Private servers just aren't the same.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B_7TR-X4eFY
youtube.com/watch?v=vMKo9fH2lO8
youtube.com/watch?v=HXzs267imWE
youtube.com/watch?v=Yg5P2OSRSmI
youtube.com/watch?v=Rg1x9Y4qarM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The thing is private servers today aren't the same as they were 10 years ago.

God I miss those days.

I'll always love you RO.

I didn't even know I missed this game until they closed it for good. WHO WAS THE CHAIRMAN!?

Runescape

Why is it that the progression to Bard is nonsensical in every game it appears in. Are you telling me Shakespeare was an archer before he wrote Hamlet?

FlyFF

>Remember playing in V7 on Mushpoie
>All that comfy music
>Fast forward to now
>Music gone
>Renamed the servers
>Pay2Win leveling zones

Why live

Never played anything like it before or since

well one of those is back at least... and it actually has updates now.

>Unironically liking official MS
>Not being there for the glory days of OdinMS

Yeah, I tried going back to DFO but the magic is gone

Might as well be a private server at this point

youtube.com/watch?v=B_7TR-X4eFY

;_;

aaaah sounds like friends an' hype is what youre missing.
I know how ya feel man, nothing quite like leveling and chatting with classmates everyday after school.

My problem with DFO is how shit it became after they reworked levels 1-55. We're missing all the good dungeons, like Tavern, Verderia, Bwanga's Camp, Odessa Streets, Skasa' Lair, Brigand Camp, and Hamlin. The only way to play them is to get lucky to roll it in the optional Other Arad dungeons. You can't even choose to replay it. I made a Female Slayer, and over 12 days of playing, I didn't once roll Verderia or Tavern.

Imagine if Runescape deleted Lumbridge, Varrock, Draynor, Al-Kharid, and Edgeville, and replaced them with mini-Falladors. That's what it feels like to a long time fan like me.

:(

all the memories...

So, Cred Forums, how would you design an MMO that would revive the genre? What could some company do to bring an MMO onto the market that wouldn't die insanely quickly?

FEZfag here, I think if a game like that were marketed properly and didn't have early 2000s graphics it'd go over great
>Fantasy classes and twitch-based aiming
>PvE is minimal and not really the point
>Centered on 50 vs 50 PVP battles
>Structure building for territory control
>Controllable summons with varying strengths and weaknesses
The one real problem is that they were instanced fights to control points on a map, but there wasn't much significance given to controlling those points, which left it feeling entirely instanced. The instanced gameplay was great, though

RO
Mu Online
Early 2000's habbo hotel

this thread is 2 sad

google toontown rewritten. It's not a private server as much as its some of the old staff bringing the game back for free. Full game free in its original state and already has plenty of people playing.

My nigga, Megaten: Imagine was my SHIT.

I miss it so much.

Terraworld.
It's not at all a good game, but by god do I have a soft spot for it.
It's still up, but there's really nothing more eerie than being the only person online in an MMO. I check on it every now and then to see if anyone still plays.

youtube.com/watch?v=vMKo9fH2lO8
I'd skip school sometimes on a friday just to come home early and ludi PQ or hang out with my guild. Will always miss playing this game back in it's heydays on year 1 of release on wards when I didn't know shit. Fuck even looking back at my iTCG collection gives me the feels.

I could write a bible on how to create the perfect MMO

Or you could write about how you could write that bible
Good choice

As someone who has never really played RO. Are there any Private Servers to try?

It's just that when you think of implementing one thing for an mmo, it expands into other ideas and so forth on. There's just so much to put in your ideal MMO, anyone could write page after page without break. Sucks that I'm too competent to ever see it happening. Kill me

Runescape went to shit when they made it not look like ass

Yeah, that does make sense
Go ahead and write it, though, or whatever's on your mind
>too competent

I meant too incompetent
FUCK
I'll be leaving the thread now because I'm embarrassed

I played the shit out of that game

You can redeem yourself by writing an MMO bible

tibia

Scarlet Blade honestly.

Yeah, the jap version finally shut down in july.
Pretty sad stuff.

>PVP in MMOs

They oughta just go the opposite direction. Too many implosions in the middle of MMO's lives have come because of unsatisfied PVPers whinging and demanding changes to suit them.

Throw all the bums fucking out, right to the curb. State it right on the game's subtitle itself, "Want PVP? Go play DOTA you little jackalmonkeys, and don't shit us up."

Why the fuck you would level to become a gypsy? Who the fuck would want to be called gypsy?

>All these stories on how people were robbed and ripped off in most bizzare and creative ways in this game

youtube.com/watch?v=HXzs267imWE

>tfw Coke Studios will never return, even though they could just make it a mobile game and make billions of microtransaction dollars

I say it every time I see a thread like this.

>Rusty Hearts
This game took elements from Devil May Cry, namely the combos and CUHRAZY actions, had an anime style, and had some of the best bad dubbing I've ever heard. It was serious and bad, but it wasn't disgusting. Think Ghost Stories, but less comical. I always played as the vagabond with the wolf hand since his style was easiest to play, and the devs gifted me ALL of the store characters one day just because I played for so long. They weren't unique characters in terms of gameplay, but the visuals were nice. The alt Vagabond was a chinese girl with gratuitous sideboob, and she was fun as hell to play. Maintenance was always quick and without issue, the game ran fantastically, and it was playable with a controller. It was almost a dream game for me. Unfortunately, it just disappeared one day without warning, and I was sad. There's apparently a private server, but it just won't be the same without those cool devs.
>Glory Destiny
Silly chinese MMO that was exciting and interesting, but had a strange shut down schedule because nobody payed for the P2W stuff. Not enough people, anyway. First, the English servers were merged with the original Chinese servers, which caused all sorts of connection problems. I mean, it was in fucking China. Finally, it shut down sometime after I forced myself to quit during the merge. It did not deserve that ending. I still vividly remember my favorite pet; a green caterpillar with a kamen rider face and beetle wings. It wasn't the best pet, but it was my favorite. I can't even find a picture of it on the internet.

I miss these games dearly.

>Rusty Hearts

Why the fuck did you have to make me remember

youtube.com/watch?v=Yg5P2OSRSmI

Fuuuuuck, that music brings back memories. I just clearly visualized the damn map that the music played in, and that hurt to remember.

>Leave the building with the female knight
>Directly across the road was the male knight who gave you various quests, such as killing 30 skeletons
>North led to the inn, and north east was both the Mayor's home and the entrance to the castle dungeon
>All those peasant vendor NPCs littered along the north western half who had more character than main characters in AAA games, including the granny who sold apples and the old vagabond who gave you cardboard box hats

So painful.

Not even a mention of WaR? Damn I know it wasn't perfect but it was so comfy. The setting and world quests. another victim to being scheduled around a blizzard release

Something something Mapleroyals

Something something Cred Forums guild COMFY NOSTALGIA SCREENSHOT COMFY JOIN US JOIN US something something

>Login and character select screen
youtube.com/watch?v=Rg1x9Y4qarM

This is the comfiest login music I've ever heard.

This had so much fucking potential. The way missions were always instanced made the grin feel a lot different, and it really reminded me of .hack

Fuck why did it have to die. It had so many flaws but it could've, shoudl've been so much more

Can't be done, the magic got lost with the fucking internet guides which tell you how should you play if you want to be viable in endgame. Everything feels like a chore.