What does Cred Forums think of this game...

What does Cred Forums think of this game? I never heard of it and I'm lookin to try something new that I haven't really played before.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lv7L2PteJ4o&list=PLPVeQ0vGaHL1bbGGdZ6YldmowdeugYIa7&index=18
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

As far as I know, it's pretty fun. Never played it myself though, only watched gameplay from dudes like poopedie.

It's a good game. It would have been a great game if they turned down the encounter rate. It's not like they needed to pad out the game anyway, it's about 50 hours long, would have been much better at 30-35 hours.

Was a fun game other than the 10 hour tutorial.

Woah, I was just thinking of this game today... I got about half way through and it became a total Fucking grind fest.
Fun as hell for the first half but the second half came to a halt and you had to grind for days for a level and items.

I would replay it on ps4, not gonna lie.

I was kinda hope there is a Pokemon game with its gameplay

Beautiful graphics and music and a charming story and world, but the battle system is terrible

It says here it combines real time and turn based elements....can you elaborate on that?

Loved the visuals, music, story and characters. Certain gameplay aspects and the pacing needed work though.

really slow beginning but well worth it
the music is godly while the gameplay and story is simple
it is a very enjoyable game for you to kick your feet up and play

You can pause to use items, skills and other stuff like that IIRC

I've been stuck grinding in the last dungeon for years.

OP here...this game has dungeons? I got a pretty big boner for dungeons. Tell me there's puzzles

I just started playing this recently and it is truly amazing.

The artstyle, the story, the gameplay, the world building, the overall universe itself is great. I'm about 80% way through and have clocked in something like 40 hours already

I'm not usually patient type of gamer but I'll sit down if I know the reward is big so the slow start didn't bother me at all because I loved everything I was seeing on the screen the moment I booted up the game.

I really think this is a great quality jrpg.

Great first half. Super mediocre second half. Like really mediocre. Might even call it shitty. Also, ghibli sucks at monster design.

It's literally a children's game. The gameplay was designed to be simple enough that it could be played by a young child. Most people don't seem to get that about this game, that you're not the target demographic for it and you'll probably find it boring as shit.

Why, I don't remember it being particularly hard.

There's dungeons and there's quite a few dungeons with puzzles, the puzzles aren't hard though but some of dungeons are really comfy

Hard =/= Grindy
Two different things.
I would wipe out mobs like nothing but die in 2 hits from a boss and I had to grind for levels so it got bored so I quit

dungeons are just the right length with some neat little puzzels that are either mini games or can actually make you scratch your head

almost each dungeon feels vastly different than the last with great visuals and music

If you enjoy Ghibli stuff, you'll love it even if just for that. The world is so fun and interesting you want to see where it takes you next.

If I have one thing to complain about, its that they should have given you "guard all" from the beginning.

Don't bother with alchemy/crafting. It would literally never get you anything you otherwise wouldn't have already long since had.

Fun game though, a little long for my liking.

Sadly, it's a very mediocre game. It starts great but everything falls apart very fast. Story is almost non-existent, side-quests are worse than MMO, combat is a mess. Even fucking dialogs are not fully voiced even for main characters.

I just picked it up again and im having fun

It's a massive disappointment to me only because those "legendary beasts" described in the end of each enemy chapter didn't turn out to be actual superbosses or sidequests.
Aside from that:
>AI are bumfuck stupid
>End game grinding is a nightmare
>stat distributions make some monsters inherently useless, iirc
>Only wizard book useage that wasn't bad was for that sidequest with the ghost kid
>Music, environments, designs are fucking amazing.
It's not the best game and only worth about $10~20

great visuals and music,
shit everything else.

Ni no Kuni 2 gameplay fucking when?

Actually just beat the post-game today. I think it's one of the best games this decade

stunning world + music !

The AI of your team mates can be horrible at times.
Definitely worth the purchase and play through.
I found the graphics to be a wonderful and refreshing change.

>Beautiful Graphics
>Beautiful Soundtrack
>Half-Decent Story
>Terrible Battle System
>Terrible Battle AI that just makes the terrible system even worse

Its basically a gem of a game in all respects until you actually try playing it. I hate saying it, but it's a game that is worth watching a Let's Play of, and not much more.

I guess you could do worse for $20 but whatever.

The english dub improves the potato sidekick considerably by making him COOL and FUN, but the plot is still about a small child saving the world (which is basic crap writing).

i played it and got a little into it years ago. i got stuck on this boss at the top of a volcano. and i just never played it again. it was alright from what i remember. i keep forgetting there is gonna be a second one

It's a little lacking as far as gameplay is concerned. It's a monster catching game but there isn't really a surefire method to recruiting monsters onto your team so the game can turn into a bit of a grind if you see a monster you particularly like and want to put in the time to get it (I'm looking at you Purrloiner). There are also a series of sidequests that require you gather specific monsters so that kind of reinforces that grind aspect
In addition, although it is a monster catching game, the entire monster catching mechanic feels tacked on. The main characters have their own abilities and movesets they can use in battle but the game isn't really designed around that and instead focuses on this half baked monster system without it really having any relevance to the plot. It kind of feels like the developers changes direction like halfway through development.
That said the game is outright beautiful, the soundtrack is amazing, the world building is solid and it feels like a Studio Ghibli movie.

>tfw you arrived in Ding Dong Dell for the first time and this started playing
youtube.com/watch?v=lv7L2PteJ4o&list=PLPVeQ0vGaHL1bbGGdZ6YldmowdeugYIa7&index=18

Played it with my girlfriend

It was fun as fuck, and helped me get her into other games as well.

Playing it alone may get a bit boring, but if you're into Ghibli movies and Final Fantasy/Pokemon then you'll love it.

Dude
Once you get about halfway through
It gets hard as shit

'twas mighty decent but I'm disappointed the quest for revenge went flaccid at the end there.
TIDY!

The last point is what makes the other points even worse. It could have been great but the battle system is a drag and the sidequests are all the same.

Also, the game's ending is really bland. Should have done without the White Witch stuff.

This guy's a fucking idiot. Game has one of the most enjoyable combat systems in a jrpg type game.

I started it fell asleep. It's pretty cool though.
>That music
>Thar art style
it's like warm milk to me man. So I give it 8/10

I'm pretty sure the jrpg cohort think that it's a bland and safe rpg in gameplay, story and characters and hated the idiot reviewers who were acting like it was a savior of the genre for the west.

Embarassing fag shit garbage.

Good fun. Two things that put me off going back and finishing the end game content though; The game never stops with the tutorials. Even for things you've been doing for tens of hours and have done hundreds of times. It never lets you walk on your own two feet. Also, the ally AI at higher levels is abysmal and you can either micro-manage your teammates which is a chore or just play as a designated healer to keep their stupid asses long enough to win