Troy Baker

Give me 1 (one) good reason Troy Baker isn't the best video game voice actor of all time.

Protip: (You) can't

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yv_yGAfvt0A
youtube.com/watch?v=wh6yUCo0N6c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

he is almost cute.. but his chin/jaw is too weird.

>almost

I'm waiting Cred Forums.

Booker DeWitt is waiting.
Joel is waiting.
Joker is waiting.

he has meh range

cause Cristina Vee is.

She's the voice of Shantae herself. Based Shants. Shantypants.

You can't get better than that.

he's only good when he doesn't just use his regular voice

his chin and jaw are fine. his mouth is just really tiny.

There are others who are better
That's a pretty good reason

He's such a limited voice actor that all he knows how to do is:

>whisper when sad
>YELL when mad
>show no emotion/drop accents when regularly speaking

He's so shit in fact that Matthew Mercer has to come in and do his own voice better than him. Matthew Mercer is literally just Troy Baikman with talent and range.

only 1 (one) man is remotely in the same ballpark as Troy

and that's Mr. Nolan North.

>implying

He's good when put work into his performances, but now that he makes shitty AAA games and he's hired so often he's often a hit or a miss. I liked his performance as Joel, actually. But he was dreadful as Ocelot.

Because Steve Blum exists.

youtube.com/watch?v=yv_yGAfvt0A

It's Johnny Bosch you AAA drone no good worthless piece of shit. Learn man...... LEARN! Dambass.

>You will never be paid to say the same word over and over

youtube.com/watch?v=wh6yUCo0N6c

Overexposure. I don't want to start a game and hear that the MC sounds like the MC of 8 fucking other games I've played.

>Dambass

Even though a lot of his characters have similar/the same voice, I always liked Jamieson Price. I like deep voices

The problem is
this, I get so fucking mad when he's in almost every game I play. I'm not ok with the fact that Batman in the Telltale game is voiced by the same guy who did Ocelot in MGSV, Joker in Batman Arkham Origins, Pagan Min in Far Cry 4, The Boss/President in Saints Row 3 and 4, and so on.

c'mon, leave me be on the grammar ya nazi.

He shit on Guy Cihi in an interview.

>Trey Baker

A lot of his characters sound too much alike. He's not good at altering it

Look at Ocelot and Booker for example. I could even here his voice in Two Face.

Only role I think he really went out of his comfort zone is the Joker in Arkham origins. I haven't played the game and only heard excerpts though.

Didn't Donna Burke go on for about 15 minutes about how much this guy sucked when YYYEEAYong interviewed her.

Same voice in almost every single game he voices in.

Duck troy baker.

It's hard to get immersed when Pagan, Booker Dewitt, Revolver Ocelott, Joel, Batman, Delsin, and your saints row character all sound exactly the fucking same.

He's a good voice actor, but he's on par with Johnny Young Bosch and Yuri LOLenthol in that they all suffer from being over used while using the same voice.

I wanna have sex with that voice.

"Because he's so good looking people don't realize how talentless he is" is what she said I think, shit was hilarious.

>Snow
>Joel
>Joker
>Troy baker has no range still a meme
So you all just straight up jelly then?

spotted troy baker
go ruin some other thing

His only rival is North. If more voice actors entered the scene this guy would be average mediocre at best.

Holy shit. I didn't realize how many games I played had this nigga in them.

I wish I was Troy Baker.

You can be, it's easy. Just be mediocre and have only 3 tones of voice; normal with no emotion, angry yell and sad whisper. Do same voice for all of your works.

I really like Steve Blums deep ass voice.

I want him to fuck me and say things to me while he does it

So are you deaf enough to think Joker sounds like Snow?

nolan north did the SR3&4 boss.

I don't know about the rest,
Troy baker is a good VA, the 2 VA of his that stick out to me is BS infinate and TLOU. He does a top class job in both and both characters sound different.

He voiced Yuri. That': actually what got him famous.

Steve Staley and Dave Wittenburg say hello.
Also Crispin Freeman. He did Itachi and Albel.

He did a damn good job, I mean.

I don't like soley on the fact that he is in every game that is being released. He even played some lowtier villain in one of the Arkham games only to become the main one in the next.

Actually, he credits playing Sgt. Matt Baker in Brother in Arms as what got him into doing video game work seriously, and Basilisk as what got him noticed as an anime VA and not just a person doing extras.

So you don't like him because he's popular now?

>he jumped on the "hate the original Silent Hill voice actors" bandwagon immediately
>said they were stupid for wanting royalties
>fucking went on strike a few years later for not getting royalties

Troy seems like he wanted to be a real actor, but got stuck doing voice acting gigs. I imagine that if that's true, he probably isn't very fond of his career or anyone who plays vidya

Don't forget garbage forgettable shit like "The Crew", so even boring story games force him in as the main protag.

It's fucking 2008 all over again when Nolan North got shoehorned into everything but even worse. Uncharted even retconned everything and added a character solely for troy baker to be in the game.

Only 4 actually

Tommy Vercetti, remember the name.

I'll give you three reasons.
>Quinton Flynn
>Nolan North
>Michael Ironside

I wish Troy Baker and Laura Bailey weren't so big for their britches that they can't do weeb shit anymore. Troy didn't want to do Persona 4 Golden or Ultimax and Laura didn't want to do Dancing All Night or SMT4 Apocalypse

I think it's more of a they can't do those Atlus games, not that they don't want to necessarily, something to do with being in that union.

Laura didn't do DAN because of "scheduling" problems, apparently

I know that's the rumor but still
>some bit part in Gears of War
vs
>the staring role in a spin off about YOUR character
Maybe microsoft pays the big bux.

>you will love Bebop so much as to make a concept album featuring Spike Spielberg

Sup.

I like his replacement better.