Has Cred Forums ever tricked you into buying a game ?

Has Cred Forums ever tricked you into buying a game ?

The Witcher 3: Wild Filler

I swear 95% of this fucking game is filler content and bitchboi errands, where's the "gripping story", you fuckers lied to me.

Nah but I got tricked into trying the Final Fantasy XIV. I can't find one redeemable quality of it. Everything it does, other MMO's do better.

Dragon's Dogma. It's shit

The internet as a whole tricked me into playing Off

Garbage game

Super Mario 3D World

Came to post this. People boast it's so huge and filled with content but it's the perfect example of a large lake that's also very shallow

No real depth to it, the combat sucks, the story is meh, the missions are bland... GOTY my ass

Rayman Legends

SAME
what the fuck was with that hype???

They told me not to buy fallout 4 but as far it is pretty enjoyable if you think of it as more of a fps with very light rpg and mine craft elements

No, but they warned me about NMS.

La-Mulana.
>hurr durr figure literally everything out for yourself because it's more hardcore that way

100% Orange Juice is the only one that comes to mind because I usually research games before buying them even if they're hyped. I didn't bother with OJ because it was a dollar. Still feel like I could have spent that dollar on a couple of sodas.

Witcher 3.

Literally one of the worst games I've ever played that COULD HAVE BEEN one of the best but had terrible game breaking design choices like text so small I can't read it, finding new gear that's worse than your starting gear, quests don't give XP after level 3 and being able to get attacked while countering.
There's more to it but I couldn't put more than 5 hours into it.

Beautiful game, but it's so bad.

I'd love to get back into it with mods, because I saw some that fixed most of what i quit for but i dont know.

Cred Forums tricked me into buying FFXIV but I ended up actually liking it.

Ys Origin

How shit is your taste? I hope you at least played on nightmare before posting this shit.

After playing through the singleplayer all the problems with the game became obvious to me.

>after playing through the singleplayer

No. I'm not retarded.

Because it has the opposite problem DaS2 had. The singleplayer is solid, albeit on the shorter side, but the multiplayer is a fucking mess.

Just recently, Haydee
good thing we have refunds now

What's wrong with it?
Just pirated it, getting up early tomorrow to play it

Pirating games maybe would never

spec ops the line
To be fair the only reason I can't finish it is because I get nauseated whilst playing.

Deus Ex
at this point I start to think that 70% of the memer never actually played it

Dragons Dogma, game is a lesson in frustration, trying to have fun is punished and it became a chore to play way too quickly

Cred Forums rused me that New Vegas was good

>buying
>a game

What anime

Singleplayer:
>most of the memorable/best aspects of it come from Dark Souls 1, mainly the characters
>shorter than past games with less content
>less bosses, less areas, etc

Multiplayer:
>multiplayer is fucked for many reasons;
>if you defeat a boss you can no longer summon phantoms or be invaded in that area, essentially limiting online interactions
>SL120 is the level most people play at
>but SL120 is where 90% of invasions lead to faggot gankers and the rest put you in fight clubs, so dueling becomes the only way to have fun
>but the problem with that is the meta consists of hardly any good weapons and so many cancerous meta builds
>such as Carthus Cancer Sword, safe dash stab spam with Washing Pole the entire match, rolling R1 spam with Gotthard Twinswords, any straight swords, and anything else is inferior
>almost everyone uses a 40 strength/40 dexterity build because it beats everything else
>your only other options for multiplayer are underleveling to fight retards or overleveling to join an autistic clan fight started by /vg/
>you will never, ever be summoned as a blue phantom, no matter what you do
>Watchdogs is a dead covenant
>invaders have too many disadvantages, such as 30% less health, giant tree seeds, etc

Also armor has been made useless outside of style. There's other problems but that's all that I remember off the top of my head

Almost forgot, the DLC is going to be worthless. The first one is already confirmed to only have two bosses, four armor sets, and four items. Nothing more.

>buying

>this thread
I guess now you know to listen to the bitter oldfags who try to warn you (if there are any left)

>giving a shit about multiplayer in single-player game

Souls games have always had a big multiplayer aspect to it you fucking autist

Legion

No, because i don't buy games. However, i was tricked into pirating dragon's dogma

MHgen

I dropped it like 5 or 6 hours in

stalker games
deus ex
xenoblade x
bloodborne
and i know theres a lot more

but Cred Forums also got me to buy trails in the sky, it ended up being one of my all time favorites so it balances out

and it's always been shitty

Hotline Miami, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., and The Witcher 1 come to mind.

Nice backpedaling

Big laggy "lets run around until one of us backstabs" "let's spam R1\magic" aspect.
inb4 you can deal with them easily scrub
I don't have a problem with them, when you get all those shitters it's not fun to pvp, it's fucking boring

I don't really listen to Cred Forums. All the games I've bought have been games I wanted to buy and play so the few blunders are all mine.

Not him, but single-player has always been the main focus. Mutliplayer was just a well-implemented side feature. Co-op is always fun anyway and the invasions weren't that bad, I had fun.

No. I only use Cred Forums to find out about new games, not as a replacement for doing my own research.

Same with trails, it's excellent. Have you played SC?

We have weeks, probably months of NMS pre-release shitposting about how bad looked. At the end we have anons who claim buyer's remorse. The same happens with every major AAA release, isn't that enough for you?

>The Witcher 1
Nobody tricked you, you're just retarded.

Not him but he's right. The Witcher 1 sucks dick.
Fucking piece of shit game.

bought it but then took on a lot more hours at work, ill get to it one day
only get like 1 hour a day for games now

No, but it made me finish FFXIII, complete all side-quests and obtain the platinum trophy.

Then when I completed all that fucking shit and then said it was a bad game, I was spammed with

>it wasn't a bad game, you liked it so much you put 80hours into it and got the plat

Fuck Cred Forums.

Divinity Original Sin. The "amazing" combat is extremely repetitive and I got tired of steamrolling through trash mobs on the "difficult" tactician difficulty in about 3 hours.

This garbage game right here.

Yeah;
Kingdom Hearts
FFX
Bloodborne
Borderlands

Judge my shitter taste.

>The same happens with every major AAA release
...and yet idiots still fall for the marketing/"BUT I LIKED IT" shills because they're desperate for something to play and don't want to put in the effort to create a good backlog.

>I haven't played a Souls game past 1: The Post

2 tried to fix this despite all of its other shortcomings. 3 replaced that with endless safe rolling and one-shot ripostes

Co-Op is fine, but if you try to do anything else up to a certain Soul Level you're wasting your fucking time.

Multiplayer is also the only reason you'd ever do more than just one NG+, or even the first NG+, for getting the upgraded rings and playing against people at higher levels

>shit taste general

>falling for a kickstarter game
>ever

The Witcher 2

>Cred Forums tricked me into backing Mighty No 9

Killing Floor
Don't Starve
Fortune Summoners
Ys
Rayman Origins
Xcom

t. consolefag

It's understandable. The entire internet was hyped for MN9, not just Cred Forums.

How? Cred Forums said it was going to be shit the whole time

Bloodborne
No Mans Sky
Morrowind
WoW
Undertale

>my opinion is better than yours:the post

neck yourself.

I completed DeS, DaS, DaS2, DaS3, child.

>F-fuck Capcom guys! Lets back this KS to show those bastards we hate them!

I am still laughing at this. So many tools in this shithole.

>falling for a kickstarter game
I've enjoyed Wasteland 2 and Pillars of Eternity, but DOS is just shit.

>Ys
This so much, it was just so boring. The levels were far too easy but then the bosses were far too hard. JRPGs in general seem to be that way from my experience... I don't really like them now that I think about it.

>WoW
I nearly put this on mine, but then I realized that I was still playing it so maybe it's not so bad.

Then I don't know how you know so little. Backstabs rarely happen in DaS3 PvP, for example.

Undertale. I wasn't disappointed.

In fact, the last console I've owned is the Playstation 2.

>Geralt, go talk to A
>Then go and talk to B
>Then go to that swamp and talk to C
>Then go to that small town in the middle of fucking nowhere and talk to D
>Then go talk to B again
>Then go and talk to A again
>Now if you answered ______, go and talk to C again. If you answered _______, do this boring lineal corridor dungeon and talk to B again
Tedious as fuck. And let's not talk about the shitty combat.

Compared to games like Skyrim it's pretty good. Then again it's not hard to be considered "pretty good" when your competition is dogshit.

>Multiplayer is also the only reason you'd ever do more than just one NG+, or even the first NG+
I've been doing them just because I want the DLC to actually be challenging and I enjoy the single player, but you're right, that's what NG+ used to be and honestly should be about.

>I've enjoyed Wasteland 2 and Pillars of Eternity
You're leading innocent souls astray user

I get tricked into watching animu just because of a waifu posted on Cred Forums. Hestia was the only one that was absolutely not worth it.

Factorio. Jesus Christ Cred Forums the jokes on me I have wasted 400 hours on it.

Team Fortress 2
Mirror's Edge
Persona 3
Marvel vs. Capcom 3

This game. There's too much walking simulator portions to it and the most challenging thing isn't even the combat, but the insta-kill traps. Also the upgrades are useless as hell and apparently it's missing half the content they promised it would have.

Pretty graphics though.

>I hate RPGs but played an RPG to complain: the post

I wouldn't call that thing a RPG. It's more like a visual novel with third person camera.

>He can't beat conman

The Witcher games are examples of great story with a shitty game attached, why didn't they just make books instead of bothering to make video games?

>Witcher games
>great stories
The only Witcher game that had a good story was Witcher 1. It was literally MotB tier. Witcher 2 and 3 are just meh in a world where Dragonfall and MotB exist.

Yea. Some lying shill fuck was on here telling me how sick and fast paced and quake like Shootmania was

wow surprise its fucking NOT
Slow, floaty piece of shit with 3 guns, but get this, you only switch to your sniper when standing on SNIPER TILES, and your MORTAR is automatically switched to and only useable in TUNNELS. a fucking mortar only usable in tunnels. what in the FUCK where these french FAGGOTS thinking with this shit game and FUCK THE ANIME AVATAR WEEB FUCK WHO SOLD ME ON IT jesus christ you cant even move normally because you get caught on ever little rock in the environment

Witcher 3's writing completely falls apart in the final act to the point where it ruined everything that came before.

Witchers writing excels in the short story format, like the crones in 3 or the wedding act in 1. Unfortunately there is few of these in W2 and 3.

What anime is that? Neither reverse image search is working.

>dev of game tricks me into buying their game

MGS3
I endured an excessive amount of cutscenes just to end with slow as shit gameplay

I haven't played Hyper Dimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1-3 yet, it better be okay, /vp/. Thoguht I've had it on my list of games to try and saw a friend play it a bit anyway.
Trails in the Sky better be okay as well
Same goes for the 5 Ys games on steam.

Might not be much recommended from Cred Forums so far owned, but I have a shit ton more on a wishlist that better be alright.

I bought a Wii U because at the time there was constant shilling for Nintendo on Cred Forums and daily 'why don't you own a wii u' threads, at the time I got mad because that console is a piece of shit but nowadays I'm kind of happy owning it, it's a part of history, it has good but sparse good games. I'm getting GC vibes from it.

>why didn't they just make books instead of bothering to make video games
The game is based off of a book series, fag

Ai Mai Mi

>but nowadays I'm kind of happy owning it
>it's a part of history
>I'm getting GC vibes from it.
holy post-purchase rationalization

Don't insult the Gamecube like that

Dark Souls

I'm never getting that $30 back and I'm not happy about it

>Has Cred Forums ever tricked you into buying a game ?
Fallout 3

Against my better judgement having been let down by Todd "RADIANT AI" Howard in Oblivion I bought Fallout 3, the collectors edition with the lunchbox. Quite possibly the single most disappointing game of all time. Not only was the crude dry humor I knew from the beloved series gone but almost everything that made it charming was gone too (especially the superb voice acting, which is what made the Fallout series unique to begin with).

Black Ops 3.

This. I just couldn't get into it at all. I couldn't care about any of the characters, I hated the gameplay, the world felt huge with nothing going on.

Honestly I found Skyrim to be more enjoyable. At least it was goofy and didn't take itself so fucking seriously.

Deus Ex

It just isn't very great. It's taking me months to finish because it just won't grip me.

Cred Forums, Hyper Light Drive is on sale right now.

I'm going to get it.

Fuck you all in advance.

no one cares

...I seriously don't know. Most of the games I buy on Cred Forums suggestion I've ended up liking, because I'm not a fucking dumbass who'd buy something from genres that don't interest me.

Hell, at one point there was a guy praising the Shrek Super Party on Gamecube, and week later when I went to a game store on whim it was on sale for five euros. Had fun playing it with friends.

Anyone who says that is a filthy liar. Everyone was hyped for Mighty no. 9 at first, even Cred Forums

People just say that now to feel superior "Oh I knew it was gonna fail from the start", no you didn't; Get over yourself.

You may have not backed it but nobody could have predicted at the first months that it'd become such a shitstorm.

While I didn't expect it to fail this miserably, I did warn anons to be cautious because it was Inafune, who was making it somewhat apparent that he wasn't all that trustworthy even back when he worked at Capcom. Of course, I was met with accusations of being a Capcom shill and the like, so I'm pretty happy with how things turned out.

Cred Forums convinced me that Monster Hunter IV Ultimate and Dark Souls both would be fun
Cred Forums was wrong. And Cred Forums was wrong oddly for the same reasons, really. I can't stand slow combat.

Why did you buy games that everyone knows has slow combat if you don't like slow combat. You weren't tricked, you're just a moron.

If you were "tricked" by a board full of autistics, 15 year olds, and anime loving waifufags. Then you have to be the most stupidest gullible mother fuckers on the planet.

>you will never, ever be summoned as a blue phantom, no matter what you do
That was fixed though apart from that everything else is correct. I hate how PvP consists of running katana R1s and mindlessly mashing R1 with a straight sword while having the same AR as greatswords and zweihanders and shit. I miss giant weapons being decent weapons to use.

>being able to get attacked while countering.

It's not Assassin's Creed you fucking moron.

Fucking YS

Absolute shitter. Mobile games are more your speed