow the path around the statues-one for each step on the way of virtue
Help

Should I bother farming money for the armor and weapons they sell at the ship?

Are those good until postgame?

did you click find tablet

Not him, but where do you get Enclosure Plan again?

go to inventory and activate the seal of sand in front of the plaque that reads it

they're pretty good
grind on gemslimes
get three of them to go to your monster meadows and just make a tablet filled with them
the tablet still spawns some of the other enemies from the volcano, but you'll fight a lot more gem slimes

If you weren't a dumb child, but instead had a healthy curiousity and a rudimentary understanding of how Google works, maybe you could have taught yourself something interesting. Instead, you grew sour at the sight of fantasy cloth and had to stay sour until you had the rare chance to be schooled by hidden strangers on Cred Forums, who had done the smarter thing and found out the facts for themselves.

Thus, you have chosen to forfeit where you might have achieved - and I'm sure it's neither the first nor the last time you make this choice.

>town has a magic carpet
>AND RIDICULOUS FRENCH ACCENTS
What the fuck, how do they decide this shit?

Anyone know if the game is selling well?

my only problem is when they say shit in a foreign language and then repeat it again in english. And then add some spanglish in there anyways

>¡Esto es divertido! This is fun! Who would have thought I'd enjoy this muy importante event?

To be fair thats a big fucking problem.

I only recall that for the Spanish and French speaking areas so far

French is more annoying because zey do zis shit when speaking ze english

Hopefully not. The less people introduced to DQ via this game, the better it is for the series overall.

If this game doesn't sell well, I think that'll pretty much seal the fate of the DQ series in the west.

you know what's better for the series over all?

GETTING MORE GAMES LOCALIZED

Is that you, /vr/ remake autist?

pls fuck off

You don't remember the shitty ACHTUNG German town?

French town is definitely the worst though.

I like that Grondal has everyone speaking with Umlaut just because

even the dog

>Bjäff bjäff!

I can understand making some declarations in your native language like NIET or DIOS MIO but the first thing you say shouldn't be a foreign language just be translated anyways

Its sold out most places and on back order on Amazon. So I'd say yes.

Idiot.

DQ4/5/6/Joker/Joker2 bombed. Heroes bombed. 7 & 8 were announced less than a month after Heroes came out. Then Builders and Heroes 2 were confirmed for localization. This isn't the Wii. Don't believe in publisher conspired "tests".

Never played the PS1 original.

>Its sold out most places
low print run ala IV and V and Joker 2

>and on back order on Amazon.
>amazon
>nintendo products
lol.

>Heroes 2
It was?

How the fuck did DQ5 bomb, wasn't it a pretty sought after game? I thought they just didn't ship too many copies at the start.

>wrecks my shit first two times
>spend an hour grinding up classes
>go back and beat him easily since he never used thin air

it wasn't but most Omega Force game's are released to the west so many he's going off that.

maybe*

I need Joker 3

did they confirm if the MC for Joker 3 was the one from Joker 1 grown up?

>they already announced a Professional version of Joker 3

FUCK. Maybe they'll wait and just give us the Professional version like Capcom waited to give us MH4U instead of just giving is 4 after japan got 4G

>Yakuza 0 localization announced literally days before Yakuza 5 had been released and sold even a single copy
different company but people really need to stop fuckin falling for these scare tactics

I didn't like Heroes

I feel like they either should have gone full OC or full Crossover and not halfway in between

Also no DQV hero with a staff no buy

I wasn't a big fan either because it felt like a musou but didn't really play like one.

if I recall Heroes 2 will be actually kind of open world and I think will rely less on tower defense shit but I know monster medals are still a thing.

I think the boy and girl actually play differently. I used aurora in heroes simply because she wasn't a gay nerd and her high tension look was great.

That's because it was basically Koei dusting off Mystic Heroes' gameplay more than it was a Musou.

The second game does look much better though, more stages that look like actual levels like the later half of the game (and all of Mystic Heroes) more than tower defense.

Where do I find gemslimes again?

>the tablet still spawns some of the other enemies from the volcano

Where is the cave to yet another world?

I meed to recruit the last reformed monster?

Grondal at the endgame

>low print run ala IV and V and Joker 2
But unlike DQIV, V and Joker 2, it sold out in less than a week. Also, nice source proving you know exactly how many copies were printed.

>amazon
>nintendo products
What's your point? They sold the game. Hundreds of people on Cred Forums alone got it from there (and complained that it came late).

>trying to awaken the Wind Spirit, hundred and seven hours clocked
>Hero Hero, Luminary Maribel, Hero Ruff, Hero Aishe
>Maribel feels like the heart of the party

>hundreds
Kek. Not even a dozen.

Does the prayer ring have a chance of breaking, like in III?

>Maribel
>not dead
>still in the main party
what is wrong with you

There are 43 people who posted in this thread, user.

Yep. Always does.
>Tfw I didn't use any of my Prayer Rings a single time

You have a lot of definitive statements, but no proof. Sounds a lot like a troll who's been posting in these threads for the last two weeks...

I got my copy from Gamestop day one. Fuck Amazon.

Heroes 2 seems more like an action RPG with some musou thrown in.

Seems like they might have thrown out the tower defense thing altogether as monster medals are used to transform into that monster for a while.

The 2 heroes at least can equip more than one weapon type.

Also it looks like Maribel is using Boomerangs which I find funny when she can't even use them technically.

Also maribel uses this as her Musou minus the Magma Staff. And without Melvin bailing her out

They're my only four options at the moment. I'd like to keep using her anyways, but she's like ten levels behind, so when I get Mervyn back I'll probably bench her.

no reason not to unless you reaaaally like Maribel. Melvin is better at magic than her

Do the smart thing and ditch Ruff

You guys are so lame

I can't make up my mind whether or not to get this.

>Not ditching Aishe the first chance you get

That's the arcade game.

I know that. But she uses the same move pretty much. Instead of slamming the magma staff she slams a fire orb into the ground.

youtu.be/Mw77b-RsDMQ?t=389

>Heroes 2 seems more like an action RPG with some musou thrown in.
Already sounds like a great improvement.

That's what I want to do if Maribel catches up in levels before Mervyn comes back.

That spin jump though.

Also, does anyone else have unique animations for skills other than Aishe's Sword Dance?

>Wii
Remember DQ SWORDS?

>ditch the fastest character in the party
no.

Why aren't any of the DQ games on the virtual console!?

DQ swords would be really fun as an actual arcade game instead of me doing this shit on a Wii U.

do people really not like her?

damn, she was my favorite when the original came out. then again she's pretty much my favorite type of character/design (deborah for example).

Also bugs me since i don't have this game yet and was wondering who the hell was Aishe

She's hot but she's got the personality of a wooden plank, and you've already got three competent physical attackers available that join way earlier and for way less abrupt reasons.

I think in terms of relevancy she's, well, the last relevant.

Most fanart you see is of course Maribel. Aishe has pretty much nothing.

hell, even in terms of referencing she's kind of the literally who.

Ah yeah I understand for those reasons, it always bugs me when we get a character late into the story and such.

I guess I'm okay with having a waifu that isn't that popular.

What the hell is going on here?

It's called logic. As said, dq threads on Cred Forums has 40ish posters in average. With rampant 3ds piracy on Cred Forums, we can assume at least half of them are pirates. But let's decrease the number of pirates by half because some people have said to support DQ series even if they're pirates. That leaves only 30ish people, and by looking at the discussion on the threads so far, most of them were getting the game early by buying at stores near their home. Even if I'm being generous, that would still leaves 15 or maybe 20 tops. You can check the archives yourself and count how many the complain posts about amazon are.

Finishing move from some japan-onry arcade game

Melvin using Lambpede

DQ Swords would have been great if it got a sequel with WiiMotion Plus. Its really the only game on the Wii that needed it.

She's basically girl kiefer.

They give you her instead of just, I dunno, giving you Kiefer back. It's not like Kiefer can't go off to save the world with his friends before going back in time to resume fucking bitches.

i'll have to admit, i was sad about losing kiefer in the original game

>She's basically girl kiefer.
But Kiefer had a personality though

Damn that looks cool. Sad to see no DQII love, though.

>random bias guesses
>It's called logic

The only thing that can be proven is that the game sold out. Which you discounted with no solid reasoning. Now you're making tons of bogus estimates about a bogus statement you made earlier. Nice deflection work, but it proves nothing.

Even with all the rampant piracy, and a high or low print count, DQVII sold out. So its done better than SE and Nintendo expected.

will the game run better on my non-gaming laptop?
Dynasty Warrior 8 Legends runs fine and steady at 720p
but I can't even get above 20fps at 800x600 in Dragon Quest Heroes

Square-Enix did it, dingus. They're the ones that choose to have all the ridiculous accents in text.

I heard Heroes ran kind of crappy on PC

>natural born quiller

I'll admit, I chuckled
I didn't expect them to make that reference

It does indeed. It by no means runs great on PS4 either, but it runs smoother for whatever reason.

I just finished reviving all the spirits at level 35. Am I overlevelled?

What level should I fight the final boss at?

>Jackie of Alltrades Abbey
>Master of Nu'un

where is this king scoober fella

40ish or below probably

My party was like 33-37

Near Ballymalloy and Estard at endgame

>Jackie of Alltrades Abbey

Oh shit I didn't realize that one

mild kek

I don't get it.

Is there a catch to Hatchet Man? It seems like it would be broken.

That's why its bad.

Misses a lot
Crits in DQ just ignore armor but you can get more damage with other skills against enemies that aren't metal.

really? jack of all trades and a master of none. or are you not an english fag?

Regarding Kiefer I'm surprised nobody said a word in the party chat when we saw his grave. I was expecting a reaction at lest from Maribel.

>there's some NPC that wonders whether she might be a 100 year old due to her maturity
>go back to the present, expecting another loli
>nope, legit old guy priest

disappointing

go to bed, Gabo

>The only thing that can be proven is that the game sold out.

I agree.
Now how about you prove that hundreds of the amazon's orders are from Cred Forums alone.
You were calling out others making statements with no proof and yet you yourself were pulling numbers out of your ass.

Monster immigrants, no less.

Because party chat in 7 is hugely nerfed from what it was in 6.

did I miss some party chat with Ruff sharing my disappointment?

What for? You already have Knuckle Sandwich for bosses and Thin Air for mobs.

And anything multi is bad since Oomph only boosted the first attack.

>Now how about you prove that hundreds of the amazon's orders are from Cred Forums alone.
After you prove your bogus claims. See, if you're now going to take that stance, I'll just point out that you pulled things out of your ass first. And therefore you are required to prove your ridiculous claims first.

Ruff always says in the party chat that if we want to change class, he'll go to Jacqueline first.

berserker also gets Flame Slash, and I'd rather take a reliable *1.5 DMG than an unreliable *2 DMG

They probably don't know it's his.

>Flame Slash

What's the difference between that and Gust Slash and the other Slashes attacks? Is it the only one with that damage multiplier?

Jacqueline is such a terrible name for her.

they're elemental, so Flame slash does more damage to those weak to fire, obviously.

How's the sales for this doing?

I just tried the DQ Builders demo and I'm totally charmed by the game despite never playing minecraft before.

I just want good things for this series.

I have good luck with Knuckle Sandwich and they're non-elemental so they're better for me.

With Oomph, Multislice/Multifist and Knuckle Sandwich do roughly the same amount of damage, only difference is the Multi- moves get spread out if there's more than just the boss on the field.

apparently really good. Sold at least 700K units in japan by May (it was out in January)

not sure about how well it'll do in the US because i'm sure it'll just be compared (justifiably) to minecraft

Sorry, i meant the DQ7 release, but glad to hear DQ builders did well for japan at least

We probably will never know beyond estimated sales on sites like VGchartz. SquareEnix doesn't release sales data, even to shareholders. Just raw profit data. For example, they haven't released sales or sub data for any of their MMOs. Just profit totals. And even then, they combine the profit for FFXI, FFXIV and DQX all as a lump sum, not showing how they're doing individually.

About the best we can say is that DQVII sold out at launch. And unless DQ Builders sells out, we won't know how well it did. And even then, all the Vita sales are digital, so we still won't know.

If you read this, the love of your life will be NTR'd by Kiefer.

Kiefer isn't that kind of guy though, why do you make posts like this?

>the love of your life will be NTR'd by Kiefer

I'm down to get fucked in the ass if we can watch Master and Commander afterward.

I was cucked by a guy who's uglier than me. Does that count?

He definitely is. He is the type of guy that falls in love, tries to make a good impression on her, drops an Adventure HE started to begin with, drops his friends like sacks of shit, fucks the girls on top ruining an already settled love story and finally breaks the heart of his family on his hometown.

Pretty sure Kief is too busy for that.

>runs away from his 'destiny' to be king
>his descendant is stuck in her destiny to be a dancer

poetry

When can I start using monster hearts to get their classes? And sre there any human classes not worth the time?

Haven't played any of the Dragon's Quest games before.

Are they actually good games or just nostalgiabait?

>managed to recruit a platinum king slime within a few tries without even using animal magnetism
Oh, God. It feels so good.

VII is the first one I played and it's pretty good. It's a classic jrpg with a tons of dialogues. Don't expect a balls on wall hard game though.

Yes. Its one of the few series out there (or maybe the only series) where every game is good or better.

You have to play the games to develop nostalgia for them. But they pretty much are the master at nostalgia. And as many people have reported, they would get into the series and play them back to back and still feel the same sensation of nostalgia that long time fans report. This is why the series is well known for being appealing to people of all ages. Even people who got into the series at he age of 60 still like them 30 years later.

Poor grandma died before she could play Dragon Quest XI.

They're great and always fun. Dragon Quest 8 imo is the best JRPG of all time, so I'd say wait for the 3DS release of that for the best first impression of the series.

You assholes shit on DQII every chance you get, even though I liked that one.

V is the best for story, and VIII feels the most modern, and still looks great more than 10 years later.

I mainly play them because there's a shitload of r34 out there, and I like to know who I'm beating off to. Context enhances it, for whatever reason.

What claim? I've already explained how it's impossible to have hundreds of orders from Cred Forums using the fact that the daily threads are only frequented by 40 people; and yet you dismissed it. But that's fine. Now is your turn to prove where you got the number from. And no 'NO U' this time.

I'm skeptical about DQ8's remake

>obvious graphical downgrade
>no orchestrated soundtrack
>Red and Morrie seem kind of tacked on
>everyone gets an outfit but Jessica gets even more on top of what she had
>Marry Jessica ending

I've contacted japanese moot and he's given me the data regarding this. There are over 400 posters viewing DQ threads on average

There is orchestrated music, though.

not in the US. they confirmed voice acting yes, orchestrated soundtrack no.

siliconera.com/2016/09/18/dragon-quest-viii-3ds-will-feature-voice-acting-not-orchestrated-music/

For a game with so much grinding it sure penalizes you hard for grinding before you get to Alltrades Abbey. Not being able to level vocations sucks. What's the point of vocation leveling level caps anyway? Let me kill a billion slimes if I want to.

Then why would I buy this

>You assholes
Are you implying all of us are the same person?

I never said I hated DQII for the record. I specifically said all the DQ games are good or better.

shrug

I do know that alchemy is instant now so that's a thing. And because it is, the option for an upgraded alchemy pot in the post-game dungeon was replaced with another dungeon

The game uses synth versions of the Symphonic Suite. Just like the recently released Dragon Quest VII does. And most people who play DQVII can tell you, the music is fine.

Yeah, but the orchestral versions would be better if they looped properly.

There's also the issue of DQVII 3DS being a far better game than the PS1 version, where DQVIII isn't really getting much.

And DQVIII's symphonic soundtrack is a flat downgrade from the beautiful orchestral score. This completely killed my interest in the game.

wasn't this game released 16 years ago?
why would you play it now?

the orchestra loops fine

it's a shit meme created by that one dude who's shitposting in here constantly. the only song that "doesn't loop" right is this one, and it's not even that fucking bad

youtube.com/watch?v=FePJs7v_aGo

>get to the juggling boss dude on the island where everyone is an animal
>get absolutely destroyed

Do I need to grind more, or am I doing something wrong? My entire party is level 7

So I can't make my own tablets till way late in the game, right? So I have to wait till then to share and get new ones online, as well?

Dazzle works on him

I reached nottagen at like 40hrs

>where DQVIII isn't really getting much.
Its getting a ton.

-New Alchemy recipes
-New Gear
-Two New playable characters
-Option to marry Jessica
-New story arcs for Medea, Marcello, Red and others
-More monsters to recruit
-Skill points have been tweaked
-New post game content

when do I get to confess my love to maribel

Buy new armor/weapons, put medicinal herbs on all characters empty slots and use them in battle for characters who have no healing abilities, use sap and buff correctly, use seeds on your characters, reserve your MP for boss battles.

If all of these fail, then you should grind a little.

I don't give a damn about any of that tacked on garbage if the main things that drew me into the game's world (the beautiful music and wonderful visuals) have been given a big downgrade.

I've been going through VIII recently, but on-map encounters alone is enough to sell me on the remake. It will make the world map so much better.

All right, then don't buy it. I'm just correcting your claim that its not getting much new content, which it is.

But DQVIII has the lowest encounter rate I've ever seen in a JRPG. I can understand people not wanting to replay something like Final Fantasy IV or Pokemon Red/Blue because of the encounter rate, but it makes no sense for DQVIII. You can run 30-40 steps before hitting a battle.

And if Dragon Quest VII is anything to go by, on field encounters will actually be much higher and unavoidable in many places. While in DQVIII, you could use skills and items to avoid battles.

Just got the sky stone ship.
Mc is going through champion right now
Ruff is almost done with martial artist. Switch him to prism bird later.
Melvin is a sage soon to be champion.
Ashe is finishing up luminary.

>best girl
Pollock is best

So when do I unlock jobs

I never played the original and honestly I don't want to dust off my ps2 or set up an emulator to play the original.
Plus, for me, bonus content is more important than graphics or an orchestrated soundtrack I can listen to on my phone.
So yeah, I'll definitely buy it.

Alltrades Abbey, about 15-17 hours in. don't worry, once you get there all you need to do is change vocations and that's it, it's super easy

So anyone have a class guide? I found one but the names on it are different. :

Thanks, sexydaniboy

Need help defeating Nava, she kills one of my party members in the first turn every time. What are some tips for surviving the gauntlet of opponents before her?

The world is fucking huge and awesome and as one user said, the 3DS having on-map encounters is reason enough to buy this.

If VII is any indication, the synth (not MIDI, there's a big difference) soundtrack doesn't mean much. It's still good stuff.

Other than that you're just complaining about new content so if expanding the game bothers you that much then just buy the PS2 version.

Daily reminder that Kiefer got a KieferxOC fanfic on FF.net.

fanfiction.net/s/10519454/1/The-Truth-Behind-The-Seal

Oh and fuck I forget to mention the alchemy pot is now instant which is so fucking huge that it pretty much invalidates the PS2 version.

So someone wants to meet me on in the North West. Anyone have any idea who that could be? It's pretty vague.

You really didn't, since none of that really improves on DQVIII (beyond the early alchemy and possibly the map encounter stuff, but we saw how that went with VII's dungeons), whereas VII 3DS actually improved an incredibly flawed title. That stuff you listed is fluff on an experience that was already sublime.

If you give me a pillow, and then give me another pillow that is a bit fluffier but has a bunch of crap smeared all over it, I'll keep using the first pillow.

If you never played it I can see the appeal.

fem!Kiefer

>I'm just correcting your claim that its not getting much new content
>you really didn't
He did. There is new content and that is what new content is, material that wasn't there previously. He corrected you, and yet, you sperged out in an ostentatious manner just so you could feel right. Cute. You're a pathetic fucking moron.

why there are just 4 songs in this game?
Final fantasy had hundreds of rearrangement.
Damn the more I play this the more I miss the good old FF

>so if expanding the game bothers you that much then just buy the PS2 version
This. I'll never get the bloated complains for a remake when you can still play the original. You don't like the remake? Don't buy it and play the original. It's not a big deal.

I've seen this exact post several times in these threads. Just sayan.

>providence is all about going up and down the same dungeon 6 times
>hubble is all about going back and forward to two towns
why are the last islands so bad? It's like the devs had no idea left whatsoever.

Russian island is pretty good

Latin island too

Fuck pirate island and Nottagen though

I'm playing Dragon Quest VIII on the PS2 and it's my first DQ game, and I've run into a bit of a problem.

Should I just give all the seeds I don't use in alchemy to the hero, or should I distribute it to the party members that need them?

Also what's a good way to get good at the alchemy?

hubble doesn't even really have another town, it's just a palace with 3 rooms tied together

Do seeds even work in alchemy? I never tried that.

>Level 14
>3 Basic jobs mastered on each character

Im gonna stay in slime Tablet until the end of all time

DQVII still has spell/items to avoid battle, you know. Try using holy protection/holy water in an area below your level. You won't get any encounters at all. Sure, equal or higher level monsters will still spawn, but that's how it worked even in the old DQs.

>Orgodemir's first appearance

Holy shit, he's fucking Cthulhu.

Tips for casino?

I made around 120,000 by savescumming but I can't make more than that. I've been resetting for the whole but I still can't make more money.

I'm usually use the 100 tokens slot at the haven.

Also, where the hell is the cave to another world? Is that post game? I'm trying to pick up the last reformed monster.

You could also master two intermediate classes and one advanced class to unlock the hero class.

If I get this right, hero, champion, druid and monster vocations are the most powerful classes in game?

Wow, I actually defeated Orgodemir without multiheal. Set the rest of my party to heal job while the Hero spams Knuckle Sandwich.

Spent a prayer ring in the end since Aishe was Warrior at the time and her MP pool was a joke.

>not using staff of salvation for free heals

I already gave it to Ruff. Forgot to put it to Aishe.

>How far are you in
Just revealed the Almighty for who he is
>Party
MC -Hero level 51
Aishe -Champion level 50
Ruff -Monster Masher/Pirate level 49
Maribel -Cleric level 49
>Best girl
Aishe

Does anyone know if you can recruit monsters from tablet dungeons for monster Meadows?

Finally beat the game at 125 hours. Had a fantastic time. Gonna save the post-game for a rainy day, though.

End team was Champion Hero Lv 39, Druid Mirabel Lv 31, Hero Melvyn Lv 36, and Hero Aishe Lv 37.

>martial artist Mervyn looks like Goku's grandpa
Heh.

>Mirabel

Maribel. I need sleep.

Armamentalist. Luminary and sage lead to Druid, Paladin and Gladiator lead to Champion, Armamentalist leads to nothing. At least with Monster Masher and Pirate they share a base class meaning you need less classes mastered to go to Hero, AND Monster Masher is good in its own right for having unique things it can do. Armamentalist is a worse Hero the way Pirate is a worse Hero, without the excuse that it's really easy to get.

Also about 60 Hours in I think

Wrong post mb

Aw, you ditched Ruff huh?

It's a shame you have to leave someone behind.

How come everyone else has such higher game times than me? I beat the game in 79 hours, what are you doing to make it go slower? Are you just leaving the game open instead of putting it to sleep mode when you have to walk away to do something?

how come Aishe is so... ugly? All her vocation costumes are so bleah

>waiting for Maribel to come back before I grind everything for days
>get her back
>islands are split up
:^))))))))))))))) FUCK

>Are you just leaving the game open instead of putting it to sleep mode when you have to walk away to do something?
I sure am.
Just got Aishe and I'm at 90 hours

>Does anyone know if you can recruit monsters from tablet dungeons for monster Meadows?
Two of the bosses for the dungeons joined got sent to the meadows while I was playing through them if that means anything.

>Ruff never really leaves your side after he first joins

Can't see why anyone would want to drop this guy after he sticks with you for most of the game.

If I recall early this year we actually got a complete list of sales for every Nintendo published title released last year from NPD, so we might get numbers for DQVII next year. I haven't been able to find the article with the list again, though.

I spend a lot of time getting lost or fucking about in towns. And I spent ten hours grinding jobs at one point.

What do you do after you beat Orgodemir the first time? I thought you're supposed to do the whole torban competition thing but the queen said they're not ready yet. I just went through the present cave of the almighty but I find nothing at the bottom.

Go back to Pilchard Bay.

Already did. Maribel wouldn't join me still.

How do you find the ear stones in the basement dungeon of the Likeness? I got the other four but everything seems to be a dead end now and I'm not finding anything by mashing A on the walls or casting Snoop

I want to fly like all those bird people, what do?

Then go back to Estard and speak to the king.

That heart's pretty fragile, isn't it?

wasn't there a class in DQ9 that had wings?

5 inches deep in your mom
Your mom
Your sister

Explain this: how can all these town have monsters hiding inside their only well? Do these people not drink ever?

>353175835

Ah, it works. Thanks, user.

Why the fuck does druid not have a multiheal?

Who are you guys droping?

Were is professor wade anyhow? how do i start this quest line.

B-but Hustle Dance though!

You're gonna grind Healslime and you're gonna like it

Yeah, I'm probably gonna drop her when Maribel comes back. It doesn't help that she's just another physical fighter while Maribel is the only mage, except for possibly slow ass Mervyn who I like better as a physical fighter anyway

I just beat the Grody Gumdrop. that carraway guy seems like a real moron
all I really know is I'll be keeping Ruff on my team
no girl I've seen is really standing out yet so I'll go with ELLIE

I'm bad at maps. Really bad

Dropped Ruff because I wanted Maribel as one of the original three, Mervyn for his status as the legendary hero, and Aishe for being the closest thing to Keifer.

I wouldn't bench anyone if I could, though.

Yeah same. It's really a shame they didn't have a wagon for 7.

You don't like Maribel? She grew on me, maybe my favorite heroine in the series. I like the heroes of VII for how unusual they are, they're really memorable to me.

>>how far in are you?
>>what's your party?
>>who is best girl?

Reviving the almighty
2 sailors and 2 armamentalists
Aishe

Kinda wish they added more party members like DQVIII is doing so we could feasibly have a caravan.

And speaking of DQVIII, do we know if they're getting back all the original English VA's to reprise their roles for the new cutscenes?

Aishe is better in all ways too maribel

she's not bad but she certainly isn't the kind of character I put on my parties in the first run

>mfw I have to go through all the dungeons/towns both past and present to find missing mini medals to get that piece of junk from Maximo because I missed out on about 15 mini medals

Can't wait till you bitch about the game being too easy

002 Gorges (Past) Next to the highest house (Pendragons' House) on the west side of the river, break the pots and barrels next to the house. What is this, in the 3DS localisation?

Is Monnster Meadows worth it at all becayse I have yet to tame a single monster and I have no interest in grinding for hours for a single monster. Am I missing some trick with the monster munchies?

Wait "La maison Grodie" is it in the past or present?

just having the munchies is enough to make monsters want to be looked after but if you actually use them i think that raises the odds

Yeah thats what I've been doing but its not working. I'm reaching the point of not even giving a fuck.

When do I get to make my own travelers tablets?

I also recently mastered prism peacock, im now going to master malevolantern and barbatos and then master genie that i unlock from those other two classes.

Just got to Buccanham how far am i?

Who would they even add? I'm thinking about it now and can't think of too many relevant NPCs that make sense.

Hey, neat. I posted this pic in a DQ thread like a year ago and it's still getting posted.

Shame I can't get away with posting some other stuff from that set.

>I just downloaded DQVI

What should i expect?

>dropping best girl

Maribel is a spoiled brat. But I'm staying with her and Aira, Melvin is out.

>353180435
You don't even deserve a (you)

Is it possible that there is a mini medal in that locked chest?

Once you finish Nottagen

Nah it's some weak demon weapon or some shit, you can get a bit later into the plot if you go back.

I'm guessing the person you leave behind gets no exp right?

>how far in are you?
Just finished the Great Lighthouse
>what's your party?
Hero (Hero), Aishe (Luminary), Ruff (Hero), Mervyn (Paladin)
>who is best girl?
Lala best girl

This game is just a huge time waster, forcing you to backtrack and do the same dungeons over and over and over again

And they don't even make sense, like ever, there are shounen anime that make more sense than the shit these random people from islands make you do

I guess the secret here is to never stop to think at what you are doing or why you are doing it, especially the last islands are so damn bad, and they get worse and worse, like the bird island, making you do the same "holy item from a monastery that for some reason is behind a dungeon filled with monsters" but even worse since there is even a maze with holes. Why there are no shortcuts like sometimes happened (like in the floodded tower)?
Because fuck you, that's why. How could they design this game so badly? It came out in 2000, the Final Fantasy serie at that time was already at its 9nth game and they were all absolutly perfect under the game design aspect. Japanese kids love playing as goku in a Toriyama game while doing nonsensical crap because "hurr Hero does what people tell him to do" but that doesn't justify just plain bad game design choices, no other DQ I played was so badly designed.

Which tablet am I suppose to get first for story progression? the one from Maximo or the shrine in the north of Wetlock?

Maximo's tablet is for a post-game dungeon and you need 85 medals for that.

to be fair, bird island has not 1 but 2 shitty dungeons that you have to keep doing but hey at least everything dies after one or two thin air!

so what am I suppose to do? It's the last two piece of junk I'm missing. Otherwise I don't see how I am suppose to progress.

>finally done with Hubble
>got a fuckload of equipments that are sure to make Maribel take the top in Best Dressed Award
>she leaves
Ruff is my only friend I can trust

Pretty close to the next major part of the game

>dungeons filled with monsters and evil
>send a little girl to accompany the party instead of a grown ass man
seems legit to me

Sleep mode doesn't add to in game playtime though. Activity log, maybe, but not in game playtime.

Does it really bother you so much that I accurately pointed out that the 3DS version of VIII isn't going to have nearly the amount of improvements as VII (because VIII was already an incredibly quality experience)? As I already stated, the only REAL improvement is the alchemy pot, and possibly the monster encounter system.

Instead of providing an argument you jumped in and had a spaz attack. Good grief, you realize you've got a year ahead of people talking about how the music and visuals are downgraded, right? Buckle up.

Why did they make it so every time you return to the Monster Meadows you have to listen to Monty give a fucking speech before you can give him new enclosure plans

>Finally got the Ultimate Key
>Still can't open that chest in the Pilchard Bay item shop

Because they half assed the localization and wanted to troll fans as much as possible.

it was probably an oversight.

How do I use enclosure plans? I gave one to the book before I did nottagen and that one added just fine. I gave 3 or 4 to the dude that replaced the book later on and those have never been added to my enclosures and now I have 2 more plans they won't take at all.

anyone? It's killing me. Is the torban player tournament a post-game storyline? What about the Sea Dragon?

If Im not mistaken Monty wont take plans from you until you have a monster that would live in that enclosure

The one in the shrine. Maximo's is for postgame. You need a flying carpet to get the one in thr shrine I think

I have a lot of monsters he keeps telling me I have no enclosures for, and he hasn't built the islands for the other ones. You can have empty enclosures since the book took my enclosure plan for the graveyard before i had any undead. I have that one and the grasslands and no others despite getting like 6 enclosure plans and giving him a few already.

also he talks way too much when telling you he has no space

I do have the flying carpet. But you can't go over mountains.

Go to the shrine east of Faraday to get in there

You don't need to go to that shrine until you've finished every single tablet in the shrine of mysteries

Go to Info>Next Fragment in the menu if you're lost

but I do have every single tablets in the Shrine of Mysteries

Oh I read your posts wrong

Then yeah listen to the other user and go to the shrine near Faraday

Im in the UK, Im mostly getting lower level ones people at early to late lvl twenty's.
My own tablet has gem slime, emperor gem slime and metal mannequin.

>tfw you make a tablet dungeon with Gem Slimes, Gold Golems, and Goodybags

How do you get enclosure plan again?

Who?

King Scoober

the king who turned the lady into a mermaid
the portal to his realm should show up on the overworld later

What does the platinum king gem slime even look like as a battle model?

You'll meet him later

What is zion cave in this localisation? thats wrere you can battler estereks for a low chance at the heart with the fuss of other classes.

WHEN DO I GET TO HAVE SOMEONE TAKING CARE OF MONSTER MEADOWS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

But mom!! I dont wanna, Im already grinding monster classes for Gabo.

what do you guys think of DQ9? Is it any good?

It's great. Main story may be lacking, but the others are excellent.

can i get a story behind this gif

one of my absolute favorites, but i know for a lot of fans they were disappointed with the custom characters since they aren't pre-made with personalities and dialogue.

still, i absolutely loved it, but i do agree would have been great if you were able to set personality types so that a form of party chat could work.

I tried to find one and apparently it's just an outtake, but I'm curious... the slap looks pretty real

Just finished the Animal Island but seem to miss one Blue Fragment to move on.
Fairy guy tells me that he knows nothing and Party members also cant help.

Anyone got Any idea where i could hab missed one?

>but i know for a lot of fans they were disappointed with the custom characters since they aren't pre-made with personalities and dialogue

This is sadly what made me put the game down prematurely. A RPG starring blank slate characters just doesn't work for me. It's fine if it's just the MC, but having everyone be a custom made it impossible for me to keep going because I simply didn't care what happened to the team.

yeah that's understandable, for me it worked in my favor because i basically used OCs that i've had for years, as stupid as that probably is to most.

But yeah, it would have been nice if we could get some sort of actual interaction from the rest of the party, I think that would have made the game 10/10 for me.

Go to info and check next fragment

Once I get to control the Seadragon, how do I get off and go back on land? The guy who let you disembark before doesn't give an option now, Zoom doesn't work on the ship, and when I try to disembark it just brings me to the guy at the wheel, and if I say yes we go back to sailing, if I say no I go back to running around the ship

How is DQIII in regards to this? I've never played it but I'm pretty sure I have a copy on GBC.

Similar but each character actually has a personality type that can be changed throughout the adventure which has some impact on stats and lets them have some dialogue

It's actually much better at this kind of thing than IX, limited as it is

Didnt even know about that tab, thank you

DQIII is a much shorter game where the main character and exploration gets all the focus. So it doesn't suffer from the story driven narrative that DQIX suffers from.

It just feels like a boy going on an adventure. While Dragon Quest IX feels like you're just some random shmo who fell from heaven and have to fix the problem of a bunch of people from Earth you never met.

I don't remember III's party member ever had dialogues.

>just some random shmo who fell from heaven and have to fix the problem of a bunch of people from Earth you never met
So, the same as VII except the fall part?

Oh snap I'll have to play it after VII then, this vocation stuff is my jam.

Yeah, you can make a few things with em. Like Prayer Ring + Seed = Stat boosting ring, usually.

I beat the game at about 80 hours. And that was with a lot of fucking about in the casino. Party was mid 30's. I think some people just did a lot more grinding.

The pirate captain?

Go east of Farraday to the Pool of Piety.

In what town does they have ze french accent ? I'm playing the game in french right now

The town where you get the flying carpet.

Its the one after Alltrades Abbey.

Well i'm not there yet, i'll tell you if there's still a dq thread

Is there a good grinding spot for jobs if my characters around lvl 22 ?
Also, when do I get the ability to turn my character into a healing slime ?

What are the mini medal milestones?

I GRIDNED RASHAVERAK AND AUTOMATON ON EVERYONE.

IM ONLY LIMITED BY GOLEM HEARTS.

RUFF IS A PLAT SLIME NOW

YOU KNOW NOT SUFFERING

There was a healslime heart in flying carpet town.

As soon as you get to alltrades and grind healslimes in the wild or in a tablet

45 for the first one. 100 is the cap with platking heart

>tfw dragon quest IX essentially started Streetpass

>100
It's 110

DS games had that before though, like TWEWY. The problem was it required you to have that specific game open in streetpass mode to actually get anyone.

Good fucking luck getting any hits on that game though. The American version game you more bonus PP for the random "aliens" that you'd pass if you kept it in pass mode for several hours, so the devs knew it would be a problem.

Kind of. DQVII still has developed secondary characters. And this remake on 3DS made them even more developed and interesting. DQIX kind of tried to have an impacting story like DQIV, V, VII or VIII, but without the established characters the interact with the story.

Do the side quest of recruiting reformed monsters. Then get the drake slime tablet. You can level characters in that drake slime tablet until level 25.

The alternate option is to just keep pushing through the story until you come to an area higher than your level. I just left providence and it had a level cap of 30.

>mfw Diamond Mannequins

how do you even know what the level cap is?

Take a picture useing miiverse pof the plat gem slime id love to see its model.

>frantically having to run from metal slimes so you don't ruin your job levelling
it just doesn't feel right.

Were?

isn't it just a silver gem slime? That's what they looked like in Joker 2

I spammed Hatchet Man at every metal slime I saw and I only ended up slightly ahead of the level curve right before the final dungeon. Inside the final dungeon was fine. You don't have shit to worry about.

In the DLC tablet dungeon

These faggots take 1 damage like Metal Slimes but have enough HP to survive a Hatchet Man, and they can do Death Dance and potentially wipe your whole party in one shot

Just got to Nottagen at level 25,25,23,20.
I'm about 38 hours in and it's starting to wear me down. I like the game but christ does it drag on forever.

Personally I'm about 70 hours in and kind of sad that I'm almost at the end

I fucking love long JRPGs and never want the adventure to end

There's a lady at AllTrades Abbey who tells you how many more battles you need to fight to level up. She'll say something like 'Maribel needs 3 more levels to level up her vocation of dancer'. So you go to an area and fight 3 battles. If she doesn't level up, that means you've passed the level cap and need to go somewhere else.

Using this method takes time, but I'm used to it. After doing shitty breeding in Pokemon, where you have to talk to an NPC just to get a vague understanding of EVs and IVs, I can handle anything.

I'd be way overlevelled. Game has been throwing them at me every chance it gets.

New DLC tablets alreafdy huh, talking about insta death moves id love to befreind a pandoras box.

Nah the mannequin dungeon was from the first wave of tablets that's been out since launch

>playing the first hard boss I've run into on Providence
>Mervyn dies because he's only level 21 while everyone else is 29
>use a Yggrasil leaf on him
>next turn, there's a story cutscene and the boss gets weakened
>wasted a Yggrasil leaf

I have no problem with long JRPG, I've played dozens of 60-80 hours long JRPGs. But in DQ7's case there's just nothing going on in terms of overarching plot. So far it's litterally just been going from island to island helping people. I know that the DQ series is about smaller scale stories, but it's kinda starting to feel pointless.
I know there's probably gonna be something something almighty and something something demon king but damn.

So its a super rare spawn with the gold n' silver ones?

so is there any indication of DQ badges from the faggot rabbit being a thing

I opened it up yesterday only to see that Nintendo cares more about the one year anniversary of a propeietary limited romhack tool than the 30th anniversary of Metroid

You can get your first exposition dump on the the present version of Greenthumb, less than 20 hours in.

Cthulhu is a vile disgusting beast, Orgodemir is beautiful.

Some kid in Emberdale is looking for a button. Can you actually find it or is the game just memeing me? The Prince keeps saying we should find it.

Ask the fortune teller

Talk to the fortune teller

YOU HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN?

WHY

Honestly, I like that it doesn't take itself too seriously in terms of plot. My main issue is with the pants-on-head retarded menus that make the whole thing a pain to navigate.

>Saved up over 400k gold from grinding vocations in a gem slime tablet

I could just buy the casino fragment with cash at this point and still have money left over to get everyone metal king swords and shit

Talented programmer here, I wanna look into fixing the slowdown issue in English version of DQ7 3DS as well as restoring item icons in stores, but can't find a decent link for the Japanese rom.

Can anyone help me out? All I find is shit like the game split into 15 rapidgator links which have daily limit and go at silky smooth 10 kb/s

I need Jap rom to compare exactly what changed.

man the totally forgettable final boss of IX is just a fake Orgodemir

Everyone minus one, since the final dungeon has a sword that casts oomph when you use it that has the same attack as a mks.

I've no problem with the lighthearted humor and the fact that it doesn't take itself too seriously. A lot of other dragon quests were like that.

It's just the fact that it drags on WAY too much in-between important story expositions. The pacing is gruesome. I enjoy the gameplay and the characters interactions but just give me something to look forward to.

There is a main antagonist. But like Dragon Quest VIII, you only get small hints of who he is. Until much later in the game when you actively start looking for him.

And in the case of DQVII, there's two antagonists at the end of the game.

Does anyone know how vocation leveling works? My Ruff is a Thief and he mastered it really fast, but Maribel and the Hero are still only the first tier of vocations and they started the same time as Ruff. I checked with the woman at the Abbey, and she said Maribel needed 2 more battles and the Hero needed 6, but I have fought way more since then.

Which sword is that and which final dungeon?

>Game suddenly stutters when opening menus
>Disable WiFi
>Everything smooth again

Thanks Nintendo

Cathedral of Blight, end of the Water Amulet rooms behind a waterfall, the Okeanos Sword.

Pretty much every DQ game follows this formula really, at most you hear the big bad's name occasionally but they're never actually seen or doing anything directly until you go to Hell and kick their ass

Most DQ games don't tell you about the main story until near the end. The small story arcs and the journey is the focus.

I'd suggest you play Final Fantasy or something, but those games are even worse at this. Often putting you on a 30 hour sub story, then randomly throwing in a plot twist. 'lol this is the actual bad guy, you've been chasing the wrong guy all this time. Don't you feel stupid!'

That mean they've hit the level cap for that area/monster and Ruff hasn't. You're gonna need another grinding spot with stronger enemies for them.

Hero and Maribel are too high level for the shit you're killing. Continue the story.

Pls respond

Each area has a level cap. For example, you can enter an area with a level cap of 24. You will keep gaining regular EXP for normal levels, but you won't gain any more job levels at level 24 or higher. So you either use monster tablets to grind or you rush to the next story area.

I know that, I've finished DQ 1,4,5,8 and 9.
I'm just saying that the pacing is slow even for dragon quest standards.

I havr that, it does extra damage for me but iv never used it as an item in battle

>Talented programmer here
Team up with an artist and make your own game. Seriously, I mean it. Make some low budget indie game and sell it on steam for $5. And make a million dollars for yourself.

I'm not good with inventing gameplay and shit, I prefer reverse engineering stuff.