I can't believe I'm actually considering a $60 Minecraft clone

I can't believe I'm actually considering a $60 Minecraft clone

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/780740599448162304
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Not coming to 3DS or Wii U

Missed opportunity desu. I'll be super pissed if there's a PC release in 6 months.

Considering recent events that actually seems possible...Especially since DQ Heroes is on steam

DQH is on PC, because Koei Tecmo developed it. Don't hold your breath waiting for Builders PC version.

Considering picking this up maybe closer to Christmas but it looks kinda fun

>DQ heroes is on steam
And it's shit port.

Should I grab this in Vita or wait till I get PS4?

It was actually a good port, but keep on parroting shit you don't know anything about.

I feel like it would be a good portable game but it's not like anyone here actually leaves the house

been playing the demo
are roofs a thing? kinda weird to focus on town building without it

the world not being randomly generated is going to hurt playtime hardcore, i think. like if someone cared enough, they could throw most of this game's ideas into minecraft.

It doesn't look like it from gameplay videos and trailers. Kind of disappointing, it's really weird not to have roofs.

>mineclone
>Sonny only
>60 smackers
>Never really got into dragon quest
and somehow I preordered it, how do they do it?

You can make roofs you idiots, it's just not mandatory.

Third person + the perspective makes roofs kind of in the way.

I think because its based off of the first dragons quest buildings dont have roofs

>imported the Japanese Vita release since I assumed it wouldn't come west, and if it did it would be PS4 only

oh i am laffin

>Never played Dragon Quest
>Don't care for Minecraft
>yet somehow I like it

Am I the only one?

>Sony only
Thats how, brand loyalism is a different breed of autism.

It's Minecraft with actual enemies and an actual plot compared to that "storymode" bullshit, right?

plot is minimal but it has actual objectives/quests

Nope, it boggles my mind

So would you say it's more like a

3D Terraria

Yeah, what exactly is it?

Is there any good english footage without some faggot talking over it anywhere to view?

There's a demo on the playstation store

There's a demo for you to try it yourself

haven't played Terraria but it's basically "the world has been shrouded in darkness, you must rebuild the major city"

i like how canonically, this game takes place after DQ1 if the hero accepted the dragonlord's offer

>Japan cloning a Western game
>for a Japanese audience, no less

This is so surreal, when is the last time this happened? It's always the other way around

that new zelda

I played both the PS4 version and the Vita version, this is much more of a Vita game than a PS4 game. Woff on the other hand is more of a console game than a Vita game.

Usually its clear which game the intended platform is designed for but this one swings in Vitas direction. Having a physical copy is simply dope as fuck though so we'll see if I keep my preorder or buy it for my Vita and wait for a HeavyArm english physical vita release.

I dunno, it works. Dragon Quest is inarguably the most well known IP in japan.

Make anything and slap dragon quest as the setting and it will sell.

Now that I think about it where's a Zelda style DQ game when I need it

I think its a very naturally fitting combination, like the idea of dq and minecraft just works so well together for some reason.

>no physical for vita
its like they're forcing me to buy the ps4 version. pretty gay AF tbqh

Is that Super saying Gohan
Is this the new Dragonball?

If it had cross-save I'd really consider buying both

The original Dragon Quest was a clone of Ultima Lmao. Copying is what Asians do best

Playing the demo now. I feel like the biggest win for me is it's a game with toriyama monsters in it after recently finding out that i like toriyama monsters.

Also the demo runs pretty well on my vita, makes it a little painful knowing that square is capable of making good running games on the vita and just don't.

Gives me hope for world of FF running well on vita too.

also playing this makes me wish that other Japanese games get (in a very very loose sense) minecraft clone spinoffs. Atelier games with the resource collecting and crafting and time management would have been great ripping into a minecraft like formula.

DQ1 hero was officially redesigned to be a super saiyan.

I dont recall if Edrick/Loto was established as his canon name

ditto

What is this from? Is it X?

I like how at the end of the demo they just let you keep exploring the starting place endlessly.
Never played a single DQ myself but I really liked the demo.
Can't decide on the vita or the ps4 version though.

Dragon Quest Monsters Battle Road Victory

Has finishers for a lot of characters and references a shitload of stuff

yeah I made my way around a mountain and found a big ass dragon that I couldn't do more than 1 damage to

thats a cutscene from an arcade dragon quest game in japan, its supposed to be the first dragon warrior

probably because the block based world lends itself to Dragon Quest's classic look

Dig a huge hole to sneak up below him and just keep hitting him from below, he can't do shit and drops a green sofa.

>Square Enix will never remake an open world DQ1

I kinda of want to remake a dq world in minecraft now

Erdrick/Loto is the Dragon Quest 3 hero.

The DQ1 hero is the descendant.

DQ1 already is open world.

twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/780740599448162304

but it is cheaper on Amazon

It's more for the physical english that didnt come to west

>Wii U
>Missed opportunity

3DS didn't get it because it's weak and the game would have taken a big hit. Wii u didn't get it because the install base makes it largely irrelevant.

I have the import vita one.

It's nice portable.

The graphics are surprisingly bad

>playing videogames outside
What a loser

Vita version in the US is digital only.

does amazon have an english vita version?

>$60 for a minecraft mod with villagers and bosses

Not worth it senpai. You could literally mod all of dqb's content into minecraft.

Stop preordering, you piece of shit
you are trash

I like HeavyArm, it's like round the corner from my house.

We've been given demos and a bit of coverage too. It's alright

lucky guy. I wish I could have a local game shop like that but where I'm from we only have big retail stores like gamestop

I love them. Oreshika and SSD used to be rare but then I found these guys who restock every god damn week. Finally got my copies, shame I cant refund the digital SSD I bought

>pre-order
>get the game the day of release
>don't pre-order
>have to wait a fucking week to get the game shipped

It's a very small shop surprisingly (on top of a 7 Eleven) but they have all the LEs you can find. Weeaboo and westaboo stuff since that's how it is here in Asia.

okay cool find that mod for me

Just beat the demo, I actually really liked it, but I wouldn't pay full price for it. Maybe when the price drops

It's not even a minecraft clone, just a voxel based world but with actual objectives. Combat is pretty boring sadly

see

Why can't regular dragon quest be this currahzy?

You can totally make them, there's even a camera reset so it'll zoom in for you/back out depending on if you're inside/underground or not.

is it multiplayer?

This is way better than I thought it would be. I'm really getting into the town building. I already made a room up in the sky. I can make an entire apartment complex in the sky. This is pretty cool.

Nah it's on PC because SE published it.

I'm really disappointed with the combat.

To be fair, Dragon Quest games have a tenuous relationship with the West so preordering in this case might actually be helpful in making Square Enix realize we are interested in the series

what is Columns turned into Puyo Puyo, Alex.