ITT: Fad games that burnt out fast

ITT: Fad games that burnt out fast

It's literally overwatch for poor people and overwatch is literally tf2 for uncle Norman

That's not overwatch tho user

This game was one of the most shilled games as of late and it's fucking shit.

Remember Stardew Valley? I feel a bit sorry for the dev - all those years of work for a few weeks of popularity

He sold enough to not care

blizzard, you can't just say that something happened and have it be true

People still play it though. It maintains a couple thousand players still which is a solid number for a purely single player indie game

It'll come back alive with the upcoming patch then the multiplayer patch

Remember TF2? Shame Overwatch, battleborn and paladins completely killed it...

I still play it it have a very active player base even if most veterans left after the meet your match update

Valve ruining the fucking game killed it

The saltiness against Paladins is ridiculous. Its just people pissed they paid money for Overwatch and Battleborn and need to justify the cost. You over payed deal with it.

thats the point, he never went back and finished multiplayer as promised, its been ages now

TF2 was a mindless shooter with no progression unless you wanted to farm drops. The community just plays the same handful of maps over and over. Really no point in continuing to play once you experienced a few things.

>The community just plays the same handful of maps over and over. Really no point in continuing to play once you experienced a few things.

You forgot community mod servers exist

No. Paladins is just a shitty game that can't stand on its own two feet so its fanbase spends its entire time pointing fingers at other games.

>game matches you against bots for the first five levels without telling you
>certain classes locked behind a grind or pay money system
>stat boosts locked behind the same system
>card system ripped directly from Dirty Bomb
>awful netcode
>shitty hitboxes
>can't have two of the same class on a team even in the casual mode
>horses are buggy, clunky, and floaty garbage
>not a single drop of originality to be found
>ugly visuals

Paladrones still cannot name five good things about the game related to gameplay and without mentioning Overwatch at all.

Paladins is to Overwatch as Dota 2 is to Heroes of Newerth.

I might install this game for this character.

here is a couple reasons i play:

#1 good match length
#2 good classes
#3 slow time to kill
#4 no bloated game modes and random map choice
#5 good latency and no technical issues
#6 customization system

"Progression" mecahnics are bullshit, literally just a skinner box used to keep you playing because the key game isnt' very fun

itt: blizzard defense force

#1 is subjective
#2 is subjective
#3 I don't know what you're saying
#4 is false because the game modes are bloated by frakensteining two game modes together
#5 is false because the netcode is terrible
#6 is hardly a point when the customization system isn't original

the funny part is that character is complete shit. the game has flanker characters which are as good as snipers expect they counter her hard.

>progression

Games don't need progression if the multiplayer is good. You shouldn't feel the need to play just for rewards, you should be playing because you enjoy playing it you fool.

Damn I just love the way she stands. I'm dumb like that, I watch some random ass anime because I like the opening theme.

>the kind of subhuman intelligence Paladins attracts

Why is that a problem?

>certain classes locked behind a grind or pay money system
Since you can't change heroes mid match, it's not a big deal, and one time purchase of all heroes is dirt cheap.

>stat boosts locked behind the same system
Not a problem unless you're an autistic fuck who needs to have every card for every hero

>card system ripped directly from Dirty Bomb
Is it? I thought in DB bonuses were related to rarity of weapons that dropped.

Thankfully.

>not a single drop of originality to be found
point me to original popular multiplayer game.

>awful netcode
>shitty hitboxes
>horses are buggy, clunky, and floaty garbage
true

>ugly visuals
subjective.

You need a progression system or competitive system to keep going. Once you have played one online multiplayer FPS you have played them all.

>Why is that a problem?
Because this doesn't happen in the tutorial or some shit. This happens if you try to play online. The game blatantly lies to you and matches you up against bots to give the player a false sense of skill and try to get them to play longer.

>Since you can't change heroes mid match
Not a good thing

>and one time purchase of all heroes is dirt cheap.
It being "cheap" doesn't excuse its existence.

>Not a problem unless you're an autistic fuck who needs to have every card for every hero
When the rarer cards are outright better, no.

>Is it? I thought in DB bonuses were related to rarity of weapons that dropped.
DB has cards just like Paladins and it changes the stats and loadout of your character so you play the character differently depending on the card, just like Paladins

>Thankfully.
If you care about class stacking in casual mode you're retarded. Limiting choice and strategy is bad especially if it's casual mode.

>point me to original popular multiplayer game.
Nice deflection.

t. Underage

Honestly, not being able to change heroes mid-match has grown on me, as it lets you alter the balance of the match based on which shit you upgrade

I'm sure the people who have managed to find 1000s of hours in Quake and TF2 disagree with you. Progression systems are a fairly modern idea which have been used to artificially extend interest in multiplayer games.

Whatever method you try to defend it, it's worse than being able to switch up team composition mid-match if something is not working or to counter an opponent's pick

the cards don't change enough to warrant the inability to switch classes

you either don't play that many hours or are extremely small minded.

>d3 killed by poe
>paladins killing overwatch as we speak
>sc2 killed by mobas
>hots dead on arrival
>wow slowly dying
>mfw

I was one of those people with counter strike in the mid 2000's. There is no way in fuck you are doing that with multiple games unless its your job. Its a phase you go through as a gamer and you grow.

>purely single
It has multi though

I got 81 eliminations at level 3 and felt like a fucking champ. Then I got to level 6 and could barely get 20. I just now realized that I was rused.

Not yet.

The only thing that killed tf2 was valve's stupidity

No, they're just cynical.

>only 1600 hours since 2008

Think you're hard?

and how many games have you done that across ? Like i said i did that with counter strike, you do it once and never again.

and I am also talking about solo queue. if you are playing with friends even the shitiest games are fun so its a moot point.

>It being "cheap" doesn't excuse its existence.
It keeps retards from playing competitive though, since you have to own 12 level 4 heroes to play it.

>When the rarer cards are outright better, no.
All cards are 1200. There are no rare cards anymore.

>changes the stats
yes.

>loadout of your character
No. Your weapons and skills are the same no matter what cards you have.

>Not a good thing
subjective.

>If you care about class stacking
Class stacking in a game that doesn't let you change heroes mid match is retarded.

Spent 3000h on BF2142
Stopped playing game for 8months then played TF2 for 4000h then I never played a FPS again because they were all shittier than BF2/2142 or TF2.

Haven't played a game since 2014 kek.

There was that one game Cred Forums was shilling hard a month ago. Earth Defense Force? Didn't last that long either. Like 2 weeks of active threads then it was gone.

>d3 killed by poe
d3 is shit.

>sc2 killed by mobas
Let's be real here, for a second. SC2 was killed my blizzard. They did fuck all when mobas started to dominate the market, ignored pro's complaints, ignored casual player complaints, and managed to lose all advantage that they had.

>wow slowly dying
Not soon enough. That game is a living corpse.

>It keeps retards from playing competitive though, since you have to own 12 level 4 heroes to play it.
More like it makes people pay out their money or grind for longer to be able to play competitive. A level limit would have been enough.

>No. Your weapons and skills are the same no matter what cards you have.
So it's worse and more limited than Dirty Bomb's. Good to know.

>subjective.
It's not subjective when it fucking limits gameplay and limits the ability to change up team compositions or counter opponents' picks. Force-locking classes has always been inferior. Less strategy, less variety, more linear matches.

>Class stacking in a game that doesn't let you change heroes mid match is retarded.
One problem creates another. What a surprise.

This game is garbage and has no redeeming qualities over anything else available.

I like this game

Not him, but

>1600 hours in tf2
>500 hours in sc2
>2000 hours in Mount and blade warband
>350 hours in chivalry medieval warfare
>3000 hours in various total war games combined

I find a game and I play the shit out of it. None of these have some out of game progression system aside from chivalry which I capped out 20 hours in.

I don't care if I get some fancy new weapon skin 150 hours in if the game is shit but a game with good gameplay will being me back time and time again

by games mate I meant online multiplayer PvP only first person shooters.

>makes people pay out their money
Oh noes! Free games aren't actually free! You have to pay with money or time to play them!

>So it's worse and more limited than Dirty Bomb's. Good to know.
Nice assumption since you have no idea how system actually works.

>Force-locking classes has always been inferior. Less strategy, less variety, more linear matches.
Subjective.

>anything else available
anything else being..?

>oh noes!

Wow I didn't know it was 2007

Back to Tumblr for you, faggot

I haven't played it since it went F2P. My point is that people will play a game if it's good enough, regardless of the lack of psychologically manipulative artificial progression systems.

(oldschool TF2 was the best shooter ever)

>I'll just label any criticism as being subjective and stick my fingers in my ears!

Paladrones are pathetic

>1600 hours in tf2
>500 hours in sc2
>2000 hours in Mount and blade warband
>350 hours in chivalry medieval warfare

All of these are games I primarily played multiplayer. Hell the only one that can't be played in first person is starcraft

Meant for

I love how you're in every fucking paladins thread spouting this mantra over and over again like it's your job

I'm sorry that I've been here since '08 newfriend, how's /r/Cred Forums?

>label any criticism as being subjective
>one point is subjective and it makes you buttflustered so hard.

Sure thing. So where are those awesome alternatives to paladins you were talking about?

Because you frothing fanboys have never been able to dispute it properly, and have never been able to successfully do what I say to do. It's a shit game, stop shilling it.

>one point
>has done it three times
>uses oh noes like an underage

Shit-eater

>done it 3 times out of 10 points that we've started with
>label any criticism as being subjective
It seem you have problem with math, kiddo.

And you're still an underageb& who plays shit games

>Progression system
>It's just a plan to feed kills to those that played longer
>Newbies grind to push past this and in turn get their own position of crushing new players

It's all about UN-leveling the playing field as those that spend most money on a game will only enjoy it as long as they have an advantage over SOMEONE.

>gets destroyed completely
>y-you're underaged!
You sure showed me!

>uses oh noes

You're underage

>can't come up with something new

>can't even argue all the points properly but claims to have destroyed someone

Why are you so insistent on defending a F2P garbageware game chock full of BRs and kids that Hi-Rez will abandon in less than a year?

>TF2 had no progression!

This is why I played in War3 servers.

>It being "cheap" doesn't excuse its existence.
It's there to gain some money back on the game, it's free to play, optional to pay. You'll get every card and hero if you play for 2-4 hours every day for a month
>A level limit would have been enough.
It seriously wouldn't, I'll deflect to overwatch as a prime example of how fucking retarded a simple level limit is.

Because everytime people give you points you ignore them or when they take a stab at your criticisms you throw out your favorite buzzword 'deflect' even though 7 of your original 10 critcisms are subjective and/or deflection

Listen man would I rather have people play a better game like Planetside 2 or Insurgency or Red Orchestra or Day of Defeat ? Sure but thats not gonna happen. Paladins is on the top of the charts and can provide some entertainment for years to come if the population is good.

Games like TF2, Counter Strike, Overwatch, Battleborn, Quake, and Unreal are not fun anymore. Paladins is fun right now.

>Why are you so insistent on defending
I'm not.

>chock full of BRs
Thank god I'm not amerifat, so I don't have this problem.
Fun fact: Out of 130 hours of paladins I had less flame in chat, than I had in 5 casual games of OW this week.

>will abandon in less than a year
Who cares? I had my fun and will move on to next game at that point.

>Because everytime people give you points you ignore them or when they take a stab at your criticisms you throw out your favorite buzzword 'deflect' even though 7 of your original 10 critcisms are subjective and/or deflection

You lie through your shit-coated teeth while proving me right in the same post, having to resort to compare the game to Overwatch.

Paladrones need to fuck off to /vg/ already and take their shovelware with them

>having to resort to compare the game to Overwatch.
I did it to prove my point.

Except it doesn't if the only way you can prove a point is deflection.

>hurr buzzword hurr

It's not a buzzword when it's all you faggot borderline shills do.

>got shut down once but still craves more cock in his mouth.

Smug anime faces don't magically make your words fact, Paladrone.

You guys are worse than Overshills by a large margin

I don't get you guys. This game is literally free. You don't need to pay for shit. Just play and get. It's not like you're going to throw money away by playing it like Overwatch and No Man's Sky. It's fucking free.

>he still replied after getting

>Agreeing that the game is a mess makes a paladrone
whew.

I can do better free things with my time than play a polished turd of a game

>can't even finish his posts

You can also do better paid games than play a polished turd of a game that is Overwatch but you still pay and play that.

>muh Overwatch

Nice job being as predictable as every other Paladrone, despite the fact that I have not once mentioned Overwatch. Just because I don't play your shit game doesn't mean I play a different shit game.

All you people can do is compare Paladins to other games because there's nothing good to say about the game itself.

No, shit games need progression to keep people playing. That's why every moba has it

And tf2 just got progression mechanics in form of rank points and xp anyway.

every indie game

Yeah you have not once mentioned Overwatch. Of course you didn't. You also didn't pay for Overwatcha right? You also never compare it to Overwatch. You just want to shit on Paldins because it's hirez. With the many threads here you pick the one with Paladins on it continue to copy paste and post your usual generic post and rant on it because you just felt like it. I bet you also didn't make the threads right? Don't worry user, Overwatch won't die anytime soon.

Why don't you actually play the game instead of quoting ancient Yatzhee bullshit

>You'll get every card and hero if you play for 2-4 hours every day for a month
you'll get every hero and every card that matters if you play for 2-4h every day for a week

buddy is at 10h, has almost every hero and decks for all his heroes

this game is way too fun to burn out. more fun than its competitors for sure.

>mindless
>blizzdrones actually believe this
TF2 had 100% more thought in to it than any shooter most people can name. The class system which it pioneered in actually turned people off of it because it was more complex than most.
Even comparing it to today's class shooters, it still ranks up high in complexity. More than OW, anyway.

>muh originality
When are devs going to admit ripping off pong

>Overwatch LITERALLY has a POTG system
>It's always 1 guy killing a lot of people
>in an objective shooter
What a complex, high stakes game

we're just now getting update 1.1 which requires you to restart your save file just to get new farm maps.

>potg
>person standing on point
>crowd goes wild cheering

Is it wrong that I see Paladins more of a LoL clone than an Overwatch clone?

ye

It's a clone of neither though. Paladins was in the work far before Overwatch was and having customization elements doesn't make it a LoL clone either.

Hey Hi-Rez, just so you know, using anime girl reaction pictures will not make Cred Forums magically oblivious to the fact that you are a shill.

you can't complete the objective if you don't kill lots of people

how else are you going to do it, diplomatically?

and it was vastly different before release. where in the end it just ended up copying overwatch due to overwatches sucess. fuck off nigger

That's wrong, you can't have two of the same champion but nothing prevent you to get two flankers.

The only reason it "ended up copying overwatch" is because
1. you're an autist that can't do research and listens to whatever le utube man tells you
2. It was always an """overwatch""" """""ripoff"""""

>Overwatch was announced. We were shocked and not sure what direction to take. We were already so far along with Paladins, but we didn't want to compete directly against Blizzard.
>We initially tried to find different ways to differentiate on game-play (different TTK, different style maps and game modes, different theme, etc), but the feedback from our tests, stats, and surveys showed that only a small part of our population was enjoying that style of game. In the end we said screw it and just made what we thought best, and closest to our original vision, even if people would think it's too close to Overwatch.

whatever you say overcuck fanbois, only hope left for you is to go on steam forums an cry some more, people who likes paladins including me wont leave it because of shitty ''muh copied game '' reasons

that's what Overshit fanbois believe

>fanboi
I put in 20h of overwatch at release. Haven't played it since, but enjoy being delusional, living in denial and having absolutely garbage taste in video games user
tl;dr

nigga. my first 3 matches i knew then it was bot

Overwatch shill vs. Paladin shill

who will win?

>i dont like something you like so you must have shit taste
typical Cred Forumsirgin logic

well you are on Cred Forums user. it's to be expected

>TF2 was a mindless shooter
It's possibly the most tightly designed game of all time. Every single class has a near infinite skillcap save maybe the Heavy.
>The community just plays the same handful of maps over and over
No. They don't. Check the server browser you ignorant, underaged blizzdrone.
>No point in continuing to play once you experienced a few things
Valve literally put more effort into holiday events than the Overwatch team put into the entirety of Overwatch, not to mention the community has produced 10x the content Overwatch has ever put out.

Please kys

>play Overwatch
>stuck to playing Reinhardt because no one picks tank and I want to win

>play Paladins
>mfw Fernando

Barik is better

>mfw battleborn is better than all of them

>good latency and no technical issues
spottet the shill. latency is atrocious. the hitboxes are absolute shit. UI has multiple overlaying issues. you can't even go on the trainings map without waiting 30sec first. and once youre in you can't even change your loadout, much less your character.

>d3 killed by poe
more like d3 killed by devs that tell the players what to play/what is fun and what not.

>wow slowly dying
it has been for 6 years now. for the same reason why d3 failed. devs tell you what/how to play, its no longer up to the player.

'Nuff said

>games need progression elements to have any replay value!
Fuck you. You're the entire reason devs shoehorn RPG stats and skill unlocks into their games and fuck everything up.

What? It did not pioneer the class system. That's in TFC.

Also, most games in TF2 are spam fests of rockets with 3-4 sentries in defense and 3-4 soldiers in offense.

>I only play on Valve servers and only have 10 hours in TF2

Played since Vanilla up to 2-3 years ago.
If you dont play on Valve servers, it's even worst. Insta Spawn, Snipers vs Sniper Matches, infinite time with nobody going for the objectives.

FRIENDLIES.

What's the point of playing Paladins when you can just play TF2?

Because both games are totally different?

Who cares? One is better than the other.

Whats the point of playing Paladins when you can play TF2?

Because I can actually snipe and curbstomp noobs in Paladins with little regard for any serious attempt at team coordination. TF2 is one of the funnest team games ever, but sometimes I just want to fucking murder people mindlessly and Paladins does that for me.

What is the point of a ham sandwish when you can have a chicken sandwish?

Maybe I just wanna play it? There is more than a single game and a single experience in every genre.

There is not only 9 games you are allowed to play in the world.

Why not play Overwatch?

TF2 doesn't have boobs and is not as fast paced.

Really though, one being "better" than doesn't completely determine the decision. They each have their own quirks which would lead one to choose one over the other.

I will play Paladins AND Overwatch. I also played Monday Night Combat, TF2 and many other games.

I play what I want to play. Paladins is free to play, there is no reason to not try it and play it for fun. Nobody care what you play, unless you are a teenager.

Fanboys are bad.

I was playing Paladins before it was cool because I applied for a beta key. Fuck you, user.

Stop trying to make "Paladrones" happen, Gretchen.

Well Paladins is not even out yet, while TF2 is out for like 9 years now.

Vanilla TF2 was really plain too at the start. 9 classes, and no changing weapons with, what, 5 maps?

Okay hipster

Ok, so what? You didnt like a unreleased game and you claim it's worst than another game?

Damn, that's like the weakest bait I've ever posted and you still bit. You either enjoy Paladins a lot, or you're bored as fuck.

Either way it goes, have fun. The game isn't bad, it's just lacking polish. (Fine considering its in beta anyway)

>People are mad the game makes new players play against bots to teach them the basics and make them familiar with the maps

Would you all rather play against or with "First time playing this champ xD" mouthbreathers?

And if it's about them not advertising the feature, then I'm sorry you felt great about your bot killing spree, but you have to move on.

I don't think you understand what "bait" means, user. Please lurk 2 more years before posting.

Paladins is better than Overwatch in almost every way

>Paladins has:
-better balance
-way better competitive gameplay with its "KOTH+Payload" style
-no gay stuns for people who can't aim
-not swarming with insta-kill bullshit, tanks won't insta-kill you

Overwatch has
>Genji, who is a fun character to play with his vast mobility, but they went out of their way to nerf his mobility just to make him LESS FUN to play so people would want to play him less. So this is less of a plus for Overwatch.

Sure, but not liking something does not mean it's objectively worst than something else.

Overwatch has the exact same KOTH+Payload mode, though.

I've been here longer than you, probably.
That's true.

>no gay stuns for people who can't aim
>when bomb king's annoying as fuck stun exists

It has a long ass fuse time and it's more psychological than anything. The only real time you should be hit by it is if Bomb King coordinated and drop it behind your team while you are being pressured from the front.

You mean the stun that takes about three fiddy seconds to go off and is preceded by him throwing a fuckhuge bomb that yells out before exploding?

If you get hit by that, it is entirely your own fault.

>B-but I can't be on the objective because of it!
Well shit, could that be because area denial is the bomb's true purpose?

In a game where area control is key, an AoE stun like that on a very short cooldown and high up-time is something very annoying.
Unless I'm missing a good way to counter? I've only played around three dozen games.

I tried this yesterday and it was absolute shit.
I played 5 games before uninstalling it.
All I got was
>1 map
>always against bots
>teammates that didn't speak at all except to defend the game when I told them that one sound effect was literally from Overwatch
>"so what it's free"
>it crashed multiple times

Forgot the absolutely ridiculous hitboxes.
If you got the general direction of the shot right, it would hit.

I'm tired of Overwatch, too. What should I play?

>>teammates that didn't speak at all except to defend the game when I told them that one sound effect was literally from Overwatch
What sound effect anyway? Also 4-5 bot games is about what it takes to get to level 5 anyway which is when you can jump into casuals. I did bots first anyway without even knowing this so I could familiarize myself with the game's nuances, I'm not sure why more people don't do this anyway.

Ladies, stop if you will.

As someone who plays tf2, overwatch and paladins, I must say there is little point in making comparisons:

TF2 is a very fast and dynamic shooter, outpacing both overwatch and paladins, but this is due to the old code and quakish freedom of movement and responsiveness. Paladins is smoother, but has terrible artistic direction. Overwatch feels great gameplay-wise and has a pleasant saturday morning cartoon vibe, but is easily the most infuriating out of the three, due to the fact random maps make ranked a chore, stacking ults is more encouraged than in paladins and overtime is a terrible mechanic. Also, it was made by blizzard, so relevant new content will be released by the time the game has fully died. Also, 90 percent of maps are shit.

Because forcing people to play with bots exposes how awful they are at video games.

I agree the game is very mediocre but it sounds a lot like you came into the game expecting to hate it so the evaluation doesn't really hold much weight.

Well, ignoring the obvious suggestion of TF2, if you still want something in the same vein then maybe Dirty Bomb. If you're willing to go a little farther from the genre and have money, I highly recommend Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege.

No man's sky

i would say evolve too but they got more players because of FTP

>Game has a tutorial
>IT'S SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Some sound effect during the overtime phase, I think. It wasn't the exact same but close enough.

I didn't expect to hate it at all. I was hoping it would be good after being tired of OW. I understand that it's only the beta, but the product was so unpolished and clunky.

>Anyway 4 times
Alright it's time to sleep.

>Use practice mode to familiarize yourself with the game instead of hopping in blind and not knowing what the fuck is going on
>SHITTERRRRRRRR
Alright

The game is definitely lacking in polish but I do find myself enjoying it more than Overwatch right now. It could be a bit of "shiny new toy" syndrome as well but I do like the game's faster pace and looser character design. Characters in Overwatch feel too rigid and overlap too much, I think.

Any AOE effects require line of sight to you to apply their effects, in addition to being in range. That's what the icon that appears in your HUD when something dangerous is near you is telling you.

When that icon is yellow, you're fine where you are. If it's red, it means the effect will affect you if you are still there when it goes off.

I played as the sniper Kinessa and felt like the developers hadn't put much thought in the abilities.
The delayed teleport was absolutely useless.
I would just spam the mines when they were off cooldown and otherwise scope in and shoot in the general direction of the enemies and get kills left and right. I finished the matches with like 5 deaths and 80+ eliminations. It was just ridiculous. The jungle map felt also really small and there was no point in trying to snipe from some far away spot (there were none).

battleborn is beyond dead.

THIS

I was against TF3, but now I need it so fucking bad. The game is beyond repair now, the only way to save it is to make TF3 and start anew all over again.

The teleport is delayed to not make her able to just instantly fuck off when a flanker tries to deal with her.

She's a good character, but if you got 80 eliminations, then the other team sucked ass or had no flankers. I know that if I'm playing Buck, for instance, I'm going for Kinessa and Cassie almost exclusively.

Yes, I know that much. What I mean is that I find the area denial so innately strong, which comes with his three other bomb types, that it makes him a must-pick in every game which isn't a very healthy state for the game to be in.

This. If the teleport was instant, Kinessa would be a top tier flanker. You don't want Kinessa to be a top tier flanker, you want her to have some weaknesses.

>her fingers

saggy boobs is Paladins

He is really squishy and only really has one escape option. A good Buck or Skye will absolutely destroy him every time.

Paladins somehow has more brain dead players than Overwatch. What happened? Why do people seem so shit at these games and ignore the objective?

>RIP-tire buffed
>Ability now activates more quickly
>Developer Comments: Junkrat can be an extremely effective hero in the right hands, but RIP-Tire often felt underpowered when compared to his counterparts.

>Breasts that adhere to gravity and have no apparent support
>SAGGY TITTIES

Literally my fetish.

>continue to ignore Pharah's shit ult
Thanks Blizzard.

But you just gotta use it at the right time, senpai.

Junkrat, Bastion, Torbjorn and Symmetra are all just awful. Pharah is slightly above their level.

>Junkrat can fire and forget his ult since it's an entity separate from him
>Casual shit

>Bomb King has to commit if he uses his ult, as he himself is the payload
>Strategic thinking needed

Paladins wins again.

>I need to play video games to play ranked
>I need to be a certain level to play ranked
You must be another level of retard to not see these are exactly the same

>He thinks hero stacking is good
>multiple named characters cloned and standing beside each other is normal
Hero stacking is broken bullshit and should never be in any game with named characters. Overmeme is the only game to allow this and it doesnt add to gameplay at all.

>Paladins somehow has more brain dead players than Overwatch.
Considering the fuck huge playerbase of Overwatch, that can't possibly be true even if all 40k Paladins players were braindead.

>Junkrat
>Awful

casual detected

>shit ult
stop posting this nonsense in every thread you retarded jobless neet

Junkrat just pads his stats to look good. High damage but typically he isn't doing anything for anybody and the player blames their team because they have gold damage.

Bastion was good until people realized he's immobile Torbjorn's turret is kinda weak. Its only good when nobody notices it, as it'll rack up damage and kills quickly. Otherwise, you're better off with someone else.

Symmetra is night and day. Shes bad in most situations, given her kit. However in others, she's a godsend if your team is somewhat coordinated. Hopefully changes to her kit will make her useful in an all around situation.

If valve rolled back all changes 3 years id run right back. They wont though.

faggot

Bomb King is more fun than Junkrat in general. He's much better at zone control and straight up damage.

>underageb&

>Ying's mirror makes gunshot sounds
Caught me off-guard when I tried her out.

I'd settle for removing the current matchmaking setup. Fuck that shit. Can't even join my friend if he's already in a game from matchmaking.

>he plays one game each year

>the other team sucked ass
No shit, they were bots, because this is a retarded ass game.

I don't really like the "a good player counters him" argument because it's not like the player is the only factor in killing another player. It's a team-based game. Anyway, I'll just deal with it and git gudder. Thanks for the (You)s.

Well, the rest of the team enables flankers like Buck and Skye to slip in and do their jobs, so there is a teamplay element to it.

>>>>>>>Buck
You mean Androxus or Evie

If you want to factor in a team, then any character with a shield will completely nullify the Grumpy bomb.

He's other tools are nowhere near as strong. His stickies are bugged so you can only stick 2 before they fall off, get destroyed or nullified by an F skill. Poppy bomb can only kill in certain environments and King Bomb takes a while to charge up..

I think Paladins has a lot of great ideas for how to balance the game. Dealing bonus damage when landing all the shots or a skill first would solve a lot of the balancing issues Overwatch has.

Androxus gets blown the fuck out by a good bomb king due to having a thousand less hp than Buck.

He also lacks the tools to keep him grounded, unlike Buck (net shot not only slows, but it cuts the airtime of jumps and knockbacks by a considerable amount.).

>It is Anno Domini 2016
>There are people who still hate Hi-Rez for abandoning a game that made negative dollars

>burnt out fast
>i literally didn't know this even came out yet

that's probably a world record for burning out, it's a negative time

Nigga Androxus can fly and actually deals damage unlike Buck. And has an actual defensive tool rather than a shitty heal.

It's been all over Cred Forums since the beta released on steam a couple weeks ago. Has 30k players right now, which means it went down about 10k.

It had a sort of cult following and considering it was abandoned in favor of "MOBAshit," the hate is no surprise.

Drogoz counters any shield play. spec 50% shield damage and airstrike them. Still alive? 1 shot anyone with your ultimate charge. especially that annoying turtle or fernando.

>"KOTH + Payload Style"
Overwatch already has this you dunce.

Considering that Tribes made negative money and the MOBAshit made positive money, it was a good business decision.

No. Overwatch is "Attack-Defend into Payload"

You dunce. In Paladins, either team can be the one pushing the cart

That's F2P for you.

>Hear about Paladins way back when it was in beta
>Practically unheard of
>Videos start sprouting about it
>"Oh it finally came out maybe I'll try--"
>"HURR DURR PALADINS IS SOOOO MUCH BETTERER THAN THE OVERWATCH XDDDD BLIZZSHILLS BTFOOOO BASED HI-REZ"
Well I guess I'll never be able to form that opinion for myself because if you faggots can only praise your game by shitflinging another it must not be a very good game.

It goes both ways. A lot of it isn't even about either game so much as people shitflinging purely for the sake of it.

Because the game is free, so nobody has to actually justify their purchase by making an effort, that's part of the reason. When you have zero bar of entry you get lots of fucking idiots flooding in

>blizzdrones are this mad that Paladins didn't instantly die like Battleborn

Does this mean you can't put Symmetra sentries on it anymore?

Mobile apps aren't games, user.

It's hard to not compare the two really. Paladins is pretty much free overwatch with less polish and the balance is a bit better.

Tell that to all of America and most of Japan.

Played this game last night because I'm a salty scum of the earth mac user and cant play overwatch.... and it was fun. This isn't a fad game, its an open beta and theres some obvious effort put in here.
A fad game is a game like any of those who pander to audiencese by trying to be "Hip" and "cool" kind of like that shitty animated movie Shark Tale from back when. It had no good features and pandered to as many people as possible to make a quick buck.

>but user fuck you

I don't have to agree with you

f2p games never instantly die, there's always that one guy that spent $15 on skins and feel invested in it.

>That webm

Lol they even copied that from Overwatch

Can you get kill streaks while watching booty?

Play of the Game is a shit mechanic and Barik is a lot more involved (and more useful) than Torbjorn is so no, thankfully.

>get a solid 30 ping in overwatch constantly
>paladins is laggy as all fuck and next to unplayable
I'll give it a chance when they fix the fuck awful servers and horrible hitboxes.

>$15

Ha, it's not about the guy who spends $15 on skins once in a while, user. It's about the whales who spend $300+. I know a guy who drops that much on every single f2p he gets remotely interested in. Hearthstone, Path of Exile, Heroes of the Storm... blew at least 300 bucks on each one of them.

> point me to an original popular multiplayer game

TF2 was this when it first launched. There also aren't a lot of games that compare to things like Planetside 2, Insurgency, Counter-Strike, Tribes (RIP), and basically anything popular that isn't otherwise reviled as a clone.

You didn't specifically indicate shooters, mind you, so I could go even further.

Impossible. Scienceologists have proven that the human brain is only capable of liking one game at any given time.

The inability to switch heroes mid-match allows them to balance the game outside of Rock-Paper-Scissors.

I play Overwatch not because I think Paladins is any different (they're almost exactly the same), but because 40USD all at once is a barrier that keeps most Brazilians out.

Free to play games are riddled with that cancer and I refuse to play with it.

Ah yes, the same two dozen or so maps, not counting community servers. Truly a limited experience.

>(they're almost exactly the same)
Yeah, the main difference being that OW actually is a good game.

Worse, Tribes has actually had updates this year. It's impossible to make the dozen or so remaining Tribes fans happy.

>Play of the Game is a shit mechanic
I actually kinda wish Paladins did it. I've had a few moments I'd like to rewatch that definitely would be PotG. The "team picks the MVP but it doesn't really matter" part is definitely shit, though.

Most of those would get called clones if they weren't in existing series. Insurgency is the only one that isn't, and I've seen it called a CoD clone. It doesn't even play much like CoD, and people still call it a clone.

Killcams are not accurate.

Also, when was this recorded?

>Killcams are not accurate.
I was under the impression they are now that servers are 60 tick.

Yeah, and instead they are making F2P clones of popular games.

If you wanted to play Tribes you would've done so by now, user

The lack of support is what killed that game, and what kills Hi-Rez games.

>The game blatantly lies to you and matches you up against bots to give the player a false sense of skill and try to get them to play longer.
>to give the player a false sense of skill

You seem to know things only HiRez would know.

>DB has cards just like Paladins and it changes the stats and loadout of your character so you play the character differently depending on the card, just like Paladins

They also both have guns that shoot projectiles at the other team. It's slightly similar in that they have a mechanic that hands out cards and they change your character, but each DB card defines your character. Each Paladins card tweaks your character. The DB system is getting cards through RNG on top of RNG, Paladins is a lot nicer.

>one time purchase of all heroes
Why is that a problem? Seriously, the heroes are really easy to get, you're really buying the chests.

>If you care about class stacking in casual mode you're retarded.
If the balance is well done, why would you ever want to stack?

>Limiting choice and strategy is bad especially if it's casual mode.
Making every character viable in their role is a good thing. You shouldn't have to switch because the other team chose rock and you chose scissors. Counters should be based on roles, not on classes.

I've played a lot of Overwatch, and wanted to try Paladins, and first it was kinda fun, but then every time I've played (like 3 times) I just think why I'm not playing Overwatch. And then, when playing Overwatch again, everything feels much better.

It's just a shitty poormans Overwatch, nothing more.

Yeah, lack of support from the players.

At least they finally found success in Smite.

There's still lag due to internet connection on both sides.

does it have banter or the same (((humour))) as overcucked?

>Out of 130 hours of paladins I had less flame in chat, than I had in 5 casual games of OW this week.

So far I've seen one guy use the chat. Most people use VGS instead.

>making F2P clones of popular games
>clones
I mean, I guess you could call Smite a Dota-clone, but then all FPS games are now Quake-clones.

Nope.
Barely any lines or personality.

Seems like character spout the same 3 lines over and over. Could be a beta thing but who knows.

It's just Overwatch for poor people, but far less polished.

>Could be a beta thing
It probably is. They used to have voiced VGS and now it's just emotes. Hopefully that means they're working on expanding it.

>latency is atrocious
I get the same ping I do in TF2. You probably have issues with your connection.

Not him but every single other game i have a good ping but this one, but yeah, its on my end. Surely its not a game in early beta's fault.

>top 8 game on stream
>top 3 f2p on steam
>dead

Everyone knows dead games look the most alive. That's why we were so angry about Tribes. It looked dead, which means it's really the most alive of all!

Paladins has better sluts

People who make these kinds of threads are either:

>Blizzcucks who paid 40-60 dollarydoos for a Source Filmmaker model pack and are upset that this game isn't as dead as Battleborn yet

and/or

>Salty Tribesfags who deluded themselves into thinking that HiRez halted development T:A for the lulz and nothing else.

>500 hours
>only played valve servers
>having an opinion on TF2

your logic give me stroke

>tfc poineered class system
it wasn't even the first team fortress game

All the characters from Paladins look like they come from a generic Korean MMO.

This is a guy, right?

Whatever gets you off.

>Played since Vanilla up to 2-3 years ago.
>LESS than 500 hours
>Only played on Valve servers
>Thinking his opinion matters on anything at all

ANyone wanna play? give me your paladin name and ill send ya an invite!

>you need to play 4000 hours to have a problem with something in modern team fortress 2
let me guess, you left a review with 10000 hours saying "its ok i guess xD"

game was prduced before overwatch you ignorant kike

TF2 has been shit since mym and before that it wasn't too great either, but if you've only played 500 hours of it in the past 9+ years then no, you really don't have any room to talk about anything regarding the game.

Sorry you said "vanilla" for whatever reason and I interpreted that as launch.

7.5 years for that play time is still pitiful

and in those few weeks he earned a shitton of money.

I think most people would agree he was quite sucessful.

>better balance

I'm laffin.

Still can't wait for the Hi-Rez marketers to leave Cred Forums.

There was a flash game clone of tribes that was actually a lot more fun than tribes.

I wish I could find it again.

Wow, the engie voicepack says "that was easy" as one of his GG lines. OW can't have that.

>implying anyone could be worse than blizzard at balancing

the problem with blizzard games being "balanced" is because the games are full of classes and choice - the casuals dream.

>can't change heroes mid game
>can't have more than one of a hero on a team

what the fuck, people are seriously trying to compare this to overwatch? lol

The only thing battleborn killed was itself user.

Jesus christ, you're one autistic moron.

cringe

Not being able to switch classes mid-game is even more casual. Less strategy and thought during a game because the game will be the same the whole time

Even worse when someone on the other team picks your class counter and you can't do shit about it

...Just like overwatch?

Is this what it looks like to watch a Paladrone's psyche collapse in real time? Jesus christ you guys are pathetic. Why did a F2P class shooter attract such defensive autists?

IT's the main reason I stopped playing overwatch honestly. Map selection is so piss poor and character selection is ok but wearing thin and future prospects aren't all that exciting since they'll always be the same.

>>implying anyone could be worse than blizzard at balancing

Yeah, they are, and they're called HiRez Studios.

It's like Paladins is your first HiRez game.

>wow slowly dying
Blizzard will never disconnect that walking corpse though. Not even after the shittiest expansion they've ever made (WoD).

What do you mean "no progression"? I think the ubercharge mechanic provides enough progression in a match.

You know the fact that you and others even know what's posted in each thread just shows the only people who talk about Paladins are a handful of shills

He means unlockable items.

If Overwatch players really don't care about Paladins why do they defend their game in Paladins threads

>palacuckies

>every Paladins OP and almost every post mentions Overwatch from Paladins players
>HURR WHY DO PEOPLE WHO PLAY OVERWATCH COME

Only about five people on Cred Forums play Paladins but they just samefag every thread

Because all Paladins discussion begins, and revolves around baiting Overwatch players since there's no legitimate discussion to be had about this game?

So why do the Defenders of the Blizzard come post on said threads and give them the attention they crave instead of ignoring them?

Because without people biting baits Cred Forums would have died years ago.

People here look forward to being angry.

Because it's funny watching Paladrones have "muh Overwatch" as their only argument because the game has no merit

>Because all Paladins discussion begins, and revolves around baiting Overwatch players
>Literally the first responds was Paladin is overwatch for poorfags

Holy shit, this shit thread still up?

The server update already up hours ago you dumb retards.

Thanks for giving me this hilarious (You) to wake up to, and thanks for showing how autistic you drones really are.

You mean like the days before Overwatch's release, with Paladrone being "Overhyped" and "muh Overwatch" being "muh TF2" or "muh Battleborn"?

Face it, you hate the game because your game was a victim of the same shitposting and now you can have what little power you can gain from whatever your master plan is.

No, I hate the game because it's shit and the five samefags who defend it on this board can't say anything legitimately good about it but still make thread after thread.

This is some next level hatred for a simple FPS that you won't play, user.

It's like you want Cred Forums to collectively hate the game or something.

I can already tell you're the smug anime face poster from this thread last night

>Paladrones
There's no such thing. The people defending Paladins just are Blizzard haters.

Does imagining that there's only one smug anime poster help you focus your anger on Paladins?

By discussing Paladins, shitpost or praisepost, you have given it popularity. I even question if the entire objective of the OP was to drum up support & marketing for Paladins be cleverly disguising it as a shitpost.With over 280 replies I believe the strategy is working.

Yes

And once I have focused my anger enough I will create an anger-fueled weapon that will blow up the world from how focused my sheer anger is

Nothing can stop me