Who else /Juri/ main here?

capcom.sys

#Rootup

>no mashing lp to hit confirm
>footsies are more risky
>entire cast is pretty well balanced barring chun

>What went right
not very much, but let's see:

compared to pretty much every other fighting game ever, the balance in SFV is pretty damn good.
the gameplay is decent, too. the V-system has some rough edges (fangs trigger being utter garbage for example), but overall it's good. the V-system and crush counters are way better mechanics than the focus system and ultras from 4.

>playing fighting games on a computer
Lmfao

Chun Li outfits

Ryu, Ken and Nash are worse than Chun in balance. Chun is atleast a high-skill character. The former three can just shit out retarded damage for no effort.

>What went right?
The female designs

Shame the latest costumes have to be modded to look good. Capcom isn't as bold now as at launch.

Balrog's theme.

NOTHING

where's the lobby

Should I buy this if I've never played a fighting game before? kinda want to get into fightan games.

year after that i think im going to just get tekken 7 and injustice 2 i will get it later after those

RASHIIDO

make one you lazy fuck

NIGGER

Help a newbie out. What's a good fightstick for ps4?

>high skill
>spamming instant air lightning legs for free
>godlike footsies
>good confirms
>Daigo drowned at east coast throwdown by two literally who chun mains

>buying a new stick/adapter for each console

I heard it's finally coming out of beta soon.

Sure. It's the best game for beginners since there are actually other beginners you can play with. Get GG Xrd or KoF14 aswell. They complement each other well.

max pls

it's probably the easiest fighting game to learn. the big barrier of entry that scares away many beginners (execution) is a lot less harsh in SFV than in other games.
>input leniency
>motion buffering and shortcuts
>no FADC shenanigans

there are still 'hard' execution things in the game, like 360/720 motions, combos into super, charge buffering, and long combos that use v-trigger activation, but they are kind of optional damage optimisation, not absolute requirements.

People coming to their senses about the FGC.

I'm embarrased for any of you who have ever identified with it. It was all a work.

No. it's a bad game and you will develop bad habits.

The general aesthetic. A lot of people don't like the clay sculpture look but it's nice. Ken and Alex are a little weird but Gief and Urien especially work great in it.
Most of the stages are nice and the OST is tops, too bad you can't listen to it when you play online instead of character themes.
Character-wise, the only character that seem to be truly balanced is Balrog.
I'm hopeful for what will happen after CC and some of the balance changes that will remove the braindead factor from a few characters.

The only Chun players that win majors are the Third Strike gods who have been playing competitively for decades. You actually have to work for your damage with Chun unlike Ryu or Nash where you can shit out massive damage with no meter. Also invincible reversals with no meter and better zoning options. Chun is good. She's really good. But atleast when I lose to her, I can generally feel that my opponent simply was better.

>to get actual damage, charge timing has to be spot on
>IAL still requires timing to not be too high up and risk just jumping forward pointlessly
She certainly takes more skill that Ryu or Nash when it comes to getting damage. Ken is just fucking wonky.

this

Input leniency is too lenient. My inputs are more accurate in 3S because I have better control of what I'm doing.

Hori generally makes good ones

chun is second after nash, she has the problem of only being at her best when she is in V-trigger, which means she has to have taken some good damage.

It's not as bad as characters like ibuki or urien who are only good when they are one combo way from death but it is a negative.

this is probably the second least stupid chun after 4. has been honestly, outside of games where she is shit. Usually a simply dumb character, she's seriously another blanka.

I've never played a SF game competitively before this one, he'll I've never really even play a SF game casually really. But I picked this up about a month ago and after a lot of studying and hard work made it to gold with Alex I'm loving sfv it got me into fighting games

Any PC bros itt? Trying to fix fps stuttering. Getting dips from 60 to 55.

>Capcom infected people's computers like fucking retards
>You dumb niggers are STILL supporting them

I play PC. I gave up on graphics and turned everything to low and res to 0 and it runs fine

>picked up first fighting game
>gold in a month

Yea this totally happened

Well I'm neet

Good for you, user. Try hopping in the time machine and hitting up the older SF games. ST, Alpha 2 and 3, 3S, and EX if you really want to. All but the last have people playing on fightcade so you might be able to find someone to play with.

its ok when Capcom does it

this is just a shill thread tho. most of the genuine fg fans are shitting on crapcom and sfv

Theres nothing else to play until tekken dude.

And dont say KoF its already dead...

Looks qtier with her sweater

Chun is still amazing outside of v-trigger. Her normals are insanely good with the ability confirm from light to mediums easily, she has the best AAs in the game, she has her instant air legs/throw pressure, and one of the best fireball games. Plus, she doesn't even need to get hurt much to get her two bar v-trigger that lasts for fucking ever. She is probably better than Nash.

So I'm on PS4. Two nights ago I was trying to install 1.08 and there was an error in the middle of installation. Now when I try to start the game, it gets stuck on the loading screen. Even worst, my PS4 can now no longer read any wifi access points. I deleted the game data and was able to connect to wifi again, but when I tried to update it again the same thing happened: error updating, then stuck on title screen and PS4 stopping all across to wifi points. Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

> another episode of Chun players trying to say their broken character isn't broken
> use no wins at majors as justification
> always forget that players always train against the most broken characters in order to be ready to face them

> wifi
Street Fighter is blocking you from ruining the game for everyone you play against.

Hardy har har. So no one else experienced anything similar? I might have to move my setup into my room and try to do a wired connection and see if I can update it that way. I really hope it's not because of 1.08 and was just curious if anyone else on console had trouble with it.

>godlike footsies
But "footsies" is a term you apply to people, not characters. You can say she has disgustingly good normals but it takes a player who has good footsies to abuse them.
>Daigo drowned at east coast throwdown by two literally who chun mains
People just need to accept that Daigo is way past his prime.

You fags said Daigo was past his prime last year.

Then Capcom Cup happened.

Not shit. Even DSP is saying this shit. Capcom shills leave please.

youtube.com/watch?v=BO9Dw7Mwt9c

Oops, forgot the vid.

DSP calls every fighting game that isn't the version of 2 he was good at shit.

I'm having fun with story mode so far, and the roster has been relatively great thus far.

Hopefully Necro is in S2.

True fact. And he was only "good" at that version because it was one of the worst versions that nobody else played.

As much as you hate it, it is a fact that he did win a tournament, which is more than most of you can say.

I won a local Soul Calibur 4 tournament at my local Movie Gallery against 3 other people who had no idea what they were doing. So I guess that means I have more authority than you when talking about fighting games.

I won a VF5 tournament with 22 entry, and I regularly won Tekken tournaments held by our school'a anime club. So back off, scrub.

daigo gets a paycheque just for playing the game and saying he likes it. he's not past his prime, he's probably just not as motivated to win

>get hit in 3S
>small hit spark coupled with a short animation

>get hit in SFV
>MASSIVE HIT SPARK SHAKY CAM HIT-STOP EFFECT YOU FEELING THA IMPACT
.I wish this game was as pleasant and smooth to look at as 3S.

Nah, 3 always had this weird look because the models overlapped too much.

not much, its a waifu shitter game. If you care about your waifus its good in that way. Other than that it has a very small, very obnoxious, niche fanbase who defends it vehemently.
>SF4 by all accounts was more successful than 5.

For the most part its just another title displaying Crapcom's greed and shitty business practices. >Small roster
>simplified mechanics
>complete character murder of Charlie (now Nash the edgelord)
>launched with demo tier features, and broken servers at full price.
>new character additions all suck: Juri and Ibuki...might as well brought back El Fuerte too

Why is Ken's feet darker than his arms?

Blood pooling due to gravity

Oceanic Lobby is up though all are welcome.

CFN: BaronGeneric

Pass: 1111

Comment: Anyone will do.

If you want to do the v reversal daily challenge say so.

Don't forget super duper swirlyblurrytwirlies.

Being more difficult to play does not excuse you from criticism.

shadow

I feel like they should make all the V-trigger's two bar
Shit like Uriens V-trigger and ibuki's v trigger straight up lose to one of the two bar nigger because of how easily they can v reversal. 3 bar character can't throw away any v gauge without jeopardizing their only useful mechanic

What are you talking about?

I'm down for a few rounds. Joining.

>necalli
>bison
>urien
>v-trigger two bars

Well maybe Bison might need it but Necalli and Urien will be scary as shit with a 2 bar v-trigger

>game shuts itself down every 15 minutes unless I disable an OS function
>still not fixed
wow capcom my expectations were low and you still managed to disappoint me

reboot your PS4 in safe mode, go into system32, and delete capcom.sys

Not much.

Urien and Alex are really fun

I hope the characters get more interesting with more range and pokes and stuff as time goes on

ryu and ken are such retarded mashers in this game

but at least you aren't subverting the game to unlock content that was built into the game in the first place

Majority of Cred Forums play SFV on PC, there are a couple anons who play it on PS4 but not a whole lot.

I actually enjoy it, sure it may not be as hype as USF4 but it's still a good game. The neutral game is stronger than ever and people can see that as both a good and bad thing. Majority of the characters feel balanced except of course Mika's 50/50 setups, but not too many people are using her anymore so that evens it out a bit. Either way, this is my own personal opinion but I actually enjoy it.

This game is actually fun to play unlike IV, so there's one thing it's doing right.

I play Street Fighter on my PC but I shitpost on Cred Forums on my PS4

Not a damn thing.

nope on ps4 here and no issue with that update or anything been smooth, sorry

Bison here. Was getting some serious rollback issues, ggs.

gg

The characters that have 3 bar generally have a much more useful V Trigger.
Bison with 2 bar would be unstoppable. That's potentially 4 V gauges per match.
More often than not, 1 v reversal and a v trigger. Or just 3-4 straight up v reversals.

it'd unbalance them supremely. They need balancing in different ways.

>PC gaming
Kek

What OS function?

The OST is leaps and bounds better than SFIV. Me being a lore fag and hearing Guile's theme whenever i fight him when i'm plsying Nash gets me so hyped up.

It was stupid. They realized it was stupid. It was reverted the next day. I'm not going to stop playing a game I like because the developers made a stupid decision and reverted it the next day.

>OS function

what

>right

Alex is in it.

>I'm having fun with story mode so far
How? Being a story mode in a fighting game automatically makes it shit, but SFV's is a whole new level of low.
>Shit cinematics
>unsatisfying conclusions
>half baked doll models and movesets

Hell it wasnt even the next day, it was like 12 hours and unlike usual capcom they actually communicated the issue openly and resolved it fast.

Its galling to think that their response to accidentally installing potential malware shows capcom are improving but thats how things are.

The roster already is a million times better than SF4's, in SF4. In 4 I only had fun with Vega and id play E.Ryu when it came time to pick a top tier, but it felt like only shoto's were viable in 4... but the roster was also full of them.

In V ive enjoyed playing Vega, Bison, Gief, Ibuki, Juri, Urien, Guile, Alex and Windman. The general character design is more adventurous in V even if the game's current balance is slanted in favour of Unga Bunga.

Street Fighter is the most basic ass fighting game, which means that it's good.

You want to learn fighting game fundamentals, play Street Fighter 5. It is the latest, most active fighting game and will be active for a long time.

I've found I literally don't play singleplayer games anymore because I spend so much time enjoying Street Fighter 5 online.

Have a friend to play with you, so that you can both learn together.

The AGGRESSIVE DLC structure is kind of annoying though.

gg man still dont know why im higher than you in points..you murder my ass but good gief dude

gg

To this day I have not met a single human being who did not enjoy Windman after giving him a try. Rashid is so intrinsically fun, only Ono knows why.

>shows capcom are improving
The hell are you talking about? If they were improving the announcement would have been "We've integrated VAC" or "We've imposed new server side checks to prevent cheating", reneging after being caught with your pants down isn't improvement.

>all rushdown
>no zoners
>v-reversal aka burst
>invincible versals ALL COST METER
>shortened normals
>jabs nerfed
>fireballs useless
>cant win by chip damage
>no psycho crusher, no green hand, less specials in general
>Get excited for dlc character
>they're shit or another rushdown character
>SAGAT SAGAT SAG oh wait i meant NASH NASH NASH

Game is stale.
Besides dhalsim literally everyone has the same strategy of dash-in > frame trap. You could fight 10 different players and characters and not really notice a difference.

tfw Ibuki main

You dont understand what i mean, the fact that they immediately responded and fixed it in a day shows they are improving, because they demonstrated a base capacity for un-fucking themselves, a new trait for capcom.

Only because it outright broke the game for most PC players. They wouldn't have done it so quickly (or maybe at all) just for the security concerns.

>its a waifu shitter game
Reddit leftover needs to cool it eith the buzzwords. Fucking retard.

>All rushdown
Untrue, midscreen foozie are very strong in SFV. Karin, Vega and Chun Li all top tier and are strong at this, Nash's keepaway game is arguably too strong and Alex and Mika are solid grapplers
>No zoners
Kinda true, urien and GUY ELL can kinda do it but its definietly not a winning top level strat
>invincible versals ALL COST METER
Untrue, all the top tiers have free reversals, not to mention even if this was true it wouldnt be a bad thing
>shortened normals
Agree this sucks, hope normals get some more reach
>jabs nerfed
Good, fuck 2 jab combos hit confirming into whatever into dead
>fireballs useless
Untrue, they are only marginally worse than they were in SFIV, the only difference now is that most of the cast have solutions to beat fireballs easier
>cant win by chip damage
I like this but thats subjective
>no psycho crusher, no green hand, less specials in general
Bison doesnt need crusher, gief doesnt need greenhand, some characters got less move, others got more, just depends on the style of character in V compared to before.
>Get excited for dlc character
>they're shit or another rushdown character
That first off contradicts your first statement and second shows you think mid tier = bad, only Ibuki and argualby Juri are objectively bad tier, the rest are fine.

Gief is shit. He doesn't need green hand, but he definitely needs something.

This is what happens when you let combofiend design your game.

But before this came out, people were clamoring for a "back-to-basics" game that would get rid of unnecessary fluff like FADC and ultras.

I'd say he needs 1100 HP, some move speed, reduced damage intake on V Skill, decent confirms that lead into lariat, a bigger hitbox on lariat so it can actually anti air, oki off lariat.

Done I made gief mid-high tier.

I find it absolutely hilarious people still say SFV has ANY ounce of footsies when the game itself has eight frames of input lag. You people are absolutely delusional.

It's SFV, jumping and mashing braindead frametraps will get you far.

Maybe in the first month of release. Now you're lucky if you make it to super silver with that.

>T-three additional frames of input lag makes it literally impossible for me to react to anything and everything is random
Bullshit, stop being a fucking baby. I whiff punish all the damn time and im just an online warrior, characters like Cammy thrive at high level by whiff punishing. Many characters have purposefully extremely slow normals to make it extremely easy to do so as well.

You can say that dash up normal is extremely hard to react to and i'd agree (in the case of nash its legitimately impossible), but its always been hard to react to (even in SFIV it was hard its just SFV makes it 3f harder). Shit that people complain about in SFV has always been there, they just dont want to face the fact that its always been there.

twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/780547116997324800

>play against a Ken
>hadoukens
>hadoukens
>hadoukens
>v-dash to grab
>I see it coming
>press jab
>never comes out in time
>get grabbed
>repeat
Little things like this piss me off

A large part of that is about knowing when to press the jab, people often say they pressed it but it was too late, but often times its too early. Id highly recommend going into training room and running that shit until you got that shit nailed because once you can consistnatly punish V skill run you will destroy online Kens that cant win without it.

Ofc things like roll back and 8f's (some claim its 6.5fs now since the patch) make this harder but its doable with enough practice.

It's time.

I think the game is kind of bad in the sense that I see a lot more bullshit go down than in SFIV.
That being said, this game has Rashid which is absolutely my new favorite SF character. So it gets points.

What did Capcom do again?

Meme pictures used in arguments only lower the IQ of this place even further.

>Costs less than the $500 GPU brick in his PC

Haha! Great meme, friend!

In an attempt to stop people cheating they installed an insanely dangerous rootkit on everyone's PC that allows pretty much anyone to run kernel level code.

Oh and they didn't bother to tell anyone how to remove it if they do have it on their computer and didn't admit any fault. There's other details which make it even shadier looking but that's the general gist of it.

The fact that this was EVER pushed out the door is beyond inexcusable.

Shitposting implies it's not true...

Game is just simply boring to me. Has been since the beta. Can never really put my finger on what it is but it feels like it's really missing something. I think it might be the flow of the game.

Not much, aside for maybe the gameplay and even that suffers with some horrible design decisions

>Really get the itch to buy the game
>60-fucking-yurobucks
Welp.

Urien
Alex
No hard knockdowns off trips and throws
No focus attack
No FADC
No 3S style parry
V-triggers
Big damage
Big Stun

What went wrong?

7 frame input delay, I'd be happy with 5.
Move priority on the same frame (although it's not that big of a deal)
Crush counter's can be dumb at times
Being unable to fucking communicate with people you play against or with online, you basically can't even add them to steam/psn friends

V-triggers are pretty much retarded children of the ASW character gimmicks

In SF they serve no purpose other than artificially making your character seem deeper than they actually are. The fact that they rely on you getting hit only adds to it.

... V-reversal and V-trigger are two different things.

What's your rank?

I believe that user is talking about how SFV doesn't like Windows touch crap/Wacom tablets. Yet another issue with the PC version that has gone unresolved for 7 months.