Has there ever been a time for you when exactly what you wanted came to fruition...

Has there ever been a time for you when exactly what you wanted came to fruition? Was there ever a game you fantasized about, only to have it be announced later at a game event?

For me it was pic-related
>before E3
>imagining how crazy it would be if they made a PS4 exclusive Spidey game
>and if it were set in it's own universe separate from the movies or comics
>and if a well-respected first party Sony dev worked in collaboration with Marvel themselves to deliver the highest quality
>and there was no moon swinging

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SKKKQgf2o0s
youtube.com/watch?v=3xoxeCWpZyU
youtube.com/watch?v=SUtziaZlDeE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That logo still looks kinda weird but I'm down.

hope i can piledrive some heebijabbis from the world trade center

I only played the first Infamous and it was garbage

did they get any better or should I expect the same problems here?

>have fun playing GTAV just driving around, but the map is too small
>the crew is announced

>2009
>watched the dark knight recently
>wondered why the hell Batman hasn't had a good game in years
>this game was announced
Feels good man

I wish they hadn't forced detective vision at certain points, it was a neat visual effect but I enjoyed solving things without it more than just 'oh hey look the shit you need is fucking glowing'

I can't say there was ever a time where 'exactly what I wanted' happened. The opposite I can think of though:

>2011
>Finish 100% clear of NSMB Wii
>Friend and I talk it over, we're convinced that while the multiplayer is novel and the execution was sound, Nintendo has absolutely pushed the 1985 SMB design to its limits, and there's no point in producing another NSMB game
>The next year gives us NSMB2 and NSMBU
>my fucking face when

>>and there was no moon swinging

I have bad news for you

>NeoGAFfer's blog post
This is like reading movieblob's book except shorter.

Damn, it's like Amazing Spider-Man 1 & 2 never happened...

>play some dynasty warriors on ps2 years ago
>love one piece and think it would be a great like that
>mfw this gets announced

>several physics problems
>restrictive

Spider-Man 2 did it in 2004 and these assclowns can't be bothered to make the effort in [current year]?

What happened to this fucking industry?

Why is that Spiderman wearing overall?

nice try

Yes but Sucker Punch isn't making this, Insomniac is

A new Phantom Dust

and it happened kinda

youtube.com/watch?v=SKKKQgf2o0s

Posting fake articles should be bannable. Kill yourself.

i was watching pic related and thought "damn conan's world would make a nice open-world vidya" and a few weeks later i found out about conan exiles. i just hope it lives up to my expectations

>Exclusive

Great feeling.

> fantasizing about games being exclusive for exclusivity-sake
talk about redpilled

Spider-man, spider-man,
Does whatever an EXCLUSIVE can
OPTIMIZED, to the bone
Best graphics, of all-time
LOOK OUT!
Here comes the Spider-man!

Is it good? Listen bud,
Spider-man 2, will be forgot
Best superhero, ga-a-ame
Easily better, than SM2
Hey there
There goes the Spider-man!

In the chiiiiill of the night
on the board of the Cred Forums
PetitionCucks crying out loud
"Plis bring to PEECEE"

Spider-man, Spider-man
Playstation exclusive, Spider-man
A wealth of games, Playstation has.
Spideys reward are the tears.

To him, life is a great big bang up
Wherever's theres a PC hang up
You'll NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER GET THE SPIDER-MAN, #PS4

>fake article
Top kek.

i kek'd

>Insomniac
>first party dev

Fuse, Sunset Overdrive, Song of the Deep, and numerous Oculus Rift games say otherwise.

thats true they are closer to a 2nd party dev like Ready at dawn and a bunch of other studios.

My only problem is the ugly costume, I don't really care though because they'll probably have the classic suit or alternate skins and I can just switch to those.

That and probably moonswinging. Beenox lied when they said there was no moonswinging in ASM2 and sure enough, there was moonswinging.

I think it looks kind of refreshing

Yeah, it's definitely nice to see a new suit that isn't just taken from the comics or movies. It reminds me of another version of the Ben Reilly suit. I know they explained why he has the white logo with the explosions but it's still alittle jarring.

Top fucking kek!
I find it hard to believe that the moonswinging will be making a return. It just wouldn't make any fucking sense what so fucking ever.
It never made any sense in the first place to change it from the old Spider-man 2 system. I have no idea wtf is going on with those games.
I don't care about the costume. It looks like spiderman and he looks cool always.

So are we all in agreement that the Spider-Man PS4 game already looks infinitely better than the Spider-Man MCU film?

Well the jury is still out on that one. I think that MCU film needs more exposure before we can tell.
Also the game needs more exposure.

youtube.com/watch?v=3xoxeCWpZyU

>tfw no doctor strange game where you fight cosmic horrors in crazy ditko dimensions

;_;

Hmmm i wonder if the Spider-man game opens up a new marvel universe... is that universe exclusive to Sony? Like if they want to do Iron-man and all those other Marvel names, would they be playstation exclusive? That would be batshit insane.
I know that Lego marvel won't be exclusive but just marvel marvel ?

only the execs who signed the licensing agreement know for sure at this stage

PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN FUCK

>exclusive Sony Marvel Game Universe

Marvel has said they want to expand more on video games without tying them to the movies. Spider-Man will always be Sony exclusive due to negotiations for movie rights but the other characters are free to use for any developor Marvel chooses to hire

[Citation needed]

All that we know is that Sony basically owns Spiderman as a leading character in the context of videogames now (He can appear in games on other platforms as a supporting character, but Sony still collect royalties), whether or not Sony tried to wrangle the exclusive videogame rights to other Marvel characters as part of the deal is unknown.

Homecoming doesn't even have a trailer out yet

But that would mean Spider-man couldn't be present in the other games because he is playstation exclusive.
So in other words the Spider-man games will be the "perfect" marvel games available and the other marvel games will be subpar because of this character restriction.
>(He can appear in games on other platforms as a supporting character, but Sony still collect royalties)
hmmm how do we know Sony would allow that? I guess i just have to see it to believe it.

>how do we know Sony would allow that?
>do zero work beyond signing a piece of paper
>take a cut of the profits
just comes down to how much they love money

An RTS FPS fusion of multiple teams where each team has one player commanding the AI units and builds bases in a RTS view and the rest of the players on his team are their own soldiers.

In general I'd love to see more PvP based FPSes with NPCs in them but I can't think of too many with it.

>It's a "sandbox/crafting" game

Skyrim. I know Cred Forums'll shoot me for saying so, but it was everything I'd hoped for/imagined after playing Oblivion. The exact logical endpoint for my desires for an open world fantasy game.

I even had a post way back when on the official Oblivion forums suggesting that, in the future games, attributes be removed in favor of a Health/Magicka/Stamina system. Not saying a dev saw that and that it was my idea, just a cool moment when during the gameplay reveals I saw that's *exactly* what they did.

This must be bait, even if you claim it's not.

did you end up liking the game in the end?

I'm sure, like every other Spider-Man game, they'll have dozens or more of his other costumes. Any sort of sequel will probably have him returning to something more preferred by the audience.

>Mister...
>Doctor.
>Mister Doctor?
>It's Strange.
>Maybe. Who am I to judge?
Pretty funny.

>even if you claim it's not
You've tied my hands.

Very much. In fact, its re-release is the only game release this year that I'll be purchasing. It's still one of my favorite games of all time.

It's the normal suit with the Venom logo. It's like a mash-up.

Bethesda acquiring Fallout was absolutely perfect. I loved Fallout 1 and 2, I loved Morrowind and Oblivion, it was the best possible outcome.

New Vegas was great but Fallout 4 was a mistake. Go home Todd.

Then the outcome came and it was awful

>I find it hard to believe that the moonswinging will be making a return.
Thats what we all said after spiderman 2, and about every subsequent spider man game. The fact they haven't confirmed it yet for Spidey PS4 only worries me.

What are your favorite games of all time?

>Superman game made by Platinum Games

That actually sounds pretty cool.
Would play.

>really, really, REALLY wanted a sequel for Bayonetta
>ended up getting one
I even wanted them to make Umbran Climax a gameplay mechanic. Although I ended up feeling like it wasn't as good as the first game. But still a great game all the same.

I also got Bayonetta in Smash, so hell yeah. Along with a few other characters I really wanted, like Rosalina, whose moveset I ended up hating unfortunately.

There was also Sin & Punishment 2.

Still holding out on that big budget, good Superman game made by Platinum Games.

kek

Yeah, sorry, I had to delete my post because I accidentally uploaded the wrong pic.

But yeah, I really think they're one of the only devs who could really do it. It'd have to play differently from all their other games, similar to how Vanquish was a TPS rather than a melee combat-focused action game.

It's refreshing to see an user not get all bitter and cynical over Platinum. They're probably my favorite modern developer.

In terms of "exactly what I wanted," happening in vidya, I just thought of another one. DMC4:SE. I had really wanted another real DMC game with Vergil playable, as well as Trish, and for the first time, Lady, and got exactly that, although it was an upgraded version of a game that almost everyone already played. Even still, I was pretty happy about that.

That's hard for me to list off the cuff since I don't keep a list, and it can ebb and flow a bit depending on my mood, but in general:

Fallout: New Vegas, Oblivion, Skyrim, F.E.A.R., Halo 3, BioShock, Mass Effect for the modern games, Smash Melee, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Bomberman Hero, Doom 1 & 2, Starfox 64, Super Mario World for the older games.

Nintendo into xbox into PC now i assume?

When will you join the playstation master race?

>>and there was no moon swinging
woa woa woa, let's not get carried away here

we don't know shit yet.

How are the Spidey comics these days, anyway? Last one I really read was when Petey and MJ got married, iirc.

They're not owned in any part by Sony. How the fuck are they even close to a second party studio?

>Last one I really read was when Petey and MJ got married
that was in 1987. You've been out of the loop for a while.

in answer to your question, the current writer is a fat manchild and it shows

depends on what universe spidey you want to read

one spiderman is black, and the real peter parker is dead, the other one the real peter parker is dead, and doc ock is in the body of spiderman and he's the new spiderman

Just the first two. PC is easily the best platform, just because it has the most games and free mods for lots of titles, I don't deny that. I just have trouble playing on it. I have played on console since I was a kid, it's just what's natural to me.

PS4's a great system, but until Sony has exclusives that would be worth getting a second console (would never abandon Xbox entirely, it's clearly Bethesda's console of choice and all my friends have played on it since 2006) I'll sit with Xbox One.

Sony petitioned and published exclusive deals are refered to as second party. Resistance and Ratchet and clank are seen as such deals.

Same goes with Spyro, The Order 1886, Farpoint etc.

Essentially when the IP is Sony owned and published but developed by someone else in close co-operation.

>Doesn't even ryme
Appreciate the effort tho

its not supposed to rhyme. Its supposed to be a PS4 exclusive baby.

Well god damn. That's both fucking weird and depressing to hear.
Though I am admittedly curious about this whole Doc Ock-Spidey brain switch or whatever it is.

>one spiderman is black, and the real peter parker is dead, the other one the real peter parker is dead, and doc ock is in the body of spiderman and he's the new spiderman
You've been out of the loop for a while too. Peter and Miles Morales are now in the same universe, while Doc Ock is inside Living Brain the Robot, looking to get himself a new body from Jackal

So PS4 exclusives do not ryme in your eves? Did you just assume it's gender?

what's with that absolutely gay suit stark is wearing

is that even stark? i heard he was turning into a black woman

They can ryme but they don't have to as long as they are exclusive baabeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Why would it have to ryme in my eves btw? Any time of day should do.

Man, that artwork is utterly trash. It's flat, boring, and just looks poor.

Mi negro. Ever since then, I want a GTA with the size of the Crew. If Ubishit could manage to do it, can't see why Kekstar can't
Though instead of the country, I love they use a few states for a map that big. I'm still bummed San Andreas is that small now.

>hmmm how do we know Sony would allow that?
Yes how could Sony possibly allow themselves to receive free money?

You must be retarded to believe anything shown at e3.

Thats a stupid arguement. With that logic they would release Uncharted 4 on other platforms aswell. Justn ot happening. With that logic Nintendo would release their games on other platforms. When you have an exclusive you keep it on your platform for obvious reasons.

We don't know how the negotiations went down so who knows.

Yea actually, its gotten to the point where I even question if the games they show will actually come out now. What ever happened to Wild, looks like another project that just vanished after it was announced.

Considering Spider-Man is still in Marvel Heroes, I'm gonna go with Sony don't have full exclusive rights

No, it must be specific, you can't just ryme whenever the fuck you want, you showed us that

Sony have full dibs on games with Spiderman as the central character. He can still be a supporting character in other games on other platforms and they still see royalty cheques out of it, he's just not allowed to be the central character.

>Captain America spy thriller game

This is what i want, pls marvel.

I never disputed that.

Does this game have any hope of coming to PC?

>Does this game have any hope of coming to PC?

What do you think, PKEK?

user, I'm there with you, but lets be real, this doesn't look any different than most of the Activision attempts, we don't even know if it's legitimate webswinging and that costume is hot shit

That said, I really hope it makes my PS4 purchase worthwhile cause I've spent most of my time with it as my streaming machine

I pity you, console baby.

Devil May Cry 5 announcement at E3 or TGS this year
waiting for TGS

>actually wishing for a game to be exclusive
What kind of sad person does this?

people that want a sequel
see also Bayo 3 fags

the answer to your first question is bendis

the answer to your second question is that a black girl is one of the three (possibly more) characters becoming iron man after civil war II. the other two confirmed are Toni Ho, daughter of Ho Yinsen who is the daughter of the guy Tony was innacave boxascrapsing with, and Victor von Doom, who has been slumming it since the most recent Secret Wars ended

Toni is becoming Iron Patriot, not Iron Man

This better be in the fucking game somewhere

youtube.com/watch?v=SUtziaZlDeE

and Riri is becoming Ironheart

no clue was Doom is calling himself, only that his book is titled Infamous Iron-Man

I wanted Portal 2. Its teasers were great, and the game delivered.

>Portal 2
>Anything but a massive disappointment
It was the start of Valve's downfall into a meme-based company

>People love Portal
>People make memes based on Portal
>Cred Forums now thinks Valve put memes into Portal
Do you believe the "just got around to playing portal and am disgusted valve put the cake is a lie meme in it" copypasta?
Portal 2 was funny, it was clever, it had good mechanics, it had a story to it and it was LONGER than Portal. Only thing I can think of that can be considered bad in Portal 2 is that in many situations you can place the portal in an extremely specific location, which is just a white square, lit by a spotlight, in the middle of a dark and rusty environment. That's it.

I just want this game to have a sexy black cat with her giant cleavage like the old spiderman comics

I got super nostalgic for the first Dead Rising. Only have a ps3 and 4. Spend hours in EB staring at the second hand xbox 360 and copy of Dead Rising. Decide against it. Remaster for ps4 announced a week later. Sadly the best thing to happen to me in 2 years.

das bretty good

but
>all the effort sonyggers put in neverever
it's like you have nothing better to do in your free time... almost as if you don't have games to play... really makes me think...

Here's hoping for a Black Cat femdom stage, where Black Cat pegs Spidey. Milks hid prostate while his seed slowly drips out of his chastised peener into a goblet, which he is then forced to consume.