Reminder that there is no excuse not to hack your 3ds even if you are a buyfag

Reminder that there is no excuse not to hack your 3ds even if you are a buyfag

>backups of your saves and firmware in case your 3ds breaks
>romhacks
>screenshots without miiverse
>region free
>makes it compatible with most old ds flashcarts if you have one
>you have to be literally illiterate or to retarded to connect a charger while hacking it to brick it
>only takes an hour anymore

If you own a n3ds:
>overclocking every game
>streaming without capture card or hardmods

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases/
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Homebrew-Launcher-(No-Browser)
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/
3dsthem.es/
wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Flashcart_Comparison_Chart
dsflashcart.com/r4i-gold-3ds-wood-r4i-3ds-flashcard-for-ds-dsi-3ds-p-248.html
nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149
amazon.com/gp/product/B005IF00ZM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4pmpgb/new_3ds_serial_firmware_list/
gbatemp.net/threads/ds-i-mode-hacking-progress-thread.413015/
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4rzr7t/new_3dsxl2ds_firmware_by_serial/
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
github.com/44670/BootNTR/wiki/Video-Streaming
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-updating-from-rxtools-to-luma3ds.427735
gbatemp.net/threads/r4-stage2-twl-flashcart-launcher-and-perhaps-other-cards-soon™.416434/
ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm
my.mixtape.moe/uejmoe.jpg
gbatemp.net/threads/braindump-userland-game-dumping.407332/
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/3gm0t1/converting_sav_to_cia_without_gateway/
gbatemp.net/threads/release-socketpunch-fbi-network-cia-installer-for-android-pc.412174/
github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Homebrew-Launcher-(Browser)
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Downgrade
github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases/latest
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah but why are you shilling?

>DStwo
Come back once they FINALLY crack loading DS roms off SD. Been waiting since the announcement.

how do I screenshots without miiverse?

I have Version 11.

Because I'm bored

github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases/

You have to start this and press x+y (buttonpromt is changeable)
Only downside is that if you shut your 3ds down you will have to restart bootntr as well. It will place the screenshots in your root

I have a new 3ds on 10.7 pls spoonfeed me. I've looked into it before and I would need to use a gamesave exploit correct? I have oot3d but it's at my parents house on the other side of the country

Find a friend who has a 3ds that's hacked or on a hackable firmware or buy a cheap 2ds to hack both that and your current 3ds. You can then gift the 2ds to a friend or family afterwards

Show me a guide to get me started then

Still doesn't have enough games I want to play for me to buy one, sry Mr. Nintendo Hardware Promotional Team Member.

Looks like it, but there are several games to chose from:

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Homebrew-Launcher-(No-Browser)

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/

i hacked mine ages ago and it continues collecting dust. every time i see this same retarded thread posted again and again im reminded of how I still don't give a shit about what it has to offer

Why not sell it if you don't use it?

I see, I'll see if I can hold out until they visit for Thanksgiving and bring it or if I'll break down and buy another game on the list beforehand. Luckily I bought a nn3ds the other day and it was below 11.0 and has dual ips displays

>connect a charger while hacking it to brick it
What?
I've hacked multiple 3DS's but I've never heard that charging it while hacking will brick it

where are the good themes

is there any hope of being able to use ntr on o3ds with games like monster hunter

You read that wrong, i'm saying you should connect a charger so your battery doesn't drain in the middle of the hacking and brick your 3ds

3dsthem.es/

>is there any hope of being able to use ntr on o3ds with games like monster hunter

Probably not, o3ds is struggling with monster hunter even without ntr and the main dev for ntr dropped it after being bullied.

how do i hax my 3ds

See

so you have to buy two 3DS's to hack at all? that's dumb as fuck

Can I play nds games yet

If you upgraded it all the way to 11.0, yes. The older the firmware, the easier it gets

Got to a part where I had to wait like ten minutes to patch some files or some shit, had a chance of failure and it failed every time for me so I gave up. Think it was custom firmware or something? Been a while.

only if your firmware is 11.0+

Not without flashcart yet

whats a good flash cart to use for those who use emunand

You probably mean the initial downgrade? How reccently did you try? The current guide might be more reliable, it got improved a lot.

Most people recommend R4i Gold. The next best is DSTWO.

wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Flashcart_Comparison_Chart

Im playing this pos again right now for the 2nd time in years so I can get into PW5 and 6.

Rock star lawyer is still fucking stupid as well as the reason for taking away Nick's badge. Pretty sure Edgeworth had the same situation in a previous game but did not have his badge taken away. Dont give a fuck Phoenix is pretty cool though.

>typing out all that
>not just posting a link to a guide
If you want people to do something at least give the incentive the right way, fuckwad.

I did user, but even downloading like 30 games haven't made me move from my Vita yet.

AA4 was honestly underrated, I enjoyed case 1+4 a lot

As the other user said, R4i Gold is good. I bought one for $15 and works just fine with everything.

Because i don't mind paying for the few games i wish to play.

Neat thanks. Any good sites to buy it from? First result on google
dsflashcart.com/r4i-gold-3ds-wood-r4i-3ds-flashcard-for-ds-dsi-3ds-p-248.html

I bought mine from here nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149

>implying there's a reason to own a 3ds

Thanks my man

>Edgeworth had the same situation in a previous game but did not have his badge taken away

He was using false evidence but he was given it instead of him forging it himself and it was quickly discarded in the case because the person that gave it to him confessed.

Nick gave out a trial ending piece of evidence and when it was found out it was fake, his client ran off and vanished. Also, Nick couldn't prove that he didn't make it/buy it himself to win the case.

i'm the opposite. i really like nintendo games and my taste isn't exclusive to one kind of genre or series. i like a lot of fucking shit. right now i'm actually enjoying dragon quest 7.

Is it easier to hack now than a year ago?
I fucking hate how much compiling and installing there is to get CFW on Nintendo products.
Sony's CFW creators are much better at simplifying and making it easier for the end user.
Are Nintendo hacker just incomtetent or are Nintendo products just that hard to crack?

I have no reason to

I'm satisfied with my system and the games I bought to support this great system

it has been cut down quite a bit. it takes about an hour to do now

I hacked mine in like 2h at most, and most of that time was spent waiting for it to do its thing. If you follow the guide it's easy as fuck.

>still can't get the psp nub to fit over the n3ds nipple stick

>3DS hackers shill more than actual shills

Ironic since they don't pay for anything

Can these flashcards support gba titles? I don't like having to install them to my sys and emunand

>Sony's CFW creators are much better at simplifying and making it easier for the end user.

PSP was much less secure in general
Vita isn't nearly as advanced as either PSP or 3ds CFW, can't be made permanent and isn't able to be downgraded.

Most of the reason 3ds hacking takes so long is downgrading, if people stayed on 9.2 it would be easy as fuck

That project is dead.

Didn't we have this thread already?

Why don't you fuck off to /vg/?

I don't think so.

why dont you fuck off

supercard dstwo does but it drains the battery like your mom drains a minibar

>>streaming without capture card or hardmods
I could not get that to work no matter what I did

no matter how hard i press down or how much i angle it i can't get the thing to stay on

you wrote it wrong
>to
too

>there is no excuse not to hack your 3ds

I'm on a firmware 11.0 New 3DS with no other hackable 3DS. Now what?

how does it not stick on? if you took the nub off there should be a little square, and the fit is pretty tight. the nub has a rectangle fit while the nub is a square, you just gotta push hard and it will stay on. once its on you cant move it or anything like the psp, but when you try it on something like monster hunter it is unbelievable how good it works

>buy new 3DS from amazon
>turns out to be 11.x
F-fuck

>can't emulate DS games

>phones can

I'll pass

it just slides/pops out

Sorry

Learn soldering, buy a cheap 2ds to hack both or stay on 11.0 and hope someone finds a new exploit someday

Why do I care about battery it's not like I go anywhere. I am sold

So if I want to buy and hack a 3DS, where i'll primarily be playing Monster Hunter, which one do I buy?

New 3DS? 3DS XL?

None of the listing on online shops have any firmwares, either.

these are the ones i got
amazon.com/gp/product/B005IF00ZM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

get the 3d world bundle for new 3ds. get a psp analog stick pop that fucking nub out, and get ready to be amazed when you play monster hunter with it

this can give you an idea about the firmwares

It can with Flashcarts and people are working on maybe getting it to work without them.

gbatemp.net/threads/ds-i-mode-hacking-progress-thread.413015/

Did you buy the correct (psp1000) caps? Did you maybe get some shitty mold? Can you make a photo of the cap's bottom?

I have a perfectly reasonable excuse.

I dont know what im doing and will probs brink my shit

How old are we talking about? I have an M3 DS Real that I've love to use to play AAI2 on again (my DS's mic is shot so I can't finish the game on it when you need to dust for finger prints in the final case).

its easy

I just did this like 4 days ago, and I cannot understand why i didn't do it earlier. I'm about to try and install the screencapture tonight, looking for a decent guide.
>only takes an hour anymore
this shit took me like 6 hours though because everything was being fucking retarded.
>Browserhax DNS going down
>Smashhax needed me to install Unbuntu
>Took me 3 versions of Unbuntu to find one that could run Smashhax.sh
>Main PC Wi-Fi card not compatible with Smashhax
>Secondary PC finally worked
>Downgrade to 9.2 crashed 3 times
After that though nothing happened took me a long ass time still though
tl;dr I'm a faggot, hack your 3ds.

bought the same ones listed here

but unfortunately i misplaced all but one of them when i moved and the one i did find i wound up losing again

So is building a PC but if you don't already know what you're doing, it looks like fucking greek

Can you read the difference between a file called o3ds and one called n3ds and can you remember to charge your 3ds? That avoids at least 90% of bricks

no, it is really fucking easy. you just need to know how to move files, which is basically what anybody can do. i hacked my friends in under an hour with the new guide

How do I do this? I'm not tech savvy,

Thanks lads

Can I still use my Gateway card that emulates DS games if I do this hack? Can't find my regular Gateway, but I still have the DS one. On 9.2JP

That's too old sadly, only compatible with ds according to the chart

i have an r4i gold and it works fine

If you switch to a9lh you only have to install them once

See

I am too lazy to change to a9lh

But you aren't too lazy to install every gba game twice?

I didn't install them because of it

>That's too old sadly
So like it is in my real life.

At least I already have my O3DS hacked. But with more than enough bought games for my N and my Vita, there isn't much that I feel drawn to go for. I did it because it could be done.

>you hear whispers coming from an unkown source
>aaaaa 9 lllll hhhhh
>aaaa 9999 lllll hhhh

As of late I have been considering hacking my 3DS just cause I haven't been using it as much lately.
I'm pretty opposed to the idea but maybe you folks could sell me on it.

What's the homebrew community like? Is it just shitty indie games? Or is there decent PC ports on it? Like Doom or Quake for example.

Also, what are the chances of bricking my 3DS?

>What's the homebrew community like?
Who cares? You can get real games
>Also, what are the chances of bricking my 3DS?
minimal as long as you read the instructions clearly

there is doom i believe i saw. the homebrews are nice. you get one called freeshop/ciangel that literally dsownloads the 3ds games from their servers. save manager, etc. the chances are low. just make sure you follow the instructions clearly

>Also, what are the chances of bricking my 3DS?

Actual hardbricks, really low and 99% your own fault. Softbricks that force you to update to the current firmware slightly higher but still rather low.

No thanks.

>>Because I'm bored
>instead of playing all those pirated games available xe chooses to make the same thread every day

Piratefags, everybody.

ok lol

I did it for the region free access. Imported SMT4F and hasn't touched my 3ds after beating it since. I don't even know if there will be a game worth playing on the platform again.

This is the first time I made this thread though.
I'm at work, i'd play AA6 if I was at home

sucks for you

Because it's a painful proccess when I already have most of the games worth a shit

I'm not cracking my day one 3ds you tool.

I'm doing to an N3DS.

is the dlc case out yet?

Should be out today but I can't check right now

I just got a new 3ds the other day. Where can I find a guide to help me hack it?

ctrl+f plailect, it's further up in the thread

Can I run DS flash carts on 11.0 firmware, but WITH homebrew?

You need cfw. Just the homebrew channel alone isn't enough

Well damn. Guess I'm stuck with my old DS and its dying battery.

>buy a new 3ds xl
>hoped its firmware would be around 10.xx
>its 11.0.3
>cry because scared of hardmodding

No.

Yes.

you should have bought the right bundle. like the 3d world one. only a few confirmed have hacked there 3ds at 11.0 and made it out alive

Return it and look at the serial number next time

Okay.

i'm on 11.0-33, have no access to another hacked o3Ds and neither want to hardmod nor to buy another DS.

>Reminder that there is no excuse not to hack your 3ds even if you are a buyfag

I don't want to break the law.

This has nothing to do with morals - I support piracy and I see no problem with hacking your 3DS to begin with.

I just avoid breaking the law is all.

Don't you ever break the law in any way? No jaywalking, speeding, piracy of anything, copyright infringement (do you always ask for permission before you post an image here?)?

What would you consider to be essential homebrew everyone should have?

NTR CFW
people that take pictures of their 3DS should kill themselves

>n3ds

will nintendo ban me for accessing the eshop?

Show me YouTube video where to get started.

are 2ds firmware below ver. 11.?

Hacking your 3DS is not hard because of the things you have to do, but it's hard to find a coherent guide because 3DS "hackers" are incapable of writing one. /hbg/ is a complete clusterfuck.

The worst thing that can happen is that your pirated dlc and custom themes get automatically deleted when you enter it.

Don't know how complete this list is, but 2ds all seem to be on low firmwares. Might wanna doublecheck before buying

reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4rzr7t/new_3dsxl2ds_firmware_by_serial/

See

>Apollo Justice 3DS

HOW? WHERE?

Flashcards or using the original cartridge since it's backwards compatible.

I hacked my 3ds back in december using the retard guide or whatever and haven't updated since.

Supposedly there's some shit called luma and al9something now? Can I still upgrade to those since I'll probably want to use online for sun/moon and I'm sure just updating emunand now will caus esome problems.

which chart?

I'm rich, I don't even care.

This is what privilege feels like.

Yes, you can. Just updating emunand might create problems since you likely use one of the cfw's that have been pretty much abandoned like rxtools. Switching to Luma is very easy, a9lh takes a bit longer but gives extra features

It's earlier in the thread, search for "compatibility"

Mind spoonfeeding how to switch to Luma?

How do you stream on a n3ds with a mod

>tfw still on version 10

>Download github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
>Replace folders
>Change menuhax or whatever you use to boot that instead of your old firmware.

Or use github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki to set up a9lh, by the end you will be on luma too

A friend of mine hacked my OG 3DS with RXTOOLS 6 months ago.

What can I do to play DS and GBA games?

While on emunand can I update my console?

Install github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases/

Use this guide: github.com/44670/BootNTR/wiki/Video-Streaming

> play DS
Flashcart
>GBA games
Injection, it's easier on a9lh since you just have one NAND you need to install them on

>While on emunand can I update my console?
Yes, but make sure you are on emunand when updating. Also update to Luma, not sure if rxtools even supports current firmware

Can you scale DS games without them getting blurry as hell now?

Cool thanks, is there a guide for switching from RXtools to Luma/a9lh?

Like ~5 posts above you

anyone know if m3 ds real works on 3ds, no guides cover it

Maybe read the rest of the thread, this exact question was already answered

No it doesn't, too old

So were there any actual benefits of owning a n3ds over the original besides being able to stream and play xeno?

better hardware

if you have cfw you can force every game to use the n3ds higher cpu clock and cache to make them run better

Used to bug me that I skipped on the n3ds, but after modding my old xl I've forgotten about it

So far I've set it up so that I'm running a library of 3ds and ds and its neat

Can I play oDS games straight off the 3DS yet?

read the thread you nigger
you can if you buy a $15 flashcart

And after taking a screenshot you can enjoy input lag, framedrops and freezes.
Fucking NTR is a no alternatives piece of shit.

I have no such problems on my n3ds, might be different on o3ds.

NTR certainly could use improvements though, like remembering button combinations or choosing destination folder

i was in the process of hacking one, but my r button thing broke and it damaged the ribbon cable

>backup saves in case 3ds breaks

Aren't saves either on the cart/sd card and could easily be swapped into a new 3ds?

Has anyone switched from Rxtools to Luma3ds?
I do not have even Menuhax, just FBI and BigBlueMenu.

They are linked to your 3ds. Homebrew can decrypt them and make you able to inject them into another console. Without that you lose access the second you put the sd into a different 3ds or format your 3ds

It is

Is that a fact? Does RXTools work with R4DS?

>RXTools

Switch to luma. that said, r4ds is too old and doesn't even work on DSi according to the chart

Any good guide for specifically switching CFW?
I'd like to keep saves, if possible

I'm a retard, I used this and it worked just fine:
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-updating-from-rxtools-to-luma3ds.427735

Replace the folders for the cfws, update your menuhax to boot from it instead.

If on a9lh, just replace the folders

>Switch to luma.

What benefits does luma have that RX doesn't?

>that said, r4ds is too old and doesn't even work on DSi according to the chart

What card would you recommend instead

Since I do not have Menuxhax, should I install it first?

RX works on old kernel and is no longer updated.
Luma is guaranteed to keep working for a longer time, and allows you to do some cool things, like using out of region dlcs, update itself through the 3ds and more

Do it after, as to avoid anything being overwritten.

"easy"

>What benefits does luma have that RX doesn't?
Still being updated and being on a better kernel

>What card would you recommend instead
R4i Gold or SC DSTWO

Noone claimed that. It's of reasonable difficulty if you can read, follow instructions without skipping anything and have basic computer knowledge though

>>makes it compatible with most old ds flashcarts if you have one
Thats a thing now? How do I do that and does it take long?

Look at the flashcart chart posted in this thread, see if yours is compatible. You might have to update the firmware of the card in cases like SC DSTWO before it works.

>Hack my Old 3DS with Luma3DS
what now? I can't think of any games worth playing right now. Already played Monster Hunter to death and Pokemon sucks.

can i do it on 11.0.0?

This thread was obviously made to bait me into thinking DS Rom loading was finally a thing

Yes, but it's hard

Depends on what genre you are into. AA6 is pretty good for example

I've been looking into getting 3ds. Which firmwares are hackable?
Is n3ds worth it? It's almost double price of 3ds. How bad are fps drops?
If I hack 3ds do I need DS flashcart to run DS games?

what size on the sd card is recommended?

Ace Attorney 6, Shin Megumi Tensay 4: Apocalypse and Dragon Quest VII.

At least 16 gb, so you have some wiggle room. They are cheap these days.
I'd say get a 32 gb

is 64gb too much? i'd like alot of games

I'm on 32GB and I've long since ran out of space so yeah, if you are willing to get a 64, no reason not to.

What if I want to play games online, like Federation Force?

Unless you play like 10 games concurrently, it is kinda overkill, but there is no real issue.
Just make sure you check if the card/formatting and whatnot are safe

How much you think I could sell a limited edition Fire Emblem 3DS with Luma CFW and games for?

games range from 700MB to 4GB
you do the math

i have a 64 gb card
i literally have;

>Dragon Quest VII, HarmoKnight, EarthBound, Citizens of Earth, Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, Pokemon Art Academy, Pokemon Omega Ruby, Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, Tetris, Super Hexagon, a LttP rom hack, Syobon Action, Monster Hunter Generations, Kirby: Planet Robobo-bobo-bobo, Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam, Bit.Trip Saga, SMT Devil Survivor, SMT Devil Survivor 2, Mighty Gunvolt, Lego Jurassic World, SMT Soul Hackers, Mega Man Legacy Collection, Super Street Fighter IV, Senran Kagura Burst, Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies, Rhythm Heaven Megamix, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Harvest Moon A New Beginning, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Azure Striker Gunvolt, SMT4, Rayman Origins, Ace Attorney Trilogy, NSMB2: Gold Edition, Mario Party: Island Tour, Final Fantasy Explorers, Conception II, Cave Story, Sonic Generations, Sonic Lost World, Triforce Heroes, Ultimate NES Remix, Smash Bros 3D, Super Monkey Ball 3D, Star Fox 64 3D, Mario Kart 7, Bravely Second, BNHA, MH4U, Hyrule Warriors Legends, Fire Emblem Fates, Kirby: Triple Deluxe, Shovel Knight, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Persona Q, The Legend of Zelda, Kirby's Dream Land

installed with like 15,000 free blocks of space left

get you a 64gb card

N3ds has some additional features, especially post-hacking and generally better framerates.
You still need ds flashcarts for ds games, for now.

Up to 10.6 is easy, 10.7 requires games, 11+ requires hardmods or a second, already hacked 3ds

But I don't have any cables or hacking know-how. How am I supposed to crack my 3DS?

you literally only need an SD card

You can.

Okay. What do I do?

Get an sd card reader. If you have a n3ds, get a PH00 screwdriver too. Everything else just requires you to read and know how to copy files over

i'm not gonna fucking spoonfeed you, the guide is literally the 11th reply to this thread you fucking buffoon

>sd card reader
A what?

>get a PH00 screwdriver

No.

>Unbuntu

L33t H4xx0r

how hard we talking here

yeah let me just go ahead and spend more money on a second console that ill never ever use

Are you a girl?

I need to be spoonfed. The guide is too TL;DR.

If I were to do this what games would I play?
I've bought the few that interested me anyway.

resell it or gift it to someone else if you have no friends than can help you

>tfw too beta to install a9lh

I just know that I will fuck up. Also, I'm on a fucking 2DS which is even more unstable on 2.1

PLEASE. SOMEONE SPOONFEED ME. I DONT WANNA READ A DUMB GUIDE

It's as short as it can be right now. Skipping steps will only get you bricked

>the guide is too tl;dr

no amount of spoonfeeding is gonna fix your bricked 200$ console when you don't read or skip steps, so i guess you're not hacking then

Jay walking isn't illegal here.

No I don't speed.

I have never pirated anything.

Images aren't illegal if provided through a 'service' such as Google with permission and furthermore are still not illegal if the service provider doesn not have information about images provided without permission.

I support piracy as I believe in the free sharing of information, but I avoid breaking the law myself.

I did it on a n3ds without problems, the one the guide actually warns you to finish asap as sleepmode can brick it at that step if you close it mid-hack.

Is Luma3DS up to date? I don't feel like switching to a9lh

Which is why I need your help. Tell me what to do, and link me to any downloads. I refuse to use Google to look for me.

R4i Gold, nigga.

Shit's great.

Though luck, pay someone to do it for you if you are that lazy.

Yes, luma3ds emunand is as up to date as non-a9lh can be

I downloaded Guide_master.zip because the front page told me to. What do I do with it?

The guide that's linked multiple times in this thread already links you to any required downloads

kek

>on a CFW
>games for days
>3ds asks me to update
>no idea if I can just update freely since I didn't research how to maintain a cfw

Are there any important games besides Pokemon that aren't available on the freeshop? I can't really see anything else that's missing

Can I use a new SD card after al9h is installed as long as I have the old files? I think I'm maxed on space, but I've only got a 16 gig card for the 2DS I'm hacking for my brother.

You can safely update with a9lh.

Yes, do it from system settings and if still on emunand make doubly sure you are updating emunand, not sysnand

So where do I go first after getting to the github guide front page?

I thought freeshop just showed things that you already had the title key for. Did they change that?

Your self-sufficiency is admirable. Try step 1 on the sidebar.

You think people didn't immediately start collecting title keys for everything on the eshop?

My 3DS says it's version 11.1.0-34U. Is there a problem with that?

You can update. If you are using RXtools you shouldn't use that by the way then you should have RX-9.2 in the EMUNAND system settings, meaning that it's safe to update. In luma, I think you need to turn on an option to make it show that you're in emunand while you're in the system settings.

would the super mario 3d land new 3ds have pre 11.0 firmware?

Then what? I refuse to read an article that doesn't do everything for me.

Do it for me. Or else I'll scream and tell everybody you shoved me in class.

I don't care about any of that except for backups.
Can't a powersave backup too? It'd be cheaper than an extra 3ds

Why do you keep telling people to do it and make the knowledge more public? If I wake up to a day where freeshop and ciangel no longer work, I have to go back to 3dsiso for EVERYTHING, and I gotta use a spoofer for online, all because Nintendo caught on, I'm gonna blame your stupid ass.

I tried to do the luma update, but now it says it cannot load the payload

I wonder if you could just program two robot arms to follow the pleilact guide at this rate. We've got robots who can understand fear, so teaching them what a redNAND is shouldn't be too hard.

MOOOOOOMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! THE NERDS AREN'T LETTING ME INTO THEIR SECRET CLUB!!!! MAKE THEM LET ME!!!!

Probably not. Wait for first buyers to open theirs and plan to resell it unopened if it's 11.

Or just downgrade from 11.

How do you do it? My sister recently got her 3ds stolen with all her games, she wants a new one but lost like 20 games so this seems like a no brainer solution.

Switching sd's on a9lh is as simple as copying the files over

all these games on my 3DS yet I don't feel like playing them. I never had this problem on PSP or PS3.

What's the exact error message? Can you post the contents of your sd card root?

>downgrade from 11
i have a n3dsxl already, and i can't into soldering.

Don't feel like looking through all of these posts.

Here's my situation Cred Forums.

I have a N3DSXL that is at version 11.1

I also have a hacked O3DS which uses rxtools

Can I hack my N3DS at the moment?

I have a9lh as well, can I just flash my shitty 4gb card to a bigger one and it's all good? Nothing else required?

Does " 11.1.0-34U" still count as 11.1.0, or is it more?

Yes

i can't even be bothered to be honest.

buy ds games used for pratically nothing on the internet and i got such a big backlog on that since this is my first ds and i'm a rpgfag

drag and dropping them is enough, no flashing required

It does

How do I tell if I have a browser or not?

Pisses me off... I'm always upgrading the firmware at the wrong time. Its either wait a year or buy and play games again x3. Always making the wrong choice.

DO I HAVE A BROWSER!?!?

I haven't updated Luma3DS in a couple months. Can I just drag-and-drop, or do I need to configure something now that it has multiple emuNAND support?

Yes, it comes with 10.7.

do you have eyes?

Drag and drop or use lumaupdater. You will have to choose the settings in the luma menu again.

"Use the (A) button and the D-Pad to turn on the following:

"Autoboot SysNAND"
"Use SysNAND FIRM if booting with R (A9LH)"
"Show NAND or user string in System Settings"
"Show GBA boot screen in patched AGB_FIRM"
This may cause crashes for some injected GBA Virtual Consoles
If some games do not work properly, disable this option and try again

If you are using a New 3DS, you should also enable the following:

"New 3DS CPU" to "Clock+L2(x)"
This will increase the framerate of many games, but may cause instability in others
If some games do not work properly, disable this option and try again

Press Start to save and reboot"

Hello friend did you know that using free homebrew apps such as screen capture, play coins setter etc is in fact, not illegal?

I fixed it, I just needed to copy the HAX folder in the root of the SD cart.
So after I install it, do I just enter Luma through menuhax?

Thanks, user.

Is it possible to play a japanese DS cart?

I'm not using this guide. It's telling me I have to phyisically open up my 3DS to downgrade it

Yes. You can delete the rxtools folder after you confirmed it works

spot the 11.0 cuck

Well, I launched Luma from Menuhax but it looks just like when I boot rxtools. Any way to check I am indeed in Luma?
Should I erase the config file and do some extra settings this time?

Either way, installing Menuxhax and homebrew launcher was worth it even if this did not work

look in the settings, it shows a prefix before the firmware

how can my friend help me in this case?

yes, even without hacking

well i read it but that wiki seemded outdatet also it didn't cover the m3 ds real just the m3 simply
what is the method we use to make older flashcards work?
based on this it is supported
gbatemp.net/threads/r4-stage2-twl-flashcart-launcher-and-perhaps-other-cards-soon™.416434/

It just says ver. 10.3.0, no prefix.

>!!! IMPORTANT !!!
>!!! HOW TO GET RID OF THESE THREADS !!!

If you use Cred Forums X just add this line to your Comment filters:
/hack(?=.*3ds)/i; op:only; boards:v;
If you don't want to even see them in your hidden thread pile you can add "stub:no;".
If you instead for some reason really like these threads you can add "highlight;" and/or "top:yes;"

If you use the native extension:
>Settings
>Filters & Post Hiding (check the checkbox and save your settings, then go back here)
>[Edit]
>Add
>type (no quotation marks) "3ds hack" in Pattern, "v" in Boards, pick Comment as the Type, then click "Save"
Obviously you should also uncheck the box that says "Disable the native extension" in the first window.

There's now an exploit that uses Steel Diver Sub Wars, a free game.

Okay guys, I got a 64GB SD card and I have no idea what the guide says by MBR or Fat32. What should I do ? Please send help.

format it to fat32 you dumbfrogposter

WHEN CAN I PLAY DS ISOS ON MY 3DS?

Download this by clicking on the screenshot:
ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm
Select your microSD and format it with an Allocation Unit Size of 32768 or inferior
If it says "can't access the card" or whatever, restart your pc

Excuse me, I've tried looking up how to change the X+Y button prompt but I can't find an answer.

How do you do this?

11.0.0-33

>Don't worry guy it's easy
>If you have a second 3DS hacked.

Fuck you. This Hardmod bullshit is too long.

soon™

Thanks senpai you really helped me out.

I connected a charger while havking mine.. no brick? are you retarded?

>Hack my former Gateway N3DS to use A9LH/Luma instead
>System transfer my unhacked N3DSXL to it, because cannot afford to lose StreetPass Mii Plaza progress
>Wait a week, and transfer it back with Fieldrunners exploit
>Successfully do the firmware downgrade
>Successfully downgrade to 9.2
>Successfully downgrade to 2.1 and install A9LH
>Successfully restore all my shit back to 11.1
>Get to install sweet homebrew emulators like SNES9x for Old 3DS
>Get to overclock all games that didn't officially support N3DS
>Get to install GBA VC versions of Mega Man Battle Network, Castlevania, Mother 3 and more with no screen darked motion blur bullshit
>Get to dump my gamecards to .CIA and install them to the system, along with the save data, including my out of region games

It's fucking beautiful

Still a massive buyfag but this enables me to do the shit I really care about

My 3DS says it's version 9.4.0-21E, does that mean it doesn't have a browser? The guide got me pretty confused.

Okay guys, how hard is it to find an unopened N3DS in the EU?
The store near me has N3DS launch bundles (Monster Hunter 4 and Dragon Ball: Ultimate Butoden or smth), those have to be on hackable firmware, right?

I don't know too much and want to clarify things.
>Can I still play pirated shit online?
>Do I have any access to the eshop if a brand new game ever catches my eye?
>Do I need to order some special cart to play DS games?
>Will GBA Roms run off the SD?

Side note:
Is it easy to hack/mod your Wii U and would doing that still allow online play?

I have a normal 3ds and a hacked one. It's as OP says, it's really easy to do. There's one thing I don't get tho', why are these threads so common?

Your 3DS has a web browser you can use, you're in a good position to install A9LH.

All you need to do is do a web browser exploit to open the Homebrew Launcher, then follow some steps so you can install Menuhax which lets you open the Homebrew Launcher without the browser.
After that you'll follow some steps to downgrade your firmware to 9.2, and then downgrade it again to 2.1 whilst simultaneously backing up the 9.2 firmware.
Once you're on 2.1, you install the A9LH exploit, then restore the 9.2 backup with A9LH intact, configure the Luma custom firmware you installed, and update the firmware to 11.1 with all hacks intact.
Finally you do a Health & Safety app injection so you can actually install the shit you want.

If they're N3DS *launch* bundles, they should definitely have 9.0 on them? You should be able to look up which bundles have which firmware.

Is there a fucking reason why I keep getting errors when I try to update my emunand to the newest update?

Yes
Yes
Yes, you'll need a flashcart, since most DS games save to the cart 1 slot, and not the SD. However, some guys are looking for ways to circumvent this.
I think there's a GBA emu, not sure though. You can play the VC titles, though

Yes you can play pirated copies online. Tested with smash bros (which relies on you nnid) and monster hunter(which doesn't) and both work.

If you really want access to the eshop, you update like normal(with al9h its possible and you wont lose cfw), or use the homebrew that comes in the starter kit.

Yes, you still need a less than $20 flashcart to play pirated ds games at the moment

GBA roms can be run off SD, but they won't run well on an old 3ds without injecting them into a virtual console game

>If they're N3DS *launch* bundles, they should definitely have 9.0 on them? You should be able to look up which bundles have which firmware.
I have no clue actually! I only found one of these threads on GBATemp, and it said not all of these bundle 3DS-es are made equal, since they had differing firmware in the 9.x region.
The store says the bundle was released in May, not February, like the wiki says, however (these may be US dates, though, not sure.)

>Can I still play pirated shit online?
Yes. Pirates games installed to the SD card cannot be detected as pirated by Nintendo.
>Do I have any access to the eshop if a brand new game ever catches my eye?
On Luma3DS/A9LH yes you do, you can safely be on the latest firmware. Better yet, you can just install freeShop to literally download games from Nintendo's eShop for free because of a massive blunder with authentication.
>Do I need to order some special cart to play DS games?
For now yes, you need to get a DS flashcart. Most will work on the 3DS these days, you can make sure they work by using Luma3DS too.
>Will GBA Roms run off the SD?
You can either use an emulator like mGBA or Libretro cores, or use GBA VC injected titles. Either you can install as a program to run from the SD card and then read ROMs off the SD card if need be.

3DS is region locked so no

DS games aren't region locked dude.
Only DSi-enhanced games were ever region locked, Pokémon Black 2/White 2, Pokémon Conquest, Sonic Classic Collection, etc.

>Yes you can, I played smash and mh gen this way
>Yes you can, you can even use an app called freeshop to access whatever you want. There's also typical downloads of cia files from megalinks
>There's rumors of ds emulation finally happening, but other than that, you can get a gateway
>GBA games can run off the sd, but the process to get that set up is pretty tedious. The resolution for said gba games is pretty wonky too, unless you're on a 3dsxl.

From what I've heard, getting loadline setup on your wiiu isn't too complicated, but you have to reset it for every game. Don't know about online.

At the top of the screen look for that blue icon that says internet.
If you try to open it and you get a message saying "This browser is no longer supported", then you fucked up and need another method to get homebrew

The only DS carts that are region locked are the ones that are advertised to have DSi extra features (since DSi was also region locked).
This includes Pokemon Black and a few others.

Being a lazy faggot and still using emunand is one of the reasons.

>Download Fire Emblem Fates Eur version from Freeshop
>I can't seem to download the DLC
Huh.

I should have been more specific then, pokemon black is the one im wondering about

If I have an original CycloDS, will it work on my hacked 3DS?

That means nobody has shared encrypted titlekeys for the EU FE:Fates dlc.

The US dlc has their keys shared though.

I guess that's why the undubbed eur version didn't want to install any DLC.

I'll guess I'll go with the american version.

You can also just get the CIAs for the special edition and the DLC from somewhere, no need to muck around with Freeshop.

>finally hack my 3ds
>download a bunch of games I missed out on
>over the course of two weeks I finished ONE

I wish I had as much time as I used to.

Thank you, kind anons.
Is there just one universal flash cart or different kinds?

Thankfully, I have a N3DS XL for fixing GBA game resolutions so that's good to hear.

Actually, I did downloaded the cias for both the special edition and the dlc but the system didn't want to recognize the dlc, and the undubbed fates also didn't appear in the freeshop unlike all my other games that I had installed through cia.

So it was probably bugged or something.

Strictly speaking, there's different kinds, but most of them are just clones with Wood, so I'll narrow it down.
You can either get a basic R4i Gold, which'll just play your games (goes for around 15 dollars), or a Supercard DSTwo, which is the most updated flashcart still, and has a bunch of extra shit, but it'll cost you around...40 bucks, I think?
Supercard doesn't have clones, but boy, R4i has a FUCKTON, so check for the r4ids.cn label on the cart you wanna buy. It's the "original" one (the original original R4i is long dead and ditched). I'd recommend using nds-card.com, I had no issues with them so far. Packing was a bit shite, but the card worked, no issues.

All right I opened the Homebrew Launcher and I have to download other files, do I have to delete the data on the SD card for every step of the process or is it a mistake?

Unless the guide tells you to, do not delete files.

>getting on a list for Nintendo to fuck up in the future

I'm good.

>have to constantly update cfw and other shit

no thanks

A few kids that lurk around here feel like elites for stealing games and want us to see how badass they are.

Most of them are rich kids already though.

So I was trying to go from RX tools to Luma and followed the guide exactly

It says "an error occurred while loading the payload" when I try to load it up

Any suggestions

sorry I'm not a thief so I don't have of these problems :)

if I'm on v11 and don't have access to a second 3DS, is there any way to downgrade?

is my only real option to get a sky3ds and just play games off that?

your 3ds is fucked.

I have not updated since last February and can play the newest releases

When I hacked my 3ds I had rxtools something something emunand and it worked fine.

Then I wanted to pirate the new rhythm heaven game and it didn't work and I was told to go luma.

Fuck all that shit.

I thought about doing this, then I remembered there were no games I wanted to play on such shitty outdated hardware.

The only good games on the 3DS are
>Monster Hunter
>Pokémon
>Zelda
>Rhythm Heaven
>Kid Icarus
>(maybe) Etrian Odyssey

That's it.

Might as well buy these to see more of them in the future.

Assuming you downloaded the latest stable version of Luma, make sure the following are in the right place:

•Arm9loaderhax.bin(root)
•Luma3Ds.bin(root)
•A folder called "luma"(root) if you don't have one make one,also inside the luma folder create anoughter folder called "payloads"
•Put the Luma3DS folder that has a .3dsx file inside the "3ds" folder (where you put all your hbl applications)

If you're using menuhax/browserhax/any other *hax that displays the Homebrew Launcher, also copy the contents of the hax folder to the root of the SD.

If you are using menuhax and want to boot Luma3DS directly without a boot manager/the Homebrew Launcher, also copy the boot.3dsx from the menuhax folder to the root of the SD, overwriting the existing one.

If you're using browserhax without the Homebrew Launcher, or the mset (System Settings) hack, also copy the Luma3DS.dat from the mset-spider folder to the root of the SD.

If you're using the mset (System Settings) hack, also copy the Luma3DS.nds from the mset folder to the SD of your DS flashcart, and run it to install the ROP.

Fire Emblem too, but seriously the 3DS look like something from 10 years ago.

You can still update the emunand in RXtools(aka, the system emulating the latest firmware from Nintendo).
They just advise against it cause RXtools is no longer updated and nintendo may patch it.

Try holding select while starting luma to see if you can enter the configuration menu. Just having ver means eaither you are on sysnand or it's not yet set up to show the prefix.

Look if the folders are in the right place. Another guy in this thread had the same problem as you. When in doubt, make a screenshot of your root

Press the combination once to enter the ntr menu. Select "Set hotkey"

I'm on an old version of Luma and Rythm Heaven is the only game I can't get to work. I've tried different cias including cryptofixed ones and they all stall at the 3DS logo when you first boot it up.

I've given up. Just gonna wait for the EU version and hope that I can play it then.

Many thanks, setting the hotkey will be nice.

I tell you one thing, I'm SO tired of Nintendo releasing games months later in Europe.

I really, really hope the NX is region free.

You don't have to, but newer versions usually have more features.

Just remember that it will reset if you shut the console off completely

Pressing select brings up the config menu
(Default emunand, screen brightness, Autonoot SYSNAD etc).
So I guess it works up to that extent

Then you should be alright, but set the settings as in This will also fix it to show the prefix in the system settings

It now says Emu- 10.3

I chose in the Luma settings to show the Nand/User string.

So I guess it works now

Anyone willing to sell their hacked 3ds? I'm too much of a lazy faggot to do it myself.

That's fine, now I know.

It's the worst. I remember we got the Bravely Default games a few months earlier than NA though, and that was before everyone's 3DS was hacked and region free. It felt good to actually be able to discuss a game early and not have to worry about accidentally seeing spoilers for once.

You will have to redo it again in a month anyway, shit changes all the time

It is so fucking liberating to be able to go into CFW without having to actually access the internet (Gateway, RXTools).

Thank you user for making these threads and the helpful anons who posted tips.

For you guys that are deep in the modding scene, is it possible we may someday get a NES/SNES/GENESIS emulator for the 3DS, with netplay? I know it's silly to compare the two, but after modding my OG xbox and installing emulators, I noticed both the NES and SNES emulators had netplay options.

I would love to chill in bed and play some Secret of Mana with a friend.

There was only one change that required you to "redo" it, the switch from emunand to a9lh.

The next big change will be a9lh without the 2.1 downgrade, won't change anything for everyone already on a9lh but will make it easier for everyone else.

The a9lh without 2.1 downgrade is N3DS only, for what its worth.

too afraid I'll brick my 3ds

Are you trying to do it over system settings? Are you on an old cfw?

Its fairly safe right now. If you follow the guide carefully, youre extremely unlikely to brick and even then most bricks are the users fault.

The guy working on it disapperaed and its dead, not gonna happen. Just buy a DSTwo if you're desperate.

But really, DS games look like shit on 3DS due to the rescaling algorithm and washed out colors.
You're much better off getting a dirt cheap DSi for DS games instead.

>First time I made this thread
I think you mean first time you made this thread this particular way.

You can keep changing how your OP is done and take a new picture every time. But as long as you talk about modding a 3DS, it's piss easy to take out of the archive.

these threads make me feel like a complete retard for spending $100 on 3ds games recently, but im at version 11 so i couldn't hack my galaxy 3ds even if i wanted to

Believe what you want, that guy isn't me

the fact I'm able to brick it all simply by misreading a guide (english is not my first language so it's likely) means I'm not risking it. I'll just wait until the Citra emulator is out.

If I updated to the newest firmware I'm SOL, do I have that right? I updated when AA6 came out

Not SOL, but your options are limited to 2 hard ways to downgrade

Fraid so. 11.1 firmware downgrades are a bitch.

I did it, but it was only possible for having an already hacked N3DS to work with.

The constant threads about this are getting weird. I can't even call it shilling because who is gaining anything from this. So I'm left wondering why anyone cares this much about other people hacking their 3DS.

So far the argument seems to be "hack your 3DS to play hundreds of games to punish Nintendo for not making good games!!!"

This thread is literally telling you how it's good even if you never pirate though

how do i get free games on my 3ds

which ds version do i buy if i dont want to spend 200 dollars on 3ds

I haven't played any handheld ever. Is it worth getting a 3DS?

Look at this chart to see if you'd be interested in any of the games

my.mixtape.moe/uejmoe.jpg

Install A9LH/Luma, run an app called freeShop.

>Nah dude just like buy another 3ds to hack your current 3ds

Well, you decided to update to the most current firmware. Not our fault ou decided to close yourself off from the easier exploits

Talented programmer here, I wanna look into fixing the slowdown issue in English version of DQ7 3DS as well as restoring item icons in stores, but can't find a decent link for the Japanese rom.

Can anyone help me out? All I find is shit like the game split into 15 rapidgator links which have daily limit and go at silky smooth 10 kb/s

I need Jap rom to compare exactly what changed.

So apparently hacking the 3ds doesn't work for updates 11.0.0 and 11.1.0? Will it be possible in the future or is the protection too strong?

look on 3dsiso or in freeshop

I think your best bet is to download the game using freeShop, and then dump the downloaded title using Braindump.
gbatemp.net/threads/braindump-userland-game-dumping.407332/

I'm not 100% sure Braindump is the current best solution for dumping installed games, especially if you have full access.

Its only sort of possible right now. 11.0 took a big step in preventing downgrades. As for the future, its hard to say. Maybe, but its unlikely.

>So apparently hacking the 3ds doesn't work for updates 11.0.0 and 11.1.0?

It doesn't, but not without another 3ds or soldering.

there may be some future exploit, but that's hard to predict

I already checked Chaos and 3DSISO and couldn't find Jap version on a host that didn't require paying to download.

I really would rather avoid this.

It was only possible to downgrade to 9.2 firmware from 9.3 to 10.7 firmware. 11.x fixed this exploit.

You need to be on 9.2 to carry out the full A9LH installation because of the major exploits in it.

However, if you can system-transfer an exploited DSiWare title to an 11.x system, you can use that to make the downgrade to 9.2 possible.
I actually did this recently.

Try 3DSISO like the other guy said then.
I'm interested in the DQ7 menu and slowdown fixes myself.

Why can't you read?

>I already checked Chaos and 3DSISO
>and 3DSISO

WHERE

IS

RIVER

CITY

TOKYO

RUMBLE

Thanks guys. Is it hard to transfer the data? Some anons said it's a pain apparently.

It's a lot of waiting and it carries the usual risk that if you mess up a step you might softbrick or not be able to carry out the exploit.

There's two approaches you can take.

1. Straight up system transfer from hacked 3DS (with the exploited DSiWare title) to the 3DS you wanna hack, overwriting anything on the 3DS you wanna hack.
You can backup most save data using JK's Save Manager and the proper setup, but system save data for system titles like StreetPass Mii Plaza and Mii Maker cannot be backed up.
Once you finish this approach and fully hack your 3DS, you can re-link your NNID and redownload anything you had bought on the eShop, and restore save data with JK's Save Manager.

2. Transfer the system from the unhacked 3DS to the hacked 3DS. Everything will be intact on the hacked 3DS, you'll be able to use hacks in the mean time. Wait one week, and transfer back to the unhacked 3DS with the necessary exploited DSiWare title.
You can then carry out the exploit and keep everything the way it was before, all your software and save data will be in place, you might just need to restore your home menu layout.

In either scenario, the hacked 3DS you start with will lose its current NAND installation, which is why you need to back it up first and restore it after you're done setting things up.
The NNID on that hacked 3DS will not be usable however unless you call Nintendo.

>connect a charger while hacking it to brick it
wtf I hacked mine while it was under charge

It's written awkwardly, it means you SHOULD connect a charger because the battery running out in the middle of the hack is about the worst thing that can happen

I want to convert my Gateway .sav files for my A9LH with Luma but I already sold Gateway.
Is there any way I can do it without the red Gateway card or am I fucked?

>Before we begin the tutorial, it is CRUCIAL that you know/have experience soldering. There are many videos on YouTube on how to solder, and I will link a few at the end of this guide. Soldering takes practice to learn and get the hang of, so don't just blindly jump into modding without a solid understanding of soldering, because most likely YOU WILL BREAK YOUR DEVICE
Yeah, fuck off.

>have everything installed and running
>arm9lh whatever its called
>using luma
>pokemon isnt working for some reason so decide to update sysnand
>power on
>the screens wont even turn on
like this isnt even black screen of death bullshit
the screens dont even light up, i cant even get the network light to shine, i have nothing
help
i was told updating sysnand would be safe once luma was on
removing my sd card and games has no effect

What's the best version of doom to run on homebrew?

The PrBoom port is okay, but I got way too used to the silky smooth sourceports on pc and having to go back is turning me off. Are there any retroarch cores that run it well? If not then at least show me a port WITH AUDIO so I can at least go fast shooting demons with glorious MIDIs playing in the background

>streaming without capture card or hardmods

I get a shitty framerate and the colors are all washed out.

I fucked up at the "Downgrade" part. I followed the instructions, I launched the Homebrew Launcher, then the downgrade operation. I left my 3ds and when I came back the screen was black. I tried turning the console on and off, the screen stays black, except when I turn it off, but the menu screen won't open.
The 3ds works normally when I removed my SD card though. Any ideas on what I should do ?

You're a retard and didn't follow the Plailect guide correctly, most likely forgot to configure Luma.
Power on while holding Select and make sure that Autoboot SysNAND is checked and Default EmuNAND is set to 1.
Also once you're on A9LH you literally can't turn it on without SD card inside anymore because it loads the system and payloads from there. So what you're trying to do is basically like trying to turn on PC without HDD in it.

that's why people recommend to find a second 3ds instead

Try this maybe?
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/3gm0t1/converting_sav_to_cia_without_gateway/

Never had a gateway so i can't confirm if it works

Format the card and start over?

I know very little about Doom. All I know is on the Wii, the latest port is Chocolate DOOM. It finally support sound and a wider variety of games, but has no full support for any controller other than the original Classic Controller.

I do have an excuse, my 3ds refuses to downgrade
Everytime i start the downgrade it just restarts and nothing happens
So fuck off op

It depends on the game, can be anything between 20fps-40fps. There is also hardmods that likely can deliver better framerates, but they aren't cheap

I have not, thanks for the link user, will try it now.

I still need someone to spoonfeed me Japanese rom for DQ7 though so I can look into fixing the menus and slowdowns.

Mate I'm talking about the 3DS homebrew ports, but thanks anyway. Chocolate doom is pretty sweet, no pun intended

I had to retry for half an hour until it worked, on n3ds. though that was a long while ago, might be more stable now.

The first downgrade is the hardest part since you are racing the firmware to get into a vulnerability.

Well nevermind, that guide does still fucking require Gateway and Gateway NAND. What a fucking misleading title.

You could try requesting it on 3dsiso, there is a forumpart for that. Or as we said, freeshop

I have tried for days, using multiple guides and everything.
Ive given up and not willing to buy another 3ds just for piracy

Guess you shouldn't have been so quick to sell it.

Man, should I just buy a N3DS and hack that, then transfer some my 11.0 N3DS to that?
I already intend to sell a few things for some extra spending money, anyway.

I've seen people getting steady 60FPS in NSMB2 and I'm getting between 19 - 24 FPS

Haven't tampered with the settings, though.

Yeah, maybe the guy who did Chocolate DOOM for Wii will be interested in making a 3DS port.

>yfw there is no 3Doom

Yeah I realized I fucked up the second I read online that Gateway saves are encrypted. Oh well.

>power on while holding select
thats the thing i cant even get to that part
and for luma ive had to always boot into it using menuhax

That's certainly an option, provided the N3DS you get has an exploitable firmware.

It's possible to buy an 11.x N3DS now. Pretty sure all Galaxy Style N3DSXLs are 11.x

Make sure you have arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of your SD card, as well as a /luma/ folder with the necessary contents.

My N3DS isn't hacked and my R4 works fine

Ah, I meant to buy a pre-11.x N3DS. Soldering just is not an option for me, and I'd rather get one hacked sooner rather than later.

>menuhax
When you're using A9LH, then you're not supposed to use Menuhax.

I have no idea what the fuck are you even doing at this point.

Make sure you take a look at the serial number and compare t with firmeware lists to make sure it's pre 11.0 then

Sounds good. This is gonna be my first foray into the hacking scene. Hope I don't fuck up too badly.

For me it started with the wii. It turned it from a dust collector into one of my favorite consoles

enjoy your brick tard

I was thinking of selling my Wii U. I literally haven't touched it since the the last Smash DLC characters were added. Smash was fucking ruining me, and I'm glad I dropped that shit.

Well I got some questions;

1. Would you recommend me to format my 3DS before downgrading it to 9.2 just from the settings menu or using TinyFormat? Also is it necessary to have the SD card into the console when doing it or not? And exactly which data is erased? Will the saves of my physical games be safe after formatting?

2. Can I just overwrite all the files from the original 4GB SD card to a 32GB SD card after finishing the modification process?

3. Is it safe and recommended to upgrade to the newest firmware (11.1.0-34) after finishing? What if I need to downgrade for updating or changing the hacking applications in a near future?

4. Is Socket Punch currently the best method for installing CIAs? Also can I use the FBI from the Plailect's guide to get it working? Or it is strictly necessary that special FBI from the GBAtemp forum?

But can I play online with this?

>1. Would you recommend me to format my 3DS before downgrading it to 9.2 just from the settings menu or using TinyFormat? Also is it necessary to have the SD card into the console when doing it or not? And exactly which data is erased? Will the saves of my physical games be safe after formatting?
Absolutely not. If you follow the guide correctly, at the end of it you'll have the A9LH exploit running your current 3DS setup with Luma3DS running on top.
There is no need to format your 3DS at all.

>2. Can I just overwrite all the files from the original 4GB SD card to a 32GB SD card after finishing the modification process?
Yes, you can move your SD card contents from a 4GB SD card over to a 32GB SD card. You can even do 64GB or 128GB if you correctly format them.

>3. Is it safe and recommended to upgrade to the newest firmware (11.1.0-34) after finishing? What if I need to downgrade for updating or changing the hacking applications in a near future?
The guide will actually instruct you to update to the newest firmware (11.1) after you finish installing A9LH and restoring the 9.2 NAND you backed up during the "CTR Transfer".

>4. Is Socket Punch currently the best method for installing CIAs? Also can I use the FBI from the Plailect's guide to get it working? Or it is strictly necessary that special FBI from the GBAtemp forum?
Never heard of Socket Punch before. From a cursory search it looks like you actually use Socket Punch to send CIA files to FBI over a local network, so it can install stuff that way.
That's one way to use FBI, but another would be to just put the CIA files you wish to install on the 3DS' SD card.
FBI is ultimately the best way to install CIAs currently.

>1. Would you recommend me to format my 3DS before downgrading it to 9.2 just from the settings menu or using TinyFormat? Also is it necessary to have the SD card into the console when doing it or not? And exactly which data is erased? Will the saves of my physical games be safe after formatting?

Use tinyformat. Over the settings menu you will ikely fuck up your nnid and not be able to visit the eshop anymore. Happened to me since i used an early guide. Not hard to fix, but avoidable with tinyformat.

Tinyformat only formats the and, the rest of the sd card stays intact. The saves on physical cartridges are unaffected, but saves on the sd card are unaccessible until you restore that nand. Follow the guide closely and back up when it asks you to, so you don't lose access for good.

>2. Can I just overwrite all the files from the original 4GB SD card to a 32GB SD card after finishing the modification process?

Yes. If you went all the way to a9lh you can just copy it over. If you are just on emunand you need to extract the emunand and inject it on the new card.

>3. Is it safe and recommended to upgrade to the newest firmware (11.1.0-34) after finishing? What if I need to downgrade for updating or changing the hacking applications in a near future?

Yes. Always update over system settings. If you are worried about future downgrades, just make a backup of the nand before updating.

>4. Is Socket Punch currently the best method for installing CIAs? Also can I use the FBI from the Plailect's guide to get it working? Or it is strictly necessary that special FBI from the GBAtemp forum?

Socketpunch or QR-codes are the easiest way to install a cia. Plailect guide is updated regulary and should almost always be up to date. but you can also look on the github page for FBI and compare version number. The current FBI has an updater build in, so even if it's an older version (unless it's really old) you can update directly in FBI

Give me a retard-proof method of downgrading and hacking an 11.0.0 n3DSXL and I'll be more than happy to.

well im on version 11.0xxx or someshit, is there a way to turn off auto updates? so in the future I can brew it easier

There are no autoupdates on 3ds. It will download updates, but you still have to manually start them

Has anyone attempted to find a method to allow o3ds to stream as well or is it really NOT possible to do whatsoever?

The dev ragequit, so it's not likely

Okay, so ALL Galaxy New 3DSXLs are firmware 11.0 and higher, right?

I'm looking to buy a New 3DS, so Galaxy is out of the question?

I downgraded my 3DS to 9.2.0 but it won't start up if the SD card is inside
What do

> There is no need to format your 3DS at all.
Well, I asked this because according to what I've read in some websites after some researching there is a small probability of getting a soft brick after downgrading to 9.2 if one doesn't format the 3DS before (yes, even following the correct steps).

> Never heard of Socket Punch before. From a cursory search it looks like you actually use Socket Punch to send CIA files to FBI over a local network, so it can install stuff that way.
I'm new to the 3DS scene and don't know much about this, but for what I know Socket Punch allows to install CIAs without duplicating it's space on the SD card, so it only takes the real and necessary game space and nothing else. It seems pretty cool.

Thank you!

> Socketpunch or QR-codes are the easiest way to install a cia. Plailect guide is updated regulary and should almost always be up to date. but you can also look on the github page for FBI and compare version number. The current FBI has an updater build in, so even if it's an older version (unless it's really old) you can update directly in FBI
Yeah, but on GBAtemp there is a Socket Punch thread where they recommend to install the FBI build of wjchen, so I guess I should install it instead of the one from the Plailect's guide?

Thanks!

This is the one i use:
gbatemp.net/threads/release-socketpunch-fbi-network-cia-installer-for-android-pc.412174/
github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases

Not sure if there are others and if they are better

I'm pretty sure that hint in his op post is outdated, i never had problems using the normal fbi build

Why do I get a black screen when starting Smash Bros? Do I need to update my 3DS or Luma?

Now that smaller n3DS is available at Target in burgerland

What are the differences from/with the small n3DS and n3DS XL? Besides the custom plates.

Can't hurt

Fuck and its too late to buy the N3ds now

Thanks for the info

Doesn't cost a damn thing except buying a MicroSD for your 3DS for the games/hacking. It's literally free. How the shit is it shilling? op's not marketing/selling anything.

Customplates, size. Not much else

today my 3ds suddenly decided that every game I have will be a gift everytime I turn it on. has anyone had this problem? my save files seems to be ok but it worries me

Yes, that's the thread I was referring to. But now I think it should be better to use the newest FBI from the Plailect's guide, since the FBI build of wjchen is considered as an old sending method.

I got a last question. In case I use TinyFormat, what are exactly the settings or things that get formatted on the NAND? The demos are saved on the SD card, right? And how is that the formatting option from the settings menu can result in being unable to visit the eShop anymore? I don't have any modification on my 3DS right now.

Emunand or a9lh?

Sounds like your sysnand and emunand aren't properly unlinked

The guide refers to an emplacement called /3ds/ but I don't really know what it means. Is it just the 3ds folder or is it more complicated?

>N3ds now

Are you saying all N3ds have firmware 11 or higher?

on the sysNAND* I meant.

>In case I use TinyFormat, what are exactly the settings or things that get formatted on the NAND?

It's as if you'd set up a new 3ds. all the games and saves won't be accessible since they are linked to your old nand. The guides that involved tinyformat have you backup your nand beforehand so you can then restore access later.

From what i see at first glance the current guide doesn't involve tinyformat anymore. Why are you planning to format in the first place?

>And how is that the formatting option from the settings menu can result in being unable to visit the eShop anymore?

It won't properly unlink your NNID. I'm not sure on the exact specifics, but basically you get an error when you enter eshop

I'm at the end of step 1, in 9.2.0 and trying to get Decrypt9WIP to work, but every time I start up the Homebrew Launcher it freezes.
Here's my root, Decrypt9WIP contents are inside the 3ds folder.

It's the 3ds folder.

If it's sysnand you are formating it won't affect any games on emunand. That step is just there to unlink them so you don't get installation issues.

What's the exploit you are using to enter the homebrew launcher? Is the starterpack you are using the most recent?

I'm using this one github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Homebrew-Launcher-(Browser)
After retrying twice it decided to work though. Thanks anyway.

Browserhax is really unstable on 9.2. Menuhax is more reliable

What do you mean? I didn't have any problems with it.
Also the Homebrew Launcher is assigned to down on D-pad at launch so you shouldn't need to do it more than once.

> From what i see at first glance the current guide doesn't involve tinyformat anymore. Why are you planning to format in the first place?
Because according to what I've read on some forums there is a small probability of get a soft brick after downgrading to 9.2, even following the correct steps through the process. But don't you think it is really necessary to format then? I wouldn't like to end up with a soft brick. Also, do you know why isn't PlaiSysUpdater included in the Plailect's guide? Isn't it supposed to be the best current option for downgrading to 9.2?

> If it's sysnand you are formating it won't affect any games on emunand. That step is just there to unlink them so you don't get installation issues.
I don't have an emuNAND right now.

I mean it can often take several tries to start. I've especialyl noticed that on o3ds

>small probability of get a soft brick after downgrading to 9.2

Seems plailects guide mentions that as well.

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Downgrade

If you have ambassador games or are really paranoid about softbricks i guess it can't hurt, but as i said it will make you lose access to games and saves.

I assume PlaiSysUpdater is outdated, the guide recommends sysDowngrader instead

There's nothing to play on that pos besides DQ 7, DQ 8, and SMT IV + Apocalypse, and two of those are better on older consoles. Fuck off with your shilling.

I... dont know? I have Luma, if it answers your question

>ftbrony
>Not using superior FTPD
Enjoy your file corruption

im getting constant error has occurred messages while playing monster hunter gen. maybe a bum download i got? i used jksm and saved the extdata for my files there. if i were to delete it from fbi and then redownload it off freeshop. would i be ok? never imported a save from jksm so i just wanna be sure i used the right settings and whatnot.

How recent did you hack it? Did it involve another downgrade to 2.1?

As long as you backed the save data up you can reinstall and then restore the save

DS software looks like shit on the 3DS so I've just gone back to my DS unless I want to play a 3DS game.
But yeah it's hacked I guess.

I pretty much only played the AA games on it, didn't look bad to me.

>Reminder that there is no excuse not to hack your 3ds even if you are a buyfag
That would be true, but I was a dumbass and updated to 11.1 and I don't trust myself hardmoding. I don't know what to do bros. I want free vidya

Not him but I can also confirm DS games look like trash on 3DS. That's why I'm keeping my DSi until I'm done with my DS backlog.

But can you play online?

Sell it to someone on ebay and get a new one.

>The same thread every day
Fuck off shill. There,s a general about it on /vg/, to get the fuck out.

Of course, and as long as you use CIA there is 0 risk of ban since Nintendo can't tell a difference between legit and pirate CIA as there isn't one in the files.

when i try to do the save data option in jksm for monster hunter it says eror opening save archive. im able to do extdata options though and made a save through that. do you know what the difference between the two is and why i cant select the first option?

Why would anyone shill a free method of getting free shit?
At least understand what the words you say fucking mean instead of spouting buzzwords.

Get
The
Fuck
Off
To
/vg/

Kill yourself.

Monster hunter stores the saves in extdata, backing that up is enough

I am not poor and I like supporting companies who are not jews. In this case Nintendo.

Get the fuck off to the /hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

I never really saw the big deal with XL screens either, but others will say it looks disgusting when upscaled. Guess different people have different tolerance

>Do the same
>after 1.5 months, still only played through oras with 10 games sitting at 1-2 hrs each waiting.
Some wont make it

Noone stops you from hacking, using all the extra non-piracy features and still supporting Nintendo.

The XL's bigger pixel size is nearly identical to the DS pixel size, meaning 1:1 pixel mode is pretty much perfect. Just have to deal with the fact the DS screens were so much smaller than the 3DS screens.

I'm not even talking about XL.
3DS XL models look like shit in general and I will never understand why people like them, you've got the same resolution for games but as much lower PPI meaning much bigger pixels meaning much bigger jaggies.
XLs just look like utter shit.

I'm saying that DS looks like shit on all 3DS models, be it regular or XL, because whatever form of emulation it's using has blurring filter applied and the colors are also much worse and washed out.

Is the 3DS screen big enough for 2x?

As a poorfag I dont know if I should buy this or a Wii U in Black Friday.

> Seems plailects guide mentions that as well.
Yep, although he doesn't mention anything about using TinyFormat, so I guess it should be ok to just format from the settings menu.

> I assume PlaiSysUpdater is outdated, the guide recommends sysDowngrader instead
Yeah, now I noticed that the last PlaiSysUpdater release was uploaded to github on August 8, and the last sysDowngrader release is from 28 days ago, so it makes sense that PlaiSysUpdater isn't the one included in the guide.

Thanks!

great thanks.

this shits too complicated

would pay someone to do it for me though because I'm lazy

The colors still are washed out, 1:1 mode or not.
And obviously using 1:1 mode non Non-XL 3DS is out of question since then you get microscopic image.
And since XL 3DS has 3DS games looking like shit, it makes it a no brainer that the optimal option is to just have non-XL 3DS and a DSi instead.

when you delete a game from fbi what is the difference between delete title and delete title and ticket?

>Yep, although he doesn't mention anything about using TinyFormat, so I guess it should be ok to just format from the settings menu.

I can tell you from personal experience that formating from system settings is a bad idea, even if plailect guide doesn't mention what to format with. But if you are that intend on not using tinyformat nobody can stop you.

I assume deleting ticket as well would mean that the eshop doesn't recognize it as purchased anymore

That's probably just variances in all consumer grade LCDs. It looked like shit on the original hardware as well, just brighter shit so you liked it more. Just as people tend to prefer blue-tinged screens over orange-tinged screens even though both are just as inaccurate.

Can you play online with hacked games (ie Pokemon trading)?

Nah man, it's a fact that DSi had more saturated screens. 3DS have worse quality screens with worse saturation, you don't notice it with 3DS games since you have nothing to compare against but when comparing the same DS game directly on both at the same time it becomes immediately obvious. So it's not a matter of brightness but color saturation.

And like I said, I will never approve of XL 3DS simply due to garbage PPI that makes the already jaggy as hell 3DS games look even more jaggy.

Nintendo engineer ehre

I have one thing to tell you

"no"

or the long answer

"noooooooooo"

Alright then, but which are the files that I'll can remove from my SD card after formatting the NAND with TinyFormat? I mean if there will be files which won't be recognized anymore by the 3DS I don't think I should keep them, right?

yes

Ebin meme nintoddler.

Do the guide until the end, then it should tell you what you can delete.

Are you angry, sonypony? I enjoy good games while you are only left with memeborne.

an o3ds I was letting someone borrow got up'd to 11.0 so I have to wait on that, but i do have two hacked n3ds's. Goddamned shame you can't transfer backwards. At least I have supermysterychunk going.

what are some good games on this thing that arent shitty jrpgs?

Ok. Would you recommend me to launch Homebrew through BrowserHax for using TinyFormat, or would be better to install and use MenuHax instead? For what I know BrowserHax is pretty unstable with exploits.

All I ended up using it for was playcoin abuse. Ntr was busted back when I wanted it. Is there a playcoinsetter cia with an actual banner? Also is there a cia for messing with steps taken?

i was REALLY looking forward to hacking my 3ds. i had bought it at 11.0, (shit) and i found out about hard modding.
but as soon as i found out, the next day my right hinge piece broke off and the screen's ribbon cable got damaged leaving a white haze on my screen. What should i do? save up for the NX or get a new 3ds XL?

So I want to buy a N3ds XL

Which one has the lowest firmware?

i think the 3d land bundle has the lowest.
thank god you know, don't make the same mistake as me

dammit I already played that game (And it was shit)

I don't want to pay extra for a bundle that is worthless.

Is that the only option?

i got you nigga

It's 150 at target because it's not an xl. I have huge hands but the only thing i've got against this after years of 3ds xl and n3ds xl is that the stylus feels like tiny garbage, everything else about it is great or better.

actually here's a better link: reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4pmpgb/new_3ds_serial_firmware_list/

thanks

wait wait, I wanted a N3DS XL, not the regular N3DS.

Are you saying N3DS XL is worse than the original N3DS?

The program to hack your 3ds using a copy of smash brothers only ran in linux. Which was retarded.

>>screenshots without miiverse

I never figured out how to make NTR work and gave up. Any other way to do it with Luma3DS?

You install NTR and then you launch it from your 3DS home menu screen like any other app/game.
You need to relaunch it every time you turn off your 3DS as NTR is a "temporary" CFW.
Then you just press x+y to open NTR's menu and there you can bind your keys for screenshots etc.

I use Start + Select

When I tried it kept giving me an error message and kicking me back to Home screen.

ok ok look here.
not the guy you replied to but...
FUCK THE XL SYSTEMS.
the screen hinge clicks way too hard on the right hinge of the screen, and can cause breaking, which happened

The only difference is physical size, but since the resolution is the same it looks sharper on a smaller screen and the device is a lot lighter. There's no differences that matter, ie speed/processing ability

When my hinge finally broke after owning it forever, it was because I dropped the 3ds. Your mileage may vary.

You did something wrong, such as not having BootNTR.

Follow these intructions to the letter:
Make sure you're on Luma CFW.

To use NTR CFW, get ntr.bin from the appropriate zip on this page: github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
and copy it to the root of your SD card, then install BootNTR.cia from this page: github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases/latest

Then just launch your 3DS normally, launch the NTR app from Home screen, wait for it to "kick" you back to home screen, Press X+Y and that's it.

Does ntr have the ability to update itself? I've been spoiled by that feature for luma and fbi

>The only difference is physical size

You surely forgot to mention the larger screen?

Wow, no offense, but that seems like you should have been more careful opening and closing the screen.

Okay, thanks for letting me know. I'm still leaning towards the bigger screen on the N3DS XL, but I'll do some research now that I see there is criticism of the N3DS XL over the regular N3DS

yeah i did drop mine once, but it was on the actual screen, and not the side hinge. my little brother has had his 2013 3ds in the exact same quality since it's purchase, which is insane because my XL is the year of luigi 3ds that was released 3ish years ago.

Oh and obviously you don't want the 3.4 version unless you've got a New3DS.

Generally you want 3.2 anyway for stability.

Nope but NTR is not really a CFW, it's just a shell for Luma, basically an app running on top of Luma that gives you extra features.

Pretty sure I mentioned the physically smaller screen, sorry if that wasn't clear.

ok just remember to be careful, ok?

If it helps, had the red since launch, got the white when it launched too and I very quickly learned to prefer the white.

I hacked mine but havent played anything on it since i did, are there really any games worth playing, i just did it for the sake of being able to get any but i cant think of anything I want to play.

did you get the freeshop hack yet? that thing is god-tier, dude.

Just curious, why wouldn't you want to use a larger screen, or is it more problems?

yeah

Gota question for you all, can I use a rxtools-hacked 3DS for the system transfer required to downgrade my 11.0 n3DS?

But why should I care? I already own most of the games I want and I literally can't be assed to do whatever hacking my machine would entail.

>overclocking
But why the fuck should I care? Most of the best 3DS games either run well already or are JRPGs where FPS doesn't matter.

if you don't want it, send it to me.
i mean, really??? you have no idea what to get? you've got to be joking me.

Not sure. I would think about moving your rxtools installation to an A9LH/Luma installation first.

If there is no issue in performing a system transfer however, I think it should work.
The key thing is that you have access to buying a DSiWare title like Fieldrunners legitimately, and also that you can use FBI to install the hacked public.sav file.

i downloaded like mgs3 but i dont really want to play it since i have it on ps2 and ps3 anyway

I guess updating from rxtoolsto A9LH with Luna it is first. I hope it's just as straight forward as doing it on a virgin console.

Thanks!

no problems, I just quickly got used to less weight and having it more easily fit in my pocket. I don't exactly have bad eyesight so the screen size difference ended up making no difference to me.

Depends how you're using rxtools, I never used it so I'm not familiar with it but if it's anything like the Gateway setup I used to use, you can start off from the SysNAND entrypoint you have quite easily and transfer your EmuNAND to your SysNAND during the setup.

nigga you better give that to me. you aren't doing it justice in the slightest bit. get another game or something jesus christ

what games senpai theres literally nothing interesting i dont know why i bought it

Question here. I notice awhile back that Advance Wars DOR is on the FreeShop. Does the Online work? It's JPN only but doesn't really matter.

I would download and test this out but I got no Wifi today.

Thanks for your input. Still debating between the two. I just can't imagine playing a game like monster hunter on a smaller screen. That's the main thing pointing me towards the XL.

no way dude.
there are tons of games out there. go and explore them, play demos of them, whatever.
get monster hunter, Pokemon, whatever the hell you want. it's all in your grasp!