Rimworld

Is this worth $30?

pirate it and find out

>tfw psychic probe

I don't know if I'd cough up 30 bucks for it when dorf fort is free. Still, it's pretty neat.

It's okay, but $30 is steep as fuck for a game with much less content than the free game that it's based on.

I'd only go for it if you hate Dwarf Fortress's fantasy setting but want the general gameplay of it in a different setting. If you're alright with fantasy though, I don't really see a reason not to play DF over this outside of the awful UI, which doesn't take long if you're using a guide.

So...assume I never played DF because of the shit graphical style.

Just get Dwarf Therapist and everything else is bearable.

I think I'll get more than $30 worth of enjoyment out of it, yeah.
It has less content than Autism Fortress but it also has less Autism so pick your poison.

What's 30 bux worth to you?

Bout tree fiddy

no

then just pirate it

theres really no reason not to in this case

Play the better game that is Dwarf Fortress for $0

>less than 2 hours of work for a game that has easily gave me 100+ hours
well worth imo

Honestly, it's not that much money, stop bitching about it and either buy the game or pirate it, OP.

I played for 30 hours and got enough of it. You can't explore the world it's such a shame you're stuck on the case you select at the very beginning until the disappointing end game

It's in 0.15 so it will eventually gets better and maybe bigger than Dwarf Fortress

Pic related, had 19 hours with this colony before I got bored

Why would you pay anything for Rimworld when Dwarf Fortress is free?

>You can't explore the world it's such a shame you're stuck on the case you select at the very beginning until the disappointing end game
I occasionally watch videos to see how the game has progressed, and so far this is my biggest gripe. You can't colonize the world, or take the fight straight to enemy colonies elsewhere on the world. Until that happens, I'm probably not going to buy it.
That, and the game looks like a boring defense map. I haven't seen any interesting random events so far.

And sadly the developer have no aim to expand the map whatsoever but who knows.. maybe he will do it anyway since it's one of the most asked feature

i pirated it for free. it's pretty good

>maybe bigger than Dwarf Fortress

>bigger than Dwarf Fortress
ha

too bad the dev is a egotistic moron

>it will eventually gets better and maybe bigger than Dwarf Fortress

RIP, thread.
Could've been an interesting Rim World discussion, but you done did it.

It's in 0.15a and actually looks like a game unlike Headache fortress

It's jot 1970 anymore I have standards

the same reason people paid for prostitute when they can just get a girlfriend and doing it for free

dwarf fort has a fifty year dev cycle ahead of it minimum familia. there is literally no bigger scope

>maybe bigger than Dwarf Fortress

Get a tileset, save your money.

Really? I thought Toady considered the game about 40% complete at the moment.