Alright armchair quarterback, what do they N E E D to do to win (You) back?

Alright armchair quarterback, what do they N E E D to do to win (You) back?

* no more gimmicks
* third party support
* present-gen hardware

Elaborate, what did you mean by this?

day one piracy
didn't even use my 3DS that I bought in launch week for anything other than pokemon and ocarina of time.
Only started using it again after ~4 years because it got hacked earlier this year. Took long enough.

Shantae in Super Smash Bros.

sonytendo, amirite?

>games must all have challenge, which means either mandatory hard modes or better designed levels
>no casual crap (this means all animal crossing, pokemon, and kirby games get discontinued, or get given to more competent developers)
>no movies (that means anything with 1+ hour of cutscenes)
>no sex fanservice (it's a crutch for when a game doesn't have memorable gameplay)
>no DLC
>no DRM (all games must be freely moddable and be usable with all controllers, no software restrictions allowed)
>hardware must be comparable with a modern PC and cost less than 400 dollars
>online must be free and of high quality
>games can not cost over 20 dollars

Just for starters.

Charge for their online services similar to PSN and XBL.

However make every single virtual console game free with the membership

Nintendo has decades worth of games at their disposal, they need to take advantage of that.

Stay the course. Full steam ahead baby!

>>games can not cost over 20 dollars
Yeah, this'll never happen. The industry standard is like 60 bux

Make good games. I actually don't mind gimmicks, with the caveat that good games will have either good gimmicks or well-implemented gimmicks by definition. This gen has been so full of bland mediocre garbage that Nintendo literally just needs to make a bunch of genuinely fun and good games and I'll hop all over their collective dicks.

melee HD

then they corner the e-sports market with that.

Upgradable hardware. That's the big one.

Had I seen this thread earlier I'd have inb4'd that everyone would just list off a bunch of whiny bullshit that essentially chalks up to them wanting Nintendo systems to be cookie cutter shit that would make them exactly like Sony's and Microsoft's shitty systems.

But now I see I don't need to do that because you're all so fucking predictable

>>games must all have challenge, which means either mandatory hard modes or better designed levels
>>no casual crap (this means all animal crossing, pokemon, and kirby games get discontinued, or get given to more competent developers)

>BAAAAAAWWWWWW GAMES ARE TOO ACCESSIBLE AND I CAN'T KEEP STROKING MY INCREDIBLY FRAGILE EGO BECAUSE I BEAT HARD MODE AND THEN LORD IT OVER PEOPLE ANYMORE ;-;

No gimmicks, powerful hardware, more original games and less stranglehold on 3rd party developers.

Here's what they have to do:

>dpad
>analog triggers
>2 bumpers
>two analog sticks
>stick buttons
>6 face buttons

In reality I just want nintendo to make consoles I can easily hack to play older nintendo games on.

Good games that appeal to me. I'll buy whatever the NX is as long as it has 5 or 6 good games for it.

nothing.

they're a video game company that appeals to children.

im not a child anymore so they really can't do much.

to make a game that appeals to children and manchildren is almost mutually exclusive.

This.

And cater to their hardcore userbase more.

>successor to SM64/Sunshine/Galaxy 1 and 2 (though I enjoyed SM3DW greatly; in fact, I wouldn't even mind if they made another one like that one so long as they made a "proper" 3D Mario)
>revive Metroid ffs - 3D FP Prime-style Metroid, 2D Metroid on the NX
>revive F-Zero
>improve their VC
>make their games generally more challenging and actually give meaningful rewards for completing higher difficulties or getting 100%, like bonus costumes or something
>make a new 3D Donkey Kong ffs; either make it a collectathon ala DK64 or a more linear, skill-based platformer
>Kid Icarus: Uprising sequel
>also new 2D Kid Icarus platformer/run 'n' gun game
>advertise the shit out of their games and systems ffs
>actively support their competitive communities, including Smash, Mario Kart, Splatoon, Pokemon, Pokken Tournament, and any other competitive scene that may spring up. And actively make Smash and Mario Kart at least somewhat more competitive.

This is an excellent idea.

A new 2D Metroid
A new 3D Mario
The new Zelda needs to be stellar
Backwards compatibility with WiiU