Finally got around to playing this as it's been on my backlog for 3 years, thought it was great

Finally got around to playing this as it's been on my backlog for 3 years, thought it was great.

Will I enjoy transistor as much as I did this?

I don't see a whole lot of of discussion about supergiant amd their projects, let's have a nice thread.

Also is saving Zulf one of the feelest moments in vidya

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DGxgFxF47XY
youtu.be/Jz8c17upEwM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Probably not as much, but it's a good game too.

Bastion is the better game, but Transistor was alright. 7/10 maybe. It's got a fun soundtrack, and a beautiful visual style.

I enjoyed the combat in transistor more, but got invested in bastion's story far more quickly. Also i prefer bastion's music

Pointlessly parroting that Transistor is solid but Bastion is definitely the better game.

_n C_rcl_s is probably my favorite track of both games

I had fun with Transistor, but Bastion is definitely my GOATAY, especially since it has more replay value with the idols.

Also yes, Zulf is feels incarnate.

transistor is a shit, reduced version of bastion. worse in every way. i'd just skip it desu

That being said, some of the art in Transistor is really cool. If I hadn't really liked their OTHER isometric action game with a sweet narrator and great music and mix-and-match weapon combat it wouldn't suffer so much from the comparison.

Narration in Transistor felt a bit forced.

That song that played when you saved Zulf was just too much for me.

I wish the damage system in Transistor was a little simpler

Bastion: Use potions to recover health. Run out of health and you die.
Transistor: Run out of health and you start losing weapons. run out of weapons and die. but losing a weapon really sucks and saving is free, so you're really just going to reload a save and do it again, making the punishment pointless.

Anyone slightly sceptical about the NEXT supergiant game?

Leave Zulf, restart Caelondia, NG+, save Zulf, fly away.
youtube.com/watch?v=DGxgFxF47XY

the art is really sweet- the gameplay they showed off looks pretty so-so though. I'll probably get it when it's cheap after it comes out, unless magic 3 on 3 wizard basketball turns out to be totally rad.

Reminds me of Klimt with a cyberpunk finish to them.

I loved both transistor and bastion. They need to hurry up with their next game already.

Knife is my wife.

I don't know. The combat system doesn't look good to me.

Fucking loved Bastion. The level of polish on it is godamn incredible for an indie game and the worldbuilding, music, and aesthetic are all incredible.

Lotta people dump on the combat but personally I thought it was fine and really enjoyed both playing for score and doing the dreams with all idols active.

I think Transistor is better in some ways but also slightly less polished. The visuals, music, and combat system are all massively improved and the level of customization you have is also incredible - but the core storyline is arguably less engaging, the worldbuilding is (deliberately) thinner, and the challenges/NG+ aren't integrated into the narrative as well.

That said I fucking love Red and have to give the devs props for her, she has a surprisingly strong characterization for a mute character you only follow for the length of a single night and the decision to have her follow up on her wish to reunite with her lover in the country is both daring and brilliant since its simultaneously unexpected and yet totally in-line with her previous actions.

Both are fantastic games and I'm fucking dying to play Pyre.

I got to play the demo and I think it's best to not think of it as combat and to think of it more as a sports match.

It's more like Bloodbowl than a traditional RPG, if that makes sense. Positioning, mobility, reflexes, and managing your stuns/status effects/etc. is the focus - not balancing dps and heals alongside buffs/debuffs.

Transistor is one of the most gorgeous games I've ever had the pleasure of playing. It's worth it for the visual spectacle alone, but the gameplay, music, atmosphere etc are all top notch as well.

No, transistor is bad. I enjoyed bastion tho.

Klimt is pretty prole tier. Take byzantine / minoan art and slap some pawn brokers slutty yenta wife on it lol.

Ignore anyone saying Transistor is shit. They're both great, Transistors soundtrack is enough of a reason to experience it.

I loved transistor but I just can't get into bastion

it feels very generic, I didn't enjoy much of the combat, and for some reason the narration gets on my nerves

it's worth giving it another try though, right?

I think you should. Personally, I think that Bastion is miles better than Transisitor.

It gets really good near the end.

I loved Bastion and thought Transisotr was just as good, if not better. I'm pretty exited about Pyre too, even though I don't really like sports games.

There's an equivalent to the Idols in Transistor, though. Some functions that you can add to the Transistor. Activating them all makes the game pretty hard in certain parts.

yeah, that seems to be the consensus. it's been at least a year and a half, and I never made it terribly far anyway. I just felt like nothing was happening and there was no story.

I just wish the weapons were better balanced. Most of the weapons lose viability with more shrines. The only really viable weapons on higher levels of shrines were the mortar and the pikeman spear.

Did someone say Bastion?

The scrapgun and rifle were also pretty good.

But yeah, you were straight up handicapping yourself by using most of them. The repeater in particular was literally only viable with one memebuild when doing the Kid's Dream.

I enjoyed Bastion. I did not like Transistor, it was a chore to play, I couldn't bring myself to care about the story, and Sword-Boyfriend's constant narration was just annoying, whereas Bastion's narrator was a treat.

youtu.be/Jz8c17upEwM

The music is the best part of both games.